IVF Jan 2018 cycle

hi im going for jan cycle at KKH. anyone in?
Hi Fel C, my first consultation will be next week, I haven't done any tests yet, may I know how long you wait to be scheduled for ivf? I wonder if I can join you in Jan cycle

Hi
@Otnum2
I was scheduled on Oct for Jan. Due to their closure in dec. so got to wait till Jan. But checkup will take a while there are few checks and then be confirmed by doctor. May take few months. Once confirm that you will be doing ivf, you will be put to
this is my 2nd fresh cycle, I did my check up in late 2015. after the doctor gave me the green light to go ahead with ivf, i delayed 6 months to give nature a chance

Hi Fel C, thank you for your reply and good luck to you for this cycle. I guess I won't be able to join you in Jan cycle..I heard the hsg test is quite painful. Everyone need to take this test before going for ivf?

Hi Fel C, thank you for your reply and good luck to you for this cycle. I guess I won't be able to join you in Jan cycle..I heard the hsg test is quite painful. Everyone need to take this test before going for ivf?
yes. but i didnt do HSG , i did sonography due to the issue with my hb sperm low quality

yes. but i didnt do HSG , i did sonography due to the issue with my hb sperm low quality
Oh....that means that is not nrcessary to do hsg?tot must go through this check befote ivf. we have problem of conceiving due to my husband sperm issue also. Btw what is so sonography?

Last edited:
Oh....that means that is not nrcessary to do hsg?tot must go through this check befote ivf. we have problem of conceiving due to my husband sperm issue also. Btw what is so sonography?
Is check the womb to see any fibriod or cyst. Depend on the doctor but i feel hsg is better can check whether ur tubes are block or not

Is check the womb to see any fibriod or cyst. Depend on the doctor but i feel hsg is better can check whether ur tubes are block or not
Thanks for your reply. I am going to see doc on Thursday. Hopefully I can start doing ivf early.

Hi ladies, i had my hsg in aug & result shown my left falopian tube is partially blocked, with signs of polyps. went for hysteroscopy surgery in oct to remove the polyps. yesterday was the post-ops review, result is good & polyps all cleared. had booked appt with kkh dr tan hh in end nov to start on my ivf journey... so i guess if everything goes well smoothly, i might be schedule for Jan IVF too. hopefully k 'partner up' with @Fel C, so that we can discuss n share more in here, yah :)

Good luck to everyone~ let's strive harder towards our mummy's dream

Hi ladies, i had my hsg in aug & result shown my left falopian tube is partially blocked, with signs of polyps. went for hysteroscopy surgery in oct to remove the polyps. yesterday was the post-ops review, result is good & polyps all cleared. had booked appt with kkh dr tan hh in end nov to start on my ivf journey... so i guess if everything goes well smoothly, i might be schedule for Jan IVF too. hopefully k 'partner up' with @Fel C, so that we can discuss n share more in here, yah :)

Good luck to everyone~ let's strive harder towards our mummy's dream
HI, I just consulted Dr Tan. He sent me to do blood test and now have to wait for next menses come to do hsg test. He seems prefer me to try iui first.
Did he suggest to go for ivf straight?or you don't want to do iui?

HI, I just consulted Dr Tan. He sent me to do blood test and now have to wait for next menses come to do hsg test. He seems prefer me to try iui first.

Hi @Otnum2 , i consulted dr tan in june & he was the one who found out the polyps & sent me for hysteroscopy surgery, but his cost for the surgery was costly... almost $3k... so i hv no choice to downgrade to subsidized patient.. n did the surgery. so yst was the post-ops review, result is good so i went straight to booked for an appt at the counter to see dr tan hh in end nov. when he reviewed my hsg report in aug, he did suggested me for ivf after i removed the polyps... shall see what he will suggest again at the next appt..

hi ladies, sorry but can any1 advice me where to find the proper explanations on the costs for ivf? e.g. the govt co fund can be use at which stage(s), what other tests & medications that are allow to use govt co fund, and also when we can use our cpf to pay off the balance etc... wanted to prepare for the ivf journey financially & mentally get ready for the coming payments $$$.... hope dun need to fork out so much hard cash though...

Hi Otnum2, i am also queuing for ivf in jan 2018. However right now undergoing iui process soon. If my iui sucess, i wouldn't need to go through ivf in jan. Anyway since have to wait so give iui a chance although the sucess rate is lower than ivf. I am also doing in kkh under Dr Sadhana. This iui will also give me a some mental preparation for ivf since needle injection are also involved. I personally feel injecting on yourself need to take alot of courage since it was my first time.

