IVF/ICSI Support Group

Which hospital u went? i have used up 2 fresh cycle & 2 frozen cycle co funding. And now are waiting for blood test. i had my embryo transfer on 5Dec. 1st fresh cycle i have only 1 embryo. And 2nd time after dr increases some medications i have 5 good embryos. Don't give up will have good results soon. =)

Thanks and good luck to you too

I was with kkh but should be transferring to nuh..

Hi

Anyone used up government co funding already but still trying?
Idk if its very foolish to continue trying despite using up the government co funding already..

My attempts are as follow
Mar 2013 1st fresh - bfp son just turned 4yo
May 2017 2nd fresh - bfn
Nov 2017 3rd fresh - bfn

Ive got low ovarian reserve and is 35yo this year

Im thinking of going for 1last shot cuz still got money in medisave (4k i think) but i dont intend change hosp or dr lol..

Anyone in similar situation as me? =)

Which hospital u went? i have used up 2 fresh cycle & 2 frozen cycle co funding. And now are waiting for blood test. i had my embryo transfer on 5Dec. 1st fresh cycle i have only 1 embryo. And 2nd time after dr increases some medications i have 5 good embryos. Don't give up will have good results soon. =)
Thanks and good luck to you too

I was with kkh but should be transferring to nuh..

oh great... im with nuh too. the dr n nurses there are very encouraging. all the best to u

i just had my 1st appointment with Prof Wong.
he asked us why we consulted him today.
i said we tried for a long time so hope to approach him for ivf.
his reply was, "who said it must be ivf ?"
that question was not very re-assuring.
got me into thinking...what if he told us to start from iui first in our next appointment ?
i don't like to waste money on iui, especially when there is no co-fund or subsidy.

any thoughts?

got me into thinking...what if he told us to start from iui first in our next appointment ?
i don't like to waste money on iui, especially when there is no co-fund or subsidy.

any thoughts?

When we went for our first consultation at kkh in March this year , I mentioned to the doc that we wanted to start ivf, and the gynae asked about our medical history. When I told him about my blocked tube on the right, he said because of my blocked tube I qualify for ivf. If not he has to start me on iui first before he can let me start IVF. Maybe there is a set of requirements/testing they need to do before they can put anyone on IVF at gov hospitals.

any thoughts?

i think is their protocol to ask couples to go for iui 1st. I had the same experience. I am not sure if they can skip that step anot cos to me & my husband we think that is a waste of $. And we spent 2400 for 3 unsuccessful iui. While we do not know whats the reason of it. Check with him on can this stop can be skipped or if die die also must go through can it be only once? good luck to you.

any thoughts?

I myself also went through a round of iui even though i know it was a waste of money. However, i agreed with all that it is their protocol. But if u think from doctor's view, i feel that they are thinking of our own good as if u r healthy with no issue, usually with a few round of iui, u should suceed. And iui is less invasive than ivf.

Overall with a round of failed iui, u should be able to request to do ivf. I had a failed iui in november but i doing ivf in jan 2018 once my af come.

any thoughts?

Yup he might ask you to start from IUI first, but will be dependent on all the test results.

He's very inclined to be as pro-natural, and least intrusive to you as much as possible. Which for someone like me who over responds to med appreciates a lot.

Because if there's a chance you can conceive with IUI, that is definitely better for the body to support the baby during the pregnancy. Likewise if you're doing ivf, and if you can do a frozen transfer naturally, why do the artificial way?

We tried a few cycles of natural FET and concluded it's not going to happen, so he was the one who suggested to not continue, and do medicated instead.

After trying IUI, and 2 fresh cycles of IVF, I asked him if we should do IUI while waiting for 3rd fresh (because I was aligning it with work schedule), he said no need to put ourselves through all of it since we're planning for ivf after that.

Only "problem" I see with Prof is he's very conservative. But again that's aligned with him not being intrusive.

thanks all. now i feel more assured and ready to go with the flow. but if it is indeed true that i am to go iui first and then failed thereafter, i will certainly request for ivf.

thanks all. now i feel more assured and ready to go with the flow. but if it is indeed true that i am to go iui first and then failed thereafter, i will certainly request for ivf.

Prof is not the kind who will sugar coat or elaborate. He only gives the facts and tells you what he thinks is best for you as his patient. However, if you probe and share your concerns, he will patiently explain to you. I think open communication with the fertility doctor is key because he's gonna be the one journeying with you very closely from day 2 of your period til week 12 of your pregnancy.

