March 2018 Mummies

Kena scolded by friend and SIL. Husband will frown and try to gently dissuade but he knows to approach with caution

Oh if friends still easy, I'll ask them to SHUT UP (which I did) :D
But but but still for our own good and bb, we gotta start controlling now.

(don't scold me! hahaha)

Iced lemon tea cannot meh?
I thought it helps to relieve nausea?
Tcm ma. Anything too sourish and "liang" like lemon & watermelon generally asked to avoid or minimize intake.

But the cannot-eat list I think quite subjective one, and it keeps growing. So many different advices all over. The latest (weird) thing I heard was to avoid aloe vera and chives. I was like........what?? Why??

Abit hard to keep up with the constraints all the time. I just eat what I want in moderation most of the time (no appetite already still got so many limitations...maybe eat grass also got people ask me to dun eat so much) and if I can avoid the obvious ones like pineapple, I will just avoid lor.

Oh if friends still easy, I'll ask them to SHUT UP (which I did) :D
But but but still for our own good and bb, we gotta start controlling now.

(don't scold me! hahaha)
Hahaha I didn't ask them to shut up lah. They are experienced mothers ma, I m just a noob so just guai guai, nod, smile, listen and come bitch abt it in forum lor.

Muahaha.

Tcm ma. Anything too sourish and "liang" like lemon & watermelon generally asked to avoid or minimize intake.

But the cannot-eat list I think quite subjective one, and it keeps growing. So many different advices all over. The latest (weird) thing I heard was to avoid aloe vera and chives. I was like........what?? Why??

Abit hard to keep up with the constraints all the time. I just eat what I want in moderation most of the time (no appetite already still got so many limitations...maybe eat grass also got people ask me to dun eat so much) and if I can avoid the obvious ones like pineapple, I will just avoid lor.

Aloe Vera and Chives I heard before, like, liang for former and the latter may cause uterus contraction.
I stopped eating jiao zi and guo tie since then T_T

Even pineapple also got people eat leh, and also nothing, so yeah agree with what you said, every individual is different.

BTW, i just had a cup of iced lemon tea yesterday, shiok leh :p

Hahaha I didn't ask them to shut up lah. They are experienced mothers ma, I m just a noob so just guai guai, nod, smile, listen and come bitch abt it in forum lor.

Muahaha.

Met up w my bff and her husband 2 weeks ago, they saw me ordered coke, both staring at me w 6 eyes!
I asked them "what's your problem now? I drink what I like okay? And I know what you gonna say but shhhh, diam"

Then they changed topic, and I changed from coke to sprite lah.. :p

Yea sometimes I try to substitute with 100 Plus instead cos can hydrate. But somehow I find coke have the shiok factor lol. Next appt is on wed.. soon already..!!

ohh yes!! the shiok factor! can't agree more. :D

@ this moment when my appetite is haywire, i feel its' better to be able to eat something then nothing..though its not healthy. but of course, moderately...

My mum say cannot eat kang kong! hahaha and when i ask y.. she just shh me away
But... this #2, i eat she nvr say anything.

I actually eat anything for this #2. haha even sip those liang stuff. :p
I think cooked pineapple can eat.

I actually eat anything for this #2. haha even sip those liang stuff. :p

Actually I think some liang stuff should be fine leh (not overdose) 'cuz we are not supposed to be overly heaty as it may affect the bb aka 胎热 so nowadays I started to eat a bit of melon and bittergourd (MY FAVE!!) but try eating during daytime :D

And there were a couple of times when I felt I gonna "pu zhua" liao lor..

Before pregnant I could finish half a kg or even one kg of longan myself and still alive and kicking.
After pregnant, I merely ate 3 seeds and lai liao, damn sad :(

Actually I think some liang stuff should be fine leh (not overdose) 'cuz we are not supposed to be overly heaty as it may affect the bb aka 胎热 so nowadays I started to eat a bit of melon and bittergourd (MY FAVE!!) but try eating during daytime :D

And there were a couple of times when I felt I gonna "pu zhua" liao lor..

