December 2017 mummies

I'm at kkh and they don't offer hospitalization leave . :( So unfair as my colleagues all take 3 weeks before Edd! Do u all know of any private gynae at kkh offers?

Hi Kintra,

Im not sure if this is still relevant to u, but just for sharing purpose, kkh does give hosp leave. Just that u have to sign up with private doctors. Subsidized one they wont give. I got 1 mth HL during last few weeks of preg. Continued until my delivery.

thanks Hannah86. I'm at subsidised one.. no wonder they only give MC. Not sure if they will give more days of MC because of cramps, etc. Didn't sleep well last night and my job is one which requires walking around sometimes. Sigh.

I saw doctor today. They also mentioned no more scans unless necessary, just doc appt and listen to baby's heartbeat.

i am around week 32. so far visiting every 3 weeks. have your doc advise if natural or c-sect? mine told me has to c-sect.

Hello, any reason that your doc advise this?
For mine is because I emergency c-sec for the 1st time round, so 2nd time c-sec safer.

Hi, what's the difference in terms of cost between c-sec and emergency c-sec?

My first baby was emergency C-sec at kkh, around 9.5k with A1 ward last yr.
Quote by kkh a planned C-sec around 8.4k for this yr

My friend A emergency C-sec at TMC is 13k
Friend B planned C-sec at TMC is around 10k
2 of them 1 bedded and around 1 wk apart.

All these before govt subsidy .

Last edited:
thanks Hannah86. I'm at subsidised one.. no wonder they only give MC. Not sure if they will give more days of MC because of cramps, etc. Didn't sleep well last night and my job is one which requires walking around sometimes. Sigh.

I saw doctor today. They also mentioned no more scans unless necessary, just doc appt and listen to baby's heartbeat.

I'm surprised to hear this. How many weeks are you?

For both my #1 and current pregnancy, I had weekly appointments with my gynae from 35 weeks onwards. At each appointment, he will do a scan to check:

1. The position of the baby (to make sure that he remains engaged and head down)
2. The position of the umbilical cord (to make sure that it's not around my baby's neck, head or body or posing any danger)
3. That I still have a good placenta water level as we near the delivery date

And before each scan, he will put me on 30 mins of CTG monitoring to track the baby's heartbeat to ensure that he's not in distress.

I had a different gynae for this pregnancy but this was also the practice with the gynae for my #1.

Hi mummies, I am having really bad backache, even with hot pressure also no help.
I will sleep in early parts of night and wake up at 2plus not able to go back to sleep due to backache, and will have to take anarex to knock myself out.
Any of you sufferring from backache & insonmia too?
How do you deal with it?

Hi mummies, I am having really bad backache, even with hot pressure also no help.
I will sleep in early parts of night and wake up at 2plus not able to go back to sleep due to backache, and will have to take anarex to knock myself out.
Any of you sufferring from backache & insonmia too?
How do you deal with it?

Hi marvelous, i used the heat pads from daiso to help soothe the terrible backaches. I felt better after laying on the heat pad for sometime ... did u use heatpads as well ?

I am also bugged with insomnia too... sighs!

Hi, i am week33 this week and my baby is still in breech position (head up, bum down).

I am trying to avoid csec but i am also concern on the risks associated with attempting to turn the baby heads down.

Anyone’s baby is still in breech position too ? If yes, did any of ur gyneas recommended any exercise to do ? Or suggested doing ECV at wk37/38 or consider doing moxibustion ?

Hi, i am week33 this week and my baby is still in breech position (head up, bum down).

I am trying to avoid csec but i am also concern on the risks associated with attempting to turn the baby heads down.

Anyone’s baby is still in breech position too ? If yes, did any of ur gyneas recommended any exercise to do ? Or suggested doing ECV at wk37/38 or consider doing moxibustion ?
During my previous preganancy, my baby was also in breech position, my gynae recommendation was rest more and less walking as when you are standing/walking the gravity will prevent baby from turning.
Have you tried talking to baby? I talked alot to baby to tell baby to turn, fortunately for me, mine eventually did turn at week 35.

Hi marvelous, i used the heat pads from daiso to help soothe the terrible backaches. I felt better after laying on the heat pad for sometime ... did u use heatpads as well ?

