Wife proven adultery yet fighting for flat. Help!

Serendipity99

Hi all, I don't want to talk to my friends about this but I do need help especially from people who have similar experience.

We use to be very loving until the appearance of this other guy, they met as a frequent hitch rides to and from work. I came to realise last week that my wife has been sleeping with him, and even bringing him to our house when I had to visit a sick relative in Hong Kong for several months.

We have been married together for less than two years now, no kids, I am considering a divorce as I cannot tolerate such shit. She has the cheek to fight for the flat. But I want the entire flat, as she doesn't deserve a square inch of it. What are my options and what should I do. Please help.

Hi all, I don't want to talk to my friends about this but I do need help especially from people who have similar experience.

We use to be very loving until the appearance of this other guy, they met as a frequent hitch rides to and from work. I came to realise last week that my wife has been sleeping with him, and even bringing him to our house when I had to visit a sick relative in Hong Kong for several months.

We have been married together for less than two years now, no kids, I am considering a divorce as I cannot tolerate such shit. She has the cheek to fight for the flat. But I want the entire flat, as she doesn't deserve a square inch of it. What are my options and what should I do. Please help.

If she does not know, it is time you put up a spycam at home. At least that assure you that if you were to get this issue up to the court, you have a very high chance of winning the case.

Division of matrimonial assets is based on a no fault policy. Going contested is a sure lose lose case.
Stay rational. Life is short

To fight for the flat, u hv to check whether u are eligible to take over n whether u able to get the loan to service the monthly installment

I am in the same situation
Husband has an affair and goes to her place everyday and insisted on me selling the flat to him

Sorry to hear , consolation that you found out before you had kids and at a early stage of your marriage .
Woman are protected by the woman charter act in singapore , fault and matrimonial asset are 2 different issues , the manner of your ownership of your flat , common tenancy or tenancy in common , 50/50 or different percentage , if you both want to challenge , lawyer fees easily more than $10k each , you may have a consultation with a lawyer for 1 hour , pay $300 approx . and take it from there , FYI , you can also represent yourself in future if need be .

I am in the same situation
Husband has an affair and goes to her place everyday and insisted on me selling the flat to him

If you want to sell, make sure you sell at the a higher price than pv otherwise torment him. Meanwhile, collect evidence on adultery. Good luck

Back