Before pregnant I could finish half a kg or even one kg of longan myself and still alive and kicking.
After pregnant, I merely ate 3 seeds and lai liao, damn sad :(

i think moderation is key. Wa... bittergourd!

I stop Durian now coz its a weight adders and a GDM patient big no no.. hahhaa
My enemy is still the cold drinks! i will limit to once a week...

I always joke to my colleagues, i eat healthier when i am preggy... when i am not i just pig out in everything i love..
1 thing i really look forward after delivery is my mum's confinement food! SLURP!

I always joke to my colleagues, i eat healthier when i am preggy... when i am not i just pig out in everything i love..
1 thing i really look forward after delivery is my mum's confinement food! SLURP!

OMG lewlian~ Used to be my fave as well but ever since I ate it once during my 10w, that's it.
I hate lewlian now :mad:

Cold drink I think is fine, COKE is the killer, hehehe.
Try other alternatives without caffeine, but then again, COKE is the shiok factor!

And ^5, I love confinement foods (though this is my first bb) - imagine the sesame chicken, red/yellow wine chicken *slurps*
Hahaha very tamjiak!

Totally agree there are sooo many "cannot eat" food that I don't know and stumble upon later so I decided not to stress myself and just eat in moderation too. Ironically I haven't had coke since I got pregnant so never felt the "shiokness"...but cold sprite was smth which got me through the last couple of weeks...the husband also gave up and told me that I shld know my limits myself....but the biggest weakness has been teh c!

I was avoiding for so weeks till week 7 or 8, then I just sipped some one afternoon and bam I'm back! Lol

But I do keep it to 3 cups per week.

Aloe Vera and Chives I heard before, like, liang for former and the latter may cause uterus contraction.
I stopped eating jiao zi and guo tie since then T_T

Even pineapple also got people eat leh, and also nothing, so yeah agree with what you said, every individual is different.

BTW, i just had a cup of iced lemon tea yesterday, shiok leh :p
I know! U can eat xiao long bao!

Omg!!! Ice lemon teaaaaa!!!

I actually eat anything for this #2. haha even sip those liang stuff.
Huhhh kang kong also!? Alamakkkk...

My MIL doesn't know yet and she cooked assam fish and I happily tucked in until I saw pineapple inside. I 'zum' my brakes abit and just continued eating the fish.

OMG lewlian~ Used to be my fave as well but ever since I ate it once during my 10w, that's it.
I hate lewlian now :mad:

Cold drink I think is fine, COKE is the killer, hehehe.
Try other alternatives without caffeine, but then again, COKE is the shiok factor!

And ^5, I love confinement foods (though this is my first bb) - imagine the sesame chicken, red/yellow wine chicken *slurps*
Hahaha very tamjiak!
Eh? Suddenly appetite all good liao hor?
Hahahahahaha

Totally agree there are sooo many "cannot eat" food that I don't know and stumble upon later so I decided not to stress myself and just eat in moderation too. Ironically I haven't had coke since I got pregnant so never felt the "shiokness"...but cold sprite was smth which got me through the last couple of weeks...the husband also gave up and told me that I shld know my limits myself....but the biggest weakness has been teh c!

I was avoiding for so weeks till week 7 or 8, then I just sipped some one afternoon and bam I'm back! Lol

But I do keep it to 3 cups per week.
Wah sprite ah. Also sounds good hor I m the 100plus gang now. Sometimes I also feel abit cuckoo drinking it when I did nothing but laze around whole day. Puahaha.

Wah sprite ah. Also sounds good hor I m the 100plus gang now. Sometimes I also feel abit cuckoo drinking it when I did nothing but laze around whole day. Puahaha.

