March 2018 Mummies

I did went to the baby fair, but I never buy anything the crowd just make me feel like fainting. I even perspire when I was at the fair really have no mood to have a close look on everything. Anyway this was the first time I went for baby fair. And I don’t think I will wanna join the crowd again.

I brought baby wipes becoz the deal was pretty good ahhaa. can't look around too much becoz my #1 is not behaving.

Babysitter Available at Sembawang, having 17 years of baby sitting experiences in this field, please do contact Mdm Liew at Tel: 6555 7509

I did went to the baby fair, but I never buy anything the crowd just make me feel like fainting. I even perspire when I was at the fair really have no mood to have a close look on everything. Anyway this was the first time I went for baby fair. And I don’t think I will wanna join the crowd again.
I went early at about 1130am and it was not so bad. But yes it got more and more crowded later in the day.

Hi im on behalf of my wife to be here.. EDD will be 3 March 2018 at TMC and nice to meet all the mummy here~~ would like to check is there any FB group or Whatsapp group that i can join for discussion & maybe meetup for mummy session for my wife together after birth.. :) get back to me thanks

IMG_3841.JPG
Hi to all March 2018 mummies! Just need help.. I'm 19 weeks pregnant, I just went for my monthly check up and had a glance of my baby.. Anybody can tell if this ultrasound pic is a boy or a girl? Thanks! Doctor didn't tell me though, as she said need to wait for my detailed scan on 08 Nov.

View attachment 689929 Hi to all March 2018 mummies! Just need help.. I'm 19 weeks pregnant, I just went for my monthly check up and had a glance of my baby.. Anybody can tell if this ultrasound pic is a boy or a girl? Thanks! Doctor didn't tell me though, as she said need to wait for my detailed scan on 08 Nov.
It looks like a boy to me because of something sticking out between the legs! In my case, there was nothing sticking out at 16 weeks so thought it was a girl and it was confirmed at my 20 week scan.

If I were to employ a CL myself rather than agency. What is the step to apply their Work Permit. It seen like there is a lot of paper wrk to do before she can come singapore. Could any1 advise..

Hello all March 2018 mummies!
My very first posting in forum! I'm a first time mommy and currently at my 20th week. :)
Are there any fb group or whatsapp group to join?

If I were to employ a CL myself rather than agency. What is the step to apply their Work Permit. It seen like there is a lot of paper wrk to do before she can come singapore. Could any1 advise..

if i am not wrong u need to apply temp work permit for the CL & just in case if she never attend course she have to attend the course as well

Congrats to all mummies....
Anyone here looking for confinement nanny?

in fact i tot of getting one Confinement Nanny in the first place but due to my EDD is around Early Mar so is consider CNY period Normal Market price for one Confinement Nanny is $2800 but if due to CNY Period is about $3.5K++

so have u brought other stuff already? btw your EDD will be when??

this is my #2 so basically everything just go stallroom dig and wash haha
only thing i need to buy is a sterilser then closer to date wil buy diaper and some of those daily use stuff.

edd end mar but should be induce early to mid mar due to medicial condition

My Edd is in first week of March. I think as long the due day doesn’t hit the first 3 days of CNY. I think will still be the market rate. Mayb u can try to call the confinement agency to get more information.

Hey mummies,
Wondering if your have decided on your delivery methods? My ideal would be normal delivery with epidural but at the same time, I’m worried about the costs of emergency c-sect if things don’t go according to plan.

Any mummies here have gone through or have any info on emergency c-sect? Do we have to pay for the hours used in the delivery room? (I assume one will need to use the delivery room for hours to try for normal delivery before being pushed into the operating theatre for an emergency c-sect) thanks

Hey mummies,
Wondering if your have decided on your delivery methods? My ideal would be normal delivery with epidural but at the same time, I’m worried about the costs of emergency c-sect if things don’t go according to plan.

Any mummies here have gone through or have any info on emergency c-sect? Do we have to pay for the hours used in the delivery room? (I assume one will need to use the delivery room for hours to try for normal delivery before being pushed into the operating theatre for an emergency c-sect) thanks

I think if you want normal then just stick with it and don't think too much.
Mine will be an induced natural delivery which is the same as my #1. I am at a higher risk of getting an E C-sect becoz it is an induced labour but things went well the last round. Praying the same this round too!

I think it will be a pro-rate cost of the delivery ward + C sect charges, definitely more expensive but we can't predict it.

My friend #2 was a E-C sect as doc found out her bb already start to poo inside midway thru her natural labour process so they decide to quickly operate to get bb out.

in fact i tot of getting one Confinement Nanny in the first place but due to my EDD is around Early Mar so is consider CNY period Normal Market price for one Confinement Nanny is $2800 but if due to CNY Period is about $3.5K++
aiyo so ex. U might as well go for agency?

UV like very ex no?

$300+ for a haelim.
My sis been using it for coming 4 years and she swears by it.
I use a normal sterilizer for my #1 and ditch it after 1 yr because we got to constantly pour the leftover water out once we sterilise and do descaling on a regular basis... We got lazy hahaha

I don't think i can use the traditional way of sterilizing in a pot of boiling water as i don't have time to look after an open fire.