I am also bugged with insomnia too... sighs!
Thank you @daylesford
I do use hot water bottle, it works well and I will be sleeping from 10 to 1plus or 2plus, then upsy & couldn't go back to sleep.
This insonmia is so disrupting, as I am not able to go to work the next day....

During my previous preganancy, my baby was also in breech position, my gynae recommendation was rest more and less walking as when you are standing/walking the gravity will prevent baby from turning.
Have you tried talking to baby? I talked alot to baby to tell baby to turn, fortunately for me, mine eventually did turn at week 35.

Thanks for sharing. Ok i will keep talking to my baby ... did u feel ur baby turn back then ?!

Thank you @daylesford
I do use hot water bottle, it works well and I will be sleeping from 10 to 1plus or 2plus, then upsy & couldn't go back to sleep.
This insonmia is so disrupting, as I am not able to go to work the next day....

I feel u ... its such a pain to be bugged by insomnia :( and i cant sleep on demand type. So its double whammy for me.

I'm surprised to hear this. How many weeks are you?

For both my #1 and current pregnancy, I had weekly appointments with my gynae from 35 weeks onwards. At each appointment, he will do a scan to check:

1. The position of the baby (to make sure that he remains engaged and head down)
2. The position of the umbilical cord (to make sure that it's not around my baby's neck, head or body or posing any danger)
3. That I still have a good placenta water level as we near the delivery date

And before each scan, he will put me on 30 mins of CTG monitoring to track the baby's heartbeat to ensure that he's not in distress.

I had a different gynae for this pregnancy but this was also the practice with the gynae for my #1.

Hi CHH_Mummy

I've switched to private gynae and saw him yesterday but next appt is still in 2 weeks, not weekly. he did a scan yesterday and checked the 1-3 that you mentioned. but no CTG monitoring. this gynae is based in KKH..

Hi CHH_Mummy

I've switched to private gynae and saw him yesterday but next appt is still in 2 weeks, not weekly. he did a scan yesterday and checked the 1-3 that you mentioned. but no CTG monitoring. this gynae is based in KKH..
Hi Kintra, so did you managed to get HL?
I am now 36 weeks and am on HL tmr onwards.

Hi Kintra, so did you managed to get HL?
I am now 36 weeks and am on HL tmr onwards.

Hi Marvelous

My KKH gynae was also very reluctant to give me HL and will ony give me from next visit... which is like a week before my EDD only.. sigh. Don't know why it's so difficult for me while others can get 3 weeks HL so easily.

Anyway I am clearing whatever remains of my leave and I plan to take MC for the other days. I won't be working from Tues this week. Plus my job is stressful lately. I don't want work to affect my baby.

Hi Marvelous

My KKH gynae was also very reluctant to give me HL and will ony give me from next visit... which is like a week before my EDD only.. sigh. Don't know why it's so difficult for me while others can get 3 weeks HL so easily.

Anyway I am clearing whatever remains of my leave and I plan to take MC for the other days. I won't be working from Tues this week. Plus my job is stressful lately. I don't want work to affect my baby.
Hug hug... sorry that its so difficult for you to get HL.
I told my gynae my manager hinting me to take my maternity leave early.
My gynae is very supportive, told me no need, he will issue HL when I depleted my MC.

I'm at kkh and they don't offer hospitalization leave . :( So unfair as my colleagues all take 3 weeks before Edd! Do u all know of any private gynae at kkh offers?

Depends who ur gymae is. My gynae at kkh is generous in giving MC n HL

Hi all, my mil started to do Hakka traditional Glutinous Rice Wine (客家黄酒) for my confinement. We have tried it yesterday, it was thick and delicious. Currently doing another few batches, 100% pure, 100% non preservatives, 100% traditional Hakka method

PM me if you are interested

IMG-20171120-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20171120-WA0003.jpg

Hi, at my week 33 check up last week, baby was also in breech position. Head and legs up near my ribs. Doc said there's nothing I can do, and that she will wait till week 37 to make a decision on further steps. Basically he has 4 more weeks to turn. Hopefully if he does turn within these few weeks, he stays head down. These days I can feel him moving so actively, I see waves on my tummy. I'm not surprised if he is turning 360 in there.

Any mummies in 37 weeks now? The pressure in pelvic area getting more and more intense as well as contractions on and off.
But contractions not painful thou, wonder when baby is popping. Went for check up on Monday and Dr said baby position is getting lower and lower. Although my edd was 12th Dec but dr said anytime from now. :eek: Any mummies experiencing the same? Baby is already 3kg........ mix feelings whether is it a good thing for baby to pop now at 37 weeks..........

