March 2018 Mummies

Hi, I see Yvonne Chan at TMC. How about you?

May I check around how many weeks would we usually know the gender?

Hi XYG, I am seeing Dr Benjamin Tham. I think it would be around 16 to 20 weeks for gender scan. I did harmony test so I already got my gender results 2 weeks ago. :)

Do you intend to go for any parentcraft classes organised by TMC?

I am seeing Dr Ben Tham at TMC.
Going for Oscar scan next week. Any idea usually how long to get the result?
Did anyone take up Thalassaemia test?
Hi Ningyoo, we shared the same gynae. When are you due? Not too sure about Oscar as I took harmony test. Yes I took thalassemia test as well.

Actually your wait seems short for subsidised! My last appt as a private patient, I was there from 2.45pm to 5.45pm for a 3.15pm appt. 2h wait for doc and another 1h for blood test and payment. I was wondering is it due to appt time. But I was rushing off and only realized I was given a 4.10pm appt for next visit when I was in the car. As usual, I can't change it cos appt is so packed.
Feels more like subsidised than private

O mi! thats really long!
I never wait more than 30mins when i was a private patient but i visit the Jurong clinic. I was always out of the clinic within an hr or lesser.
maybe you are seeing a popular doc? I was at the sapphire clinic for my oscar scan and i do notice the place is very crowded.
Not sure if emerald and ruby will be the same.

I am going to switch during my 20 weeks and take the package. Since their package starts at 22 weeks onwards.

Their package include the detailed scan at around 22 weeks.
hi! i read that not all visit the doc will do scanning for you if you take subsidized. is it true? so what will they do during your visit if there is no scanning?

hi! i read that not all visit the doc will do scanning for you if you take subsidized. is it true? so what will they do during your visit if there is no scanning?

They don't scan you every time even if you are a private patient, at least my gynae don't do that.
Their package doesn't include usual scans monthly scan that other private doc provide.

I think they scan lesser for sub patient, they will hear bb heartbeat

They don't scan you every time even if you are a private patient, at least my gynae don't do that.
Their package doesn't include usual scans monthly scan that other private doc provide.

I think they scan lesser for sub patient, they will hear bb heartbeat
thinking of converting to private patient to at least have the monthly scans. since private patient also the same, then no point converting already. haha. but do you know is it only nuh don't provide monthly scan? what abt sgh and kk?

thinking of converting to private patient to at least have the monthly scans. since private patient also the same, then no point converting already. haha. but do you know is it only nuh don't provide monthly scan? what abt sgh and kk?

my colleague was a kk sub patient, she say they don't scan monthly also. I think you can request to scan but just that have to pay for that fee. After a while will be use to it la. :p

my colleague was a kk sub patient, she say they don't scan monthly also. I think you can request to scan but just that have to pay for that fee. After a while will be use to it la. :p
thinking of that too. but doesn't seem worth if pay so much for each scan. might as well just take private package from outside. haha.

thinking of that too. but doesn't seem worth if pay so much for each scan. might as well just take private package from outside. haha.

Yap. Haha their scans are very ex! $100+ each time. At my last tri, doc scan for water level and they didn't charge me that much.
I stick to NUH becoz of my pregnancy history, i have to be on daily injection so the cost of that is cheaper for a sub patient.
If i have a normal pregnancy, i will choose other private practice.

Hi mummies, I’ve gained 4kg in my first trimester, is this too much and how shld I pace my weight gain in the second trimester?

Doc recommend to gain around 15kg if you are not overweight.

I am overweight so doc only allow me to gain 10kg, i gain about 7+ in my last pregnancy. Its very tough!!!!!

Try to limit sugar drinks and sweet stuff and don't have the concept of eating for 2.

Doc recommend to gain around 15kg if you are not overweight.

I am overweight so doc only allow me to gain 10kg, i gain about 7+ in my last pregnancy. Its very tough!!!!!

Try to limit sugar drinks and sweet stuff and don't have the concept of eating for 2.

I’ve got a normal BMI and I have been eating healthily, dunno why still gaining weight. Doc don’t suggest exercise for my case but only moderate walking which I do...hmmm

I did not have MS, which I think attributed to the weight gain. Only indigestion and no appetite for dinner

I’ve got a normal BMI and I have been eating healthily, dunno why still gaining weight. Doc don’t suggest exercise for my case but only moderate walking which I do...hmmm

I did not have MS, which I think attributed to the weight gain. Only indigestion and no appetite for dinner

water retention? maybe you can ask your doc if you are gaining too fast? i think it sounds ok.
sometime is a mystery!

