April 2018 Mummies

Any mummies having discharge at nipples ? I have tinge of white creamy discharge, very little.. I googled and it shows that body preparing for breastfeeding but normally in the last trimester or 5-6mths... but I’m only in my 16th week :/

me! dont worry..experienced the same frm previous pregnancies too.

Felt baby move at week 15, currently week 18 no strong kick yet just movement :)

Im currently 19 weeks but have not felt any strong kicks yet. For movement I cant differentiate between baby's movement and my own tummy churning. I still suffer from gas all the time!

How do you know its really baby moving??

Im currently 19 weeks but have not felt any strong kicks yet. For movement I cant differentiate between baby's movement and my own tummy churning. I still suffer from gas all the time!

It's like fluttering, sometimes like popcorn popping feel. Especially can feel when wearing body hugging outfit throughout the day. At times, usually can feel when sitting/ standing still.

Hi5!!! I have the same issue.. I hv sooo much gas in my tummy tt I can’t differentiate.. suffered fr hard bloated tummy & bad burping non-stop..

BUT today, surprise, I felt like she was gliding one of her limbs across my lower front tummy.. I don’t suppose a string of gas glide down this way hor? Hahahaha

Hi to-be-mums delivering in Apr 2018

Would like to recommend my confinement nanny who took excellent care of my preterm twin boys and family too. She's fully booked now (Nov 2017) till Aug 2018, but available for April 2018 and Sep 2018 onwards. Can contact her directly, she's a godsend and a wealth of experience!

桦姐(hua2jie3) from Johor, Malaysia
mobile:+65 8246 5189

She cooked 3 meals daily for whoever will be around at home, including my parents and hubby. This includes a hot breakfast e.g. fish bee hoon soup, lunch and dinner with 3 - 5 dishes according to my mum's preferences. She helped advise me on breastfeeding, shared tips and was basically very considerate in thinking for you and setting/preparing things up for your comfort. This 'customer-oriented' mindset is so thoughtful i find myself practically sitting down and reaching a hand for the bath, breastfeeding cover cloth, milk bottles/nipple shield in steriliser, diaper cream/lotion/oil positioned ready right after baby's bath. Best thing is she's not pushy or naggy when you prefer to do things your way and gives advice when you ask. Hope your post natal care goes smoothly too! :)

I am at 16weeks + now and my nausea has yet to subside and sometimes will still vomit a little. Still poor appettie. :(
Im at 17.. still vomit at times esp if i have certain food. But i always have guava (pink) to help me with the nausea. Maybe cos it removes air from my stomach, and eat realll slowwwww

Im at 17.. still vomit at times esp if i have certain food. But i always have guava (pink) to help me with the nausea. Maybe cos it removes air from my stomach, and eat realll slowwwww

i am worried that baby not putting weight coz I don’t have appettie. I only eat 3meals a day and usually will hv left overs. And yes certain good can still make me vomit lor. Next appt is FA scan and still 3weeks away. I think I didnt gain any weight... what abt u?

i am worried that baby not putting weight coz I don’t have appettie. I only eat 3meals a day and usually will hv left overs. And yes certain good can still make me vomit lor. Next appt is FA scan and still 3weeks away. I think I didnt gain any weight... what abt u?
Ive gain only 1.5kg since pregnant. Haha... dont worry abt the left overs... i cant finish a plate of noodles even when i ordered for less noodles. But i do take fruits (guava n blueberries only) 2x a day between meals as snacks (like potato chips) n milk/milo at night if i feel hungry. All the portions are small.

Oh and previously when i was vomitting n no appetite, i stopped all supplements (i think i shd not have). When my gynae learn abt tt, he swap these pills with all in one supplements. So even if im vomitting, i still can force one pill down b the baby is still getting the necessary nutrients (i guess... my way of comforting myself)

Ive gain only 1.5kg since pregnant. Haha... dont worry abt the left overs... i cant finish a plate of noodles even when i ordered for less noodles. But i do take fruits (guava n blueberries only) 2x a day between meals as snacks (like potato chips) n milk/milo at night if i feel hungry. All the portions are small.

