November 17 IVF

Lecia

Anyone gg for ivf in November slot?

Just had my final consultation with Dr Jessie Poon (KKH) and its confirmed we will go for IVF in November. The nurse will be calling me around Oct to go for counseling and briefing.

Lets share our journey and emotions
And BABY DUSTS TO ALL!

Just had my final consultation with Dr Jessie Poon (KKH) and its confirmed we will go for IVF in November. The nurse will be calling me around Oct to go for counseling and briefing.

And BABY DUSTS TO ALL!
Good luck to you dear! I should be starting round 4 on Nov, taking 3 months break after my IVF fresh cycle ended in chemical pregnancy.. will be doing round 4 when I return from my long holiday mid Nov... we should be Nov cycle buddies.

Decided to switch to private clinic & be meeting my new Dr within 2 weeks once i get all my past medical record from NUH..

All the best to you dear!

Good luck to you dear! I should be starting round 4 on Nov, taking 3 months break after my IVF fresh cycle ended in chemical pregnancy.. will be doing round 4 when I return from my long holiday mid Nov... we should be Nov cycle buddies.

Decided to switch to private clinic & be meeting my new Dr within 2 weeks once i get all my past medical record from NUH..

All the best to you dear!

Hi Hellokittygirl,

Which pte dr u will be going?
I intend to switch to pte only after bfp

Im quite excited at the same time anxious about all the injections and ER.

Dr Jessie Phoon suggest i try 5days if there are many eggs.

how bout urs?

Hi Hellokittygirl,

Which pte dr u will be going?
I intend to switch to pte only after bfp

Im quite excited at the same time anxious about all the injections and ER.

Dr Jessie Phoon suggest i try 5days if there are many eggs.

how bout urs?
I decided on Virtus & Dr Roland Chieng since its going to be 100% from pocket and probably a change would be good.. Afterall, i had been with NUH since Jan'16, done 4 rounds of IUI & 3 round of IVF (2 fresh transfers since 2nd IVF have no mature egg) so time for me to move to another clinic.

Im sure you will be anxious, just like me when i did my 1st round.. Especially im extremely scared of needles but now im used to the injection, bloodwork but i still rely on my hubby & my colleague to do the injection for me.. hehe

Some tips, use ice to numb your tummy & take a deep breath when the needles goes in & somehow it doesnt feel as painful. And sometimes i even sing to distract myself.. haha

For me, i have low egg reserve so i only have 2-3 eggs in my previous 3 cycles so i dont even have any frozen embryos. Thankfully my fertilisation is 100%(ICSI) so i still have 2 embryos to be transfer on Day 3 for round 1 & round 3. The best chances are definitely day 5 but NUH will only do that if there is more than enough embryos.. So if you have more embryos, most doc will wanna do Day 5( blastocyst) the best results.

I sincerely hope you can get your BTP on your 1st try! Good luck to you girl! this journey is tough but remember the result will be worth everything! :)

Jia you!

I decided on Virtus & Dr Roland Chieng since its going to be 100% from pocket and probably a change would be good.. Afterall, i had been with NUH since Jan'16, done 4 rounds of IUI & 3 round of IVF (2 fresh transfers since 2nd IVF have no mature egg) so time for me to move to another clinic.

Im sure you will be anxious, just like me when i did my 1st round.. Especially im extremely scared of needles but now im used to the injection, bloodwork but i still rely on my hubby & my colleague to do the injection for me.. hehe

Some tips, use ice to numb your tummy & take a deep breath when the needles goes in & somehow it doesnt feel as painful. And sometimes i even sing to distract myself.. haha

For me, i have low egg reserve so i only have 2-3 eggs in my previous 3 cycles so i dont even have any frozen embryos. Thankfully my fertilisation is 100%(ICSI) so i still have 2 embryos to be transfer on Day 3 for round 1 & round 3. The best chances are definitely day 5 but NUH will only do that if there is more than enough embryos.. So if you have more embryos, most doc will wanna do Day 5( blastocyst) the best results.

