April 2018 Mummies

I am at my 12 weeks and still feeling very nausea and still poor appetite. seems like bb not getting any nutrients :(

don’t be sad, you are are alone!
nearing 15 weeks now and i am still feeling the same. but did improve abit for the past 2 weeks.
take care and jia you! just rmb to take the supplements and baby will have the nutrients .
(though i have to admit myself skip the supplements pretty often cos it makes me nuasea! :p)

I also intend to go to Thomson to deliver. Im thinking of getting the basic ward so that there are others to keep me company. Seems scary to be in a ward alone :)

After alot of advise from others, I decided to book a trip to nearby Bangkok next month for a vacation become motherhood comes. I shd be in my 22nd week. But not sure if its 100 percent safe to get on a plane during pregnancy now. As usual, worry wart me.

Does any mummies have experience flying abroad during first or second trimester? Is it safe to go thru the airport security scan without risk to radiation? Kindly advise :)

Depends on the airport security machine, the newer ones which need you to raise your hands up 3 secs, while they scan, the machine is said to be even lower radiation than a mobile phone. The older ones, which you just walk through, I not sure. I was at a US customs and asked if I can opt out of the machine scan, she said its ok, but a thorough pat-down will be done. But since she informed radiation is lower than a mobile phone, I decided to go through it.

don’t be sad, you are are alone!
nearing 15 weeks now and i am still feeling the same. but did improve abit for the past 2 weeks.
take care and jia you! just rmb to take the supplements and baby will have the nutrients .
(though i have to admit myself skip the supplements pretty often cos it makes me nuasea! :p)

I am having nausea all day long. Quite miserable.. Lol. Currently only taking folic acid with B6 as prescribed by my gynae. And after finish my folic then can start the muti vits and fish oil. Gosh u 15weeks still having the ms. Hope your ms subside soon. I still have so many weeks to go.

I will also deliver at TMC.

I am having nausea all day long. Quite miserable.. Lol. Currently only taking folic acid with B6 as prescribed by my gynae. And after finish my folic then can start the muti vits and fish oil. Gosh u 15weeks still having the ms. Hope your ms subside soon. I still have so many weeks to go.

I will also deliver at TMC.

My nausea subsided when approaching 14 weeks. Currently along 14 weeks into 2nd trimester. I think it varies according to individual. But I do feel abit unwell like abit nausea if I am hungry. So far still manageable.
Hope yours will be gone soon.

My friend also recommended Clarins to us. Do let me know how was it.
My Wife tried the bio-oil and so far no itch. But she did say don't see results. But I told her she only start about 1 week and only once daily applied. So I don't think result will show fast

Update update!!!! I have been using for a month plus with Clarins! So far so good!!! and the itch is gone! I hope it works for your wife too!

My nausea subsided when approaching 14 weeks. Currently along 14 weeks into 2nd trimester. I think it varies according to individual. But I do feel abit unwell like abit nausea if I am hungry. So far still manageable.
Hope yours will be gone soon.

my nausea start from morning till night... making me moody and unwell. i hardly eat any meat also bc i hv this fullness feeling...
:rolleyes: hope it will subside soon...... and bring back my appetite. hehe and same to you ah.. :)

my nausea start from morning till night... making me moody and unwell. i hardly eat any meat also bc i hv this fullness feeling...
:rolleyes: hope it will subside soon...... and bring back my appetite. hehe and same to you ah.. :)

Have you started any supplements yet? I take from 13 weeks onwards. Maybe the Vitamins helped to curb it somehow.

As for the fullness feeling, I have it too. Taking fruits high in fiber might help, especially plums and prunes. Going for a stroll after a heavy meal also helps in digesting food faster as well. ;)

May I know those who take OSCAR test, how long did you have to wait for the results? I have to wait 6 days till my next gynae’s appt and the wait is sooo long.

Hi! I am a FTM who recently delivered and happened to see your query. I travelled to nearby countries like Bangkok in my 2nd tri and it was ok. The security checks were fine too.

If your tummy is visible, will need to declare your pregnamcy at check-in counter and have ready a letter from your gynae indicating you are fine to travel. Heard that some airlines may require letter to be dated within 2 weeks from travel date so do check when booking your flights.

I avoided carrying heavy stuff and will check for fetal movements every 1-2hrs throughout the trip.

Hope this helps!

This is very helpful tip!! i am traveling in Dec and my gynae's assistance was saying to give me the safe to travel letter in my next visit which would not be within the 2 weeks notice period! I shall request for the letter during my my Dec check up.
Thank you for the advice!!!