$300+ for a haelim.
My sis been using it for coming 4 years and she swears by it.
I use a normal sterilizer for my #1 and ditch it after 1 yr because we got to constantly pour the leftover water out once we sterilise and do descaling on a regular basis... We got lazy hahaha

I don't think i can use the traditional way of sterilizing in a pot of boiling water as i don't have time to look after an open fire.
Wah really ah. Let me go watch some youtube vids on it. Actually if it doesn't cost me an arm or a leg, I don't mind paying abit more to get convenience and save some time.

Sterilizing in a pot of boiling water works too I guess but I'm way too lazy for this. Considering I have to do everything (well, almost) the CL does during the 1st month after she leaves, fuss-free SOPs are so impt!

Wah really ah. Let me go watch some youtube vids on it. Actually if it doesn't cost me an arm or a leg, I don't mind paying abit more to get convenience and save some time.

Sterilizing in a pot of boiling water works too I guess but I'm way too lazy for this. Considering I have to do everything (well, almost) the CL does during the 1st month after she leaves, fuss-free SOPs are so impt!

that what i do for my tippie tommie steam sterilizer then gotta descale once in a while. Maybe i am doing it the wrong way ahhaa.

I have a lot of bottles to wash coz i got 1 toddler and 1 infant in the future. my husband is very scare hahaa coz he is in charge of bottle washing ahhaha. Yes i also have to survive on my own during my maternity leave. My mum take 1 mth leave to take care of me then she will go back to work and resign when i am going back to work becoz her bonus period cut off in March.. weird timing.. hahah

Anyone bought Stokke from this online seller with Skype ID stokkesellerstore before? I found their posting on locanto. Price too good to be true. Claims to be based in UK.

that what i do for my tippie tommie steam sterilizer then gotta descale once in a while. Maybe i am doing it the wrong way ahhaa.

I have a lot of bottles to wash coz i got 1 toddler and 1 infant in the future. my husband is very scare hahaa coz he is in charge of bottle washing ahhaha. Yes i also have to survive on my own during my maternity leave. My mum take 1 mth leave to take care of me then she will go back to work and resign when i am going back to work becoz her bonus period cut off in March.. weird timing.. hahah

I've read some reviews and watched the demo vids on the Haenim UV sterilizer (3rd gen). Seems like a good product despite the price but hmmm a few things that bother me: 1) Have to change UV lamps annually & purchase of the UV lamps are only via TLO, 2) Bottles are said to smell & discolour abit after sterilization, 3) Seems like it doesn't come in a bundle regardless where it's sold right? Some of the electric steam sterilizers throw in additional stuff like teats and different size bottles which I thought was quite helpful.

Do these bother u?

I've read some reviews and watched the demo vids on the Haenim UV sterilizer (3rd gen). Seems like a good product despite the price but hmmm a few things that bother me: 1) Have to change UV lamps annually & purchase of the UV lamps are only via TLO, 2) Bottles are said to smell & discolour abit after sterilization, 3) Seems like it doesn't come in a bundle regardless where it's sold right? Some of the electric steam sterilizers throw in additional stuff like teats and different size bottles which I thought was quite helpful.

Do these bother u?

Not really.

I am aware of 1 & 2. i think Haenim give a free lamp with the bundle. Bottles does discolor abit (saw that on my niece bottles) but we should change every 3 mths anyway so it doesn;t matter. 3. yes no bundle given but since its #2 i don;t need and i intend to use pigeon bottles so doesn't matter for me either.

My previous tippie tommie bundle experience tells me.. i really only use the steamer nia and i didn't use the bottles. haha
Actually u get bottle bundles from buying breast pumps also so its ok also.

The only 1 thing is becoz i really dun want to have to dismantle the steam sterilizer every time when i pour out the left over water from steaming. you gotta remove the trays and stuff then u can pour away becoz the water are all collected at the bottom.. then I gotta wash the whole sterilizer after sometimes becoz it got slimy (i dunno if it is common) . we got busy and lazy so we only pour away the excess water once a day. Sometimes i forget to pour water inside and continue to steam.. hahahha
writing the above concrete my decision on getting a uv steriliser hahaha

The pro of a steam steriliser is that it takes less than 8mins (average) to sterilise the bottles so its really fast compare to UV which takes 30-45 mins for a full cycle.

Last edited:
Not really.

I am aware of 1 & 2. i think Haenim give a free lamp with the bundle. Bottles does discolor abit (saw that on my niece bottles) but we should change every 3 mths anyway so it doesn;t matter. 3. yes no bundle given but since its #2 i don;t need and i intend to use pigeon bottles so doesn't matter for me either.

My previous tippie tommie bundle experience tells me.. i really only use the steamer nia and i didn't use the bottles. haha

The only 1 thing is becoz i really dun want to have to dismantle the steam sterilizer every time when i pour out the left over water from steaming. you gotta remove the trays and stuff then u can pour away becoz the water are all collected at the bottom.. then I gotta wash the whole sterilizer after sometimes becoz it got slimy (i dunno if it is common) . we got busy and lazy so we only pour away the excess water once a day. Sometimes i forget to pour water inside and continue to steam.. hahahha

The pro of a steam steriliser is that it takes less than 8mins (average) to sterilise the bottles so its really fast compare to UV which takes 30-45 mins for a full cycle.

