IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Oh and I must add on... I've read online that some women felt painful during IUI, but I've never felt painful. I believe Dr Chew is quite skillful, I could barely feel a thing.

Oh and I must add on... I've read online that some women felt painful during IUI, but I've never felt painful. I believe Dr Chew is quite skillful, I could barely feel a thing.

thanks so much for the review, now I feel very at ease and less worried. yes I am glad to know he is skilful. I hope can deduct some medisave or subsidy around this 2.4k estimated. hehe.. good luck to you also!

Hello, i have conceived twice via ivf under Prof Wong and given birth to my 2nd baby. I will be returning 400 red eggs to toa payoh shuang lin temple on 4 September ard 1 pm. Please collect and hope you will be blessed.

Hello everyone

For ER;
When prof can decide its time to go ER ?
Any specific follicle size ?

I am under prof pc wong - nuh
If ER date has confirm; what is the preparatiin need to be done ... can anyone share . Thankss :)

Just want to find out if anyone has done ivf both at kkh and nuh before?
1) how is the stimming, ER, ET, sperm collection, 2WW support different from KKH?

particularly for sperm collection is it possible for husband to collect at home and bring to hospital?

Just want to find out if anyone has done ivf both at kkh and nuh before?
1) how is the stimming, ER, ET, sperm collection, 2WW support different from KKH?

particularly for sperm collection is it possible for husband to collect at home and bring to hospital?

I am taking ivf at Nuh with Prof PC wong
Just done ER on last thursday

Sperm collection is done at NUh lab andrology 30 mins before i admitted to Ward. Then 2 hrs later the Ops for ER is started.

The nurse told me better to do at lab - so it will be fresh and can be submitted directly.. it will reduce contamination also

I am taking ivf at Nuh with Prof PC wong
Just done ER on last thursday

Sperm collection is done at NUh lab andrology 30 mins before i admitted to Ward. Then 2 hrs later the Ops for ER is started.

The nurse told me better to do at lab - so it will be fresh and can be submitted directly.. it will reduce contamination also
Hi brysonmum, thanks for replying.

(1) for the monitoring during stims is it all done by the doctor? cos at KKH its done by the sonographers, the doc only review the sonographer reports?

(2) another thing i read is about NUH is that for ET husbands are not allowed to go in? only the wife is in the room for ET?
(3) do we get a chance to talk to the embryologist on the quality of the eggs? at KKH we only get to see the embryologist one time during ET and then to get our report to see if we have anything for frozen?

sorry for asking so many questions as this will be my final subsidised fresh (failed twice fresh at KKH already)

Hi brysonmum, thanks for replying.

(1) for the monitoring during stims is it all done by the doctor? cos at KKH its done by the sonographers, the doc only review the sonographer reports?

(2) another thing i read is about NUH is that for ET husbands are not allowed to go in? only the wife is in the room for ET?
(3) do we get a chance to talk to the embryologist on the quality of the eggs? at KKH we only get to see the embryologist one time during ET and then to get our report to see if we have anything for frozen?

sorry for asking so many questions as this will be my final subsidised fresh (failed twice fresh at KKH already)

Hi solitairebride

1. During stimulation scan is done by Prof.
Prof will tell me when to come for next scan.
After each scan then go to CHR - clinic human reproduction to take blood test and collect the medicine. Long waiting to see prof is something expected maybe about 45 mins (depend on ppl to see him on that day) and see him less than 10 mins and similar to CHR, they are very busy lots of patient so waiting for 1.5 hrs is normal here.
If i see the trend is monday and friday is very longggg waiting hours

2. During ER and ET
hubby can accomapny in the ward, he still can sit at the ward during my operation time. But if boring , he can go out and wait at the waiting area watch Tv hehe but i ask hubby to still sit and there wait for me out from surgery as he need to watch out my bag and other belonging hehe

3. After ER
Embriologist will call you every day to update the embryo growth. You can ask them via phone like how good is the embryo ? How many cell is it etc

I see that this thread has been inactive. This will be my third round doing ivf. My first is at kkivf and second at private clinic and now i decided to switch to NUH. My appointment with professor pc wong is on the 23 Nov. Hopefully he can creates miracle.

