Subsidised patient at NUH/SGH?

meowycute

Is anyone a subsidised patient at NUH/SGH `s gynae? hows the dr service like? Are they very "bochup" like KKH? Im referring to subsidised, no set dr.. not those with private gynae thanks

Is anyone a subsidised patient at NUH/SGH `s gynae? hows the dr service like? Are they very "bochup" like KKH? Im referring to subsidised, no set dr.. not those with private gynae thanks
Hi I was a subsidized patient at NUH and just given birth there as well. I think the prenatal check up doctors for sub. patients are not very experienced, most of them are very young. They basically give 'textbook answers' during the check up but the doctors are friendly. You can try going as subsidized patient first and if you don't like it you can upgrade to private patient at week 22 where there is a package to take up.

Nonetheless I sticked on as a subsidized patient and gave birth to a healthy baby :)

Hi, I was also a subsidized patient at NUH for 4 times. My 1st was in 2001 n e last was in 2012. All 4 experiences were good from e check-ups till e deliveries n post-delivery care. Even met e doc who delivered my 1st child during my 4th child's appt check-up. For any reason that u r gg as a subsidized patient, dun worry much n enjoy ur pregnancy journey.

I am currently a subsidized patient with NUH. No set gynae.
I also find that the MOs are quite inexperienced. However, the service from the PSAs and sonographers are warm and friendly.

I am considering if I should take up the package when I turn 22 weeks because I'm concerned over which gynae will eventually perform the delivery.

For standard check-ups and scans though, it's acceptable. To me, I think every bit of money counts so I'll probably stick with the subsidy until later.

I am currently a subsidized patient with Nuh. Waiting time at clinic slightly long. I agree some gynea are young and will give u text book answers. But so far my experiences was good. I had threaten miscarriage twice and admitted too. Thinking of switching to private later on when the package kicks in...like miesmies said, every bit of money counts. haven't decide on which gynea yet though.
Some gynea I heard are already fully booked during my due date (mid October). But I have yet to enquire details on it from the nurses. Might do so during my details check up .

I was a subsidised patient in SGH in 2012. Half way upgraded to pte coz as subsidised patients can only chose 6 bedded ward! But my baby chose to come out while my gynae is away for 1 week vacation so I was delivered by another gynae (more patient)...kind of wasted money for pte gynae.

Is anyone able to share the cost of nuh checkup as a subsidized patient?

Consultation cost:
Ultrasound scan:
OSCAR test:
Detailed Fetal Test:

Hi I was a subsidized patient at NUH and just given birth there as well. I think the prenatal check up doctors for sub. patients are not very experienced, most of them are very young. They basically give 'textbook answers' during the check up but the doctors are friendly. You can try going as subsidized patient first and if you don't like it you can upgrade to private patient at week 22 where there is a package to take up.

Nonetheless I sticked on as a subsidized patient and gave birth to a healthy baby :)

Hi, are you able to share the costs as a subsidised patient?
Consultation fee:
Ultrasound:
Oscar test:
Detailed fetal test:

Hi,

I'm planning to deliver as a subsidized patient in nuh ward c. Anyone can share how experienced would the gynae on duty be who is going to tend to u while doing delivery? Is he minimally a consultant or? How about the anaesthetist giving epidural jabs?

Hi, are you able to share the costs as a subsidised patient?
Consultation fee: $40-50
Ultrasound: Haven't scan so far... no charge to update. only listen to heartbeat.
Oscar test: less than $200 with antenatal blood test.
Detailed fetal test: not done yet. update in 4 weeks time

Hi,

I'm planning to deliver as a subsidized patient in nuh ward c. Anyone can share how experienced would the gynae on duty be who is going to tend to u while doing delivery? Is he minimally a consultant or? How about the anaesthetist giving epidural jabs?

I am a private patient with them for my #1.
i think all natural delivery will be done in the delivery suite. I met a sub patient there during my #1.
My delivery was mostly monitored by nurses and duty docs (some are students i believe, coz when they break my water, 3 docs are there). The midwives and nurses are the ones who help me at the pushing stage. my doc came when i am fully dilate to deliver the baby and stitch the tear.

I dunno how senior my anesthetist is but it was quite painless for me. I remember he is on standby already so when i ask for epi, the doc came pretty fast.

Back