I sincerely hope you can get your BTP on your 1st try! Good luck to you girl! this journey is tough but remember the result will be worth everything! :)

Jia you!

Thanks for the tips!!! Im sure will be of help!
Mind if i ask why u are paying all from
Own pocket?

I really cant wait for Nov to come. Hahah!

Lets count down tgt!

Thanks for the tips!!! Im sure will be of help!
Mind if i ask why u are paying all from
Own pocket?

I really cant wait for Nov to come. Hahah!

Lets count down tgt!
I already used up all 15K (6K, 5K, 4K) from medisave & utilize 2x gov grants(2nd fresh didn't use). Although we left 1 last gov grant, but we decided to go private. So it will be 100% OOP..

I already used up all 15K (6K, 5K, 4K) from medisave & utilize 2x gov grants(2nd fresh didn't use). Although we left 1 last gov grant, but we decided to go private. So it will be 100% OOP..
My first ivf is with kk in march 2017 but failed.Then my friend recommended me to pte.I can say it is very different from the treatment i received in kk. Very detailed and frequently do check up and better explanation but of course there is a price to pay. I prepared 30k savings for this cycle hopefully for good news but seen from my home pregnancy test i know I failed again. It has nothing to do with my doc i can says he is very professional its just me i believe. And because of this cycle i rested at home for near 2 months with no salary. Estimated i spent $25k own pocket. I am very disappointed but what to do. I really wouldn't want to give up but financially wise i think i can't afford to do another pte again. Maybe this time round i will take another 6 months rest and try another cycle next year but probably govt hospital. I really admire your courage and perseverance.

My first ivf is with kk in march 2017 but failed.Then my friend recommended me to pte.I can say it is very different from the treatment i received in kk. Very detailed and frequently do check up and better explanation but of course there is a price to pay. I prepared 30k savings for this cycle hopefully for good news but seen from my home pregnancy test i know I failed again. It has nothing to do with my doc i can says he is very professional its just me i believe. And because of this cycle i rested at home for near 2 months with no salary. Estimated i spent $25k own pocket. I am very disappointed but what to do. I really wouldn't want to give up but financially wise i think i can't afford to do another pte again. Maybe this time round i will take another 6 months rest and try another cycle next year but probably govt hospital. I really admire your courage and perseverance.

Jiayou 7869!!! have a good rest and stand up brave again! Im sure all our hard work will be paid off!!!!

Jiayou! Don't give up!

it's indeed not an easy journey.. I didn't expect I can be this brave & went so far till 3 full IVF fresh cycle.

I find my strength & determination, not only from my Hb but also through forum & IG.. yes, there are really lucky ladies who are able to strike within 1-2 tries.. im very happy for them.. and there are those ladies who had to go through a lot a lot, mutiple attempts, TCM/acupuncture, even surgery & more injections just to be able to deliver one.. this is the kind of comfort we have together in this IVF journey, even though we don't know each other, but the motivation & encouragement just bond us silently..

So please don't give up, take a break, relax & just keep going. Have faith & belief that it's going to work out eventually. I wish you all the best in your next round! Jia you!

it's indeed not an easy journey.. I didn't expect I can be this brave & went so far till 3 full IVF fresh cycle.

I find my strength & determination, not only from my Hb but also through forum & IG.. yes, there are really lucky ladies who are able to strike within 1-2 tries.. im very happy for them.. and there are those ladies who had to go through a lot a lot, mutiple attempts, TCM/acupuncture, even surgery & more injections just to be able to deliver one.. this is the kind of comfort we have together in this IVF journey, even though we don't know each other, but the motivation & encouragement just bond us silently..

