TTC - Trying to Conceive 2017

That's really comforting to hear. But I hope to give him a little 'scare' so he can quit smoking or at least cut down by a bit.

At least you have one thing lesser to worry about! I hope I can stabilize my ovulation soon. I've gone to the extend that I might want to jump into ivf but I know I shouldn't. At least for now.

indeed, smoking should be reduced if we ttc.
but to be fair, dont expect him to totally stop smoking.
try negotiating on how much he should slowly cut down.

u can go to ivf if u can.
in fact the earlier the better.
i am thinking to try at least once. :)

Hi all~ can i check if anyone has the semen analysis report stating teratozoospermia and what did the doc advised? The doc only told me there are some abnormality but it is overall ok. I have PCOS and has been TTC for a while.

This month was a rollercoaster. I fell and had an ankle sprained. CD 17 and still not ovulating according to OPK. :( Not sure is it due to the stress on my body (it was really painful). How do you keep your mind free from stress and be happy (even though everyone is practically announcing their pregnancy? It's so easy for people to say ITS TIME TO GET PREGNANT!! But they don't know...

I went for a short trip last month to get everything off my mind and i managed to have +ve OPK but when I'm back, everything seems off. :( #justranting.....

Hihi, my hb's semen analysis also state teratozoospermia. He have 100% head piece defect =(

Gynae mentioned shouldn't be a big problem, prescribed him some supplement. But we half a year gone, still no news.

TCM suggest my HB to go andrology in Hospital to have a proper scan and check. Can i ask how is your Hb's morphology?

And yes i can feel u. Everytime i scroll thru FB and Insta, there is always a pregnancy announcement. Seem very easy for most of the people out there. :(

Hihi, my hb's semen analysis also state teratozoospermia. He have 100% head piece defect =(

Gynae mentioned shouldn't be a big problem, prescribed him some supplement. But we half a year gone, still no news.

TCM suggest my HB to go andrology in Hospital to have a proper scan and check. Can i ask how is your Hb's morphology?

And yes i can feel u. Everytime i scroll thru FB and Insta, there is always a pregnancy announcement. Seem very easy for most of the people out there. :(

I think morphology is under normal range. Everything was in normal range. I just give him repro men vitamins. But he is always tired due to his work nature :( the doc didn't tell us any follow up when they detected ovulation and ask us to try naturally.

Sigh, I think I will delete off ig app and Un follow fb friends to make sure I don't think so much. Need to block everything off. Jia you jia you!!!

I think morphology is under normal range. Everything was in normal range. I just give him repro men vitamins. But he is always tired due to his work nature :( the doc didn't tell us any follow up when they detected ovulation and ask us to try naturally.

Sigh, I think I will delete off ig app and Un follow fb friends to make sure I don't think so much. Need to block everything off. Jia you jia you!!!

Ooh icic.. think yours shouldn't be a big problem. Jia you to you too. And hope your ankle is felling better now =)

i just asked my hubby again to go for ivf and he said ok. it's not an easy decision for me. considering that my hubby cannot handle my moodswings.

i told hubby that we can get subsidy.
being money savvy that he is, he seems to go ahead cuz of the subsidy.

i just hope when i got fed up and need to scream, he wont be competing with me on who is the loudest.

i just asked my hubby again to go for ivf and he said ok. it's not an easy decision for me. considering that my hubby cannot handle my moodswings.

i told hubby that we can get subsidy.
being money savvy that he is, he seems to go ahead cuz of the subsidy.

i just hope when i got fed up and need to scream, he wont be competing with me on who is the loudest.
Was he reluctant at first? I give myself until the next doc appointment. If I'm not having a baby then I will go for ivf. Now it's time to read up more about it~~

No need to shout at each other. Rmb you are both in for it together! Jiayou Jiayou, hope your give bfp vvvvv soon!!

Was he reluctant at first? I give myself until the next doc appointment. If I'm not having a baby then I will go for ivf. Now it's time to read up more about it~~

No need to shout at each other. Rmb you are both in for it together! Jiayou Jiayou, hope your give bfp vvvvv soon!!

his answers are on and off again that kind. like sometimes even after we agreed and booked appointment, he will be like why not we just cancel.

also 1 of his friends went for ivf so it's fortunate that we have people we know having similar stories. it helps us to keep an open mind.

only thing is he doesnt like it when i have mood swings. :/

anyone know how to increase lining? my lining was only 6.6 at Day 29... and my period come for 2 days only...

