Guilty at delivering at 36 Weeks

ayeo7081

Hi all, I delivered my baby via emergency c-section at 36 Weeks due to bleeding from placenta previa.
Baby was in NICU for 6 days and I have been guilty ever since. I have not been able to forgive myself.
Anyone has a similar experience and willing to share?

Hi all, I delivered my baby via emergency c-section at 36 Weeks due to bleeding from placenta previa.
Baby was in NICU for 6 days and I have been guilty ever since. I have not been able to forgive myself.

Mummy, that guilt is your post-natal depression talking. I had the same guilt when I gave birth via Csect cos baby was in distress. I was having post-natal depression and was crying many times daily for a few weeks. Remember, whatever happens, happens for a reason. And you are not to be blamed. There's nothing you can do to prevent placenta previa and this is all predestined. I hope your baby is fine now. But whatever it is, please don't blame yourself. A mummy will always feel she could do better for her baby and will beat herself up day and night for not doing better but in actual fact, you have carried your baby for 36 weeks and would definitely carry your baby for 360 weeks even if you had a choice. So don't beat yourself up. Embrace being a mummy and enjoy spending time with your little sweetheart. They do grow very fast. :-( And oooh.. don't listen to people who have too many opinions about what is right and what is wrong. Just go with whatever YOU think is best. Every mummy will definitively do their best for their baby. *big hugs from one mummy to another*

Hi mummy, yes, don feel guilty, that is out of your control.. I believe you have given whatever you can including your love to your baby in the 36weeks.. ❤️❤️

I give birth my son earlier too due to insufficient of water.. have to c-sec the next day.. my son is small size due to come out earlier but he is growing well..

My colleague give birth her gal and her gal was 1kg plus only but her gal is veey healthy and she is in P2 now!

So not to worry.. and pray that you baby is well now

You must rest well so that can take good care of you baby

Last edited:
Mummy, that guilt is your post-natal depression talking. I had the same guilt when I gave birth via Csect cos baby was in distress. I was having post-natal depression and was crying many times daily for a few weeks. Remember, whatever happens, happens for a reason. And you are not to be blamed. There's nothing you can do to prevent placenta previa and this is all predestined. I hope your baby is fine now. But whatever it is, please don't blame yourself. A mummy will always feel she could do better for her baby and will beat herself up day and night for not doing better but in actual fact, you have carried your baby for 36 weeks and would definitely carry your baby for 360 weeks even if you had a choice. So don't beat yourself up. Embrace being a mummy and enjoy spending time with your little sweetheart. They do grow very fast. :-( And oooh.. don't listen to people who have too many opinions about what is right and what is wrong. Just go with whatever YOU think is best. Every mummy will definitively do their best for their baby. *big hugs from one mummy to another*

Hi Mummy, thank you for your encouragement and advice. I guess I just need time. I cried many times every single day he was in the NICU when I came home from the hospital. Now my baby is home and is doing well. *Hugs*

Hi mummy, yes, don feel guilty, that is out of your control.. I believe you have given whatever you can including your love to your baby in the 36weeks..

I give birth my son earlier too due to insufficient of water.. have to c-sec the next day.. my son is small size due to come out earlier but he is growing well..

My colleague give birth her gal and her gal was 1kg plus only but her gal is veey healthy and she is in P2 now!

So not to worry.. and pray that you baby is well now

You must rest well so that can take good care of you baby

Hi Mummy, thank you for your kinda words =) I am trying my best to rest well so that I can take good care of my baby.

Actually there's nothing to feel guilty about. Baby is almost full term and most importantly, baby is out safe and sound. I also delivered at 36 weeks after a huge bleeding due to placenta detachment. I was v glad baby was okay and that's most important.

Do take care and enjoy the time with baby!

Actually there's nothing to feel guilty about. Baby is almost full term and most importantly, baby is out safe and sound. I also delivered at 36 weeks after a huge bleeding due to placenta detachment. I was v glad baby was okay and that's most important.

Do take care and enjoy the time with baby!

Hi Mummy, yeah I know but the main thing that I feel guilty about is him being in NICU. So I thought to myself if only I was able to hold him in my womb a little longer, he probably won’t be in NICU at all. Seeing my baby boy in breathing tubes was the hardest thing to watch. I felt helpless and couldn’t do anything.

Glad to know your baby is doing well now. Take care too Mummy! =)

To TS, you do not have to feel guilty. Most importantly your kid is healthy which is the main concern. To most guys, they will feel grateful and thankful when they are there for you when you are having the baby. No man is stronger than a woman.

Back