Oh and previously when i was vomitting n no appetite, i stopped all supplements (i think i shd not have). When my gynae learn abt tt, he swap these pills with all in one supplements. So even if im vomitting, i still can force one pill down b the baby is still getting the necessary nutrients (i guess... my way of comforting myself)

Ok u r one week ahead of me and got gain 1.5kg still good. the last appt at 14weeks i weighed the same lor. Then i keep emphasize to my gynae tat my weight still the same leh and no appettie blah blah.. how huh. Lol.. then he told me tat my baby is growing so not to worry.. next appt 3weeks later hope to gain some weight lor. Moreover i am small built. So i worried. Haha. I am taking my multivitamin one pill only and one DHA fish oil every morning. Ya i take milo everyday.. :)

Ok u r one week ahead of me and got gain 1.5kg still good. the last appt at 14weeks i weighed the same lor. Then i keep emphasize to my gynae tat my weight still the same leh and no appettie blah blah.. how huh. Lol.. then he told me tat my baby is growing so not to worry.. next appt 3weeks later hope to gain some weight lor. Moreover i am small built. So i worried. Haha. I am taking my multivitamin one pill only and one DHA fish oil every morning. Ya i take milo everyday.. :)
i gained that 1.5kg over a week (got a shocked too! Tot im going to gain 1.5kg every week) Haha not sure why, but luckily it stopped.

dont worry. Mummy to be should be happy. Thats very important too.

i gained that 1.5kg over a week (got a shocked too! Tot im going to gain 1.5kg every week) Haha not sure why, but luckily it stopped.

dont worry. Mummy to be should be happy. Thats very important too.

Omg so sudden increase ah.. ..haha
Ok now i m goin to make a cup of hot milo to drink liao. Haha

Hi, anyone feels bloated especially from evening to sleep time. I always feel bloated from 3pm, feels like my belly very stretched and uncomfortable. Am at week 19, not sure if this is normal? I don’t think I am eating too much, gained 2kg though

hi Mummies, any of you here been on bed rest before as adviced by your gynea? what is the reason? my BP reading has been high the past 2 months and im at 18weeks now... i read online high BP is not good for the baby while pregnant. any advice?

Hi Mummies,

Anyone experience vaginal infection and start having having light/little spotting?

20 weeks now. Having infection and start having little pinkish blood stain.

Hi Mummi,
I am 21 week and haven feel any baby kick yet is that normal? As i a first time mummi.
Also will like to check which hospital is better for delivery? 1) Mount Alvernia, 2) Mount Elizabeth, 3) Thomson Medical centre.
What type of stroller and baby bed is good?
Does philips avent sets a must to buy or can just buy the baby bottle only?

Hi Mummi,
I am 21 week and haven feel any baby kick yet is that normal? As i a first time mummi.
Also will like to check which hospital is better for delivery? 1) Mount Alvernia, 2) Mount Elizabeth, 3) Thomson Medical centre.
What type of stroller and baby bed is good?
Does philips avent sets a must to buy or can just buy the baby bottle only?

I’m also a first time mommy in my 21 weeks now - Nice to meet you! I did ask my gyane abt the baby kicking. He said that it would usually happen after 30 weeks onwards... So don’t worry.

But recently, I felt a discomfort at my vaginal area. And I felt a piece of skin (felt like the labia) is protuding out & itchy some times. Did you experience such things too? I’m still monitoring the situation now before deciding to make an appt with my gynae. But at the same time felt anxious & worried.

I’m planning to deliver at Mt Alvernia. Heard from my friends that the nurses there are very understanding & willing to share baby care & breastfeeding tips sincerely.

For baby stuffs, we’ve not really thought on a specific brand to buy though we have listed down the items to get.

I’m also a first time mommy in my 21 weeks now - Nice to meet you! I did ask my gyane abt the baby kicking. He said that it would usually happen after 30 weeks onwards... So don’t worry.

But recently, I felt a discomfort at my vaginal area. And I felt a piece of skin (felt like the labia) is protuding out & itchy some times. Did you experience such things too? I’m still monitoring the situation now before deciding to make an appt with my gynae. But at the same time felt anxious & worried.