R u still jabbing? Many said drink red bean soup and eat egg white. Red dates wolfberries drink

Had my second scan on tue. Lining was triple 10mm..going for third scan tomorrow

I haven go ivf yet.. but I did pelvis scan and come to know that my lining is only 6.6mm at Day 29.. I spam a lot of red dates also no use... this clomid shorten my period so much... how to resume? your lining is good.. how u do tat ?

I haven go ivf yet.. but I did pelvis scan and come to know that my lining is only 6.6mm at Day 29.. I spam a lot of red dates also no use... this clomid shorten my period so much... how to resume? your lining is good.. how u do tat ?

I heard that is the disadvantage of clomid, thinning of lining. Sometimes it is due to poor blood circulation.. You can try soaking your feet with warm water daily (30 min), eat red bean soup and more protein.. otherwise you can try acupuncture too.

I heard that is the disadvantage of clomid, thinning of lining. Sometimes it is due to poor blood circulation.. You can try soaking your feet with warm water daily (30 min), eat red bean soup and more protein.. otherwise you can try acupuncture too.

my period after clomid only lasted for 2 days. sigh

Any ladies tried the supplement (pearlin) from e. Excel before?

Recently i heard this supplement is good for ladies who is TTC...i thinking of trying ...so wonder if anyone tried.. can advise??

Hi all, anyone heard of caffeine in coffee n tea reducing e chance of concieving? I've tried to reduce them but I'm addicted to it...

Hi all, anyone heard of caffeine in coffee n tea reducing e chance of concieving? I've tried to reduce them but I'm addicted to it...
Hi yup i have read in articles commenting that caffeine will affect fertility. So no coffee and tea for me. If i really need to drink tea, i take those without caffeine ones.

Ya..i read somewhere that if u r preggy, dont drink excessively cos the bb unable to "digest" it but i didnt see anything on affecting the chance of concieving.

Antway went to ying chuan tcm at jurong east st 21? Can i just walk in? Or need to call them for appt? Any idea what is their operating hours?

i read that we should actually reduce to 2 cups per week and not on daily basis. i can't find the website now.

i am trying to cut to less than 2 cups per week. actually i think i did conceive with my #1 when i reduce coffee back then. dont remember clearly though :p

gambatte.

Went for my second scan yesterday. Lining 12.9 triple. 15 follicles detected >=8mm. Yesterday morning I tested ovulation strip and he has a line.

Had trigger shot last night and this morning tested for ovulation again and line is darker. Worry that I may ovulated before ER. Will it Happen?

Tks all. Quick question - Anyone went to Ying Chuan tcm at Jurong east st 21? Can i just walk in or they accept appointment by phone?

Tks all. Quick question - Anyone went to Ying Chuan tcm at Jurong east st 21? Can i just walk in or they accept appointment by phone?

ying chuan is overated. heard the sinsei like to insist u to go to her specified gynae and there will definitely be operation and all patients have the same condition according to the gynae. the gynae wasn't even a fertility favourite.

Hi , I walked in and I agree w Jayjayqueenie, did not have good experience nor inspire confidence. Just search this forum, u will see quite a few that shared their experience, got into debt because of her recommendation.

however there seemed to be some who seemed to had luck w her.

That's really comforting to hear. But I hope to give him a little 'scare' so he can quit smoking or at least cut down by a bit.

At least you have one thing lesser to worry about! I hope I can stabilize my ovulation soon. I've gone to the extend that I might want to jump into ivf but I know I shouldn't. At least for now.
hi my hubby report also has the tetrazoospermia. in sept last year it was less than 1 percent but doc wasnt worried abt it.. said it depends on how the lab defines abnormal..just gave him some supplements. but when i showed my tcm doc she was like 'no chance for natural.. how encouraging right? so we got him to do accupunture to improve and thankfully got improvement...now 4%. funny thing is western docs arent worried abt it but tcm doc say we shd treat. anyway the natural way didnt work out and we are on our first ivf cycle now!

u are not alone. i also unfollowed some frens on fb haha they post baby pics like every day a few times. IG also only baby pics n videos... now most are going on to no 2 baby. really sian lor

but we gota block all that out and believe it is our turn soon!!

