TTC - Trying to Conceive 2017

Hi guys, just an update.. and abit of ranting...

I went to a women's clinic near my house on 12 Sept. My LMP is 25 July. Few days prior to my appt, I was spotting some brown blood. I was worried so i bought the test kits again. it's still a BFP.
12 Sept came and the doc did a scan thru the vagina. He told me that there wasn't any foetus, only got a yolk sac, said i am supposed to be 6-7 weeks but it looks like 4 weeks, the pregnancy is a failed one. Advised me go D&C ASAP. He said most likely within the next 3 days i will be bleeding or in pain.

Feeling upset, I went home and dread for the day to come that the thing inside me will come out naturally by itself. I didn't want to go for D&C, too scary. The brown spotting stopped shortly after the appt. 1 week later, still nothing. No pain no bleeding.
I decided to go KKH to see a doc and also arrange for D&C so i can get it over and done with!

Last Sat, 23 Sept, I went to KKH O&G (24 hr clinic) for consultation. Already preparing myself for the worst.
The doc did a virginal scan for me... and guess what?? The fetus is there! Got heart beat also.
I was in shock and confused, how can it be? The KKH doc said I'm 6 weeks, and everything is normal as of now. When I ask her about the 1st doctor's diagnosis, she said all these dates are estimated, might not be accurate.

I went home to google - some women have this happening to them too. They said "the dates are off" I don't really know what it means? Like I'm supposed to be 8 weeks now but the KKH doctor said im 6?
Issit my fetus has slow development? Is this normal??

I'm kind of angry about the first doctor that I went to.. His words cause me emotional stress and keep on thinking about the empty yolk sac inside me. Doesn't he know that dates might be abit off?

PM me if anybody wants to know about the Women's Clinic that I went to.

Oh my ~ luckily you went for second opinion! Can't imagine the emotional stress you have gone thru!!!

As long as both of you are safe now! Congrats on your pregnancy!! do you mind letting me know the clinic? I will pm u.

Could be you ovulated late?using LMP to gauge how far you are in your pregnancy is only accurate for those with regular 28 to 30 days cycle. But if your cycle is hay wire and longer like mine...then using ultrasound will be more accurate.

Now you said it... I'm around 35 days cycle. like 1 month 1 week that kind.
I'm puzzled that doesnt the doctor know this despite being a gynae for so long???

@babyfats

omg ... thank god u went to another doc.
Always good to wait.... All the best, to a successful pregnancy. now i think back my 2nd mc, i regretted i didn't wait. they asked me to take duphoston as well as folic acid... initially when the fetus was abit smaller.

5mg folic is standard in the hospital. u only need 800mg minimally.

5mg and 800mg is a big difference! What should I do..?

Yeah now i think better to get a 2nd opinion. Sometimes doctors also will 'kelong' one.

Oh my ~ luckily you went for second opinion! Can't imagine the emotional stress you have gone thru!!!

As long as both of you are safe now! Congrats on your pregnancy!! do you mind letting me know the clinic? I will pm u.

Replied you :)
Was feeling very sucky and didnt take care of myself after what he said. sigh! Luckily only for a week plus before i visited KKH.

my job was really jam packed earlier this year.
now towards the end of this year the volume seems so much lesser.
and i was thinking i can keep my mind off ttc by just focusing on my job.

seems impossible to keep my mind off right now ~.~

my job was really jam packed earlier this year.
now towards the end of this year the volume seems so much lesser.
and i was thinking i can keep my mind off ttc by just focusing on my job.

seems impossible to keep my mind off right now ~.~
It's like at the back of our minds always!! Just do whatever you can and relax~~ I'm waiting for my af to come but seems like it's delayed again cos of pcos :( no ovulation tested this month so I reckon no pregnancy too. Temp has gone down (but fluctuating alot this month) but keep having stomach cramps.

Now you said it... I'm around 35 days cycle. like 1 month 1 week that kind.
I'm puzzled that doesnt the doctor know this despite being a gynae for so long???

5mg and 800mg is a big difference! What should I do..?

Yeah now i think better to get a 2nd opinion. Sometimes doctors also will 'kelong' one.

Replied you :)
Was feeling very sucky and didnt take care of myself after what he said. sigh! Luckily only for a week plus before i visited KKH.

you shld be fine... don't worry. Don't think hospital will give this dose if not safe.

for me, I know my body absorbs the folate form better. after many tests.