So please don't give up, take a break, relax & just keep going. Have faith & belief that it's going to work out eventually. I wish you all the best in your next round! Jia you!
Thanks a great deal. I am very disappointed and keep asking myself whats went wrong in the process.i am very careful of my diet and movement this round its just fate that dont bring my embies to me. My parents relatives n friends know i am doing my second ivf. Already can see the disappointment in my mum's face and my husband but i try to put up a strong look before them but actually i am bleeding in my heart. Cant imagine going back to work my colleagues will start asking again. I know they are concern but sometimes this made us uncomfortable. What are your further plans? I saw in another thread tcm DR Zou from amk seems not bad may consider go there to tiao then give ivf another shot next year. Might consider NUH since i cant afford pte anymore.

Jiayou 7869!!! have a good rest and stand up brave again! Im sure all our hard work will be paid off!!!!
This afternoon is my beta since i already knew the results at least i wont break into tears when doc tell me the results. My period is leaking when i do the vaginal insert already can see stain. Its the same as my first ivf try so i am prepared already. Mayb later get report from my doc and start plan for next year 3rd try.
Good luck to you, actually pinching the needles are not so scary after you get use to it my worries usually is have i fully drain off the meds or still have some left behind and ended up keep looking at the syringe hahaha. Jia you, all ivf warriors. 女人真伟大!!!。

Thanks a great deal. I am very disappointed and keep asking myself whats went wrong in the process.i am very careful of my diet and movement this round its just fate that dont bring my embies to me. My parents relatives n friends know i am doing my second ivf. Already can see the disappointment in my mum's face and my husband but i try to put up a strong look before them but actually i am bleeding in my heart. Cant imagine going back to work my colleagues will start asking again. I know they are concern but sometimes this made us uncomfortable. What are your further plans? I saw in another thread tcm DR Zou from amk seems not bad may consider go there to tiao then give ivf another shot next year. Might consider NUH since i cant afford pte anymore.

Don't worry too much about how friends or colleagues feel.. I'm sure they are truly concerned for their heart but if they will never understand how we feel.. only fellow IVF warriors who went through the experience will understand our feeling.. if it's get uncomfortable, then just don't say so much so u doesn't need to explain so much.. :)

I know some people choose not to say because they don't want people to keep asking on the progress & outcome which add pressure. For me, is the other way because people will keep asking me when I'm having baby, ask me go holiday la, do this & that la etc, because they assume I'm not making effort to make baby. Once they know I'm doing IVF, they stop their wrong assumption, stop probing me further on baby plan & became even more supportive so I can be at my best form(both physically & mentally) to prepare for it. .. so in a way, it help me more than trying to avoid this topic. But again, that's me & everyone social circle & friends are different so you will be the best judge if it's good to be open or not.

I will be seeing Dr Roland & Virtus lab once I get all my medical records from NUH. I hope to meet them asap to discuss my case & next plan.

I started TCM(only acupuncture) after my 1st failed cycle with Prof Wong so I will still continue with this treatment. But I will look for Dr Zou since it's very near my house. Previously under Prof recommendation, I was seeing Dr Zhu Ping weekly from Hua Mei at Bukit Merah View buts its very inconvenient even though I drive. I plan to see Dr Zou after seeing Dr Roland for his opinion since he is also specialized in TCM.

I'm sorry to know your cycle fail.. just go enjoy yourself, take a holiday or something.. we all deserve a good pat on our back & a good reward, regardless of the results... fill your year end with tons of parties & celebration to prepare for the new year! Jia you girl!

And BABY DUSTS TO ALL!

Hi Lecia

I am going for my IVF in Nov in KKH too under Dr CC Khong. And my counseling is in OCT. My colleugues did it with Dr Khong and she was very lucky to get pregnant after 1st try. :)

hi ladies! im also scheduled to do my egg transfer in Nov. just did ER but told to wait til Nov. excited and cant wait for nov to come!

i get that advice to go on holiday to try for bb all the time. of course it is from those that got preg easily such that they think is it just about going hols relax then can liao. sigh but they dont understand what others go thru.

jiayou to all!!!