@Ningyoo
I had my #1 in TMC and we opted for the 1 bedder. However there was a lack of rooms the day I gave birth so we were given a 2 bedder but with only myself inside. Hubs slept on the other bed my experience was a pretty good one. That was 3 years ago..hopefully it's as good or even better now!

Hi there, I have received a letter from TMC a few weeks back, indicating that my gynae had "pre-booked" a one bedder room for my delivery. Anyone have this kind of letter from TMC before?

Hi there, I have received a letter from TMC a few weeks back, indicating that my gynae had "pre-booked" a one bedder room for my delivery. Anyone have this kind of letter from TMC before?

I have receive this letter a few weeks ago. Last week I went for my gynae appt and forget to ask the clinic lady shd I mail back the letter.

I have receive this letter a few weeks ago. Last week I went for my gynae appt and forget to ask the clinic lady shd I mail back the letter.

haha.. same here.. totally forgotten abt this matter and ask them about it? but i tot we can indicate our choice of room when the EDD is nearer?

haha.. same here.. totally forgotten abt this matter and ask them about it? but i tot we can indicate our choice of room when the EDD is nearer?

The lady mention is just a pre booking. When closer to the due date u wanna change the choice of room just tell the clinic they will contact the hospital to check availably. I opt for 2 bedded as 1 bedded is quite ex. When clinic lady brief me through the hospital bill I was shock so expensive.

May I know those who take OSCAR test, how long did you have to wait for the results? I have to wait 6 days till my next gynae’s appt and the wait is sooo long.

I did OSCAR on the 17th and the clinic called me on 19th to tell me the result. I will collect my result in 3 weeks time during my next appt.

The lady mention is just a pre booking. When closer to the due date u wanna change the choice of room just tell the clinic they will contact the hospital to check availably. I opt for 2 bedded as 1 bedded is quite ex. When clinic lady brief me through the hospital bill I was shock so expensive.

really??? no pple run thru the bill with me? oh no. Able to share what is the estimate amount for 1 bedder they quote you?

really??? no pple run thru the bill with me? oh no. Able to share what is the estimate amount for 1 bedder they quote you?

I delivered in TMC 2 years ago, total bills for Mommy & Baby ard 10k (have not deduct medisave yet), I stayed in premiere single room for 2 days.

Updated room rate I got from the clinic..

TMC.jpeg

2 bedded for natural birth with epidural is abt 5k estimated.
Dr fee, room fee, virginal delivery fee, Dr attendance fee when u r on labour charge by per visit, Anesthetist fee, paediatrician fee, nursery fee for baby. Max. Medisave claim 1650+900. Balance need pay cash. Worse come to worse if need C sect for Thomson will come up to 10k. This r been told by the clinic lady. Giving birth in private is really not cheap. As a FTM I’m really have no idea whether all the fee which she mention issit a must.

Most Thomson women clinic shd have a financial counseling declaration form which need to be sign upon taking the gynae package. In the paper there will be break down on estimated total fee needed.

Last edited:
2 bedded for natural birth with epidural is abt 5k estimated.
Dr fee, room fee, virginal delivery fee, Dr attendance fee when u r on labour charge by per visit, Anesthetist fee, paediatrician fee, nursery fee for baby. Max. Medisave claim 1650+900. Balance need pay cash. Worse come to worse if need C sect for Thomson will come up to 10k. This r been told by the clinic lady. Giving birth in private is really not cheap. As a FTM I’m really have no idea whether all the fee which she mention issit a must.

Most Thomson women clinic shd have a financial counseling declaration form which need to be sign upon taking the gynae package. In the paper there will be break down on estimated total fee needed.

Ok maybe i can ask them for a breakdown during my next visit. Thank you for the detailed breakdown. :)

think will depends if your husband want to stay over with you.

For 1 bedded, hubby can overnight and accompany you in the hospital, plus baby can be there anytime u want.

but for 4 bedded hubby can’t stay and baby can be there only during visiting hours.

i am going for single bedded room. the nurse at the clinic just shared the full cost of delivery/stay/epidural etc during my last gynae visit.
Shockingly expensive! LOL :eek:

i always thought giving birth in sgp is not that pricey. hahaha

Was thinking of 1 bedded. Did you go for natural birth? Is it 2 night stay? How is the bill size like?

Have you started any supplements yet? I take from 13 weeks onwards. Maybe the Vitamins helped to curb it somehow.