Folate/ folic acid is needed in very early stages of pregnancy, before u even know u are pregnant. are u switching over to pre natals? all will have folate in them.
consider taking vitamin D, Fish Oil/ dhea and iron if not enough.

It's like at the back of our minds always!! Just do whatever you can and relax~~ I'm waiting for my af to come but seems like it's delayed again cos of pcos :( no ovulation tested this month so I reckon no pregnancy too. Temp has gone down (but fluctuating alot this month) but keep having stomach cramps.

yea, it's impossible . my hubby kept telling me to relax. don't take anything cos his friend got pregnant when they "took a break".

you shld be fine... don't worry. Don't think hospital will give this dose if not safe.

for me, I know my body absorbs the folate form better. after many tests.

Folate/ folic acid is needed in very early stages of pregnancy, before u even know u are pregnant. are u switching over to pre natals? all will have folate in them.
consider taking vitamin D, Fish Oil/ dhea and iron if not enough.

I don't dare to take any other kinds of supplement without dr's approval :\

my supervisor has irregular menses but she has 3 kids anyway. with youngest one going to tertiary education soon.

in my heart i wanted to ask but my col went ahead, "how do u have kids with irregular menses?"

her reply is erm...well i just do ?

and her children's age gaps are planned. 3 years apart. how do people even "plan" when to give birth ?

my manager and supervisor are asking me to have another child soon. because a fellow col just got ROM. she does not want us to clash.

but my reply to my superiors is that my 1st pregnancy was supposed to take place 3 years before my son was born, if we go by planning. how do you expect me to plan for my 2nd ?

my supervisor has irregular menses but she has 3 kids anyway. with youngest one going to tertiary education soon.

in my heart i wanted to ask but my col went ahead, "how do u have kids with irregular menses?"

her reply is erm...well i just do ?

and her children's age gaps are planned. 3 years apart. how do people even "plan" when to give birth ?

my manager and supervisor are asking me to have another child soon. because a fellow col just got ROM. she does not want us to clash.

but my reply to my superiors is that my 1st pregnancy was supposed to take place 3 years before my son was born, if we go by planning. how do you expect me to plan for my 2nd ?

I got quite a few friends whose menses are irregular yet got pregnant easily.

Has anyone tried to seek fengshui master for help? I saw from master David tong fb he once audit a house at Yishun and found out the reason behind the couple unable to conceive due to the flat layout.
My 1st born was easily conceived at my mil house. M not sure is it my flat layout not very good too.

I got quite a few friends whose menses are irregular yet got pregnant easily.

Has anyone tried to seek fengshui master for help? I saw from master David tong fb he once audit a house at Yishun and found out the reason behind the couple unable to conceive due to the flat layout.
My 1st born was easily conceived at my mil house. M not sure is it my flat layout not very good too.

I did consult David Tong also. Everything was great (for conceiving), except need to shift my stove which is easily solved by using the induction cooker. But then, he also took a look at our bazi.. saying I have children affinity but my husband doesn't. Just failed my first IVF, so I don't know what to think about this. He said it's not impossible for us to conceive just that it will be harder.. and he even said bazi can't be changed and can't be helped and it covers about 50% of your fate.

I did consult David Tong also. Everything was great (for conceiving), except need to shift my stove which is easily solved by using the induction cooker. But then, he also took a look at our bazi.. saying I have children affinity but my husband doesn't. Just failed my first IVF, so I don't know what to think about this. He said it's not impossible for us to conceive just that it will be harder.. and he even said bazi can't be changed and can't be helped and it covers about 50% of your fate.

Oh..my master did tell my hubby that it will be hard for us to have second one when he audit our flat at the point when I pregnant. I was not around to ask him further on this as he said coz I preggy that time I am not supposed to go into the house due to surrounding Reno and negative energy. Sigh...
Not sure if I should consult David tong coz I scare will create crash in my existing layout

Oh..my master did tell my hubby that it will be hard for us to have second one when he audit our flat at the point when I pregnant. I was not around to ask him further on this as he said coz I preggy that time I am not supposed to go into the house due to surrounding Reno and negative energy. Sigh...
Not sure if I should consult David tong coz I scare will create crash in my existing layout

It's up to you. If you think it makes u feel better, then go ahead. He did mention to me that there's this couple, their bed position was very bad.. and it's also very hard to change the bed position cause the bed header was in built. What the couple did was to sleep on a mattress in another room, and then she got pregnant.. but they have to sleep on the bed till she gave birth. Master Tong understands certain layout is very hard to change so he will suggest practical ways to help you.

sorry want to rant again. :p
lots of sweet cravings coming.

morning breakfast of wanton mee not enough. going to much on mooncakes next. =.=

Hi all

One silly question. What time of the day do you all test using the ovulation test kit. I read that we shouldn't be using the first morning urine. Is that true?