Yes. That's correct. Usually if you have no complains, they will just let you listen to your baby heartbeat.

Wah still got vacancy or not?
I wanna join after I give birth :D

It is still okay that people (sort of) know what happened but didn't bluntly ask you about that.

My company ones, already denied (during the first 3 month) but still didn't give up and kept pestering for an answer.
Annoying lor..
I don't mind people asking about it - what i HATE vehemently are people who gossip behind my back about it /or if I am getting a beer belly. omg.

i am dying to say: "if you have not talked to me or even said hi over 2 years, what has my figure got to do with you?"

Last 2 weeks been busy arranging baby's room and shopping for essentials (to me). Feel too busy for how tired and achy and sick I feel. How does everyone manage to get everything?

I got:
3 X nursing bra
3 X post partum underwear
baby nail trimmer
thermometer

5X burp cloths
boppy pillow and washable cover
back pillows
nursing cover
3 hospital/ nursing gowns
1 maternity swimsuit
thermal herbal soup pot

converted maternity clothes for next few months/post partum which are:
1 denim shorts
1 navy formal pants
2 palazzo pants dark green, floral black
1 casual pants bright red

purchased:
2 formal dresses teal, floral
1 black casual dress with embellishments
1 navy casual work dress
1 navy silk dress
1 black linen one shoulder dress for events (die, not figured out the underwear for this yet!)
1 grey silk dress
1 black jeans
2 black tights

I think these 15 items plus neutral tops that match everything will be all i wear for the next year. Gave up packing and started giving my non fitting clothes away. Figure I will not want to wear that same style in 1-2 years time anyway. Sigh.

What's your take on having water kefir during pregnancy. My doc says it's ok to take a bit, not too much. But read from online, that's fermented drinks it's good.

Anyone have any recommendations for home based prenatal massages? I stay in Macpherson area.

Also, can I be added into the whatsapp group chat too?
Appreciate it! Thanks!

Hey ladies, I also had same problems then i start using best neck pillow (Aquagold shiatsu pillow hill). It is designed to perfectly support your head and neck as you sleep, especially with its unconventional shape. It is made of cold foam compounded with Aqua Gold silica which provides a comfortable sleep through the night. I bought it at online shop like (store.phitensg.com).

Anyone have any recommendations for home based prenatal massages? I stay in Macpherson area.

Also, can I be added into the whatsapp group chat too?
Appreciate it! Thanks!
Can PM me your number, I'll get the admin to add you in. I'm currently trying Warisan Massage for home prenatal.

Hi, ladies,
Have been a silent reader on this thread. EDD early Apr but probably ll deliver end mar as this will be c sec.

Today, I had some whitish / colourless discharge & m wondering if this is normal. I had a MC before & was spotting earlier during this pregnancy, so m quite worried. I m off utrogestan inserts already, so can't b the residual from it..

Any ladies here encounter such discharge? Would appreciate v much for any advice. Thank you in advance..

Hi, ladies,
Have been a silent reader on this thread. EDD early Apr but probably ll deliver end mar as this will be c sec.

Today, I had some whitish / colourless discharge & m wondering if this is normal. I had a MC before & was spotting earlier during this pregnancy, so m quite worried. I m off utrogestan inserts already, so can't b the residual from it..

Any ladies here encounter such discharge? Would appreciate v much for any advice. Thank you in advance..

I have discharge too since i am pregnant. Its watery most of the time and sometimes whitish.
I didn't thought of anything erm out of the norm, hehe. I have it during when i was having my #1 too.
I am not on any hormone support. :)

Hi, ladies,

The extra discharge is caused by an increase in hormone levels, so nothing to worry about!

Does anyone have any checklist of items to buy to prepare for baby's arrival? First time mum here, feeling noob and very lost. haha.

Hi, any one had done pre-order for the upcoming mummy market starting from 13 - 15 oct?
if so, how do we go about getting the Mummys Market Online $5 Voucher Code for our pre-order?

Hi mummies,

I am new to this group. My EDD is 22 March 2018. My gynae is Christopher Chong from Gleaneagles.

Any Facebook or whatsapp group to join? :)

Any mummies planning or have already signed up for any antenatal classes? Is it worth going and any recommendations? Seems like all the classes are quite expensive.

Hi all mummies!

I'm looking to sell the prenatal vitamins that I got from Dr Wendy Teo at Mount Elizabeth Novena.

It's new and seal has been broken but I have not consumed any. I will provide pics of the bottle with my name and receipt from clinic as proof of purchase.