Hi All,

Just like to ask a question about the grant. Currently i am with DR Roland Chieng as well and use up the first 2 grant ($6k & $5K) But my first FET failed and just like to ask if let's say touchwood the 2nd FET ($4k grant) failed, then if i change to go to government for IVF will i still be entitled the grant for new cycle again? Also since my failed IVF, i been having period since 30 AUG and did not stop since then. Anyone experience this? It's irritating that for 1 month and it's not stopping and i can't proceed for my 2nd FET. As DR Chieng he checked and said my uterus and fallopian tube is fine. Thanks for your advice.

Hi All,

Just like to ask a question about the grant. Currently i am with DR Roland Chieng as well and use up the first 2 grant ($6k & $5K) But my first FET failed and just like to ask if let's say touchwood the 2nd FET ($4k grant) failed, then if i change to go to government for IVF will i still be entitled the grant for new cycle again? Also since my failed IVF, i been having period since 30 AUG and did not stop since then. Anyone experience this? It's irritating that for 1 month and it's not stopping and i can't proceed for my 2nd FET. As DR Chieng he checked and said my uterus and fallopian tube is fine. Thanks for your advice.

That mean u still have balance of 4K fresh and 2 FET left.
2nd fet is not 4K grant. Is 75% of $1,200 only.

You still hv 4K fresh from medisave to use at govt hospital if u have not utilize at the private hospital. You haven't utilize govt grant yet?

http://www.heybaby.sg/havingchildren/art.html

Last edited:
hi ladies

i just want to knw for those who has undergo IVF process. It is very tough? i not sure what to expect. Can anybody share. Thank you :)

Hi all,

Just like to check if any of u experience ectopic pregnancy after ivf FET and did get pregnant successful the 2nd FET? For my case it's very rare situation whereby I did FET on 14 Aug and did implantation but negative pregnancy result due to low HCG. But my period came then have some normal abdominal cramping and non stop bleeding and just did detailed ultrasound and diagnosed I have ectopic pregnancy after failed ivf and now waiting for HCG to continue to drop. And I have a cyst and doctor Roland chieng suggested that I go for laprascopy to remove and lucrin injection to stop period and 2nd FET higher rate. Anyone went through this? Thanks.

Hi, may I know whether anyone knows the blockout dates in Nov for KKIVF? They informed me from ?? Oct till 18 Nov menses, so since my menses is likely to fall in early Nov, I have to postpone to Dec.

Hi, may I know whether anyone knows the blockout dates in Nov for KKIVF? They informed me from ?? Oct till 18 Nov menses, so since my menses is likely to fall in early Nov, I have to postpone to Dec.
i Just called they told me by 20 Nov menses need report, else need to wait for Jan cycle.

KKH clinic will be closed during the last two weeks of Dec. This is what I have understood from them. Gonna to start my fresh IVF in Nov too.

Best of luck to all those trying.

i find it very reassuring to get support from ladies who understand our emotional stress and heartaches. i tried tellin a good fren of mine abt myself going thru ivf but end up i felt more heartache cause she didnt understand and asked alot of basic qns on the process. it just got me thinking how lucky some ppl are. i guess what i wana say is we ivf warriors are really brave and i think that is also what will make us great mums in future! we have tried so hard and been thru so much.. that drive to overcome all odds is what makes us great mums!
btw some of us have a small WA grp over in the Sep chat. PM me if u wld like to join us too. we're all goin thru the same journey ;)

Hi all, I'm going for IVF counselling this week. But with private clinic thou. Am considering between doing IVF in SG or in KL.
Now considering all options b4 plunging in

i find it very reassuring to get support from ladies who understand our emotional stress and heartaches. i tried tellin a good fren of mine abt myself going thru ivf but end up i felt more heartache cause she didnt understand and asked alot of basic qns on the process. it just got me thinking how lucky some ppl are. i guess what i wana say is we ivf warriors are really brave and i think that is also what will make us great mums in future! we have tried so hard and been thru so much.. that drive to overcome all odds is what makes us great mums!
btw some of us have a small WA grp over in the Sep chat. PM me if u wld like to join us too. we're all goin thru the same journey ;)

Hi minikiwi, I just PM u. Would like to join the WA grp.