Hi Otnum2, i am also queuing for ivf in jan 2018. However right now undergoing iui process soon. If my iui sucess, i wouldn't need to go through ivf in jan. Anyway since have to wait so give iui a chance although the sucess rate is lower than ivf. I am also doing in kkh under Dr Sadhana. This iui will also give me a some mental preparation for ivf since needle injection are also involved. I personally feel injecting on yourself need to take alot of courage since it was my first time.

Hi, so u mean we can try for iui first while queuing for ivf? No que for iui?

Hi, so u mean we can try for iui first while queuing for ivf? No que for iui?

SO-IUI was also recommended by my doctor to me. I am not sure of the queue for iui but the process is surely more easy than ivf. Since ivf need to wait till jan 2018, no harm trying iui. And if iui suceed, you dont need to go through ivf. And i personally feel if i cant stand the process of iui, ivf will more more difficult since u need to inject yourself many time.

SO-IUI was also recommended by my doctor to me. I am not sure of the queue for iui but the process is surely more easy than ivf. Since ivf need to wait till jan 2018, no harm trying iui. And if iui suceed, you dont need to go through ivf. And i personally feel if i cant stand the process of iui, ivf will more more difficult since u need to inject yourself many time.
Thanks for your reply. Now I am waiting for my menses to come then I can do the hsg test. Any idea how to induce menses?my cycle is quite long ..40-50 days

That time my menses was late maybe due to excitement or stress so after googling the net, i ate 2 pieces of pineapple(recommended from internet). The next day my menses came. Hope it helps.

Me me me!!
Was scheduled for Nov slot but i postpone as we wanted more time to get healthy before we start. So KKH scheduled me for briefing in dec and den once menses come in Jan den start liao.

Very excited and scare at the same time lae

Hi all, my iui failed so will confirm be in for ivf in jan 2018. Anyone care to share any supplement you guys are taking during these days to prepare for ivf? I have being constantly taking 5mg folic acid, eating egg white, red date water and red bean soup. Any other recommended to take? Any multi-vitamin u guys are taking?

Hi all, my iui failed so will confirm be in for ivf in jan 2018. Anyone care to share any supplement you guys are taking during these days to prepare for ivf? I have being constantly taking 5mg folic acid, eating egg white, red date water and red bean soup. Any other recommended to take? Any multi-vitamin u guys are taking?

You can try the Blackmore Conceive Well Gold.

Blackmores conceive well no stock in most watson and guardian so i bought this. Holistic way prenatal multi vitamin for pregnant and breast feeding women. What u guys think?

Went for my appt with Dr Tan HH on wednesday. He scheduled me for the counselling session & am waiting for the nurse to call me to arrange for the counselling in Dec'17. how is the session like at IVF centre in KKH? the counselling session is it a 1-to-1 with a nurse or is in a small group? i was told that if i need to ask private/sensitive questions, have to request for it before registering. Dr Tan HH mentioned that i am most likely to be in Feb'18 list for my IVF. Any members here are in the Feb'18 IVF slot already?

lg.php

Anyone did FET at SGH Care?

The doctor advised me to do regulated cycle, which means more injections. I found it really weird cos I thought the injections days are over already.... I tried to change to natural FET but the nurse told me something about transferring day5 embryo can't do natural?

I will be returning red eggs to zsnn at Tang Gah Beo (
6 Bukit Purmei, Singapore 099866) on 15 Dec 3pm. You may wish to go and collect some baby dust blessings:)))

Hi all, i was told that drink milk was good for us. However, which type of milk are you all drinking? Any recommendation? Cold or warm milk? Thank you.

hi ladies, sorry but can any1 advice me where to find the proper explanations on the costs for ivf? e.g. the govt co fund can be use at which stage(s), what other tests & medications that are allow to use govt co fund, and also when we can use our cpf to pay off the balance etc... wanted to prepare for the ivf journey financially & mentally get ready for the coming payments $$$.... hope dun need to fork out so much hard cash though...

Hi.. can try NUH's site - http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=1061716.

Few more weeks to Jan!
Any ladies already started on the journey?

Just wondering if we can drink tian yuan xiang chicken essence for pregnancy plan to tiao our body while we are on the ivf treatment?

Didnt manage to find any threads on this

Few more weeks to Jan!
Any ladies already started on the journey?

