NUH Gynae Cost(Latest) compared to Private hospital.

DaddyAng

Hey everyone, posting on behalf on my wife as she doesnt speak english well.

We went for our first check up at NUH today under private patient as shes a foreigner. The cost of the first visit is 115 + 210(Ultra sound) = 325. Their packages are 850 for 22 weeks and above including 2 ultra sound while the delivery charges for single bed is 4500 with 2100 payable by Medisave.

My friends are telling me that they are paying less than 300 bucks for consultation at TMC and their packages with private clinic gynaes are around 1000 starting from 16 weeks. So my question is, should i continue at NUH when the cost are pretty much the same at private hospitals? Please take into account that i am required to wait in line with the subsidiesd patients even though i made an appointment.

We went for our first check up at NUH today under private patient as shes a foreigner. The cost of the first visit is 115 + 210(Ultra sound) = 325. Their packages are 850 for 22 weeks and above including 2 ultra sound while the delivery charges for single bed is 4500 with 2100 payable by Medisave.

My friends are telling me that they are paying less than 300 bucks for consultation at TMC and their packages with private clinic gynaes are around 1000 starting from 16 weeks. So my question is, should i continue at NUH when the cost are pretty much the same at private hospitals? Please take into account that i am required to wait in line with the subsidiesd patients even though i made an appointment.

Which gynae are you seeing?

As much as I know, subsidized patient and private patient don't see the doctor at the same clinic. I was under NUH subsidized.

I paid 900plus for the package. NUH private. Im seeing my gynae at emerald women clinic. Not sure if subsidised will be same clinic. I believe if under private, the gynae u see is a fixed one. Not sure if subsidised is the same or not but am quite comfortable with nuh

u should look at the bigger picture. ur friends are yelling u 300 bucks for consultation n package of 1k is it recent or afew yrs back.

lets talk about unexpected complication. if u go pte hospital n wan to transfer to govt are u able to pay the hefty deposit? am not saying u cannot afford but why waste it if u start off from govt hospital u can always negotiate with them.

medication wise during birth or pregnancy did u compare the price?

if u are seeing under pte u will not be waiting in line with subsidised patient as they see drs in different clinics too. the only thing inline is the scan n medication collection queue.

I'm also under NUH but subsidized patient, My friend also NUH but private patient. We both are at different clinic and waiting period is depend on the day I guess. Sometime I get in earlier than my appointment time, sometime I get in later than that. Cause everyday is not a fruitful journey for all the Gynae there, some patient might need more checks that make the line waiting longer. But when patient have no issue, the line moving was fast. Sorry to say, Patience is all you need. :)

Ever told my husband off about this too, "If you can't be patience and wait, you can simply go off. I can wait and see Gynae myself. Don't be a human if you can't wait! If now you are not patience enough to wait, what about when you have a child, their tantrums, their stubborn, their activeness. Then you want to keep on yelling at them? Then you don't deserve to be a parent." then my husband shut up.

This is not to be rude Sir, but the truth.. Learn to be patience and google around and survey. If not sure, you can freely enquire the counter staff or even Gynae. You need to check out with the hospital you are comfortable now sir, your friend might have previous bills, but not now. No harm checking out with the hospital :)

Sorry if my words hurting..

Daddy Ang

You mentioned that you had to wait in line with the subsidised patients. Did you get a referral from the polyclinic and thus was referred to the subsidised clinic at NUH? As your wife isn't a Singapore Resident i.e. Singaporean or PR, it really doesn't matter if she is seen at the private clinic or subsidised clinic as at both clinics she will still be billed under 'Foreigner'. My personal experience at these 2 clinics - the private clinic is way much more comfortable and pleasant. You may want to consider this option,

As for going to the private hospitals, I believe that it will cost much more as a foreigner. Deposit will be more as well.

I have been a private and subisidised patient with NUH. I have also been a private patient with Mt E.
As a private patient, i see the same gyn in all my visits, there are times i spent the whole morning waiting for my doctor, even though i always get the first available appointment. The max wait i had is almost 4 hours, (waited more than once). There is always some sort of emergency delivery. When baby comes, she has to go for delivery. If you want to choose ur doctor than you have to be patient.
As a subsidized patient, the wait is long, but not as crazy. Maybe an hour or so. You dont get to choose your gyn, the gyn you will is on rotation, so it always random. So far have not encountered any delivery yet, thankful.

i am a private patient with NUH when i am having my #1., 3 years ago. My gynae was Doc Chua Tsei Meng and i always see her at Jurong Clinic instead of NUH thus my waiting time is roughly around 15-30min every time. The nurses and midwives at the delivery ward were very nice and supportive. I had a good stay there.

This time round for #2, i am with NUH high risk subsided clinic due to my medical condition. Waiting time is relatively short for me at Clinic G also, maybe 30mins max maybe becoz I am with the high risk docs. I think waiting time is a bit longer for normal sub patients.

The only time i go to the private clinic as a sub patient was when i am doing a detail scans.

Back