Hi all

One silly question. What time of the day do you all test using the ovulation test kit. I read that we shouldn't be using the first morning urine. Is that true?

ya first morning urine dont recommend for testing as the surge is low,best time is from 10am -8pm for testing. but if u are using clearblue digital, it can be use anytime of the day.

Just to share what 1 auntie told my husband:

She and her husband were TTC for a few years but to no avail. So they ownself 'DIY' feng shui. They moved the bed's position and do the deed in different directions. If it doesn't work, they move the bed's position and do the deed in different directions again.

Finally, after a year, they conceived their first born and 2 more children subsequently after.

Not sure how true this is, just sharing! :)

Hi all

depends on what brand u r using. clearblue has the instructions on the box as well as on youtube.

How's everyone here? Didn't log in for sometime... I feel like stop ttcing le cause maybe it's also God's will that we only have 2 kids cause actually we both can just hardly cope with 2 kids and no help at all.... And I am actually quite weak after giving birth to #2 last year....

I keep envy one of my friend that she aim to have 4 kids and really get what she want lor...now she's preggy with #4... so fertile and so easy for her although her menses is irregular... don't know why my menses is damn regular but still not easy to conceive..haiz

I keep envy one of my friend that she aim to have 4 kids and really get what she want lor...now she's preggy with #4... so fertile and so easy for her although her menses is irregular... don't know why my menses is damn regular but still not easy to conceive..haiz

maybe their menses not regular but their body manage to produce super thick lining. i have 1 col
who can have period for up to 1 month still wearing the pad.

How's everyone here? Didn't log in for sometime... I feel like stop ttcing le cause maybe it's also God's will that we only have 2 kids cause actually we both can just hardly cope with 2 kids and no help at all.... And I am actually quite weak after giving birth to #2 last year....
Wow challenging to have 2 without help? My girl is driving us crazy too active and keep sticking to us that we did not have much time to do the deed to try for second baby. We are intending to get a helper soon but it’s so hard to get a good one since most nowadays are princess maid.

maybe their menses not regular but their body manage to produce super thick lining. i have 1 col
who can have period for up to 1 month still wearing the pad.

Hmm..maybe lor..the best thing is she don't even need to track ovulation or stuffs like that cos her menses is irregular....

Wow challenging to have 2 without help? My girl is driving us crazy too active and keep sticking to us that we did not have much time to do the deed to try for second baby. We are intending to get a helper soon but it’s so hard to get a good one since most nowadays are princess maid.

Yes super challenging! That's why hardly have time to do the dead lor..somemore all sleep together leh...haiz...haha..
Actually with only 1 kid not so bad..only need to wait til he sleep..but with 2 kids must wait til both sleep...zzzzzzzzzz haha
We don't really like helper, so we try to endure...very tired and house is always messy..haha

Yes super challenging! That's why hardly have time to do the dead lor..somemore all sleep together leh...haiz...haha..
Actually with only 1 kid not so bad..only need to wait til he sleep..but with 2 kids must wait til both sleep...zzzzzzzzzz haha
We don't really like helper, so we try to endure...very tired and house is always messy..haha

my girl sleeps with us too...v tired and after work no more strength to play with her

my girl sleeps with us too...v tired and after work no more strength to play with her

Yah, usually they play my themselves...haha... sometimes will play awhile with them..and I still need to do housework... somemore both r so young.. 3.5 and 1.5yo.. very active also
Ooh my girl is also 3.5yo. No sibling to play with her so she sticks to us especially my hubby. One already so tired cannot imagine u got to handle two.

