December 2017 mummies

Did anyone attend birthing class? Is it useful?

We are attending the antenatal class at NUH even though we're not delivering there as they seems to have quite a comprehensive syllabus. Sure, there are probably some things that you may have already read online but I still find it quite helpful as there's probably bits and pieces that we've missed out. Plus it's a more reliable source of information as some stuffs online can be just collective opinions/myths, some of which may not be quite right. So for me I guess it's considered quite useful, particularly for 1st time parents.

If you're considering one, do act fast as you may not have enough time to complete it before your delivery. I'm not sure about the schedule of other providers. For NUH, we sign up quite early and is only able to start the class about a month or 2 after. And with a once a week class schedule, it'll take about 2 months to complete unless you choose the 1 day express class (but I think they probably leave out quite a bit of stuffs). :)

Even your baby's head is engaged (turned down) now, it can change any time as they are still moving a lot. The position can change up to 37 or 38 weeks. But by now your pelvic should feel a little heavier because our babies are much bigger now so the pressure is starting to feel obvious.

Thank you.
Today when I was "doing my big business" I realise the amount of fresh blood in my stools. I was shocked. Is that normal? Constipated thou.

Ok. Was really shocked to see fresh blood and I told my hub that is there a possibility that I might have colon cancer. :eek: since stools in blood is one of the symptoms :(
eh i dont think it's so serious yet
but not good to always have blood stool so better get it from doc,drink more water & vegs & fruits too. my constipation only lasted awhile & it went off le

eh i dont think it's so serious yet
but not good to always have blood stool so better get it from doc,drink more water & vegs & fruits too. my constipation only lasted awhile & it went off le
Hahaha! I have serious constipation even before when I was pregnant. But I never encounter blood stools before that's why quite alarming to me. :D

have anyone started buying baby stuff like baby cot etc? i am wondering if i should get baby cot or playpen

The little one woke me up the other night after giving me a good kick inside. I was asleep and woke up with a scream, clutching my tummy... saw that one side of my tummy was "poking out". I rubbed that pointed part of my tummy then felt him retract his leg (or arm?). Gave my husband a scare. Anyone got beaten up from inside too? Hahaha.

Any mummies experience tight tummy whenever you lay flat at your back?

It's normal... I'm a back sleeper. Tummy will feel tighter because it spills out the sides. I try to sleep on my left but I find that my nose is blocked every time I sleep on my left...

The little one woke me up the other night after giving me a good kick inside. I was asleep and woke up with a scream, clutching my tummy... saw that one side of my tummy was "poking out". I rubbed that pointed part of my tummy then felt him retract his leg (or arm?). Gave my husband a scare. Anyone got beaten up from inside too? Hahaha.
mine is starting too! but not super hard kicks yet

Me, I experienced that too.

Hi! i am looking for a pre and post natal massage lady too!

new to this forum, my EDD is 29/12/17! and is there any whatsapp chatgroup for EDD Dec 2017 mums?

Hi, my EDD 11/01/2018, but I choose an elective surgery by the end of Dec. Currently still examining which OG I'll choose for my final surgery, I visited 4 OGs at the moment. Since I'm quite familiar with the medical standard and safety, now my concern is more about aesthetic. Don't wanna leave an ugly scar on my tummy Lol.

Anyone planning to get HL to rest at home before delivery? If gynae doesnt issue HL, can we just walk in to hospital to request for HL?
I will request for it. Heard we can request from week37? Correct me if im wrong.
I think u hv to get frm ur gynae. He/she will give if requested. I see no why cannot cos we also need to rest! :)

Thanks! Cause I tried asking when i was in first tri as i was feeling terrible and my mc were all used up. My gynae told me he cant issue unless hospitalised. So i was thinking if i can get it from hospital instead before delivery.
I guess it also depends on individual gynae. i did took few days of HL cos my mc almost used up..

Hope u able to get it and have a good rest b4 bb arrive. :)

Does anyone experiencing less kicking from the baby? Should I be worried..?
Ur appt coming soon? Can raise ur concern to ur gynae?

