IVF/ICSI Support Group

Why don't you request to take another HCG to monitor also - another datapoint. By now should be at least 5 digit. There is a range that they follow

Hi I’ve started my first ivf this month and had my retrieval done this morning with Dr Fong Yang. Keeping fingers crossed with good numbers.

Dear Ladies, I have extra Crinone to let go as got bfp and switched to duphaston now.

Please pm me if you interested:
Crinone 8% total 24 individual packs
-$6 for each individual or $140(negotiable) to take all
-Expiry 30/9/2019 & 20/3/2020

Lots of baby dust to you all!

set-72157688247506793

how bad was the bleeding? any reason for bleeding? bleeding stop after you're on crinone and duphaston? sorry... i got many questions
Can say small to medium flow bleed.reason was normal for 1st trimester to bleed.and was put on duphaston 3times a day and continued crinone til week.12.Only that 1 episode bleed.After that no more..And when i visited my dr at week.8 let him knw my bleeding episode and was given 1 time progestrone injection at the thigh.

Hi all sorry just to check.. what is considered day 1 of mense? Is it as long as full flow anytime or after a certain timing considered next day?

Hi all sorry just to check.. what is considered day 1 of mense? Is it as long as full flow anytime or after a certain timing considered next day?

for kkh, if your menses comes in the afternoon, the next day is still day 1. if you call kkivf in the afternoon, they usually ask u it came in the morning or afternoon. anyway don't worry, anything not sure can always ask the nurse.

Hi everyone. I had a missed miscarriage in 2013 & last Nov 2016 and another miscarriage in July 2017 whereby the foetus stop growing at 7w when having 9w scan. All pregnancy by IVF but no live birth. I'm going for fet in this coming Nov, although its too fast but doctor said its fine. I just wanna check with all, have you ladies heard about zishen Yutai pills? As mentioned online that taken together with progesterone can prevent habitual, spontaneous and threatened miscarriages. And it could be taken throughout the pregnancy. Anyone tried?

how bad was the bleeding? any reason for bleeding? bleeding stop after you're on crinone and duphaston? sorry... i got many questions

I bled in both my BFP cycles and there are many reasons to bleeding for IVF pregnancies during trimester 1.

1) We are on progesterone hormones supports which make our cervix more sensitive and thus more prone to bleeding.

2) Some preggies were diagnosed with cervix polyps which may trigger bleeding as well.

3) In some cases its the subchorionic hematoma (accumulation of blood within the folds of the chorion (the outer fetal membrane, next to the placenta) or between the uterus and the placenta itself. which causes light to heavy bleeding.

4) Nature is taking its course to dispel any abnormality of implanted embryos or if we have a pre-existing medical condition ( eg: immunology issues) which prevents the growth of the implanted embryo.

Anyone has high NK cells and managed to conceive?
I saw Dr Sheila vasoo in Aug, followed her protocol for my Sep FET cycle and BFP-ed. there's quite a few sisters with the same diagnosis.
You may wanna consult Her. Can see Her at her private Mt E Novena clinic or queue at NUH (subsidised rate - or anyway cheaper than her pte clinic if I'm not wrong).

I saw Dr Sheila vasoo in Aug, followed her protocol for my Sep FET cycle and BFP-ed
what was her protokol? you have any autoimmune disorders? Pls share..
I am asking because I have one inactive, plus antiphospholipid syndrome under confirmation. I am seeing a rheumatologist from SGH. Don't know if I should see dr. Sheila before my future IVF, her blood testes are soo expensive., but not sure if she can offer something different from my SGH's doctor.

I saw Dr Sheila vasoo in Aug, followed her protocol for my Sep FET cycle and BFP-ed. there's quite a few sisters with the same diagnosis.
You may wanna consult Her. Can see Her at her private Mt E Novena clinic or queue at NUH (subsidised rate - or anyway cheaper than her pte clinic if I'm not wrong).

Do u have high NK cells as well?

Hi everyone. I had a missed miscarriage in 2013 & last Nov 2016 and another miscarriage in July 2017 whereby the foetus stop growing at 7w when having 9w scan. All pregnancy by IVF but no live birth. I'm going for fet in this coming Nov, although its too fast but doctor said its fine. I just wanna check with all, have you ladies heard about zishen Yutai pills? As mentioned online that taken together with progesterone can prevent habitual, spontaneous and threatened miscarriages. And it could be taken throughout the pregnancy. Anyone tried?
Hi Sister, have u checked if you have sub-fertility issu
Do u have high NK cells as well?