Haha. I have a 3-in-1 oven that has the steaming function where you pour water into a drawer located at the bottom of the oven. If we forget to throw out the water after some time, we do see particles floating about. It's quite freaky really. Yea so not looking forward to seeing the same thing in the sterilizer too.

I wonder if TLO allows pre-ordering for the upcoming Baby Land Fair at Suntec in Dec 2017. Their previous pre-order deal on Mummy's Market seems cheaper and they do throw in some lamps as well.

Haha. I have a 3-in-1 oven that has the steaming function where you pour water into a drawer located at the bottom of the oven. If we forget to throw out the water after some time, we do see particles floating about. It's quite freaky really. Yea so not looking forward to seeing the same thing in the sterilizer too.

I wonder if TLO allows pre-ordering for the upcoming Baby Land Fair at Suntec in Dec 2017. Their previous pre-order deal on Mummy's Market seems cheaper and they do throw in some lamps as well.

You know why i decide to stop using becoz i forget to empty the water and i did saw some particles. That time she is over 1.5yr and we don't sterilise that often anymore and eventually stop doing that becoz its a chore!

hm.. i didn't get to talk to them in the oct fair as its very crowded at their counter.

Not really.

I didn’t know it was such a chore for steam sterilizer. Do you have any idea on the radiation issue for UV? I got the impression during the oct fair that most prefer steam cos no radiation issue.

I think if you want normal then just stick with it and don't think too much.
Mine will be an induced natural delivery which is the same as my #1. I am at a higher risk of getting an E C-sect becoz it is an induced labour but things went well the last round. Praying the same this round too!

I think it will be a pro-rate cost of the delivery ward + C sect charges, definitely more expensive but we can't predict it.

My friend #2 was a E-C sect as doc found out her bb already start to poo inside midway thru her natural labour process so they decide to quickly operate to get bb out.

Yea let’s hope we can have natural deliveries safely and successfully!! I’ve been looking at the hospital rates these few days as I wanna confirm soon and some rates are quite expensive!

Yea let’s hope we can have natural deliveries safely and successfully!! I’ve been looking at the hospital rates these few days as I wanna confirm soon and some rates are quite expensive!

Yes... its crazy expensive to give birth now! prices seems to increase by 1-2k.
My friend doc fee is already 4k and she is gonna deliver in Glen E. can't imagine her total bill size

I did see him for 2nd opinion for both my pregnancies... machines indeed detailed! And Prof is detailed too and will share his experiences and views with you!

FYI the prof clinic closed already due to rental issue. He may or may not look for another place . That’s what the nurse told me when I wanted to go back for another scan

Hello all,

I'm expecting my first child so quite clueless. Haha. EDD is 14 March 2018.

Any Whatsapp group I can join to learn from everyone?

Hi, ladies,
m coming to 18 weeks & still no appetite, still bloated.. during evening & night time, it’s so bloated tt tummy feels like gg to explode.. anyone w same experience?

Hi, ladies,
m coming to 18 weeks & still no appetite, still bloated.. during evening & night time, it’s so bloated tt tummy feels like gg to explode.. anyone w same experience?
Hey Queenie, same same! No appetite & forever not hungry? Dinner only eat 1/2 portion of normal for me. My friend told me to drink more ginger ale to burp out the bloatedness once a day. But I think what works really well for me is the Feng You medicated oil. Whenever I feel too bloated to even sleep, I will put some on my stomach and it feels alot better after all the burping and farting! I am already 19 weeks!

Take care mummies!

Just to share:
I had started with my Antenatal class sessions. I find it quite informative for parenthood first-timers and especially for daddies. You may check with your hospital nurses for the sessions. Cheers! :)

Why not few of us here who active start with whatsapp group for mar baby

I also noticed there were a few "unattended whatsapp grp requests" including mine. hahaha..
Okay, so if anyone had started the whatsapp group can include me. Thanks. :)

Take care mummies!

Just to share:
I had started with my Antenatal class sessions. I find it quite informative for parenthood first-timers and especially for daddies. You may check with your hospital nurses for the sessions. Cheers! :)

Wa, thats great to hear. Did you go for weekly or monthly sessions? I've signed up for the intensive 1 day course due to hubs timing (unable to go for those weekly/monthly sessions). Looking forward to it!

Wa, thats great to hear. Did you go for weekly or monthly sessions? I've signed up for the intensive 1 day course due to hubs timing (unable to go for those weekly/monthly sessions). Looking forward to it!

Hi, i went for the weekly class.. About two sessions per week, a total of 6- 2hours sessions. :)

Hi everyone
I’m new to this forum
For the past few mths I have been going to a gynae but I’m feeling v umcomfy cos I feel negative with him.
I hv fibroids n I need to look for a good gynae Who does c sect at mount A. Any recommendations?
Looking desperately as it’s already 20 wks

Back