u are not alone. i also unfollowed some frens on fb haha they post baby pics like every day a few times. IG also only baby pics n videos... now most are going on to no 2 baby. really sian lor

but we gota block all that out and believe it is our turn soon!!
Hello!! Ya lor. I deleted of my fb app already. Extreme to some ppl but no choice. Have to keep myself happier!! The western doc didn't prescribe anything for my hubby so I just make sure he eats the repro vitamin~ but also I feel like this baby plan thing is taking a toll on our relationship, so I try to give in as much and don't scold him to make him no mood to bd. once I have my bump, he will get it. (lol)

My sis just gave birth today and when I hold her in my arm, I feel like I can be a mother anytime and I'm so motivated to have at least one! Never give up ok!! Look at cute babies' photos~

Can I know which tcm you go to? I feel I should get everything checked and maybe to make myself stronger as prep.

Hello!! Ya lor. I deleted of my fb app already. Extreme to some ppl but no choice. Have to keep myself happier!! The western doc didn't prescribe anything for my hubby so I just make sure he eats the repro vitamin~ but also I feel like this baby plan thing is taking a toll on our relationship, so I try to give in as much and don't scold him to make him no mood to bd. once I have my bump, he will get it. (lol)

My sis just gave birth today and when I hold her in my arm, I feel like I can be a mother anytime and I'm so motivated to have at least one! Never give up ok!! Look at cute babies' photos~

Can I know which tcm you go to? I feel I should get everything checked and maybe to make myself stronger as prep.
hi! i went to thomson chinese med opposite thomson medical centre. should get your hubby to go w u and get both checked for ur first visit. we wasted some time cause we thot i was the one that needed to tiao but turns out both of us needed it. haiz. and men need at least 3 to 6 mths for improvement. women easier to monitor progress but men only got SA then can see.

don't let this bb plan come in the way of yr marriage ya. i learnt that despite it being so tough, it made us stronger too. plus u really need DH to be that pillar of strength. actually they also affected one.. just dont express like us.

jiayou!!!

Hi ladies.. can i ask if anyone have brown spotting before AF everytime? Is it bad to have brown spotting before AF, & will affect my pregnancy???

Hi ladies.. can i ask if anyone have brown spotting before AF everytime? Is it bad to have brown spotting before AF, & will affect my pregnancy???
I used to have it. At first its due to ovarian blood cysts which I removed.

More recently, it is likely due to low progesterone. I was monitoring my bbt and it was on the low side. I typically start spotting from 12dpo. After I told my tcm doc, she adjusted the meds and it went away.

So maybe you can ask your tcm doc if you currently see one?

I used to have it. At first its due to ovarian blood cysts which I removed.

More recently, it is likely due to low progesterone. I was monitoring my bbt and it was on the low side. I typically start spotting from 12dpo. After I told my tcm doc, she adjusted the meds and it went away.

So maybe you can ask your tcm doc if you currently see one?
My tcm knows abt it... but he nv say anything abt it.. mayb i need to check with Dr tan HH see if there is other tests i need to do....

Not sure if will affect my pregnancy .. i jus failed ny fresh cycle

hi...i have to confess to doing something silly. i have a bit of joint issues in especially my right knee. so i have been taking glucosamine.

i have joint problems after giving birth to #1.

i know recent studies show that glucosamine might be useless but i feel better in my joints after taking it for sometime. but i just read that it my affect my ability to conceive.

i need to quit taking it now. but i wonder what other things can help in my joints.

hi...i have to confess to doing something silly. i have a bit of joint issues in especially my right knee. so i have been taking glucosamine.

i have joint problems after giving birth to #1.

i know recent studies show that glucosamine might be useless but i feel better in my joints after taking it for sometime. but i just read that it my affect my ability to conceive.

i need to quit taking it now. but i wonder what other things can help in my joints.
Hi.. I have the same problem after giving birth to #1.. my mum always scold me cos she said its due to no proper confinement done.. the pain comes when I climb up a step of stairs or when I sit too long.. my fren intro me to Java massage and it ease my pain.. been to the massage a few times and now it's better...

hi my hubby report also has the tetrazoospermia. in sept last year it was less than 1 percent but doc wasnt worried abt it.. said it depends on how the lab defines abnormal..just gave him some supplements. but when i showed my tcm doc she was like 'no chance for natural.. how encouraging right? so we got him to do accupunture to improve and thankfully got improvement...now 4%. funny thing is western docs arent worried abt it but tcm doc say we shd treat. anyway the natural way didnt work out and we are on our first ivf cycle now!
Hi Minikiwi,

Can i get the contact of the tcm whom your husband is seeing? We also need help in this area. Feeling abit helpless now as my husband's sperm morphology is dropping to <1%.

