Renewal of Filipino maid contract

My Filipino helper is with me for less than 2 years . Her WP is expiring in mid May and her passport in mid June. I'd like to DIY for her passport and WP renewal. Is it possible? I read from the Philippine Embassy online that you can only ask accredited agency to do passport renewal if the FDW is with the current employer for less than 2 years. Is that true?

What number of the Philippines Embassy should we call? Try a few numbers on the website, either no one picked up or directed to some automatic answering system

Hi all

Need some advice my contract will end this June and I still want to continue working with my employer, do we need to go agency again or direct embassy?? And what requirements are needed to fill up,,

Hi Eize

You can print out the Letter of Appointment (2sets) from the Philippines Embassy Website and go straight to the Philippines Embassy.
You may also want to scroll up to our 1st message.. juz follow accordingly.

My maid contract is ending on 1 aug 15 but she will only be leaving for home leave on 22 sep 15. Was given an OEC appointment on 20 jul 15. Do i need to have her new employment contract verifiy and appproved before the OCE appointment or can i do it on the same day? How long does it take for them to verify and approve the new contract?

icy-haze

I did my maid contact before her contact expires and I do it together w the OEC.
The certify of contact and certificates need about 3 working days.
Guess to play safe.. you do everything b4 her contract expires.
Also, pls make 3sets of your maid new WP card.

My Filipino maid contract are going to expire mid-Dec. Talked to her and she wants to re-contract for another 2 year with us ...
Checked with her passport still valid till 2018.

Now, i refer to above,

B. Name Hire

Balik Manggagawa (Passport Renewal / Regularization / Transfer / Homeleave
(FDW who has served continuously for at least 2 years with the same employer)

• Original copy of S$7,000.00 performance bond
  • OWWA
  • 2 original copies duly signed Standard Employment Contract
  • 2 copies of Undertaking of an Employer
  • 2 copies of worker’s work permit (3 copies if passport)
  • 1 copy of medical insurance
  • 1 copy of employer’s IC
Fees

• Authentication of Contract - $ 42.50
  • Verification of Contract – S$17.00
  • OWWA Membership – S$42.00
  • Overseas Employment Certificate – S$3.00
  • Pag-IBIG Monthly Contribution – S$5.50
  • Total - $110.00
QUESTIONS
---------------
Q1) 2 original copies duly signed Standard Employment Contract... What is this refer to? The maid hiring is done by agent. So, the original contract is what maid signed with agent?
Q2) Since renewal, does that mean that i need to download the official contract form from Philippine Embassy web site and fill up?
Q3) My maid told me her training certs and etc documents are still with the agent? Do we need all these training certs + original document, such as contract?

Sorry that this is my first attempt to apply renewal for my maid ... :)

Thanks.

Dear all,

My maid's work permit expires in Jun 16 and her passport expires in Jul 16. She would like to go for 3 weeks home leave in Jun 16. I thought 2 weeks is the norm? Will the 3 weeks be paid leave or 2 weeks of paid leave and 1 week of no pay leave? Do you increase her pay after her 2 years' contract? If yes, how much do you pay for her salary and offs?

Are there any issues that I take note of? Many thanks!

Dear all,

My maid's work permit expires in Jun 16 and her passport expires in Jul 16. She would like to go for 3 weeks home leave in Jun 16. I thought 2 weeks is the norm? Will the 3 weeks be paid leave or 2 weeks of paid leave and 1 week of no pay leave? Do you increase her pay after her 2 years' contract? If yes, how much do you pay for her salary and offs?

2 weeks of paid leave. The rest no pay leave. It depends on how much is her salary and There a formula on MOM website that show how you calculate the off day salary.

You have to go renew her passport now as it take 2 months to complete.

Dear all,

2 weeks of paid leave. The rest no pay leave. It depends on how much is her salary and There a formula on MOM website that show how you calculate the off day salary.

You have to go renew her passport now as it take 2 months to complete.

Thanks Kenny for sharing. Can I check with the rest how much did you increase your maid's pay? With their weekly offs, the maids do compare their increment and salary among themselves.

Dear all,

Can share what's your maid's salary now?

Also how often is the TB (or X-ray) medical checkup done? I noticed it's not done every 6 months. Usually only do VDRL and pregnancy test every 6 months and TB and HIV are done less frequently. How those who have maids for a long time, can share the frequency of X-ray done? Thanks!

Back