Pru First Gift or AIA Family First Baby Insurance

Hi can anyone let me know the comparison between these 2 policies?
Which is better?

To be frank, they are all about the same. Even the axa one also.. They work the same.. They are investment link plan. Now u buy protect u but when bb come out transfer to bb without any qns even bb has congenital issues.

Pregnancy complications also same.. Gives u a lump sum of $5000 I thk if any of the listed complication shall arise.

Just that some of the T&C diff, maybe the claim details. And when can start to buy this plan diff.

If ur bb is conceive via ivf only Aia covers.. If I didn't rmb wrongly, for all company, max they cover is twins. Triplets and above no have..

So u just see u like who lo.. And which company... Haha..

Hi can anyone let me know the comparison between these 2 policies?
Which is better?
Yes actually all companies almost same. Its investment linked plan and first plan for baby when born. Its the only plan that cover preggy mum like us.
For my first preggy this plan is not in the market in 06. For my second preggy in 2012 I din buy cause I thought not necessary. Nothing much will happen. But I got into pregnancy complication and placenta previa. Bill come to be 13k in total. Hospitalised for a mth and baby born at around the 8th mth. That time hosp plan din cover much preg complication and I cant claim. But my current third one I am getting. Minimum $100 per month to start... just my sharing.

Hi,yes, these two plans covers max 2 babies.depends on your own age and health condition.I am the consultant from yr pointed second company .but honestly speaking myself also did not buy this plan,because I gave birth my baby @ age 27,my own health condition,family health history ,lifestyle all quiet OK,and also I go to medical checkup regularly...These two plan the main benefit is not for the lump sum $5k(yes, it is too little),is the plan can transfer to baby without any underwriting...even the baby is not healthy, at least hold a insurance policy....so based on own situation , then decided is suitable for u or not? Thanks....
tips: During pregnancy ,having a happy mood is a must,and balanced diet habit will help you and baby.
Listen more prenatal education music...Enjoy the special time
If need any help can call/SMS to me, hp:93214536

AXA came out with Family Advantage last month. It does not have the Investment-link component. I am exploring to get this policy instead...
Do check it out if you are in the comparison stage :)

Yes actually all companies almost same. Its investment linked plan and first plan for baby when born. Its the only plan that cover preggy mum like us.
For my first preggy this plan is not in the market in 06. For my second preggy in 2012 I din buy cause I thought not necessary. Nothing much will happen. But I got into pregnancy complication and placenta previa. Bill come to be 13k in total. Hospitalised for a mth and baby born at around the 8th mth. That time hosp plan din cover much preg complication and I cant claim. But my current third one I am getting. Minimum $100 per month to start... just my sharing.

Hi mama joanne, just curious what are the questions asked during the assessment? At first i consider to buy but my agent asked alot of questions and i felt uncomfortable so decided to drop. But after reading your post i have 2nd tots. Cos my current pregnancy is medicated and need alot of support. I don't like to do those assessments whereby they asked alot of sensitive questions. I had a few miscarriages previously...will such cases be excluded?

I have same question as mangoyoyo. I had a few miscarriages previously, also got endo. Wants to know for my next pregnancy, will they be covered?

if you are interested, I can share more info with you on the comparison of all plans, pregnancy complications, congenital illnesses etc.. ;) most importantly, don't give yourself any pressure, relax and breathe!

Hi carinatan,

Can PM (private message) me the details. My husband is currently busy with work until next Wed. After that, we will start making a decision on what health insurance to buy, as both of us do not have any at the moment. My husband is of sound health, no obvious issues at the moment; but that is pending his semen analysis report which will be reviewed with the high-risk pregnancy and recurrent miscarriages professor Prof Choolani on Sept 25 (Fri) morning.

there will be a questionnaire to be answered if you decided to get a prenatal plan. whether insurer will accept your case, depends on when was the miscarriage. if it's before 1st trimester, it's okay. if it's later than that, need to declare.
I ok to declare but i duno wat kind of questions to expect. Will they ask.fertility questions? Because the first thing my agent asked is if mine is natural. I just don't like to be questioned like a criminal after gg thr so much to carry my bb till this stage. Some of the things she said made me worry if my bb will be pre mature or other complications may arise.

Hi,
Noticed that most of insuranc like AIA and Prudential have investment link.
For Family First AIA and Pru First Gift.
I dont want to get this as later on we may move out of the country and we cannot get back the investment link portion.
I saw that Great Eastern Maternity Plan dont have the investment link and may consider.

However, my concern if baby need to be in ICU due to premature I know insurance will cover.
But based on my findings, prudential will cover Premature birth expenses only if hospitalized in Singapore. For AIA they say if hospitalized overseas still can claim ICU expenses. Howabout Great eastern and rest of insurance?

Do you know which maternity insurance dont have
Investment link?

Hi,
I dont want to get this as later on we may move out of the country and we cannot get back the investment link portion.
I saw that Great Eastern Maternity Plan dont have the investment link and may consider.

However, my concern if baby need to be in ICU due to premature I know insurance will cover.
But based on my findings, prudential will cover Premature birth expenses only if hospitalized in Singapore. For AIA they say if hospitalized overseas still can claim ICU expenses. Howabout Great eastern and rest of insurance?

Investment link?

Hi Redmustard, I found this article that may be useful in aiding you with the comparison. I've included the link below
https://zuuonline.sg/money/insurance/best-maternity-insurance-plans-in-singapore/.

I can share more information about Great Eastern's Plan, just PM me if you're interested in finding out more!

Hi,

Investment link?

Hello Redmustard,

While you are still researching on NICU coverage, you can check out www.babycare.com.sg which basically features complimentary newborn coverage that comes as part of Parkway Hospitals' maternity packages. This has just been launched last month.

Basically 20 congenital illnesses covered at no additional cost (you only pay for the maternity package costs), no investment link, no underwriting required. Do find out more on the website.

Hope this helps!
:)

Hi,

Investment link?

Hello Redmustard,

I'm a Consultant from GE. Our Flexi Maternity Cover is a stand alone baby plan where you do not need to have investment link.
Although it only covers $5,000 or $10,000 (depends on which option you choose) and also ICU & HDU in Singapore only, but it covers mummies-to-be from as early as 13th week of pregnancy. It has also Guaranteed Insurability Benefit + exclusive premium voucher for both Mummy & Baby where you have the option to choose if you want to buy any other plan for you & your baby in the future.

If you need more info, can whatsapp/sms me at 9350 7303.

Hi,

Investment link?

My agent told me that there are 2 companies that are standalone, term plan - NTUC and GE.
She compared with me those 2 versus the 3 ILP plans and I went ahead with the NTUC.
I like her, cos she was very objective in explaining the pros and cons of each plan with me and she is from an independant firm. You can contact her at 97108956 if you are keen.

My agent told me that there are 2 companies that are standalone, term plan - NTUC and GE.
She compared with me those 2 versus the 3 ILP plans and I went ahead with the NTUC.
I like her, cos she was very objective in explaining the pros and cons of each plan with me and she is from an independant firm. You can contact her at 97108956 if you are keen.

you took the Maternity 360 plan?

Back