Due the weather is too hot I also drink sprite but not everyday. But almost everyday I will have one cup of cold drink regardless is ice tea or other color drink u will just feel so comfortable maybe baby inside like it too haha. hot drink is just boring. Ever since pregnant I really prefer to have slightly spicy food, it just make my meal more tasty but I won't feel heaty at all. Especially mala Xiang guo I jus like it so much it jus make me feel hungry when ever I see tat. But cannot every week eat is not healthy too many msg. I only feel heaty if i eat too much biscuit but no choice sometime in between just feel hungry and wanna have some bite. My weight increase when I am in trimester 1, right now I'm at week 17 and my weight have not increase but my baby is growing well and the gynae is smiling while saying good. Feel like the gynae is teasing me. But one big problem is my stomach always feel bloated in the middle of my sleep and make me difficult to sleep back any mummy having this problem at night.

Last edited:
Due the weather is too hot I also drink sprite but not everyday. But almost everyday I will have one cup of cold drink regardless is ice tea or other color drink u will just feel so comfortable maybe baby inside like it too haha. hot drink is just boring. Ever since pregnant I really prefer to have slightly spicy food, it just make my meal more tasty but I won't feel heaty at all. Especially mala Xiang guo I jus like it so much it jus make me feel hungry when ever I see tat. But cannot every week eat is not healthy too many msg. I only feel heaty if i eat too much biscuit but no choice sometime in between just feel hungry and wanna have some bite. My weight increase when I am in trimester 1, right now I'm at week 17 and my weight have not increase but my baby is growing well and the gynae is smiling while saying good. Feel like the gynae is teasing me. But one big problem is my stomach always feel bloated in the middle of my sleep and make me difficult to sleep back any mummy having this problem at night.

You are good! I want to gain as little as i can also!
Hopefully i don't gain rapidly as we reach 2nd tri...

I like spicy food since i am preggy with my #1, i level up with my #2 now hahaha
i love Korean food, bimbimbap and the kimchi noodle!

I was never a hot drink person too!

Hello mummies! I'm new to the group :) Tested positive when I was 4 weeks and me EDD is on 6th of March 2018. So exciting.
How long did you ladies take to find out about the gender? I'm already 17+ weeks but still can't tell the gender. Waiting for my 20 week FA scan, hopefully can tell by then. I am so excited about it.

Currently visiting Ob at Parkway Easy Hospital :)

Hi fellow mummies! I just chanced upon this forum and would like to be added to WA and FB group. Please let me know who to PM! :)
I'm currently now at week 16, first time mum! :)

Hi mummies, I am a first time mummy edd in mar 2018 too. Can someone advise how I can join the facebook group and watsapp group? Thanks a lot.

Any mummies under subsidised at NUH or have experience birthing there under subsidised? How was you experience and recovery? Is it true that bad stitching can hinder recovery?

Last edited:
Anyone been having backaches? Is it normal to have frequent backaches at week 14? My baby is not very heavy but backaches are happening to me almost everyday

Good morning all.

Have not been sleeping well these few days - woke up at 4am+ almost everyday. Bad nauseousness and vomiting as well. Not any better than first trimester :(

Hi mummies, I am a first time mummy edd in mar 2018 too. Can someone advise how I can join the facebook group and watsapp group? Thanks a lot.

Any mummies under subsidised at NUH or have experience birthing there under subsidised? How was you experience and recovery? Is it true that bad stitching can hinder recovery?

I am a subsidized patient with NUH now but I was a private patient with them for my previous birthing experience.
I can only say... I shouldn't keep walking around after i deliver.... i didn't rest enough and it was swollen down there...

You have a choice to switch to a private doc at any point of time.

Hello mummies! I'm new to the group :) Tested positive when I was 4 weeks and me EDD is on 6th of March 2018. So exciting.
How long did you ladies take to find out about the gender? I'm already 17+ weeks but still can't tell the gender. Waiting for my 20 week FA scan, hopefully can tell by then. I am so excited about it.

