Hoping for advice re waterbirth/EMMACare at NUH

jellynova

So confused over NUH's website -

Any mothers out there who has given birth at NUH: was EmmaCare involved and do I have to get a doula on top of an EmmaCare midwife too?

I am a subsidised patient. From what I read, it seems like I have to switch to a private patient. Can this be done past 30+ weeks? Incremental cost is an issue, but I would like to try a waterbirth.

Any mothers who can chip in her experience? Thanks in advance!

So confused over NUH's website -

Any mothers out there who has given birth at NUH: was EmmaCare involved and do I have to get a doula on top of an EmmaCare midwife too?

I am a subsidised patient. From what I read, it seems like I have to switch to a private patient. Can this be done past 30+ weeks? Incremental cost is an issue, but I would like to try a waterbirth.

Any mothers who can chip in her experience? Thanks in advance!

You can either arrange ur own doula or use emmacare. I find their midwife very pro, they helped to delivery my baby, the doc didn't make it in time. Waterbirth will be an addition cost. On TOP of that u have to pay Emma care, doc fees. What is subsidised patient?

You can either arrange ur own doula or use emmacare. I find their midwife very pro, they helped to delivery my baby, the doc didn't make it in time. Waterbirth will be an addition cost. On TOP of that u have to pay Emma care, doc fees. What is subsidised patient?
Thanks for the reply! I will check out Emma care then.

I think the differences are: The subsidised mums go to Clinic G, and do not have a regular gynae to consult; is whoever is on rotation for that day. If you are a private patient, you consult at their Women's Clinic and choose your gynae. The ward class will also be different.

Back