IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi all, i am also going to start my first so-iui with kkh. Today is my mense 2nd day and i had just started to eat letrozole. I was told to go back to scan coming saturday as well as to attend a briefing. May i know does the first scan only let the nurse/consultant there to determine on whether when can you proceed to do iui on which cycle day or they increases your dose of the fertility drugs to take? By the way how many times of scan are required before the actual IUI process? I am actually a private patient so when doing IUI, can i choose back my doctor, DR Sadhana to do my IUI or she can only do ivf? Anyone done IUI from dr sadhana?

Thank you.

Hi @Linglong8191 , i am not sure about KK procedure. I did my IUI in raffles hospital with dr sheila loh on the 9 of oct. What i can remember is.. there's 3 or 4 scanning to check on your follicles growing. And your lining. After that the dr will do the calculation for u on when they can start on with the procedure. All the best!

Hi all, i am also going to start my first so-iui with kkh. Today is my mense 2nd day and i had just started to eat letrozole. I was told to go back to scan coming saturday as well as to attend a briefing. May i know does the first scan only let the nurse/consultant there to determine on whether when can you proceed to do iui on which cycle day or they increases your dose of the fertility drugs to take? By the way how many times of scan are required before the actual IUI process? I am actually a private patient so when doing IUI, can i choose back my doctor, DR Sadhana to do my IUI or she can only do ivf? Anyone done IUI from dr sadhana?

Thank you.
Hi, I just completed my 1st SO IUI, unfortunately it was a BFN as my period came 2 days before I was scheduled to go for a pregnancy blood test in KKH. was quite hopeful but it didn't work.
They will advise iui procedure on Day 14/15 depending when u ovulate. So the regular scanning help them determines when should they trigger u. For my case, they started off with 50mg then 75mg until the day of trigger.

Hi, I just completed my 1st SO IUI, unfortunately it was a BFN as my period came 2 days before I was scheduled to go for a pregnancy blood test in KKH. was quite hopeful but it didn't work.
They will advise iui procedure on Day 14/15 depending when u ovulate. So the regular scanning help them determines when should they trigger u. For my case, they started off with 50mg then 75mg until the day of trigger.

Hi hi..

Me too! I just got negative result yesterday. And its really hurting... but i believe god has better plans... i will do next IUI in NOV... .

I called and went down for the Day 2 scan to check on the follicles. And the doc said that we had to skip this cycle although I really want to start the 2nd iui asap. Well she said it'd not be ideal and the results won't be good. I trust their professional opinion so will take a break from injections and med this cycle until my period comes in Nov. Trying to stay hopeful and positive. But it's v upsetting to know that it's taking so long and hard. Let's jiayou ladies!

I called and went down for the Day 2 scan to check on the follicles. And the doc said that we had to skip this cycle although I really want to start the 2nd iui asap. Well she said it'd not be ideal and the results won't be good. I trust their professional opinion so will take a break from injections and med this cycle until my period comes in Nov. Trying to stay hopeful and positive. But it's v upsetting to know that it's taking so long and hard. Let's jiayou ladies!

Ya me too.. my doc asked me to take a break for 1 month.. and come again next cycle... so that new follicles mature inside.. how was KK waiting time? U are private or walk in?

I'm under subsidized cos I was referred by polyclinic. KK waiting time depends, sometime it can be within 45min, but longest I took was nearly 3hrs. It was a Saturday, there were many ladies down for scanning then review etc. Scanning was fast but waiting for the scan and review took the longest. I think it's hard for ppl who are not facing TTC prob to understand the worries we have. Hope we can encourage one another to be positive about this. I had my iui done on 9 Oct.

My iui done on the 9th too. But im at raffles. The only thing about private patient they dont do on weekend.. thats why i need to take alot of time off. I will give another try in mid nov.. my AF still not here yet.. due to the progestrone cream... so doc say will come on sat...

Oh, so u meant u know the results before AF comes? I took progesterone med aft the procedure, twice a day. Doc said my readings were qt good for follicle size and lining. But i think it wasn't our time, end up with AF.

