2017 IVF mummies

True lo.. likely false positive.. but keep fingers crossed..

u can try test on day 12. i had a negative on day 10. then test again when nearer. it show positive. so keep ur finger crossed. blood test is more accurate for us.

Hi, any IVF mum who has purchased maternity insurance? Apart from the compulsory neonatal insurance?

Only AXA and AIA available for us. I'm getting AXA, just settled documents few days ago. Waiting for them to respond and send me policy documents.

Yeah, and mine are twins. The extra loading is abt $700. But we decided to go for it due to potential risks during the pregnancy.
How many weeks are you at now?
I suppose for twins, the risks are probably higher. Mine's a singleton and I'm undecided if its worth it to pay $700 plus for limited coverage.

How many weeks are you at now?
I suppose for twins, the risks are probably higher. Mine's a singleton and I'm undecided if its worth it to pay $700 plus for limited coverage.

I'm 20w now :)

Frankly, I think if I have singleton, I wouldn't have purchased.

I didn buy any extra insurance. Only paid the one for ivf during the ET.

Actually this insurance bought during IVF should suffice right? It is more for the babies if they need to be placed in NICU which is really the bulk of the costs.

Actually this insurance bought during IVF should suffice right? It is more for the babies if they need to be placed in NICU which is really the bulk of the costs.

Yup. N i think is up till bb is 6 mths old. U can check the brochure again if u have paid for the ivf insurance. For my no 1 n current no 2 i also didn bought any extra insurance. Got the ivf insurance coverage is good enough i feel

Yup. N i think is up till bb is 6 mths old. U can check the brochure again if u have paid for the ivf insurance. For my no 1 n current no 2 i also didn bought any extra insurance. Got the ivf insurance coverage is good enough i feel

Thanks! I got the IVF insurance from GE too. Yep, now upon looking through the policy, i think there is no need for a maternity insurance; payout is not significant and this GE IVF insurance is less restrictive. If I got it right, as long as neonates are placed in ward level or 3, can claim but for eg AXA's it's claimable only for certain conditions.

May i know after miscarriage, and operation take out the baby, how long will menses..i dun have menses for a month already

Hi all, am scheduled to undergo for csection in a week’s time. Can i ask which abdominal binder is good for post natal or the binders provided by the hospital (am delivering in tmc) is good enough ?

appreciate your inputs and thanks in advance.

Hi ladies, can I check when do your doctors make you stop progesterone pessaries (or crinone) after your BFP? I'm told to stop tomorrow (week 5) and only rely on duphastron (progesterone pills) and I'm really worried.....

Hi ladies, can I check when do your doctors make you stop progesterone pessaries (or crinone) after your BFP? I'm told to stop tomorrow (week 5) and only rely on duphastron (progesterone pills) and I'm really worried.....

Once BFP, you can stop the crinone anytime. At KKH, the crinone is good to last until the day of blood test. Duphaston will be good enough thereafter. You probably don’t want to keep using crinone in case it causes spotting. Essentially my doctor didn’t want me to insert anything into the vagina. Even when I had very slight yeast infection which wasn’t causing much discomfort, he didn’t want me to use pessaries. I totally understand where he’s coming from cos the stress and fear when there is spotting, is a tad too much to bear especially for a IVF pregnancy.

Once BFP, you can stop the crinone anytime. At KKH, the crinone is good to last until the day of blood test. Duphaston will be good enough thereafter. You probably don’t want to keep using crinone in case it causes spotting. Essentially my doctor didn’t want me to insert anything into the vagina. Even when I had very slight yeast infection which wasn’t causing much discomfort, he didn’t want me to use pessaries. I totally understand where he’s coming from cos the stress and fear when there is spotting, is a tad too much to bear especially for a IVF pregnancy.
Thanks for your response...I'm just worried cos in the last pregnancy I had, i started spotting 4 days after stopping crinone..I'm not sure if the drop in progesterone caused that..(i subsequently had a miscarriage).
Did u spot in your first trimester?

Thanks for your response...I'm just worried cos in the last pregnancy I had, i started spotting 4 days after stopping crinone..I'm not sure if the drop in progesterone caused that..(i subsequently had a miscarriage).

Yes I had 3 episodes of spotting: first 2 were brown discharge and third time was fresh blood. I think the first 2 spotting were caused by slight yeast infection. The 3rd spotting was likely due to me having difficulty in inserting the pessary for the infection after a few days of treatment. Was scared out of my wits with the fresh blood spotting and went to KK O&G. Luckily the cervix remained closed. I actually had weekly progesterone jab so was really worried when I had fresh blood spotting.

If you have spotting, ask the doctor for a progesterone jab. The spotting should stop a couple of days after the jab. You should also continue with the duphaston.
All the best!

Take progesterone throughout the first trimester

Diff hospitals have diff protocols.. I was fr NUH, and on top of daily crinone, because I was spotting frequently, had 3 jabs of progesterone every week. Only week 11 & 12 that it dropped to 2 jabs.

