Vanishing twins

look4hope

Hi
I'd like to gather more info on vanishing twins. How long does it take for the 2nd sac to disappear?

I hv twins in my early scan with 2hb found.
Lost 1 hb n fetal pole ard week 8 & dr tell methis empty sac will soon b absorbed.

At week 12 scan, this 2nd sac is still around. I m worried how this might affect the surviving baby and wat this means for my oscar test.

Anyone still hv empty sac at week 12?

Hi
I'd like to gather more info on vanishing twins. How long does it take for the 2nd sac to disappear?

I hv twins in my early scan with 2hb found.
Lost 1 hb n fetal pole ard week 8 & dr tell methis empty sac will soon b absorbed.

At week 12 scan, this 2nd sac is still around. I m worried how this might affect the surviving baby and wat this means for my oscar test.

Anyone still hv empty sac at week 12?
It happened to me abt 3 years back which affected my oscar result. I had very high risk for T13 and T21 which i was quite sure was due to the vanishing twin. As we know, doc can't give us a guarantee so i went for 2nd opinion that cleared my surviving twin. Well the doc took a while to ne obsorb by the maternal body, but you will notice that it grows smaller every scan. If you are worred about the empty, ask your gynae again.

Hi
Thks. When u say u took 2nd opinion, wat did u do?
I m nt for gg for invasive testing which means risk of miscarriage. Am getting my oscar results back this coming week.

Hi
Thks. When u say u took 2nd opinion, wat did u do?
I m nt for gg for invasive testing which means risk of miscarriage. Am getting my oscar results back this coming week.
I went to another doc for a scan at week 13+. According to him, his machine can reconfirm and moderate the risk of T18 and T13 esp for such case because the risk level does not include blood result. Whereas d risk presented for oscar is a combination of analysis for blood and scan results. If your oscar results comes back ok, dun tink you need 2nd opinion. If you are only concern whether the empty amniotic sac will affect your baby, then seek advice from gynae.

I went to another doc for a scan at week 13+. According to him, his machine can reconfirm and moderate the risk of T18 and T13 esp for such case because the risk level does not include blood result. Whereas d risk presented for oscar is a combination of analysis for blood and scan results. If your oscar results comes back ok, dun tink you need 2nd opinion. If you are only concern whether the empty amniotic sac will affect your baby, then seek advice from gynae.

Hi can I know which doc u go to see?

Mine vanished or was absorbed prior to the week 20 detailed scan as the sonographer can’t see already. Was still there on week 15 scan but already smaller.

Back