Oh, so u meant u know the results before AF comes? I took progesterone med aft the procedure, twice a day. Doc said my readings were qt good for follicle size and lining. But i think it wasn't our time, end up with AF.

Anyway,

How much u pay cash for iui? And how much deduction on medisave?? I thought of going straight IVF at KK....

My bill was $2078 inclusive of everything, med, scans, review, procedure etc. All Medisave. I only paid a registration fee of $133 upfront.

For IVF, I'm not v sure, was given the IUI financial briefing only. The staff at KKIVF are v nice. Just that I don't get to see my doc in charge all the time, sometimes it could be other docs. Hope our 2nd IUI works!!!

Different cases different prices... i dont have any complicated issues... so mine is package of $1800...
My gynae was Dr. Siva, but I see her only 2 times per year for standard checking under my insurance police. Just made first apoinment with NUH, thinking to go straight to IVF.
1800 is good IUI price for private:)

My gynae was Dr. Siva, but I see her only 2 times per year for standard checking under my insurance police. Just made first apoinment with NUH, thinking to go straight to IVF.
1800 is good IUI price for private:)

Yaaa... me too.. thought of going IVF.... but need to send all my reports to govt hospital.... have u done with IUI?

Yaaa... me too.. thought of going IVF.... but need to send all my reports to govt hospital.... have u done with IUI?

I actually wanted to go straight to ivf but my doctor say i should try iui first before ivf unless you have complication like blockage of tude or low mobility of the sperms. I was so determine to go ivf but doctor advised so i follow her professional advice. Btw, the waiting queue for ivf now is only on jan 2018 onwards. So iui first while waiting.

I actually wanted to go straight to ivf but my doctor say i should try iui first before ivf unless you have complication like blockage of tude or low mobility of the sperms. I was so determine to go ivf but doctor advised so i follow her professional advice. Btw, the waiting queue for ivf now is only on jan 2018 onwards. So iui first while waiting.

I heard if u do IUI and u wanna do IVF means medisave claim as a 2nd timer already isit.? U mean at raffles next IVF in jan?

Hi, Shidahalba02
I didn't do IUI, keep trying naturaly since last March. I guess the waiting queue at private clinics is not so long due to price. Raffles I heard cost about 14.000 $ for basic IVF package.

I heard if u do IUI and u wanna do IVF means medisave claim as a 2nd timer already isit.? U mean at raffles next IVF in jan?

Nope. It depends if u using Medisave for IUI. That's y many dun use Medisave for IUI coz the claim is minimal. 1st cycle can claim $6k. IUI procedure only can claim $500+ for private.

2709e3f23d118b6e76c4bbc3241568cd.jpg

Cost of IVF at TFC. From $12k

For IVF, I'm not v sure, was given the IUI financial briefing only. The staff at KKIVF are v nice. Just that I don't get to see my doc in charge all the time, sometimes it could be other docs. Hope our 2nd IUI works!!!

Hi

Is your cost of IUI in KKH subsidised or private rate?

Thanks

Hi MsRainbow or anyone, would u all mind disclosing your progesterone results on day7? I read through some website and many that show that more than 20 nmol/l mean the progesterone pills are working well in the body reflecting ovulation. Is this true?

Hi all, update.

I've got positives from the Guardian pregnancy test kits. 13th day after IUI procedure.

Awaiting blood test at kkh. It's scheduled for the 20th day.

So basically, no symptoms after IUI.

Good luck to everyone.

Hi Min, just wondering did you had discharge or cramps after IUI?

Hi pinkypony, i am currently in my 2ww and i also dont have symptom except for occassion cramping and bloatness sometime like Min.

After iui, i do have some discharge and cramp but little. As for the discharge, i saw many do say it was because of during iui, there is fluid used and this fluid (not the sperm. Not to worry) leaked out as discharge.

Hi pinkypony, i am currently in my 2ww and i also dont have symptom except for occassion cramping and bloatness sometime like Min.

After iui, i do have some discharge and cramp but little. As for the discharge, i saw many do say it was because of during iui, there is fluid used and this fluid (not the sperm. Not to worry) leaked out as discharge.

