Reviews about Dr Irene Chua

shopaholic.sg

Hi, am new to this forum.. now into my 6 weeks and have yet to confirm my gynae. Wondering if anyone has gone with Dr Irene Chua and can share your experience with me.. What are her charges like compared to other gynaes?

Dr Chua is nice for smooth pregnancies. But she's very expensive esp as I was having cyst earlier and bleeding etc etc.. She req to see me basically every week. So I switched to a high risk obgyn at nuh.

I'm seeing her now for my 2nd pregnancy and she delivered my 1st born 2 years back. I'm quite happy and comfortable with her ...assuring, cautious and waiting time for appt is also reasonable...Most importantly for my 1st pregnancy i recoverd really quickly (I can get off the bed and shower the next day) haha despite delivering a 3.7kg baby naturally. Thumbs up for her stitching is skill. Her consultation fees is a bit on the high side. u can call up her clinic to enquire :)

I'm seeing her currently and yes i agree her fees is on the high side. But from words of friends alot say her stitching is good. I feel very comfortable with her on my every visit. :)

Hi littlepurple,

Dr Chua is based at Gleneagles as she started her own practice at Irene Chua clinic for women. You can call 6479 3233 to make an appointment. First consultation is about $150 and ultrasounds costs around $60 (slightly steeper). I'm at 14 weeks and heard she offers packages from week 20 at around $1.1k (you can confirm with the nurses). She delivers at glenE/ Mount E and Mount A. She is personally recommended by a few of my other doctor friends. I agree with other mummies that she is nice and has no airs about herself even though she used to be some big shot at KKH and has many accolades under her name.

she delivered my #1 at kkh. good stitching. I can walk next day.
didn't continue for my #2 as find her quite ex. and I stay east side. glenE is abit far

Ya.. She started her own private practice and charges abit steep.. Its our first baby and we wanted a female gynae hence sought our doctor friend's recommendation :) average paid about $200 for scans and consultation and some simple medicine like antacid. (I have bad indigestion)

Hi Twirlycandy, you mean her consultations excludes scans? meaning if want to see how baby develops, she charges separately?

Hi yvet,

Sorry for the confusion. Her consultations are coupled with scans (she will definitely scan you for every visit and do so with alot of enthusiasm and assurance) but the charges for scans is separate from that of consultation fees. HTH! But i am only 14 weeks. Hence have not been offered the package. Her package should include scans and consultations. Yes, shes alittle steep.

Thanks Twirlycandy! wow...means an average of $150-$200 per visit! gosh! I had my #1 with her when she is with KKH, and really like her, so thot to continue with her.

Yvet, yes! Pricey! But we liked her too and apparently many doctor-patients swear by her so we are sticking to her for now. You can call to book an appointment if you have decided: 6479 3233

hahaha..i have actually booked an appt with her liao...but i didnt know that the scans are charged separately! well, as i am with her for my #1, me too agreed that she is good! tts y i thot to stick with her. :)

I had my first child with her in 2013 and I didn't have a good experience. Rather afraid of natural birth right now (expecting my second baby now)
To cut the story short, she wasn't there most of the time during my delivery and even when my baby's head was right at the brim, midwife couldn't locate her and I got so scared that I passed out. Only to wake up and saw her in t-shirt and wet hair stitching me and baby was already on the crib. (Suspected she went for a shower!)
I asked for an explanation the next day and she told me she didn't expect me to push out the baby so soon?!?!
Really disappointed considering the amount of $$ I have spent vs trauma I had.

I'm sad to say that the worst part about my birth was Dr. Irene Chua. What she presents is NOT what you get. Read the negative reviews. You'll see a common thread....

Back