Am selling these pills as I have to switch to liquid vitamin due to fear of swallowing tablets.

Please PM me for details, price is negotiable!

Good morning all.

Have not been sleeping well these few days - woke up at 4am+ almost everyday. Bad nauseousness and vomiting as well. Not any better than first trimester :(
Me too! Has been waking up at 4+ or 5+.. when i fall asleep back, will start to have all sorts of dreams..

Hello all mummy out there how have u all been? most mummy shd be on their half way through preggy. Jus 2 days more I’m going for the 20 weeks FA scan waited for one month finally get to see my little baby again n baby gender will be confirm too. Recently baby have been quite active in my tummy especially during late afternoon can feel it’s moving. Recently also have the urge to pee especially before bed time.. anyone have the same feeling.

Hello all mummy out there how have u all been? most mummy shd be on their half way through preggy. Jus 2 days more I’m going for the 20 weeks FA scan waited for one month finally get to see my little baby again n baby gender will be confirm too. Recently baby have been quite active in my tummy especially during late afternoon can feel it’s moving. Recently also have the urge to pee especially before bed time.. anyone have the same feeling.

Hello I am enjoying my 2nd trimester at 17 weeks now. My appetite has been improving and I can feel little flutter movements of my baby sometimes. I keep visiting the toilet too at night.

Yes! I just hit my 20 weeks mark ytd and done my FA scan at TMC ytd too. My little one had been kicking so actively, especially at night, it started off 1 week ago where its just 1-3 kicks a night, suddenly the frequency increased alot! ahaha, the sonographer also said she's very active. The frequent peeing is starting to come back too.

I'm going for my detailed scan next week! I'm not sure how to feel for baby's kicks, I think most of the time I am too engrossed in doing my own thing that I don't really feel any kicks. Only when I'm quite still, e.g. lying in bed or listening to some talk in an auditorium then I may feel what I *think* is baby kicking..

I'm trying to settle all the baby purchases and arrangements during 2nd trimester. Went baby fair last weekend at expo! Anyone went too? I was so surprised to see lots of ladies who look like in the 3rd trimester still walking the baby fair like no kick like that. Hope we can all be as energetic too :)

Hi mummies

Was wondering if i can join this group although my EDD is on 8 April and i assumed i might deliver early? for my first pregnancy i delivered 2 weeks plus early before due date..

Baby now is still small tat y the keep is not strong enough to feel it mayb jus a light movement.. any mummy become Big eaten every time feel hungry. As for me my appetite is still as usual 3 meals a day and some snack or milk before bed. Tat y my weight did not have a big jump. But still feeling tired always feel like resting on bed. Recently have been feeling quite dizzy not sure issit due to the hot weather.

I'm going for my detailed scan next week! I'm not sure how to feel for baby's kicks, I think most of the time I am too engrossed in doing my own thing that I don't really feel any kicks. Only when I'm quite still, e.g. lying in bed or listening to some talk in an auditorium then I may feel what I *think* is baby kicking..

I'm trying to settle all the baby purchases and arrangements during 2nd trimester. Went baby fair last weekend at expo! Anyone went too? I was so surprised to see lots of ladies who look like in the 3rd trimester still walking the baby fair like no kick like that. Hope we can all be as energetic too :)

I did went to the baby fair, but I never buy anything the crowd just make me feel like fainting. I even perspire when I was at the fair really have no mood to have a close look on everything. Anyway this was the first time I went for baby fair. And I don’t think I will wanna join the crowd again.

I did went to the baby fair, but I never buy anything the crowd just make me feel like fainting. I even perspire when I was at the fair really have no mood to have a close look on everything. Anyway this was the first time I went for baby fair. And I don’t think I will wanna join the crowd again.

we just collected what we pre-ordered and looked at the prams. other than that, yes, its pretty warm inside the hall!

Hello all, I am new to this group and a 1st time mother. Is there any what’s app group / Facebook group to join? Would love to learn from you all and sharing our mother to be life ;)

Baby now is still small tat y the keep is not strong enough to feel it mayb jus a light movement.. any mummy become Big eaten every time feel hungry. As for me my appetite is still as usual 3 meals a day and some snack or milk before bed. Tat y my weight did not have a big jump. But still feeling tired always feel like resting on bed. Recently have been feeling quite dizzy not sure issit due to the hot weather.

Its the weather! i am ok when i am working becoz i don't go non-aircon places for lunch and whole day in air con ofc.
Was feeling very terrible over the wkend and ytd when i am outside

Back