Yup mine is at 17%, considered higher than the so called normal range of 12%. Although literature in the medical field isn't Exactly Super established on the so called normal range. And based on research online, it isn't exactly accurate to just take the overall nk levels for your whole body versus taking just the blood fr your uterus to check the cells there specifically.

Actually The whole immunology sub-fertility topic is still quite in infancy but have worked wonders for pple with recurrent miscarriages or non-implantation issues so for most of us it's our last ditch to be honest.

I am asking because I have one inactive, plus antiphospholipid syndrome under confirmation. I am seeing a rheumatologist from SGH. Don't know if I should see dr. Sheila before my future IVF, her blood testes are soo expensive., but not sure if she can offer something different from my SGH's doctor.

Hi Alisha, from my blood tests, found that I have antiphosholipid syndrome (sticky blood), higher nk cell levels, low anti-thrombin III level (related to blood clotting), protein S deficiency (also blood clotting disorder), Vit D deficiency.

The medications for the above:
Sticky blood: aspirin
Nk cells: steriods (prednisolone)
Anti-thrombin III and protein S deficiency: clexane injection
Vit D: Vit D pills

I suppose u can get SGH rheumatology dept doctor to get the full set of tests done too and see if they have the same/similar protocol for treatment? It Will be cheaper than going to Dr Vasoo's private clinic.

I just went straight to Her private clinic as I didn't wanna wait a few more months to start my next FET.

Hope this Info helps..Good luck and all the best!

Doc also prescribed intrallipids Infusion a few days before embryo transfer and after transfer. I thk this is to suppress the over active immune system fr rejecting the embryo.

Hi Alisha, from my blood tests, found that I have antiphosholipid syndrome (sticky blood), higher nk cell levels, low anti-thrombin III level (related to blood clotting), protein S deficiency (also blood clotting disorder), Vit D deficiency.

The medications for the above:
Sticky blood: aspirin
Nk cells: steriods (prednisolone)
Anti-thrombin III and protein S deficiency: clexane injection
Vit D: Vit D pills

I suppose u can get SGH rheumatology dept doctor to get the full set of tests done too and see if they have the same/similar protocol for treatment? It Will be cheaper than going to Dr Vasoo's private clinic.

I just went straight to Her private clinic as I didn't wanna wait a few more months to start my next FET.

Hope this Info helps..Good luck and all the best!

The clexane is for before preg or after preg?

Am awaiting for my first scan. However just back from kkh for support pregnancy jab cause suddenly have blood cod and have bleeding. The A&E doctor did a viginal scan and saw a sac but I will go for a detail scan next Tuesday. I am so sorrry for the worst thing happen and yet praying.

Wanna ask have any of u bfp and face this issue during ur first trimester?? Like Suddenly have come out blood cod and bleed but still manage give birth to a baby?

I ask doctor just now can see heart beat but she say still early but she assure me the sac is still there and she say must continue to grow too.

Am awaiting for my first scan. However just back from kkh for support pregnancy jab cause suddenly have blood cod and have bleeding. The A&E doctor did a viginal scan and saw a sac but I will go for a detail scan next Tuesday. I am so sorrry for the worst thing happen and yet praying.

Wanna ask have any of u bfp and face this issue during ur first trimester?? Like Suddenly have come out blood cod and bleed but still manage give birth to a baby?

I ask doctor just now can see heart beat but she say still early but she assure me the sac is still there and she say must continue to grow too.

Hugs, stay positive Elizabeth!

Anyone here had to quit their job coz your bosses say that you are always "disappearing" coz have to go on HL or on AL? Imagine I just went back to office after a miscarriage... and here these comments. And now they are offering me an additional portfolio on top of my current job. If I don't take this up means I am "blacklisted"... so in a way I have to quit coz am sure they are not going to like it when I go on AL during FET

Yes, i just being "asked" to leave as i took MCs few times only this year and i havent even say i gg for IVF this Dec
as my boss not happy about me keep taking leaves and MCs, but will be given compensation, anyway i also wan to leave as i cannot take the stress anymore, when colleagues and boss keep talking behind my back and tons of works waiting for your email reply and punishing long working hours so as time goes by, performance and motivation keep dropping... is like i am a sinner at home and work by not meeting everyone's expections, so it depends what is your prority and tis is certainly not a easy decision... DOnt worry we are in the same boat and cruising together in a big ocean... Cheers...