At the beginning of my journey with him in Apr this year, I kinda felt the same as you. Like why waste time on IUI, why not go str to IVF. Now that I completed 3 IUI before moving on to IVF, i truly appreciate why IUI first. This is just my personal thoughts on IUI and IVF. I found IVF to be extremely invasive and took a toll on my body. All the drugs that's pumped into the body during the 2 weeks stim, and then after transfer, i was given a lot of meds (which will be taken all the way til week 12 of pregnancy). It was a lot for my body to bear. But because I already tried and failed IUI, i know that IVF was the only way I could get pregnant. There was no moment of regret for me to think "if only i had tried iui, perhaps I could have succeeded and my body didn't have to undertake all the drugs".

If you are looking for a doctor who is aggressive in protocol, I don't think prof is the one for you. He believes in giving you the just right amount so as not to overtax your body. Dosage in the first round of IVF is like a trial and error. He will give you what other ppl sharing your medical profile succeed in. If your body did not react the same way as the other patients, he will adjust in your 2nd round. It doesn't mean he's not a good doctor because he did not give you a high dose. He's truly concern about your body.

any thoughts?

Maybe based on what you told him, he felt that you should try ivf first.
My first ivf was with RH and my Dr told me we should try IVF after hearing my medical history. Plus, we tried IUI before that at another clinic. At first, I had doubt when the Dr suggested this and that and then later I told myself that I have to trust her and go with her flow. I did the IVF with a cyst and adenomyosis. And did a deferred transfer as she suggested. I BFP. So must go with the Dr you are comfy with and whom you trust.

My second ivf was with NUH but not with prof. My Dr also told me we will just go straight to IVF after hearing my medical history. I'm doing my FET next month after an abandoned FET cycle. I was stubborn and insisted to do FET the very next mth after ivf but ended up wasting money and time. Now I tell myself, I'll ask my Dr to suggest and I'll do accordingly.

thanks all for your input.

just out of curiousity, for iui, do we also need to make trips often to the clinic. for blood tests and scannings i mean.

Just scanning involved for me and till your follices are big enough to proceed for iui. I had about 3 trips of scan before my iui at kkh last month.

Just scanning involved for me and till your follices are big enough to proceed for iui. I had about 3 trips of scan before my iui at kkh last month.
Same here.. Jayjayqueenie IUI normally will have 3-4 scans to monitor if ure ovulating, and to make sure they insert the sperm before or on the day egg is release.. About 2-3 days apart.. After 12-14 days of Period..

Dear ladies... I have return eggs to zsnn at havelock road 玉皇壂 and Toa Payoh 双林寺城皇庙 this morning. Feel free to drop by to collect the eggs! Baby dust to all!

Hi ladies,

I am new to this forum :)..we have our first ivf with dr. Sf loh in tfc..currently my wife is in 7dp2dt..she mentioned she doesnt have any symptoms at all..Just want to check if it is normal?

Dear ladies... I have return eggs to zsnn at havelock road and Toa Payoh this morning... Feel free to drop by to collect the eggs! Baby dust to all!:)

The iui can qualify for the same ART subsidy but I would advise not to use it as I used it for my 1st iui then by my 1st Ivf it was considered 2nd attempt so the subsidy wasn’t the Max by then. Jia you! If ur hubby sperms ok no harm trying iui, my hub volume v Low and form v bad so referred me to Ivf immed after 1 iui.

Hi ladies,

I am new to this forum :)..we have our first ivf with dr. Sf loh in tfc..currently my wife is in 7dp2dt..she mentioned she doesnt have any symptoms at all..Just want to check if it is normal?

Yup normal! U Shld have gone for 1
Ultrasound to check fetal heart rate alrdy right so be assured fr there! Not everyone gets morning sickness so she’s lucky! And congrats!!

Yup normal! U Shld have gone for 1
Ultrasound to check fetal heart rate alrdy right so be assured fr there! Not everyone gets morning sickness so she’s lucky! And congrats!!

Heartbeat shd be around week 7! First scan on week 5 may not see fetal pole also

I didn’t have symptoms earlier during my 2ww, spotted a couple of days before BT, and then had persistent spotting all the way until week 10 or so

Heartbeat shd be around week 7! First scan on week 5 may not see fetal pole also

I didn’t have symptoms earlier during my 2ww, spotted a couple of days before BT, and then had persistent spotting all the way until week 10 or so
You had spotted during 2ww until week 10? Did Doctor try to stop the spotting after BT positive?

You had spotted during 2ww until week 10? Did Doctor try to stop the spotting after BT positive?

I had scans every 1-2 weeks, and was on max dosage of progesterone according to the docs: crinone daily, and 3 jabs weekly.

My spotting ranged fr bright red blood to dark brown sticky mess. And docs were saying unexplained spotting is quite common for first trimester ivf cases.