Thanks Ling! Because I also just did my IUI yesterday. And I have cramping and a little discharge after I went home to check. I was worried it could be the sperm that leaks out. Will the sperm even leaks out?

Thanks Ling! Because I also just did my IUI yesterday. And I have cramping and a little discharge after I went home to check. I was worried it could be the sperm that leaks out. Will the sperm even leaks out?

According to the nurse, it won't. I know because after iui, i was too urgent to go toilet and the nurse say after 5 min, i can just go and not to worry about sperm leaking out.

Ok. Thanks Ling! How was your IUI?

So far so good. Thanks. I dare not anyhow eat. As for supplement i only eat folic acid as i am afraid i ate the wrong supplement. Heard like vitamin a was not good but forgotten why. overall still waiting and not much symptom except occassionally cramping.

So far so good. Thanks. I dare not anyhow eat. As for supplement i only eat folic acid as i am afraid i ate the wrong supplement. Heard like vitamin a was not good but forgotten why. overall still waiting and not much symptom except occassionally cramping.

Hi Ling,

Are you with Dr sadhana for your IUI ? I am thinking of booking an appointment with her. Care to share your experience with her ? Thank you =)

Hi Ling,

Are you with Dr sadhana for your IUI ? I am thinking of booking an appointment with her. Care to share your experience with her ? Thank you =)

I choose Dr Sadhana because of friend's recommendation. My friend's ivf was done by her. She was successful on her first ivf thus recommending me to seek her. My iui was done by the doctor on duty that day.

As for Dr Sadhana, she is a very nice and knowledgable person. I feel it is easy for me to talk to her expressing my concern.

I choose Dr Sadhana because of friend's recommendation. My friend's ivf was done by her. She was successful on her first ivf thus recommending me to seek her. My iui was done by the doctor on duty that day.

As for Dr Sadhana, she is a very nice and knowledgable person. I feel it is easy for me to talk to her expressing my concern.

Thanks Ling! I have book my appointment coming dec =) Mind i ask how much you pay for your IUI procedure ?

Anybody 2ww more than 14 days for the beta hCG test? Mine was 19 days but was thinking whether is it done to my menses cycle (32 Days)? Feeling impatient with my wait... ...

Had a bit of cramps, but nothing like menstrual cramps. It was very slight and felt like it was due to having the catheter irritating the uterus.

Discharge as per normal. Like cervical mucus that kind.

Anyone going for bete hCG testing soon or before? Care to share the number? What will u be expecting during the second blood test? Any doctor's review during that day?

hi all,

I just finished today an IUI with dr CT Yeong of Tow Yung clinic at Tanglin mall. I strongly recommend him.

A little background,i underwent D&C at Kkh to remove polyps tried a year naturally and nothing. Been ttc 5 yrs and im already 36 , hubby 42. So the clock is ticking and lately I am getting depressed.

Dr. CT I think understood my sentiments so he was quite aggressive in this IUI i had with him. I took clomid on cd2-7 50mg each (as prescribed by my OB at Tampines) then underwent menopur shots 150mg from cd9-16 as my eggs are not growing as expected. CD9 last friday was the first time I met dr CT. On Thu we went back which is Cd 16 and he gave me ovidrel to trigger my ovulation. We scheduled IUi at Virtus on Friday 220 PM. I have 3 eggs, 1 in right and 2 in left at 17 and 16.5mm on CD 16, that is why i had anither menopur shot before the trigger shot. Sperm collected is 20M and Dr is quite happy. so today satirday is my 1DPiui . I am praying so hard hopefully we get our greatest gift this cycle! anyone who can be my buddy in my 2ww?

Hi ladies I Guess my results are negative. As per check with the pregnancy kit. I am having spotting now. But I’m not sure if is it menses because I have spotting for 2 days alr and full flow of menses is not out yet. I’m concern what cause this. Does any of you have this too?

Hi pinkpony, are u in your 2ww and how many days pass iui u have this spotting? If u are eating progestrone pill, your menses will be delayed that y spotting. However if u are in your first week, then maybe it is just implantation bleeding then congrate to u. I just failed my iui when my spotting came 2 days before my blood test. Very disappointing and sad.

Back