The clexane is for before preg or after preg?
Start 5 days before transfer, continue through 2ww and after bfp. Around week 7-8, Dr will redo the blood tests for anti-thrombin III and protein S, if levels are better than before doc will decide and call a stop to the injections. But usually after week 12 (1st trimester) can stop as placenta functions fully.

Yes stay positive, nothing is final yet, a Friend of mine bled all the way till week 10 and baby still born healthy. Her embryo implanted on blood vessel, she was on bedrest except for visits to hospital and walked really slowly. She said she meditated and prayed hard daily.

Yes stay positive, nothing is final yet, a Friend of mine bled all the way till week 10 and baby still born healthy. Her embryo implanted on blood vessel, she was on bedrest except for visits to hospital and walked really slowly. She said she meditated and prayed hard daily.

Hi,

Okay. Am also praying very hard too and bed rest and dun Wan walk so much too

cen,
Thanks a lot, will ask same tests from SGH.
How you taking prednisolone? Everyday since the doc prescribed or only before the protocol.

I had spotting and 2 incidents of red bleeding with cramps between 5.5 weeks till almost end of 1st trimester. Was given max support with bi-weekly injections before everything stabilized & enter into 2nd trimester. For now, you just gotta eat well, rest well and pray. I know it's hard but just gotta stay positive. Talk to your baby. Hang on there! All will be well. I delivered safely and my twins are coming to 17 months old.

Dear all lady fighters,

First of all, I would like to congratulate those mums-to-be, yeah you made it! I can still see some familiar nicknames here since my last update in Feb 2017.
I am here to share positive energy and to give some encouragement and motivation to sisters still fighting hard. Finally after 5 years of TTC, we made it! I am now 16 weeks+ with singleton, conceived naturally.

Below is my TTC journey:
Oct 2012 - Start TTC, age of 32
May 2014 - BFP naturally, at the same time multiple fibroids detected
Jun 2014 - Miscarriage, D&C performed
Aug 2014 - Fibroids removal via laparoscopic surgery
Dec 2015 - IUI#1 ---> BFN
Mar 2016 - IVF#1 ---> no fresh transfer due to the risk of OHSS
Jun 2016 - FET#1 ---> BFN
Aug 2016 - FET#2 ---> BFN, left with 10 frozen D2 embryos
May 2017 - TCM & acupuncture sessions
Jul 2017 - BFP naturally

After the two failed FETs last year, we decided not to proceed with FETs anymore without doing anything. This year, we have planned to have another round of fresh IVF in Penang in Sep/Oct due to the lower cost and to have some better quality eggs retrieved before too late. Prior to this fresh IVF, we have recommended by a senior relative who used to work at this TCM centre, it is just an coincidence and right in timing. Early May this year, I started my consultation and acupuncture sessions with this PRC-lady physician, who already stayed in Singapore for long time. Within 3 months, we made it! I would say the TCM do helps! This is another reason I wrote this post.

Physician, Ms Zhu Ping @ Hua Mei Acupuncture & TCM Centre
Add: Blk 128 Bukit Merah View #01-46 S150128
Tel: 6471 5517
Medicine Powder: One pack to be mixed with warm water, twice daily, $12-$15/2packs daily
*There are 4 different medicine to be consumed the whole month - during menses, after menses, during ovulation period and after ovulation period (luteal phase)
Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Twice weekly (except menses period), acupuncture $40/session, moxibustion $18/session

But we know that certain treatment works on one person may not work on another person. You may want to try out a period of time before getting another fresh cycle or frozen cycle. You can discuss with the physician on the first appointment.

Sorry for the long post. I hope all sisters here will eventually make it to parenthood one day. Hope my sharing will give you some positive energy. Feel free to drop me message if you need further clarification or information.
Sharing is caring! Cheers...