Usually detailed scan will be done @ 20wks (as per my previous 2experiences), but some of the mummies who have done the Panorama/Harmony test, found out their gender during the test which is quite early.

i gave birth @ NUH as a subsidized patient in 2010 & 2013. Overall i must is gd. My 1st was c-sect & 2nd was normal w forceps. Both heal nicely without any complications.

Hi fellow mummies! I just chanced upon this forum and would like to be added to WA and FB group. Please let me know who to PM! :)
I'm currently now at week 16, first time mum! :)

Hi, you can PM me your email I'll add you into the secret FB group. As for WA, you can also PM me your number, I'll ask the admins to add you in.

Anyone been having backaches? Is it normal to have frequent backaches at week 14? My baby is not very heavy but backaches are happening to me almost everyday

I've been having backaches throughout my first trimester and still having it. My husband just massages lightly for me whenever it gets too painful.

I am a subsidized patient with NUH now but I was a private patient with them for my previous birthing experience.
I can only say... I shouldn't keep walking around after i deliver.... i didn't rest enough and it was swollen down there...

You have a choice to switch to a private doc at any point of time.
I'm looking to switch to private at NUH. When is the usual latest week/month I can do this?

That would really be helpful, cause im considering too.

My friend see almost the same high risk doc everytime so she just decide to book that doc for her delivery.

I am also seeing the high risk docs at the sub clinic now so if i continue to see the same doc i might decide to choose her for delivery at the very end.

@nqt, hows ur appt? wah the wait at clinic G is no joke. hahaa

My friend see almost the same high risk doc everytime so she just decide to book that doc for her delivery.

I am also seeing the high risk docs at the sub clinic now so if i continue to see the same doc i might decide to choose her for delivery at the very end.

@nqt, hows ur appt? wah the wait at clinic G is no joke. hahaa

My appt went well...there's a few changes from 2013 but adaptable...so far my wait was ok, total abt 1-1.5hrs so far. What time is your appt usually? I always get/change to afternoon after 2.30pm.

OMG I spotted slight traces of blood yesterday when I pee, so i plan to see my gynae later at 2.30pm. Anyway, regarding the coke...HAHA is shiok but heard can try for substitute such as Ginger Ale. Should be equally shiok. I used to drink only warm water etc, but nowadays drink cold drinks really very shiok. But can only drink in front of husband or friends, cos my mother-in-law will keep saying.

I am already 14.5 weeks but still vomiting dinner sometimes and no appetite!!! Almost never hungry, is this common? When is the appetite coming back :(

I am also visiting Parkway East but my gyane is Dr Heng.

Yeah.. Many said second trimester is honeymoon period, but I don't feel it yet :(
It got worsen in fact, for my case.

I started to take the chicken essence 滴鸡精 also, hoping it can provide enough of nutrients to bb.
Is the 滴鸡精 good? I plan to buy the Tian Yuan Xiang which is highly recommended. Both my MIL and Mum doesnt know how to make chicken essence so I think is best I buy if not my baby will not have enough nutrients. No time to go down to Novena to try out, which one did you buy and is it tasty to drink? Plan to start once I have better appetite.

My appt went well...there's a few changes from 2013 but adaptable...so far my wait was ok, total abt 1-1.5hrs so far. What time is your appt usually? I always get/change to afternoon after 2.30pm.

My last appt is around an hr wait but the waiting to pay bill and collect med add another 30-45mins...
I get morning appts usually which is good as i go back office after that. They have lock in my detail scan date too.

My edd is on 5th March. On week 16 I went to the gynae and he told me the baby gender is 95% girl. But gynae mention nothing is cfm need to wait till Week 20 for FA scan than can cfm still have chance. (As the gynae knew tat my husband wants a baby boy it seen like the gynae is still bringing hope for my husband). But in my mind I already accept it as a baby girl.