Hi all, Im 28 this year.I've been through challenges ever since I got married in 2016. After one year my hubby managed to penetrate me. At first I suspected Vaginamus so we went to a private clinic to get the various sizes of dilator. After spending $400 plus for a visit and the dilators hubby finally managed to penetrate me in 4 months. Secondly I realised I'm very dry. I managed to orgasm very fast. After all excited about the penetration we went to KKH private hospital cos we made an appointment before we know he can penetrate me. Did a Pap smear test all turn well. Told the doc we're ttc and since I'm dry can I use lubricant. She said yes use KY! I was hmmm ok. Feeling uneasy I did more research on KY apparently it's not good for ppl who are ttc. Was fuming mad about the wrong info from the doc so I bought Preseed. Used once but not as good at smile maker. And I'm not sure if smile maker will affect sperm but hubby said no. But still I don't want to take the risk. The first month ttc I couldn't find my ovulation day. Keep testing for 2 months also no result. Used various app Ovia, glow etc all show diff timing for my ovu. Used David stick also no use. Third month managed to caught my ovu. But I think my period coming in 2 days time cos did earlier preg test its negative :( so now looking to take in supplements to prepare my body. Will go for fertility check in March '18 cos $ very tight from ttc and gg hol in dec. In the meantime I'll try to take Tian Yuan Xiang etc. Ingredients wise i don't think it's halal for my consumption but I'll consider it again. Haizz... wanting to get malay meds one I did a research contain isoflavon which can have Breast cancer side effects etc So Im still researching. Any mummies or ttc ladies can share what other supplements that is good for me and hubby do let me know ya... tyvm :) im v stressful as my good friends are all pregnant one cent one month after wedding haiz... sometimes want to give up sometimes gg strong

blackmores conceive well is good. and folic acid :)

last time when i ttc it was said that L-carnitine, L-arginine, vitamin c, zinc, CoQ10 are good for men.

today i feel nausea. not sure if it is because i have indigestion. then i found out i have +ve opk today

anyone of you feel nausea around your ovulation period ?

maybe its just me :/

blackmores conceive well is good. and folic acid :)

last time when i ttc it was said that L-carnitine, L-arginine, vitamin c, zinc, CoQ10 are good for men.
Thank you so much dear! will head out to the pharmacy to get these =) Still contemplating on whether I should get the chicken essence because it's quite a hefty price for 20 sachets :(

Hi all, Im 28 this year.I've been through challenges ever since I got married in 2016. After one year my hubby managed to penetrate me. At first I suspected Vaginamus so we went to a private clinic to get the various sizes of dilator. After spending $400 plus for a visit and the dilators hubby finally managed to penetrate me in 4 months. Secondly I realised I'm very dry. I managed to orgasm very fast. After all excited about the penetration we went to KKH private hospital cos we made an appointment before we know he can penetrate me. Did a Pap smear test all turn well. Told the doc we're ttc and since I'm dry can I use lubricant. She said yes use KY! I was hmmm ok. Feeling uneasy I did more research on KY apparently it's not good for ppl who are ttc. Was fuming mad about the wrong info from the doc so I bought Preseed. Used once but not as good at smile maker. And I'm not sure if smile maker will affect sperm but hubby said no. But still I don't want to take the risk. The first month ttc I couldn't find my ovulation day. Keep testing for 2 months also no result. Used various app Ovia, glow etc all show diff timing for my ovu. Used David stick also no use. Third month managed to caught my ovu. But I think my period coming in 2 days time cos did earlier preg test its negative :( so now looking to take in supplements to prepare my body. Will go for fertility check in March '18 cos $ very tight from ttc and gg hol in dec. In the meantime I'll try to take Tian Yuan Xiang etc. Ingredients wise i don't think it's halal for my consumption but I'll consider it again. Haizz... wanting to get malay meds one I did a research contain isoflavon which can have Breast cancer side effects etc So Im still researching. Any mummies or ttc ladies can share what other supplements that is good for me and hubby do let me know ya... tyvm :) im v stressful as my good friends are all pregnant one cent one month after wedding haiz... sometimes want to give up sometimes gg strong

I took normal chicken essence with cordeceps from ztp (during promo is 8.90-11 for a box of 6).
Also taking supplement from iherb
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Nature-Made-Prenatal-Multi-DHA-90-Softgels/40458?rcode=HAR2151
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Natrol-DHEA-50-mg-60-Tablets/16777?rcode=HAR2151
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Fairhaven-H...omen-and-Men-120-Capsules/62649?rcode=HAR2151
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Yogi-Tea-Wo...e-16-Tea-Bags-1-02-oz-29-g/7764?rcode=HAR2151
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Doctor-s-Be...ne-200-mg-180-Veggie-Caps/54865?rcode=HAR2151