I've a friend who was at KKH, same as you, had an earlier miscarriage. So when she BFP the second time, she consulted a private gynae who did a blood test and told her that her progesterone levels were too low to support pregnancy. So she was on supports from both hospital and private gynae.

If you're very worried, speak to your gynae from KKH first? And no harm seeking a second opinion like my friend if you'd like.

Diff hospitals have diff protocols.. I was fr NUH, and on top of daily crinone, because I was spotting frequently, had 3 jabs of progesterone every week. Only week 11 & 12 that it dropped to 2 jabs.

I've a friend who was at KKH, same as you, had an earlier miscarriage. So when she BFP the second time, she consulted a private gynae who did a blood test and told her that her progesterone levels were too low to support pregnancy. So she was on supports from both hospital and private gynae.

If you're very worried, speak to your gynae from KKH first? And no harm seeking a second opinion like my friend if you'd like.
Thank you, yes that's a good idea..I really can't bear the thought of losing this one..I saw on forum overseas that ivf patients were prescribed crinone all the way till week 12...To stop at week 5 is just very very scary for me...

Thank you, yes that's a good idea..I really can't bear the thought of losing this one..I saw on forum overseas that ivf patients were prescribed crinone all the way till week 12...To stop at week 5 is just very very scary for me...

For NUH it's crinone daily, and two jabs per week all the way to week 12

So it really is dependent on hospitals/doctors

But don't worry too much! Keep channeling positive thoughts!

For NUH it's crinone daily, and two jabs per week all the way to week 12

So it really is dependent on hospitals/doctors

But don't worry too much! Keep channeling positive thoughts!
That seems like so much better support than the 2duphaston tablets I was prescribed!.....
Today is the last day I'm supposed to be on crinone so I'm now searching for private gynae that is familiar with IVF to take my case in short notice any recommendations are welcome!

Hi Snow19, by progesterone you mean the pills right? Were u asked to stop on your progesterone vaginal inserts as well?

Im only ask to take the progesterone pill which is the duphaston throughout the first trimester. The vagina insert after BFP no need to insert le.

That seems like so much better support than the 2duphaston tablets I was prescribed!.....
Today is the last day I'm supposed to be on crinone so I'm now searching for private gynae that is familiar with IVF to take my case in short notice any recommendations are welcome!

Are u under dr tan hh? U can seek his opinion? If u have spotting or miscarriage previously he normally will give u the support jab n maybe will let u continue the insert

for NUH, they gave me these.

after transfer til confirmation of pregnancy:
1 crinone daily
6 ugestrone daily
4 estrofem daily

after confirmation of pregnancy til week 12:
1 crinone daily
3 ugestrone daily (week 7 onwards reduce to 2, week 9 onwards reduce to 1, stop week 10)
2 estrofem daily (week 7 onwards reduce to 1, stop week 10)
2 duphaston daily all the way til week 12
twice a week proluton jab (from week 8 onwards, once a week) i think initially was 500mg, then reduced to 250mg.

for NUH, they gave me these.

after transfer til confirmation of pregnancy:
1 crinone daily
6 ugestrone daily
4 estrofem daily

after confirmation of pregnancy til week 12:
1 crinone daily
3 ugestrone daily (week 7 onwards reduce to 2, week 9 onwards reduce to 1, stop week 10)
2 estrofem daily (week 7 onwards reduce to 1, stop week 10)
2 duphaston daily all the way til week 12
twice a week proluton jab (from week 8 onwards, once a week) i think initially was 500mg, then reduced to 250mg.

Yup sorry didn't clarify earlier. Mine was the dosage given for medicated frozen transfer.

@PlanStork gave you the dosage for a fresh transfer in the copied message.

Hi all, am scheduled to undergo for csection in a week’s time. Can i ask which abdominal binder is good for post natal or the binders provided by the hospital (am delivering in tmc) is good enough ?

appreciate your inputs and thanks in advance.

Congrats ... where are u going to deliver? I got mine after I pop in KK. The nurse there measured n told me which one to buy

Yup sorry didn't clarify earlier. Mine was the dosage given for medicated frozen transfer.

@PlanStork gave you the dosage for a fresh transfer in the copied message.
Thanks everyone for your advice! I called Kkivf hotline and they helped me ask my Dr if I could have additional crinone support given that I miscarried previously..Dr prescribed 1crinone daily on top of the 2duphastrons daily..

On top of that I went to another private dr to seek 2nd opinion..He say the progesterone dosage is enough and said that I can go to his clinic for progesterone jabs if any spotting..He also did ultrasound and saw that little sac at the right location now..At least if any spotting I feel assured that I'm in good hands... :)

Thanks everyone for your advice! I called Kkivf hotline and they helped me ask my Dr if I could have additional crinone support given that I miscarried previously..Dr prescribed 1crinone daily on top of the 2duphastrons daily..

On top of that I went to another private dr to seek 2nd opinion..He say the progesterone dosage is enough and said that I can go to his clinic for progesterone jabs if any spotting..He also did ultrasound and saw that little sac at the right location now..At least if any spotting I feel assured that I'm in good hands... :)

Yay good! :)

Anyway first trimester spotting is supposedly quite common, so don’t freak out if you do ok?