As for the fullness feeling, I have it too. Taking fruits high in fiber might help, especially plums and prunes. Going for a stroll after a heavy meal also helps in digesting food faster as well. ;)

as advised by my gynae, after i complete folic acid and will start those supplements. so will start only at weeks 15 like quite late. i don't eat heavy meal leh.. coz i totally no appetite.. my meal are already light. :S and worst is I can't keep plain water down. nothing seems to ease my nausea.:rolleyes::mad:

Oh.. actually 1st trim morning sickness is v common.. u got take supplements? My gynae gave me lots of it.. calcium, iron, dha, multi vitamins.. make me feel that I'm feeding my baby well..

my gynae only give me folic acid with B6. as for those calcium, dha etc will only start at weeks 15.
and my appetite really poor.. eat or no eat also will nausea.. while eating also nausea.
my next appt will be at weeks 14, so will also let my gynae knw tat i hv nt been eating well all these while. actually my nausea worsen from 10weeks onwards.... becomes all day nausea. :( counting down to 2nd trim soon... how many weeks are you now?

I did mine on a saturday and got my results on the following tuesday. Doc gave me a call to inform me of the results.

Wonder if anyone did any comparison of the maternity packages offered by different hospital?? My doc allows me to choose where i wanna deliver... any recommendations?

as advised by my gynae, after i complete folic acid and will start those supplements. so will start only at weeks 15 like quite late. i don't eat heavy meal leh.. coz i totally no appetite.. my meal are already light. :S and worst is I can't keep plain water down. nothing seems to ease my nausea.:rolleyes::mad:

Actually, I have not finished my folic acid too. But I decided to stop after 12 weeks and start prenatal vitamins just to make sure bb got the nutrients to grow as I may not be able to adhere to good diet everyday.

I used to try lemon water which helped to curb nausea. If that doesn’t help much, just pray it will subside soon..

Actually, I have not finished my folic acid too. But I decided to stop after 12 weeks and start prenatal vitamins just to make sure bb got the nutrients to grow as I may not be able to adhere to good diet everyday.

I used to try lemon water which helped to curb nausea. If that doesn’t help much, just pray it will subside soon..

Oh i see. My appt next week and i will ask my gynae whether I can start prenatal vits earlier. Hope my bb grow well inside. Lol ok you jiayou too! :)

Hi

I am new to this group. Now I am almost at my 16 weeks. I just did my igene test at nuh three weeks ago. I called them wanted to find out the results. Then, they said they are not allowed to disclose the results over the the phone unless the results are high risk for DS? Is this true? But the other hospitals allowed that.

Karen

Hi

I am new to this group. Now I am almost at my 16 weeks. I just did my igene test at nuh three weeks ago. I called them wanted to find out the results. Then, they said they are not allowed to disclose the results over the the phone unless the results are high risk for DS? Is this true? But the other hospitals allowed that.

Karen

Actually I’ve realised that govt hosp generally do not disclose over the phone even if you’re private patient.

Hi

Karen
Hehe... indirectly they are disclosing it to you... since they only disclose if its high risk So dont worry about it.

Have you decided on confinement? Hiring CL, Mum/MIL taking care? Anyone have experience taking care of newborn together with hubby without help during confinement period? Anyone order catering for confinement meal?

That’s true. But I am anxious to know the gender. My next appointment is at 18 weeks. If only they can tell me earlier

Any mummies having discharge at nipples ? I have tinge of white creamy discharge, very little.. I googled and it shows that body preparing for breastfeeding but normally in the last trimester or 5-6mths... but I’m only in my 16th week :/

Any mummies having discharge at nipples ? I have tinge of white creamy discharge, very little.. I googled and it shows that body preparing for breastfeeding but normally in the last trimester or 5-6mths... but I’m only in my 16th week :/
Hi! I had that two weeks ago at abt 14w. Cleaned it and so far don't see anymore..I read that it's normal so don't worry :)

Have you decided on confinement? Hiring CL, Mum/MIL taking care? Anyone have experience taking care of newborn together with hubby without help during confinement period? Anyone order catering for confinement meal?
Hi! Just like my #1, for my #2 this time, my mum will be helping me and I'll be ordering confinement tingkat. Hopefully we can cope..

Hi all, I would like to join this group. Currently at 14 weeks. Edd end of April. Is there any fb group or WhatsApp group to join? Baby no.3 for me and I am with Dr Fong.

Follow

#1 edd early apr, like to know if there are any WhatsApp group or FB to join... looking for support and mummies who stay near by if can organize meet up or such...?

Back