I’m planning to deliver at Mt Alvernia. Heard from my friends that the nurses there are very understanding & willing to share baby care & breastfeeding tips sincerely.

For baby stuffs, we’ve not really thought on a specific brand to buy though we have listed down the items to get.

Hi Nice to meet you too.
Currently i never feel any discomfort so couldn't give you any answer.
Thank for replying me :)

Hi,

I'm a 51 years old Chinese Lady who has a 7 years old grand daughter who will be in student care during the day and I will be taking care an infant from 18 Dec onwards.

I have bandwith to take care of toddlers and primary-school age (Ranging from 2 years old - 7 years old), providing them with a loving and caring atmosphere.

*Our family enjoys working with children!*

We're a Chinese family, staying at Sengkang, Rivervale Walk (Kangkar lrt), pls whatsapp me @ 92306635 for further discussion.

Any mummies know whether pregnant women can eat creamy chicken pasta from pastamania? Not sure what is the creamy sauce made of.. :)

Hi all, april 2018 mummy reporting! Would like to join the whatsapp group, can someone add me? Will PM you my number :)

Im at 23.5 weeks now. Can feel peanut moving all the time throughout the day, esp midnight or as Im falling asleep. I think he is a night owl.

I noticed a strange itchy red patch under my right bust. Not sure is it hormonal or just from abrasion. Are mild steroid creams safe to apply? I did apply a thin layer today as its getting itchy and unbearable.

Any mummy have the same problem?

Hi, I wanted to share a good reviews to others mom to be here of my greatest CL, Aunty Nee who is from Malaysia with 2 years professional experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. You don't have to worry about if you engaged her. Trust me, you won't regret and I guarantee you will be thankful for engaging such a great CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.

She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She has a very great experience of taking care of babies. As I can see from the way she handles the needs of my baby. She shows genuine care for my baby, very patience and gently handling my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she ensures safety of baby all the time. She's also hygiene-conscious, kept tidy always. She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.

By the way, her cooking was pretty good.

I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month.

If any Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.

Any mummies know whether pregnant women can eat creamy chicken pasta from pastamania? Not sure what is the creamy sauce made of.. :)

I think as long as it is not raw and fully cooked is still ok. Many ppl told me to avoid mutton for meat so far.

Any mummy not hiring confinement nanny, just hubby helping out during confinement period?

Think it’ll be tough if your hubby is working too. Cos mummy needs adequate rest for the initial weeks and postpartum blues can be scary if not enough sleep and can get stressed easily.
It will be a blessing if your mum or confinement nanny helps you out during the 1st month period.

hi, just to check after delivery at mount elizabeth novena what are the free gift? example for mount alvenia they give
Bath tub, disposable wipes and Huggies newborn diapers.Breastfeeding cover, a swaddle, toiletries, a diaper bag (with matching changing pad and thermal pack to keep bottles warm.
Another question is for delivery suite at mount elizabeth, mount alvenia and thomson medical. just curious why some people so particular about the delivery suite mind sharing?

Think it’ll be tough if your hubby is working too. Cos mummy needs adequate rest for the initial weeks and postpartum blues can be scary if not enough sleep and can get stressed easily.
It will be a blessing if your mum or confinement nanny helps you out during the 1st month period.

This might sound like a silly question but do you bottle feed (breast milk) at night so that mummy can get enough rest? But then will the supply reduce in the longer term? Just confused

@storm.before.the.rainbow, I was also vexed for the first pregnancy too. I tried to latch during the day and pump into bottle at night. Usually, I will wake up to pump around 1am in the night. It’s pretty tiring actually. But I want to make sure my bb gets fresh bm. For me, when I tried to pump less, it will be reduced.

I think as long as it is not raw and fully cooked is still ok. Many ppl told me to avoid mutton for meat so far.

thanks for your reply. anyway tat day already went ahead to eat liao. I checked with them whether they put any cheese, they said no. haha but I find that I don't like to eat creamy sauce now.:p

I’ve been having headaches for the last 3 days...it has been a dull pain and I’ve tried most remedies. I’ve also taken 1 dose of Panadol yesterday but didn’t help either. So helpless at this point

Back