I had spotting and 2 incidents of red bleeding with cramps between 5.5 weeks till almost end of 1st trimester. Was given max support with bi-weekly injections before everything stabilized & enter into 2nd trimester. For now, you just gotta eat well, rest well and pray. I know it's hard but just gotta stay positive. Talk to your baby. Hang on there! All will be well. I delivered safely and my twins are coming to 17 months old.

How do u request for this weekly support. I am not sure if they did give me max support but they took one At upper backside and backside still pain.

cen,
Thanks a lot, will ask same tests from SGH.
How you taking prednisolone? Everyday since the doc prescribed or only before the protocol.
Hi, I only started when doc prescribed, by then was midway (day 10) of my cycle already. Can start at beginning of cycle too, just happen my appt with Her was a bit later.
It's by prescription only so u can't get it off pharmacy counters.

How do u request for this weekly support. I am not sure if they did give me max support but they took one At upper backside and backside still pain.

If my memory didn’t fail me, the first bleeding episode, the doc at O&G just gave me the jab and asked me to continue with the oral ustrosgen but increased dosage from twice to thrice. For the 2nd bleeding episode, the doc also just gave me the jab, and also prescribe me additional duphaston on top of ustrogen. Subsequently when I went for review with my gyne Dr Tan HH, I requested to have the jab again despite bleeding has tapered off. As my appointment with him was bi-weekly then, so I just requested to be jabbed during my review with him, after getting his assurance that it is ok to do so. Perhaps you can speak to your gyne about it after your 6 weeks scan whether if it’s necessary for your case. Oh, partly coz I was on aspirin too so I have to stop for a about 1 week to let the bleeding ease off. In any case, Dr Tan HH told me bleeding in pregnancy is sometimes unexplainable and more so since ours is via IVF. All pain will be worth it at the end of the day. Hang on!

Dear all lady fighters,

First of all, I would like to congratulate those mums-to-be, yeah you made it! I can still see some familiar nicknames here since my last update in Feb 2017.
I am here to share positive energy and to give some encouragement and motivation to sisters still fighting hard. Finally after 5 years of TTC, we made it! I am now 16 weeks+ with singleton, conceived naturally.

Below is my TTC journey:
Oct 2012 - Start TTC, age of 32
May 2014 - BFP naturally, at the same time multiple fibroids detected
Jun 2014 - Miscarriage, D&C performed
Aug 2014 - Fibroids removal via laparoscopic surgery
Dec 2015 - IUI#1 ---> BFN
Mar 2016 - IVF#1 ---> no fresh transfer due to the risk of OHSS
Jun 2016 - FET#1 ---> BFN
Aug 2016 - FET#2 ---> BFN, left with 10 frozen D2 embryos
May 2017 - TCM & acupuncture sessions
Jul 2017 - BFP naturally

After the two failed FETs last year, we decided not to proceed with FETs anymore without doing anything. This year, we have planned to have another round of fresh IVF in Penang in Sep/Oct due to the lower cost and to have some better quality eggs retrieved before too late. Prior to this fresh IVF, we have recommended by a senior relative who used to work at this TCM centre, it is just an coincidence and right in timing. Early May this year, I started my consultation and acupuncture sessions with this PRC-lady physician, who already stayed in Singapore for long time. Within 3 months, we made it! I would say the TCM do helps! This is another reason I wrote this post.

Physician, Ms Zhu Ping @ Hua Mei Acupuncture & TCM Centre
Add: Blk 128 Bukit Merah View #01-46 S150128
Tel: 6471 5517
Medicine Powder: One pack to be mixed with warm water, twice daily, $12-$15/2packs daily
*There are 4 different medicine to be consumed the whole month - during menses, after menses, during ovulation period and after ovulation period (luteal phase)
Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Twice weekly (except menses period), acupuncture $40/session, moxibustion $18/session

But we know that certain treatment works on one person may not work on another person. You may want to try out a period of time before getting another fresh cycle or frozen cycle. You can discuss with the physician on the first appointment.

Sorry for the long post. I hope all sisters here will eventually make it to parenthood one day. Hope my sharing will give you some positive energy. Feel free to drop me message if you need further clarification or information.
Sharing is caring! Cheers...

