Incompetent cervix and cerclage

Hi angelic 888
Thank you so much. I bought the PRUSHIELD A Premier extra which is enhanced plus extra coverage but now prudential is rejecting my claim and they actually stated a different diagnosis on their letter to my hospital discharge report.
I am really very disappointed with the way they handle it.
Hi Lalalalaaaa, which hospital did you did the cerclage? GE had gotten back to me, as cerclage is not pregnancy complication thus it is not claimable. I am thinking maybe only govt hospital is allowed to claim for cerclage surgery.

Hi Lalalalaaaa, I have the same type of Insurance plan with u too but my claim with Prudential is successful. Prudential has fully reimbursed my surgery charges two weeks later. My cerclage surgery was done in Dec 2016.
It was a smooth claim. I just have to inform KKH that I am covered under Prudential on the day I was warded for the surgery. No help needed from my agent.

Hi Mrs Rose,
Wow! I did the same thing as you did at hospital and have same plan as you... but admitted to NUH. Now Prudential rejected the claims due to pregnancy related. Then my agent said all pregnancy related cannot be claimed :(

Did anyone got rejected and successfully appeal?

Last edited:
Hi Mrs Rose,
Wow! I did the same thing as you did at hospital and have same plan as you... but admitted to NUH. Now Prudential rejected the claims due to pregnancy related. Then my agent said all pregnancy related cannot be claimed :(

Did anyone got rejected and successfully appeal? The agent blame the medical report submitted by the hospital.

Hi Mrs Rose and Polaris,

Prudential approved my claim after my appeal and upon obtaining the medical report from NUH.

Hi Mrs Rose and Polaris,

Prudential approved my claim after my appeal and upon obtaining the medical report from NUH.

Hi Lalalalaaaa,
Thank you for your reply.
Woah. This is interesting. It was rejected because medical report shown related to pregnancy

Last edited:
Hello Mummies,

If you’re open to know more about how you can switch your policy to another company to enjoy less hassle while doing the claims.

Kindly drop me a message at +6590904949.

Cheers!
Jazlyn Teo

Hi Lalalalaaaa,
Thank you for your reply.
Woah. This is interesting. It was rejected because medical report shown related to pregnancy

Hi polaris111, I am also claiming insurance from Prudential. May I ask if the discharge summary indicate cervical incompetence or cerclage, will Prudential claim that it is related to pregnancy?

Hi Mummies,
I just have my cerclage done and there is still funnelling at Week 15. It worries me every single day and my doc prep me that mine would be pre term

Back