Need some help here~

Thank you!

Hi Minikiwi,

Can i get the contact of the tcm whom your husband is seeing? We also need help in this area. Feeling abit helpless now as my husband's sperm morphology is dropping to <1%.

Need some help here~

Thank you!

some vitamins seem to help. is yr hubby taking any?

Hi Minikiwi,

Need some help here~

Thank you!
hi there! we are seeing Dr Gee at thomson chinese medicine opposite TMC . hubby goes for accu every week and we saw an improvement in percentage. so really v thankful. need at least 3 to 6 mths to see a change. apart from morphology there are also other factors that docs look at. however ours does seem like morphology issue as we been tryin for so long. all e best! where did u guys do SA at?

anybody try gua sha / cupping to improve overall health & manage to get pregnant??

so far i have only heard accupuncture is a more popular option :)

a bit too much info here...has it ever occurred to anyone that during your 2ww, u have a lot of fluid / discharge gush out of u.

and how's your weekend everyone ? ;)

@jayjayqueenie
Hello... been feeling very very "sian" and down cos AF came... sigh was hoping this would be my lucky month. Timing all good, opk positive yet no BFP.

I don't notice a lot of discharge in luteal phase. Just slightly only.

I thought gushing and watery usually is when u are ovulating. Very fertile mucus. Could u have ovulated late this month?

Hi all. Jus like to check if anyone experienced ovulation when u are still having period? Mine was kind of rare case because I failed my first ivf and since start of period on 30 Aug till now bleeding no stop and did ultrasound yesterday then doctor said I am ovulating haha. So wondering if I make love today will be pregnant? Lol

Hi all. Jus like to check if anyone experienced ovulation when u are still having period? Mine was kind of rare case because I failed my first ivf and since start of period on 30 Aug till now bleeding no stop and did ultrasound yesterday then doctor said I am ovulating haha. So wondering if I make love today will be pregnant? Lol

yes rare case indeed. however if you are pregnant and then u ovulate again, superfoetation can occur. u get twins that are few days apart.

but during period days hmm...i am not sure if its possible to get pregnant because your uterine wall is shedding.

@jayjayqueenie
Hello... been feeling very very "sian" and down cos AF came... sigh was hoping this would be my lucky month. Timing all good, opk positive yet no BFP.

I don't notice a lot of discharge in luteal phase. Just slightly only.

I thought gushing and watery usually is when u are ovulating. Very fertile mucus. Could u have ovulated late this month?

i ovulated on schedule but feeling so dizzy now. i wonder y.

i have it same as u too timing all but but no bfp everytime. i wonder y again lol.

Hi guys, just an update.. and abit of ranting...

I went to a women's clinic near my house on 12 Sept. My LMP is 25 July. Few days prior to my appt, I was spotting some brown blood. I was worried so i bought the test kits again. it's still a BFP.
12 Sept came and the doc did a scan thru the vagina. He told me that there wasn't any foetus, only got a yolk sac, said i am supposed to be 6-7 weeks but it looks like 4 weeks, the pregnancy is a failed one. Advised me go D&C ASAP. He said most likely within the next 3 days i will be bleeding or in pain.

Feeling upset, I went home and dread for the day to come that the thing inside me will come out naturally by itself. I didn't want to go for D&C, too scary. The brown spotting stopped shortly after the appt. 1 week later, still nothing. No pain no bleeding.
I decided to go KKH to see a doc and also arrange for D&C so i can get it over and done with!

Last Sat, 23 Sept, I went to KKH O&G (24 hr clinic) for consultation. Already preparing myself for the worst.
The doc did a virginal scan for me... and guess what?? The fetus is there! Got heart beat also.
I was in shock and confused, how can it be? The KKH doc said I'm 6 weeks, and everything is normal as of now. When I ask her about the 1st doctor's diagnosis, she said all these dates are estimated, might not be accurate.

I went home to google - some women have this happening to them too. They said "the dates are off" I don't really know what it means? Like I'm supposed to be 8 weeks now but the KKH doctor said im 6?
Issit my fetus has slow development? Is this normal??