Congrats babe! I saw Dr Zhu too! For a good 1 year+. I religiously did accupunture & moxibustion twice weekly and I do miss the team there. They feel sad for me too whenever I had a failed cycle. Though subsequently I decided to change TCM for a change of luck; and I BFP under Dr Zao at Raffles TCM, I believed her treatment did helped to build up my body constitution. Enjoy your pregnancy and smooth delivery to you!

Congrats babe! I saw Dr Zhu too! For a good 1 year+. I religiously did accupunture & moxibustion twice weekly and I do miss the team there. They feel sad for me too whenever I had a failed cycle. Though subsequently I decided to change TCM for a change of luck; and I BFP under Dr Zao at Raffles TCM, I believed her treatment did helped to build up my body constitution. Enjoy your pregnancy and smooth delivery to you!
Thanks milogal88! Actually seldom see ppl intro about Hua Mei TCM. Yes the staffs there are quite friendly and helpful. I heard that NUH IVF Centre actually collaborates with Hua Mei but am not sure whether is true. U have 17 months old twins, wow! Must be tiring handle them but when you look back, such a big satisfaction and accomplishment!

anyone knows how much does an FET procedure cost for sf loh thomson? thanks in advance
Hi connie_hopeful, the breakdown below is as of Aug 2016 during my FET#2 under SF Loh@TFC

Medical Supplies: ER Catheters - 98.40
Medical Lab Fee: HCG blood test - 35.00
Facilities Fees: OT & Recovery - 120.00
Embryo Thawing and ET - 1500.00
Blastocyst Culture - 450.00
Embryo Transfer Professional Fee - 700.00
Total Charges before GST - 2903.40

Hope this helps.

Hi connie_hopeful, the breakdown below is as of Aug 2016 during my FET#2 under SF Loh@TFC

Medical Supplies: ER Catheters - 98.40
Medical Lab Fee: HCG blood test - 35.00
Facilities Fees: OT & Recovery - 120.00
Embryo Thawing and ET - 1500.00
Blastocyst Culture - 450.00
Embryo Transfer Professional Fee - 700.00
Total Charges before GST - 2903.40

Hope this helps.
Hi Jean Saw,
it helps. thanks :) did he all freeze at day 2? hows e survival rate after thaw. did all embries survive and no drop outs?

Hi Jean Saw,
it helps. thanks :) did he all freeze at day 2? hows e survival rate after thaw. did all embries survive and no drop outs?
For my case:
Mar 2016 - 56 eggs retrieved, 30 mature, 26 fertilised, 24 cleaved, 16 D2-embryo and 2 D5-blastocyst (from not so good D2-embryo) freezed, no fresh transfer
Jun 2016, FET#1 - 3 D2-embryo thawed, 3 survived, 3 cleaved, 2 D5-blastocyst transferred
Aug 2016, FET#2 - 3 D2-embryo and 2 D5-blastocyst thawed, all survived, 2 D2-embryo and 2 D5-blastocyst cleaved, 2 D5-blastocyst transferred (1 D2-embryo cultured + 1 D5-blastocyst thawed)
So if you are talking about survival rate after thawing, then 100%. But the sampling size so small :)
You still have frozen embryos with TFC? Planning for FET?

For my case:
Mar 2016 - 56 eggs retrieved, 30 mature, 26 fertilised, 24 cleaved, 16 D2-embryo and 2 D5-blastocyst (from not so good D2-embryo) freezed, no fresh transfer
Jun 2016, FET#1 - 3 D2-embryo thawed, 3 survived, 3 cleaved, 2 D5-blastocyst transferred
Aug 2016, FET#2 - 3 D2-embryo and 2 D5-blastocyst thawed, all survived, 2 D2-embryo and 2 D5-blastocyst cleaved, 2 D5-blastocyst transferred (1 D2-embryo cultured + 1 D5-blastocyst thawed)
So if you are talking about survival rate after thawing, then 100%. But the sampling size so small :)
You still have frozen embryos with TFC? Planning for FET?
thanks. no..i am thinking should i ask sf loh for frozen cycle instead of fresh,due to some reasons. but i know he normally practises fresh.

thanks. no..i am thinking should i ask sf loh for frozen cycle instead of fresh,due to some reasons. but i know he normally practises fresh.
After our failed FET#1, he asked me to go for another FET, as he said since i still have a number of frozen embryos, otherwise he will ask for fresh.
Wish you all the very best in coming round!

Back