Any mummies in 37 weeks now? The pressure in pelvic area getting more and more intense as well as contractions on and off.
But contractions not painful thou, wonder when baby is popping. Went for check up on Monday and Dr said baby position is getting lower and lower. Although my edd was 12th Dec but dr said anytime from now. :eek: Any mummies experiencing the same? Baby is already 3kg........ mix feelings whether is it a good thing for baby to pop now at 37 weeks..........
Me, I am 37 weeks too and edd 11/Dec.
My gynae said as long as above 37 weeks is okay. Mine not engaged yet, but last week gynae checked and said my cervix already dilated 1.5cm so gynae also said mine will be early too...

Me, I am 37 weeks too and edd 11/Dec.
My gynae said as long as above 37 weeks is okay. Mine not engaged yet, but last week gynae checked and said my cervix already dilated 1.5cm so gynae also said mine will be early too...

Already dilated 1.5cm??? How your gynae check? My gynae didnt tell me thou. Can you feel anything?

Are you still working or on leave already?
Walk less & rest more if you do not want to deliver to early...

Is it weird for a guy to be on this forum? Cos my wife EDD is on 25/12, so I’m kinda checking forums to read what’s normal and what’s not for her.

Having some difficulties with confinement lady now that the first one I’ve engaged is suddenly down with illness. Every confinement lady already seem to be engaged for Dec already.

How?

Hi, at my week 33 check up last week, baby was also in breech position. Head and legs up near my ribs. Doc said there's nothing I can do, and that she will wait till week 37 to make a decision on further steps. Basically he has 4 more weeks to turn. Hopefully if he does turn within these few weeks, he stays head down. These days I can feel him moving so actively, I see waves on my tummy. I'm not surprised if he is turning 360 in there.

Your baby is also in frank breech like mine. Looks like i need to pray hard that my baby turns head down but i got a hunch that he is still in frank breech position :( ... hoping he corporates and turn 180deg downwards.

Already dilated 1.5cm??? How your gynae check? My gynae didnt tell me thou. Can you feel anything?
Hi Neobaobao
Today I had my gynae visit, my cervix was further dilated to 3cm.
So now its up to me whether to admit myself and get waterbag burst, or just sit and wait...

You went for your gynae visit already?
How are you now?

Hi Neobaobao
Today I had my gynae visit, my cervix was further dilated to 3cm.
So now its up to me whether to admit myself and get waterbag burst, or just sit and wait...

You went for your gynae visit already?
How are you now?

My next check up is on the 27th Nov. I am not sure whether have I dilate.
But today I kept having stomach cramps and loose bowels. Is it normal or is it a sign of labour?
I am so scareeeeeeeee.

Will you admit now or wait? :eek:

My next check up is on the 27th Nov. I am not sure whether have I dilate.
But today I kept having stomach cramps and loose bowels. Is it normal or is it a sign of labour?
I am so scareeeeeeeee.

Will you admit now or wait? :eek:
I heard loose bowels is sign of labour.
But next week we are 38 weeks already so baby should be quite alright.

I told gynae I mentally not ready to deliver yet and this Sunday is my no. 1 concert so no matter what must be after Sunday haha....
My next appt is next Friday but gynae say anytime I am ready just ring his clinic and they will book the labour room.

I heard loose bowels is sign of labour.
But next week we are 38 weeks already so baby should be quite alright.

I told gynae I mentally not ready to deliver yet and this Sunday is my no. 1 concert so no matter what must be after Sunday haha....
My next appt is next Friday but gynae say anytime I am ready just ring his clinic and they will book the labour room.

If we were to deliver by this week or next. we are not December mummies anymore. :D
Your edd is 11 Dec right? Mine is 12th Dec!
Which hospital you gonna deliver at??

Is it weird for a guy to be on this forum? Cos my wife EDD is on 25/12, so I’m kinda checking forums to read what’s normal and what’s not for her.

Having some difficulties with confinement lady now that the first one I’ve engaged is suddenly down with illness. Every confinement lady already seem to be engaged for Dec already.

How?
I guess you can to try agency, as for which agency I cant advice cos I didn't went through agency.

Back