My appointment with prof PC Wong is on 25/Nov,. It will be our first appoint regarding IVF, both of us is 40 y.o. I am worried that
this will be the first or second day of menses and the doc can't do ultrasonic.

My appointment with prof PC Wong is on 25/Nov,. It will be our first appoint regarding IVF, both of us is 40 y.o. I am worried that
this will be the first or second day of menses and the doc can't do ultrasonic.

Actually prof will need to do an ultrasound for u usually on day 2 of your period. He will check how many antral follicles you have this cycle.

But if it's your first appt with him, I think you may not start your IVF meds this cycle. Maybe he will start you on BCP around day 18 of your period, and then start ivf meds at the immediate cycle that follows.

I just did ivf with him in couple of months back and am now 10 weeks along. I hope you will get your BFP soon :) all the best.

Hi, PlanStork
thank you for info:) I am thinking to start IVF next year March.
did you do any additional test with the prof? I mean hysteroscopy or something else. I worried if I have polyps or endometriosis and don't know about it..

happy for you, congratulations!! :)

Hi, PlanStork
thank you for info:) I am thinking to start IVF next year March.
did you do any additional test with the prof? I mean hysteroscopy or something else. I worried if I have polyps or endometriosis and don't know about it..

happy for you, congratulations!! :)

Thank you :) the journey was tedious so you need a supportive Husband. Prof Wong and his Nurses Sharon and Alice are wonderful. Nurses Christine and Linda at CHR are also very encouraging. It's a great team to count on.

I did HSG to check for blocked tubes, and blood test to check some hormone levels I think on day 2 of period. I believe that's all.

PlanStork,
May I ask you, why you could not conceive naturally? some particular problem or just it didn't happen and you guys decided do not wait anymore..

We found out we have male factor with morphology and motility. Did 3 iui before moving onto ivf.
seems we have the same problem. morphology 0%, but motility is good, count also good. I think that's why I can't get preg, bcz ovulate every month, my amh is 3.5. I decided not to wait for a miracle, we're 40 y.o.
yours morphology was also so bad?

seems we have the same problem. morphology 0%, but motility is good, count also good. I think that's why I can't get preg, bcz ovulate every month, my amh is 3.5. I decided not to wait for a miracle, we're 40 y.o.
yours morphology was also so bad?
I think morphology was 1
Icsi will help pick up the most handsome sperm in this case :) all the best!

I see that this thread has been inactive. This will be my third round doing ivf. My first is at kkivf and second at private clinic and now i decided to switch to NUH. My appointment with professor pc wong is on the 23 Nov. Hopefully he can creates miracle.
hi we are also waiting for third round of ivf this nov/dec after failed 2x in kkh, switch to nuh, pinning our last hope on PC wong, let's accompany each other this cycle and pray really hard!!!

Hi ladies , just a randomn question as I am doing my IVF soon with NUH,now im still consuming Nor-E until the 10th.. And stimulation wony start until 5th day which is on the 15th Dec after i stop Nor-E.. Just wondering what if my menses start earlier than 5th day..before stimulation.. I will only collect jabs on the 14th Dec.. Does stim requires to start on a certain day of menses or anytime?

Last edited:
I've 5 sticks of crinone gel and 2 weeks supply of duphaston to give away. Self pick up only. Anyone keen? Dispensed in Nov and kept in fridge but i didn't use them cos I was feeling too sick from the MS. Seen doctor today and don't need to take them anymore.

Wishing all IVF moms all the best in getting your bfp soon :)

Hi ladies , just a randomn question as I am doing my IVF soon with NUH,now im still consuming Nor-E until the 10th.. And stimulation wony start until 5th day which is on the 15th Dec after i stop Nor-E.. Just wondering what if my menses start earlier than 5th day..before stimulation.. I will only collect jabs on the 14th Dec.. Does stim requires to start on a certain day of menses or anytime?