Currently approaching week 33 and all is good! So if anyone has the same experience, consult your doc, but at the same time don’t worry yourself tooooo much. Hopefully it’s also ok.

i want to ask anyone still has sore boobs the week period is due ? for me it used to turn flacid for af week lol. and argh...cramps but seeing nothing.

my af is here today and my bloatiness is slowing going off. anyone the same ? looking so bloated before af comes? but sigh...i need to wait for another cycle to do my cd2 blood test at nuh.

my hubby just submitted his samples for SA. due to some unforeseen reasons, we submitted within 2 hours instead of 1.
anyone did that and had to retest ? *gulp*
we did not cancel his appointment because we are not as sexually active after having #1. so collecting sample is not as easy now; in terms of planning time frame and etc. we actually wished the max no. of days to abstain from bd is 10 days or more lol.

Returning Red Eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file)

Dear all, I’m an ivf mummy who thankfully succeed in my first fresh Ivf in feb done in sgh with dr Yu suling. I’ve delivered my first born, baby boy on 25th nov and am returning red eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file) tomorrow (25th dec) morning - his full month. If you are interested in collecting the red eggs, you can drop by the temples after 11am. Baby dust to all here!Anf a Merry Christmas to all too! :)

Attachments

• 53A974DE-371F-4A72-8654-99714E4D18CB.jpeg
    53A974DE-371F-4A72-8654-99714E4D18CB.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 271
Hi ladies,

which embrologist is she under? is everythg all right now? i heard got symptom/ no symptom is fine doesnt say its bfp or no bfp. each individual is different. no symptom also can bfp de for some sisters here said. how many frozen embries?

all e best

Last edited:
Returning Red Eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file)

Dear all, I’m an ivf mummy who thankfully succeed in my first fresh Ivf in feb done in sgh with dr Yu suling. I’ve delivered my first born, baby boy on 25th nov and am returning red eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file) tomorrow (25th dec) morning - his full month. If you are interested in collecting the red eggs, you can drop by the temples after 11am. Baby dust to all here!Anf a Merry Christmas to all too! :)

Congrats lapin!! So happy for u. My turn to deliver next month...

Hi ladies
I need some advices as I have just failed my first fresh cycle. I still have 3 more embryos to try.

1. If I change doctor do I need to Re-Q for my FET? How Long will that take?

2. If I stick to the current doctor how Long will I be able to do my FET?

3. When you guys doing the ET, are you all able to see from the screen that the embryo is put into the uterus? For my the doctor didn’t scan at all just insert and that’s it. I wasn’t even ask to lie down n rest for a few mins.

4. Do you all think the doc that put the embryo into us matters? All all docs are the same?

Need help as I am in a dilemma whether to change my doc to DR Tan a not.

Thank you first

Hi ladies
I need some advices as I have just failed my first fresh cycle. I still have 3 more embryos to try.

3. When you guys doing the ET, are you all able to see from the screen that the embryo is put into the uterus? For my the doctor didn’t scan at all just insert and that’s it. I wasn’t even ask to lie down n rest for a few mins.

4. Do you all think the doc that put the embryo into us matters? All all docs are the same?

Thank you first

I thk usually requeue is about 3 to 4 months not very sure about this. But I did only once IVF with Dr THH and it was a success for our first try. Currently I am already 21 weeks pregnant, hope to pass the baby dust to you as well.

He is a good doctor with lots of patience , even during my first trimester I had bleeding and he asked me not to worry and ordered the support jab for me.

Yes I am able to see the screen when he inserted the embryo during my FET. I won't forget how he told me that my beautiful embryo is in my womb after the FET :)

I was having pain during the FET process when the forcep was being used, but he managed to do it quickly to lessen the pain and comfort me that it's gg to be done. I don't thk I'll be able to find another Doctor like him :) that's why I am sticking w him as delivery doctor :)

I thk usually requeue is about 3 to 4 months not very sure about this. But I did only once IVF with Dr THH and it was a success for our first try. Currently I am already 21 weeks pregnant, hope to pass the baby dust to you as well.

He is a good doctor with lots of patience , even during my first trimester I had bleeding and he asked me not to worry and ordered the support jab for me.

Yes I am able to see the screen when he inserted the embryo during my FET. I won't forget how he told me that my beautiful embryo is in my womb after the FET :)

I was having pain during the FET process when the forcep was being used, but he managed to do it quickly to lessen the pain and comfort me that it's gg to be done. I don't thk I'll be able to find another Doctor like him :) that's why I am sticking w him as delivery doctor :)
Thanks Jill for your information. I already decided to change to Dr Tan and also made appt with him. I hope this will be a successful one for me. All the best to your pregnancy too!

Hi ladies

Thank you first

Hi geryln830, where did u did your ivf from?