Hi, is this group active?
In case it is, this is my worry ()I just started on centotride last Monday which is Day 2 of menses. Usually my menses will dry off by 3rd day. But now that I've started the jab, my menses is still here. Anyone experiencing the same?

Hi all ladies,

I'm in.. Today went for couselling n everything is cfm.. Will start my IVF this month properly mid of the week. This is my 3rd fresh and wil be my first n last doin IVF at KK w DR Tan HH. Previously 2 fresh was done at SGH n both not successful, so decide to change my luck at KK to hope for better luck.

Hi I have difficulty in extracting out the medicine liquid from the vial to the injection syringe. Can advise me how to do it. Cos I tried to extract it at 90angel but no liquid was extracted out. But when I tilted the vial to 45angel I managed to extract out but there’s always some liquid left over. So would like to seek advise here how to do it so as to get the correct way

Last edited:
Is ur needle too high up in the vial? U can pull the needle back lower till the rubber part of the vial den u can get all the meds out from the vial.

Really? They told me b4 20 Nov or after 25 dec cause dec will be cleaning KKH IVF. It will be closed.

Hi Dale

I called 2 times to ask, they say end Nov still can call if menses comes. the closure is the last 2 weeks of dec i think. Maybe u can call again n let me know also. I think i too stress my period will delay.

Hi Dale

I called 2 times to ask, they say end Nov still can call if menses comes. the closure is the last 2 weeks of dec i think. Maybe u can call again n let me know also. I think i too stress my period will delay.
Hi,

Ok i try email them to clarify. Cause i called twice to check before, they told me my menses needs to come b4 20 Nov. I told her mine is estimate 22 nov, they say cannot ask me go down dec cycle instead. Will update you once they replied my email. Cause stimulate in end nov, er / et can be after mid dec. Some ppl may jab more days.

Hi all,
I have my fet on 7/11 in NUH. However I have forgotten when is the pregnancy test. Whether it is tomorrow or the day after :( I was trying not to think about the test, taking it easy till the extend that I have forgotten the date....

Is the blood test usually done on day 12 after embryo transfer? Thanks!

Hi,

Ok i try email them to clarify. Cause i called twice to check before, they told me my menses needs to come b4 20 Nov. I told her mine is estimate 22 nov, they say cannot ask me go down dec cycle instead. Will update you once they replied my email. Cause stimulate in end nov, er / et can be after mid dec. Some ppl may jab more days.
I my period just came and i called KKIVF can still be in nov cycle. I asked again as long as your period falls on Nov it will be fine. :) Jia you. :)

Hi all,
I have my fet on 7/11 in NUH. However I have forgotten when is the pregnancy test. Whether it is tomorrow or the day after :( I was trying not to think about the test, taking it easy till the extend that I have forgotten the date....

Hi, why don't you give CHR a call? The Nurses there are always there to help. Bty, I am with Dr Stephen Chew for my 2nd IVF. How abt u?

Hi all,

Baby dust to you!!!!

Btw kkh replied me say now menses b4 3rd dec is ok. They close till 23 dec. Already book trip in dec cause they told me 20 nov them. So the nurse ask me go enjoy and start my ivf in jan menses instead.

Hi all

I have my first jab today. It was alright not painful just feel a bit discomfort but bearable. Those who are undergoing it! Jia you!

Good morning! Just wondering if anyone is on 2ww with sgh care, had blood test after embryo transfer (no calls from clinic so apparently hormone level on a good side)and end up being pregnant..?

Today suppose to be my ET but Dr Tan tell me there is no embryo transfer. He suggested me to go TCM before my next fresh IVF in Jan.

Back