I rem reading somewhere that we should start countint baby movements frm after 30weeks or something.

Hope the experience mummies can advise u..

Ur appt coming soon? Can raise ur concern to ur gynae?

I rem reading somewhere that we should start countint baby movements frm after 30weeks or something.

Hope the experience mummies can advise u..

The appointment it's in two weeks though. But It's moving again after I drank lots of water! Probably she's dehydrated. thank you so much!

Hi I just joined today!

Feeling a bit scared cos last sat went for the glucose test. This sat an appt with my gynae.
Everytime I go for my gynae appt, she'll say that I gained weight too fast.
And I'm supposed to maintain at my current weight for another 2 mths which I think it's not possible honestly. :(

My edd's 3rd Dec!

Hahaha! I have serious constipation even before when I was pregnant. But I never encounter blood stools before that's why quite alarming to me. :D

I had it quite often in the 2nd trim. TOO HEATY!!!
Now better already but sometimes when I eat heaty food again, no blood but shit damn painful. gotta angle. lol

have anyone started buying baby stuff like baby cot etc? i am wondering if i should get baby cot or playpen

I bought most of the stuff at baby fairs already! Good deal must buy!
But haven't gotten confinement lady and the jamu massage. And thinking of hiring those part time cleaning service weekly.

Hi! i am looking for a pre and post natal massage lady too!

new to this forum, my EDD is 29/12/17! and is there any whatsapp chatgroup for EDD Dec 2017 mums?

same I'm also looking. I'm quite skeptical after reading some of the 'recommendations' by new members on other threads.
Hoping to get one from agency that has facebook also so can check out the reviews.

Did anyone attend birthing class? Is it useful?

I'm currently attending the one by Dr Wong - Thomson Medical. She's really good. Every time after class I always feel that I learnt a lot. Though, I duno how useful it would be to me on the actual day cos I'm still the kancheong type. Keeping calm takes a lot of effort from me. lol

Hi sashanoh, I booked mine with agency. Initially wanted to book the CL that my friend used, but she wanted me to confirm within the same weekend that i contacted her, at that time i was not 12 weeks yet, hubby said wait till pregnancy is stable. During that time saw some bad reviews of last min CL disappearing, or was not up to expectations.After 12 weeks we asked the very common and popular CL agency, signed the next day. TBH the agency CL fee was a few hundred bucks cheaper than the freelance CL... and have free replacement, so we took the chance :)

If it's not too intruding, which agency did you book with?
Cos I haven't book yet. Actually I don't really want one so I didn't bother looking in the earlier stage, but my mum kept nagging. And everyone around me also.

hi all...i am in week 27 and my tummy suddenly grow big. do u gals have the same experience? and where you get your maternity wear?

hi all...i am in week 27 and my tummy suddenly grow big. do u gals have the same experience? and where you get your maternity wear?

same for me also. Suddenly got big. I didn't get any. Cos my own clothing all can stretch. I just wear those looser fit ones.

I bot some from ezbuy and jump eat cry... or u can also try uniqlo as i think some outlets recently carry maternity wear...

Hi mummies!

Currently 29 weeks today. Just went for the glucose test this morning. My gynae say they will call me in 2-3days time. Any mummies did not pass their glucose test? *quite worried* didn't really watch my sugar intake all along.

Baby weight is about 1.35kg and gynae say its a lil overweight for 29 weeks as I only gain 2kg so far (currently 49.5kg).

He said that for my size if I were to choose natural birth the maximum I can take up to 3.2kg weigh of my baby. If baby weighs more than 3.2kg during labour then I have to go for c Sec.

Any mummies situation is the same as me?:(

Hi mummies!

Currently 29 weeks today. Just went for the glucose test this morning. My gynae say they will call me in 2-3days time. Any mummies did not pass their glucose test? *quite worried* didn't really watch my sugar intake all along.

Baby weight is about 1.35kg and gynae say its a lil overweight for 29 weeks as I only gain 2kg so far (currently 49.5kg).