I find it strange cos i read from the forum here that during et, u should be able to see the embryo being place into your uterus. Why didnt you question your doctor? Who is your doctor? So strange or is it just my thinking.
As this was my first time, I was ask to drink lots of water so that could scan n see the embryo when it is being insert n place in my uterus. But when I went in that was not the case. My full bladder was not taken into consideration. No scan was placed on my tummy. Not sure if it is fine to say the doc name here. But I was quite pissed after I asked some ppl here. Can pm me if you want to know the doc’s name.

Hi all,

I'd be returning red eggs to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang tomorrow (Sat, 9 Sept). Pls go and pick up the eggs.

Havelock road Temple (after 10.30am)
495 Havelock road, s'pore 648349

Shuang Lin Cheng Huan temple (after 11.30am)
184 Jln Toa Payoh, S'pore 319944

I also conceived via IVF and it took me close to 2 yrs, several egg retrieval cycles. My son is now coming 4months. So those on this journey, don't give up. Jia you. Baby dust to all.

Hihi, did you do the red eggs yourself or ask anyone to do it? Congrats to you... I will have to return 200 red eggs too in mid Feb next year. Looking forward to your reply.., :)

Hi ladies...

I don quite understand whether its a good thing or not..cause i they got 9 eggs out of me..and 7 have been fertilized but only 4 became embryos.. Tomorrow they will update the quality to me.. Is this good? Only 4?

Hi ladies...

I don quite understand whether its a good thing or not..cause i they got 9 eggs out of me..and 7 have been fertilized but only 4 became embryos.. Tomorrow they will update the quality to me.. Is this good? Only 4?
hi dun worry too much for now. perhaps e 4 that survived are strong embries.

go relax today as they always says u just need 1 to succeed.

all e best

Hi ladies...

I think it is consider good that you have four embryos. Normally this is the case. For me I also have 4 embryos left after taking out 19eggs.

hi all

can someone brief me on fet process? going to gynae in feb to discuss fet process for my 3 frozen embryos from last successful fresh ivf.
first time on fet.

thanks all!

Hi Jill ;

U succeded during the fresh cycle? Or frozen cycle?

If is frozen , is medicated or natural?

As this was my first time, I was ask to drink lots of water so that could scan n see the embryo when it is being insert n place in my uterus. But when I went in that was not the case. My full bladder was not taken into consideration. No scan was placed on my tummy. Not sure if it is fine to say the doc name here. But I was quite pissed after I asked some ppl here. Can pm me if you want to know the doc’s name.

Hi Gerlyn830
Thank you your reply. I am actually shocked to heard about yr incident. It is best that you change to another doctor. Are u a private patient with kkh?

i notice discomfort was mentioned here regarding ET.

anyone with Prof Wong and had ET with discomfort? what could be the reasons for the discomfort ?

just wish to know more to keep myself mentally prepared :)

Hi Gerlyn830
Thank you your reply. I am actually shocked to heard about yr incident. It is best that you change to another doctor. Are u a private patient with kkh?
Hi Ling Long
Yes I am a private patient anyways so I decided to change my doc. What about you? You done your ivf cycle ? How was it?

Hi Ling Long
Yes I am a private patient anyways so I decided to change my doc. What about you? You done your ivf cycle ? How was it?

I am waiting for my menses in jan to start my first ivf with dr sadhana. Hope everything will be smooth and fine. Sorry to hear about yr incident. Hope u have a better doctor and hope to hear good news from you too.

Hi all
I would like to enquire for costing.
Do we have to pay any cash deposit before ER/ET? Or when everything is over?
Ive used up my medisave 2 cycle for iui. And my upcoming ivf will be considered 3rd.
So im quite worried if we have to pay alot for cash deposit...

Hi all
I would like to enquire for costing.
Do we have to pay any cash deposit before ER/ET? Or when everything is over?
Ive used up my medisave 2 cycle for iui. And my upcoming ivf will be considered 3rd.
So im quite worried if we have to pay alot for cash deposit...

Hi emzz, i am actually not very sure but from my understanding this might be the case (if i am wrong, anyone pls correct me):

If i remember correctly, ivf cost about $11K to $15k. The co funding from government if i remember correctly is $6k, $5k and $4k and for the rest use is $4k until the money of co funding is used up.

Since this is yr 3rf time using so is $4k, medisave (i don't know how much) and the rest by cash. I had used my first co funding for iui and now going for ivf my second time, i estimated for my hard cash, i may need to fork out around $6k max. For u, i estimated to have $7-8K the best.

I based on my understanding and if no additional test requested around these price for kkh. If others, i am not sure. Hope i am correct and help u.

Back