Dear mummies,

I am Davina Seet of ACS (Independent). I am doing my extended essay as part of my IB requirement. My area of research is on the revised co-funding scheme of ART and I found this support group through a church member.

I understand some may find this issue sensitive, if you are uncomfortable there is no need to answer this! However, if you are open to answering this survey, please help to fill it up! Thank you!

https://goo.gl/forms/SZJ7xTJvvXhKn5HC3

Hi ladies
I need some advices as I have just failed my first fresh cycle. I still have 3 more embryos to try.

1. If I change doctor do I need to Re-Q for my FET? How Long will that take?

2. If I stick to the current doctor how Long will I be able to do my FET?

3. When you guys doing the ET, are you all able to see from the screen that the embryo is put into the uterus? For my the doctor didn’t scan at all just insert and that’s it. Iwasn’t even ask to lie down n rest for a few mins.

4. Do you all think the doc that put theembryo into us matters? All all docs are thesame?

Need help as I am in a dilemma whether to change my doc to DR Tan a not.

Thank you first

Hi ladies
I need some advices as I have just failed my first fresh cycle. I still have 3 more embryos to try.

3. When you guys doing the ET, are you all able to see from the screen that the embryo is put into the uterus? For my the doctor didn’t scan at all just insert and that’s it. Iwasn’t even ask to lie down n rest for a few mins.

4. Do you all think the doc that put theembryo into us matters? All all docs are thesame?

Thank you first

1) not sure if u change doc will take long ma
2) required for another FET is after 1-2 month for ur menses to come
3) no u wont be able to see the dr insert in for u that part. But u can see the embryo at the screen Before passing it to the dr n insert in. Before insert the embryo the nurse will need to scan ur bladder to make sure is full she will let u see the womb n bladder. N after that u will be required to lie down for awhile n wait for the embryologist to explain to u abt the grade of the embryo being put in.
4) i under dr tan hh so not sure abt the rest of doc so cant comment much

1) not sure if u change doc will take long ma
2) required for another FET is after 1-2 month for ur menses to come
3) no u wont be able to see the dr insert in for u that part. But u can see the embryo at the screen Before passing it to the dr n insert in. Before insert the embryo the nurse will need to scan ur bladder to make sure is full she will let u see the womb n bladder. N after that u will be required to lie down for awhile n wait for the embryologist to explain to u abt the grade of the embryo being put in.
4) i under dr tan hh so not sure abt the rest of doc so cant comment much
Hi snow

Thank you for your reply. The nurse Nor doc didn’t even scan my bladder. I wanted very Long as doc was attending to an emergency. When he came I just lie down and did the procedure. I pee n pee before he came bcos not sure when he is coming. I don’t think my bladder is full.

Hi ladies

Thank you first

I changed doc after my 1st fresh and 1st FET.

From what I understand, FET have to be at least 3 months after a fresh cycle, so whether your change doc or not, you can proceed with your FET at your next menses after your 1st appt with the new doc or after the 3rd menses with your current doc, which ever is later.

With my previous doctor, he also did not scan bladder or scan while placing the embryos.
With Dr Tan, he will scan bladder and scan while placing embryos BUT you cannot see as the screen is facing him, unless your trf happened to be in OT (which happened to me once since it was a Sat afternoon).

I think whether or not to change it is your comfort level with your current doctor.
What triggered me to change doctor was that from the very 1st appt with the doc, I already felt uncomfortable as he was a guy with few words. Did not explain much and did not answer my questions clearly. I only proceeded with him as hubby felt that doc was ok and did not want to go through the hassle of changing and requeing. But after failing 2 cycles, I insisted on changing and I am comfortable with Dr Tan ever since.

I changed doc after my 1st fresh and 1st FET.

From what I understand, FET have to be at least 3 months after a fresh cycle, so whether your change doc or not, you can proceed with your FET at your next menses after your 1st appt with the new doc or after the 3rd menses with your current doc, which ever is later.

With my previous doctor, he also did not scan bladder or scan while placing the embryos.
With Dr Tan, he will scan bladder and scan while placing embryos BUT you cannot see as the screen is facing him, unless your trf happened to be in OT (which happened to me once since it was a Sat afternoon).

I think whether or not to change it is your comfort level with your current doctor.
What triggered me to change doctor was that from the very 1st appt with the doc, I already felt uncomfortable as he was a guy with few words. Did not explain much and did not answer my questions clearly. I only proceeded with him as hubby felt that doc was ok and did not want to go through the hassle of changing and requeing. But after failing 2 cycles, I insisted on changing and I am comfortable with Dr Tan ever since.
Thanks for your reply. Who was your doc can tell me? Maybe you can pm me? I am really contemplating to change doctor as the doc I am current seeing has no reviews on ivf or bad reviews as gynae. I am not sure how to pm maybe you can pm tell me?

Back