Additional 5% Promo code HAR2151

Hi Ladies!

am a newbie here :) I have been TTC with my hubby for about 3 years. Have tried going to TCM and also acupuncture but no good news. Recently we have engaged Dr. Kelly Loi from Health and Fertility Centre for a fertility screening to see if we need to explore the possibility of IVF. Had Pap smear, blood test and HSG done, waiting for this Saturday's review with Dr Kelly. Not sure what to expect thou. Anyone here who has been with Dr. Kelly Loi before whom can share your experience? Thank you!

Hi Ladies!

am a newbie here :) I have been TTC with my hubby for about 3 years. Have tried going to TCM and also acupuncture but no good news. Recently we have engaged Dr. Kelly Loi from Health and Fertility Centre for a fertility screening to see if we need to explore the possibility of IVF. Had Pap smear, blood test and HSG done, waiting for this Saturday's review with Dr Kelly. Not sure what to expect thou. Anyone here who has been with Dr. Kelly Loi before whom can share your experience? Thank you!
Meet her a couple of times, nice friendly gync. Meet her when she help my grandma ops years back

Me and hub have been trying to TTC for at least 8 mths. Went for fertility check up and was told that i had low ovarian and hub have poor motility and both of us are age 35...so it makes the TTC journey even harder for us. Gynae straight away recommend us to go for IUI or IVF straight which i didnt want to. So i went to research on my own and came across this fertilAid brand for both man and woman. Which it can be bought from iherb. For me, i took FertilCM and ovaboost to strengthen and thicken my uterine lining and also supports egg quality. For my hub, i bought for him FertilAid for men and motility boost. And during baby making night, we used preseed for lubricant as well (yes, preseed doesn't kill sperm) and after only eating these for less than 1 mth, i was pregnant. Now im in my 7 weeks....so dont give up ladies and please dont be so stress about TTC otherwise it will make it harder.

Me and hub have been trying to TTC for at least 8 mths. Went for fertility check up and was told that i had low ovarian and hub have poor motility and both of us are age 35...so it makes the TTC journey even harder for us. Gynae straight away recommend us to go for IUI or IVF straight which i didnt want to. So i went to research on my own and came across this fertilAid brand for both man and woman. Which it can be bought from iherb. For me, i took FertilCM and ovaboost to strengthen and thicken my uterine lining and also supports egg quality. For my hub, i bought for him FertilAid for men and motility boost. And during baby making night, we used preseed for lubricant as well (yes, preseed doesn't kill sperm) and after only eating these for less than 1 mth, i was pregnant. Now im in my 7 weeks....so dont give up ladies and please dont be so stress about TTC otherwise it will make it harder.
Hi Mitch,

Seems like we got similar issue. I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. FSH level : 11, AMH : 1. While my husband also poor motility and quality. Dr Kelly suggested us to do 3 fresh IVF cycle to accumulate the eggs since my reserve is low to begin with. She prescribed supplements for both of us to prep our body for treatment as well. However due to the high costing involved for IVF at private hospital, we decided to look for Prof. Tan HH of KKH for treatments. Will be seeing him end of this month for 1st time.

Right now both me and my husband are also on TCM acupuncture sessions at Raffles Medical.

Hi Mitch,

Seems like we got similar issue. I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. FSH level : 11, AMH : 1. While my husband also poor motility and quality. Dr Kelly suggested us to do 3 fresh IVF cycle to accumulate the eggs since my reserve is low to begin with. She prescribed supplements for both of us to prep our body for treatment as well. However due to the high costing involved for IVF at private hospital, we decided to look for Prof. Tan HH of KKH for treatments. Will be seeing him end of this month for 1st time.

Right now both me and my husband are also on TCM acupuncture sessions at Raffles Medical.
Good luck gal! Hope you guys will be blessed with cute baby soon too! :)

I wanted to take all these supplements but I'm scared about distrupting my menses cycle. Anyway, what's the routine for preseed? Some put during the day so it stay moist longer some 15 mins before

why worry about when to take supps ?
when u r on your period your body is preparing for the next egg to be released. i will think its better to take supps everyday.

Back