HI AdoresLyfeAsItIs,
I don't think it will start earlier. i went through twice & it did not come earlier. But u can always cal CHR @ NUH to confirm. I am in my 2ww now. 18 Dec will be my test date. anything can just ask & if i know i will be willing to help.

HI AdoresLyfeAsItIs,
I don't think it will start earlier. i went through twice & it did not come earlier. But u can always cal CHR @ NUH to confirm. I am in my 2ww now. 18 Dec will be my test date. anything can just ask & if i know i will be willing to help.
Hi how is it :)!! Good news?

Anyway,does anyone know, if while on stim.. Is it okay to eat raw foods like sushi..like eat anything u like before ER and ET..

im still waiting... excited too.. my only worry is how to kerp it for 9 mths as i miscarriage once.

that raw food. i suggest better not as quality of the egg is impt.

im still waiting... excited too.. my only worry is how to kerp it for 9 mths as i miscarriage once.

Hi how is it :)!! Good news?

Anyway,does anyone know, if while on stim.. Is it okay to eat raw foods like sushi..like eat anything u like before ER and ET..

thank u! i hope so too.. u are at those injections for egg retrival?
Please do update ya! Hoping for good news!!

Yes..im starting today..but its only for 4 days first.. Then another few days more with 2 injections??...abit nervous ..but we are all going through the same process.. So yea just gonna go for it..

Please do update ya! Hoping for good news!!

Yes..im starting today..but its only for 4 days first.. Then another few days more with 2 injections??...abit nervous ..but we are all going through the same process.. So yea just gonna go for it..

yup i went through the same process... i capture all the injections n medication.. if u are interested i can share with u.

Returning Red Eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file)

Dear all, I’m an ivf mummy who thankfully succeed in my first fresh Ivf in feb done in sgh with dr Yu suling. I’ve delivered my first born, baby boy on 25th nov and am returning red eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file) tomorrow (25th dec) morning - his full month. If you are interested in collecting the red eggs, you can drop by the temples after 11am. Baby dust to all here!Anf a Merry Christmas to all too! :)

Attachments

• 93030ABC-9B59-4A8E-A800-A097795F1E91.jpeg
    93030ABC-9B59-4A8E-A800-A097795F1E91.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 178
Returning Red Eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file)

Dear all, I’m an ivf mummy who thankfully succeed in my first fresh Ivf in feb done in sgh with dr Yu suling. I’ve delivered my first born, baby boy on 25th nov and am returning red eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file) tomorrow (25th dec) morning - his full month. If you are interested in collecting the red eggs, you can drop by the temples after 11am. Baby dust to all here!Anf a Merry Christmas to all too! :)

Attachments

• 764E7BEC-3FD5-4F19-AEB2-A89A8ABF75A3.jpeg
    764E7BEC-3FD5-4F19-AEB2-A89A8ABF75A3.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 237
Hi ladies...

I just did ER yesterday but I don quite understand whether its a good thing or not..cause i they got 9 eggs out of me..and 7 have been fertilized but only 4 became embryos.. Tomorrow they will update the quality to me.. Is this good? Only 4?

Hi ladies...

I just did ER yesterday but I don quite understand whether its a good thing or not..cause i they got 9 eggs out of me..and 7 have been fertilized but only 4 became embryos.. Tomorrow they will update the quality to me.. Is this good? Only 4?
Hi i would like to enquire for nuh do we have to settle the cash deposit before ER or after everything is over?

hi...i read about discomfort during ET. anyone has discomfort when doing ET with prof wong ? what would be the cause ? i just want to have myself prepared :)

My first ivf is at kk, second at private and this time the third at NUH and hopefully the last. I will start my injection on 26/1

did 3 iui with dr chew but still failed... so we will finally move on this year

the nurses at chr are nice and friendly but just take note that dr chew is a man of few words so unless u have questions else the consulations and all are pretty much chop chop imo

Last edited:
hi...i am creating a chat group for secondary infertility issues and thus going for ivf/icsi.

meaning those who already have child / children but have problem conceiving again.

pm me if keen <3

Back