I'm kind of angry about the first doctor that I went to.. His words cause me emotional stress and keep on thinking about the empty yolk sac inside me. Doesn't he know that dates might be abit off?

PM me if anybody wants to know about the Women's Clinic that I went to.

Hi guys, just an update.. and abit of ranting...

I went to a women's clinic near my house on 12 Sept. My LMP is 25 July. Few days prior to my appt, I was spotting some brown blood. I was worried so i bought the test kits again. it's still a BFP.
12 Sept came and the doc did a scan thru the vagina. He told me that there wasn't any foetus, only got a yolk sac, said i am supposed to be 6-7 weeks but it looks like 4 weeks, the pregnancy is a failed one. Advised me go D&C ASAP. He said most likely within the next 3 days i will be bleeding or in pain.

Feeling upset, I went home and dread for the day to come that the thing inside me will come out naturally by itself. I didn't want to go for D&C, too scary. The brown spotting stopped shortly after the appt. 1 week later, still nothing. No pain no bleeding.
I decided to go KKH to see a doc and also arrange for D&C so i can get it over and done with!

Last Sat, 23 Sept, I went to KKH O&G (24 hr clinic) for consultation. Already preparing myself for the worst.
The doc did a virginal scan for me... and guess what?? The fetus is there! Got heart beat also.
I was in shock and confused, how can it be? The KKH doc said I'm 6 weeks, and everything is normal as of now. When I ask her about the 1st doctor's diagnosis, she said all these dates are estimated, might not be accurate.

I went home to google - some women have this happening to them too. They said "the dates are off" I don't really know what it means? Like I'm supposed to be 8 weeks now but the KKH doctor said im 6?
Issit my fetus has slow development? Is this normal??

I'm kind of angry about the first doctor that I went to.. His words cause me emotional stress and keep on thinking about the empty yolk sac inside me. Doesn't he know that dates might be abit off?

PM me if anybody wants to know about the Women's Clinic that I went to.
sorry to know about your encounter.
i have the same experience last time where the gynae's ultrasound machine is quite old and cannot find my fetus.
sometimes the gynae has too many patients so he/she cannot care much.
i have similar frustration with my fertility specialist too. so i "fired" him.

glad that you have the heartbeat.
yes it's sometimes wise to wait for a while then go for 2nd opinion.

did kkh give you any medicine to stabilize the pregnancy ?

are you still spotting now ?

sorry to know about your encounter.
i have the same experience last time where the gynae's ultrasound machine is quite old and cannot find my fetus.
sometimes the gynae has too many patients so he/she cannot care much.
i have similar frustration with my fertility specialist too. so i "fired" him.

glad that you have the heartbeat.
yes it's sometimes wise to wait for a while then go for 2nd opinion.

did kkh give you any medicine to stabilize the pregnancy ?

are you still spotting now ?

Yes he seems very popular and didn't show any emotions when telling me. He literally ask me go remove it NOW.

I didnt hear the heartbeat but the KKH doc told me there is. Am I missing out anything..?

KKH gave me Folic Acid 5mg. is it enough?

I stopped spotting after the first visit to the doctor's.

According to an EDD calculator online, I'm supposed to be 8 weeks (LMP 25/7/17)
But then how come I'm only 6...?
Reference: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy-due-date-calculator

Yes he seems very popular and didn't show any emotions when telling me. He literally ask me go remove it NOW.

I didnt hear the heartbeat but the KKH doc told me there is. Am I missing out anything..?

KKH gave me Folic Acid 5mg. is it enough?

I stopped spotting after the first visit to the doctor's.

According to an EDD calculator online, I'm supposed to be 8 weeks (LMP 25/7/17)
But then how come I'm only 6...?
Reference: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy-due-date-calculator
Could be you ovulated late?using LMP to gauge how far you are in your pregnancy is only accurate for those with regular 28 to 30 days cycle. But if your cycle is hay wire and longer like mine...then using ultrasound will be more accurate.

@babyfats

omg ... thank god u went to another doc.
Always good to wait.... All the best, to a successful pregnancy. now i think back my 2nd mc, i regretted i didn't wait. they asked me to take duphoston as well as folic acid... initially when the fetus was abit smaller.

5mg folic is standard in the hospital. u only need 800mg minimally.

Back