He said that for my size if I were to choose natural birth the maximum I can take up to 3.2kg weigh of my baby. If baby weighs more than 3.2kg during labour then I have to go for c Sec.

Any mummies situation is the same as me?:(

Mine 30 wks. I gained 10kg as of now. So now 63kg. Super sad. Duno hard to lose after that not.
Baby weight 1.64kg. A little on the heavier side. But I hear this from my gynae since the very beginning. Immune oredy.
She didnt tell me how much is the maximum weight but that day told me still aiming for vaginal birth. And to watch my weight.

hi mummies, im at week 28 now. i feel like my appetite is gone again since week 27,just like my 1st trimester. anybody experience that? my weight gain started to gain very slowly compared to 2nd trimester too

Mine 30 wks. I gained 10kg as of now. So now 63kg. Super sad. Duno hard to lose after that not.
Baby weight 1.64kg. A little on the heavier side. But I hear this from my gynae since the very beginning. Immune oredy.
She didnt tell me how much is the maximum weight but that day told me still aiming for vaginal birth. And to watch my weight.

Same here. Gonna cut down carbo intake.

hi mummies, im at week 28 now. i feel like my appetite is gone again since week 27,just like my 1st trimester. anybody experience that? my weight gain started to gain very slowly compared to 2nd trimester too
Throughout my pregnancy I didn't eat especially much. Just normal like before. Even up till now 29 weeks, same situation with you. And I thought baby would be small. But who knows baby gain more than me.

not for me. i am at week 27 and gain about 4 kg so far. baby about 1 kg. i am on the heavier side before pregnancy so gynae keep asking me to watch my diet:(:(

Same here... sumtimes i feel nausea and no appetite..
I think i gain 1-2kg after my last visit but hv to see what my gynae say when im gg to see this week.

Jiayou! Entering 3rd trimester le.

Time to wash bb clothes n pack hospital bag...

not for me. i am at week 27 and gain about 4 kg so far. baby about 1 kg. i am on the heavier side before pregnancy so gynae keep asking me to watch my diet:(:(
i gained about 5kg so far but he din say anything about me overweight
baby weigh almost 1kg about 3weeks ago

Same here... sumtimes i feel nausea and no appetite..
I think i gain 1-2kg after my last visit but hv to see what my gynae say when im gg to see this week.

Jiayou! Entering 3rd trimester le.

Time to wash bb clothes n pack hospital bag...
i start to feel dizzy at times then heart palpitations,feeling very tired too
have to force myself to eat more nowadays otherwise i feel im not taking in enough nutrients.

n yes! jiayou to our 3rd trimester!

i start to feel dizzy at times then heart palpitations,feeling very tired too
have to force myself to eat more nowadays otherwise i feel im not taking in enough nutrients.

n yes! jiayou to our 3rd trimester!
Bring up to ur gynae so he / she can monitor.
I think we wil hv alot of discomfort. Like leg swelling, backache n etc...
Jus eat what u can stomach in.
Have more fruits n vegetables... :)

Bring up to ur gynae so he / she can monitor.
I think we wil hv alot of discomfort. Like leg swelling, backache n etc...
Jus eat what u can stomach in.
Have more fruits n vegetables... :)
yah.. i start to feel leg soreness more often nowadays then sit also not as comfortable as before. gonna see my gynae this sat,so will check with her. thanks mummy!

yah.. i start to feel leg soreness more often nowadays then sit also not as comfortable as before. gonna see my gynae this sat,so will check with her. thanks mummy!
Cos our tummy is getting bigger thats y u will feel uncomfortable.. n my gynae always said walk n do things slowly... jiayou!

hi. im new to this site.. any malaysian mummy and singaporean husband here?

my wife due this december feeling happy.
would like to ask how much is the cost if my wife to be deliver in hospital columbia?

Mummies, is it normal to have swollen itchy and sore vulva at times due to our discharge? A little painful at times. Any one encounter the same? *shy*

Back