Just wondering if we can drink tian yuan xiang chicken essence for pregnancy plan to tiao our body while we are on the ivf treatment?

Didnt manage to find any threads on this

There's an IVF thread under matters of the heart. You can post there as well. Plenty of ladies doing IVF there.

I'm doing my FET in January but since it's medicated FET, I've started medication.

There's an IVF thread under matters of the heart. You can post there as well. Plenty of ladies doing IVF there.

I'm doing my FET in January but since it's medicated FET, I've started medication.

Hi spinsterella, may i ask what is medicated FET? Sorry i am puzzle about this medicaticated FET as compared with normal ivf fresh egg transfer. Why do you need to do medicated one? Long protocol? Sorry to ask so many question.

Hi spinsterella, may i ask what is medicated FET? Sorry i am puzzle about this medicaticated FET as compared with normal ivf fresh egg transfer. Why do you need to do medicated one? Long protocol? Sorry to ask so many question.

FET is frozen embryo transfer.
For Frozen embryo transfer, there's natural and medicated. Natural means you ovulate etc all naturally. Medicated means you take medication so that your period will come and you will ovulate on a certain day.

Long and short protocol would be for the IVF. Long normally involves injecting lucrin ie. shutting down your system before starting stimulation.
Some people do the embryo transfer a couple of days after the embryo retrieval but some may choose to delay to the next cycle. Or some has frozen embryos from the last IVF and wants to transfer them.

For me, I opted for delayed transfer ie. FET cos for my first IVF, my progesterone was too high for implantation so my then Dr suggested I do FET instead. I had only one embryo and BFP with that.

For my second ivf, my Dr suggested FET again since I succeeded the previous cycle.

FET is frozen embryo transfer.
For Frozen embryo transfer, there's natural and medicated. Natural means you ovulate etc all naturally. Medicated means you take medication so that your period will come and you will ovulate on a certain day.

Long and short protocol would be for the IVF. Long normally involves injecting lucrin ie. shutting down your system before starting stimulation.
Some people do the embryo transfer a couple of days after the embryo retrieval but some may choose to delay to the next cycle. Or some has frozen embryos from the last IVF and wants to transfer them.

For me, I opted for delayed transfer ie. FET cos for my first IVF, my progesterone was too high for implantation so my then Dr suggested I do FET instead. I had only one embryo and BFP with that.

For my second ivf, my Dr suggested FET again since I succeeded the previous cycle.

Wow thanks for the explaination. I think i have a lot more that i still dont know and need to know. Thank you.

I just went to see doc. I was told my amh is low...feel pretty sad for the result and worry if I can succeed with ivf if can only produce less eggs after stimulation.

I just went to see doc. I was told my amh is low...feel pretty sad for the result and worry if I can succeed with ivf if can only produce less eggs after stimulation.
dr told u how much is ur amh?
if amh is low must do as early as possible already

Hi otnum2, i think we just produces less eggs. From website, i saw these hope it reassure u.

AMH is a protein produced by cells in ovarian follicles. ... In some cases, women withlow AMH levels may have reduced egg quantity (ovarian reserve), but still have goodegg quality and a good chance for a healthy pregnancy.

Let jia you and hope we have our wishes granted in the new 2018 year.

Me too. My amh is lower for my age too. U doing ivf in jan 2018? I am confirming to go but scare i meet with the block out period of kkh as indicated by Fel C.
No..the nurse says probably in feb/march. Definitely after cny...Now i am waiting the call from kkivf to book the date and ivf briefing.
BTW I heard dhea is good for us to increase egg quality.. are you taking it?

No..the nurse says probably in feb/march. Definitely after cny...Now i am waiting the call from kkivf to book the date and ivf briefing.
BTW I heard dhea is good for us to increase egg quality.. are you taking it?

I have just taking blackmore conceive well gold. It do consist this too. So hopefully to make my body have the necessary nutrients it require to make have good quality egg.

Returning Red Eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file)

Dear all, I’m an ivf mummy who thankfully succeed in my first fresh Ivf in feb done in sgh with dr Yu suling. I’ve delivered my first born, baby boy on 25th nov and am returning red eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file) tomorrow (25th dec) morning - his full month. If you are interested in collecting the red eggs, you can drop by the temples after 11am. Baby dust to all here!Anf a Merry Christmas to all too! :)

Attachments

• 1D8B2EEF-4771-4445-86F5-F7F8BEC004AF.jpeg
    1D8B2EEF-4771-4445-86F5-F7F8BEC004AF.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 569

Back