My edd is on 5th March. On week 16 I went to the gynae and he told me the baby gender is 95% girl. But gynae mention nothing is cfm need to wait till Week 20 for FA scan than can cfm still have chance. (As the gynae knew tat my husband wants a baby boy it seen like the gynae is still bringing hope for my husband). But in my mind I already accept it as a baby girl.

My hub also thought have a chance of my #1 becoming a boy even though we confirm at 16/17wks. HA!

I praying #2 to be a another girl purposely jio jio my hub!!!!!!
I am 14 wks and don't think i get to know gender till detail scan~

Most doc will reconfirm with you if they feel its a girl at 20 weeks. I think default they feel everyone wants a boy. hehe

More importantly is to delivery a healthy baby safely and with no complications for mummy.

After going thru 2 MCs and a torturing #1 pregnancy and delivery, my only hope is to just hold a baby at the end of 37/38 wks (i am counting down to that deadline as my previous pregnancy was also induced at 37wks)

My hub also thought have a chance of my #1 becoming a boy even though we confirm at 16/17wks. HA!

I praying #2 to be a another girl purposely jio jio my hub!!!!!!
I am 14 wks and don't think i get to know gender till detail scan~

Most doc will reconfirm with you if they feel its a girl at 20 weeks. I think default they feel everyone wants a boy. hehe

More importantly is to delivery a healthy baby safely and with no complications for mummy.

After going thru 2 MCs and a torturing #1 pregnancy and delivery, my only hope is to just hold a baby at the end of 37/38 wks (i am counting down to that deadline as my previous pregnancy was also induced at 37wks)

For me I actually prefer a girl. Mayb is due to first pregnancy I was hoping to give my husband a baby boy to the family. But is just too bad. Need to plan for #2 aft #1 is out lolx.

For me I actually prefer a girl. Mayb is due to first pregnancy I was hoping to give my husband a baby boy to the family. But is just too bad. Need to plan for #2 aft #1 is out lolx.

Too bad we can't choose boy or girl~ its 50/50. I am stopping at 2.. no matter boy or girl.

My last appt is around an hr wait but the waiting to pay bill and collect med add another 30-45mins...
I get morning appts usually which is good as i go back office after that. They have lock in my detail scan date too.

ohh yes...the pharmacy is very long...

i prefer afternoon, the Q is shorter, also i will always ask them for mc, so i can wake up late haha.

ur detail scan which means gender knowing too?

my next appt this coming mon but its early morning 8.30am, for scaning to determine which wk i am now... I asked for afternoon, no slot, so no choice, cannot change another day as they need to scan to know the EDD.

ohh yes...the pharmacy is very long...

i prefer afternoon, the Q is shorter, also i will always ask them for mc, so i can wake up late haha.

ur detail scan which means gender knowing too?

my next appt this coming mon but its early morning 8.30am, for scaning to determine which wk i am now... I asked for afternoon, no slot, so no choice, cannot change another day as they need to scan to know the EDD.

Its also the detail scan for 20wks and i think they will confirm gender if baby is cooperative.

They always give me morning but i wouldn't change as my office is 1 mrt stop away, i just take time off to see the doc. No need take leave or mc. You can go to medical center pharmacy to buy, i think the q there is shorter. main pharmacy is just too packed.

I'm looking to switch to private at NUH. When is the usual latest week/month I can do this?
I am going to switch during my 20 weeks and take the package. Since their package starts at 22 weeks onwards.

Their package include the detailed scan at around 22 weeks.

Actually your wait seems short for subsidised! My last appt as a private patient, I was there from 2.45pm to 5.45pm for a 3.15pm appt. 2h wait for doc and another 1h for blood test and payment. I was wondering is it due to appt time. But I was rushing off and only realized I was given a 4.10pm appt for next visit when I was in the car. As usual, I can't change it cos appt is so packed.
Feels more like subsidised than private

Reactions: nqt

Back