May 2018 Mummies

But haven't reach 4 months pregnancy, is it safe to inform boss?
if your daily activities is less suitable for pregnant woman, then you should say. my told my ex boss during the1st month as my previous job require to carry heavy things. he just rearrange me to work something more desk bound.

Hi , in a dilemma for gynae. Heard that Dr Ho Hon Kwok is good esp with his stitching but not really comfortable with guy gynae. And was recommend Dr Wk Tan and supposedly is very experienced but seems like she is fierce and very strict . I am pretty chill so not sure whether I will like her style . The other one is Dr choo wan Ling. Not as experienced as the other two but heard she is patient and friendly. Any reviews for the above anyone?

Hi, I'm a patient of Dr WK Tan for my natural delivery of my #1 and #2 (and she also delivered me and my 4 sisters by c-section)! I'm going to see her again Oct 3 for my #3. I have not found her to be fierce, she is always friendly and patient despite the many patients! Have you decided which gynea to see? :)

Hi all, I'm currently 6+ weeks. This is my first pregnancy. Just wonder, when do you all intend to tell your line manager of your pregnancy?

After I see gynae at my week 7, I got my gynae to write a letter and inform my line manager immediately because my job requires some manual work and I was hoping to 'nego' to do some other duties.

Hi, I'm a patient of Dr WK Tan for my natural delivery of my #1 and #2 (and she also delivered me and my 4 sisters by c-section)! I'm going to see her again Oct 3 for my #3. I have not found her to be fierce, she is always friendly and patient despite the many patients! Have you decided which gynea to see? :)
Was thinking to go for Dr Ho since a lot of reviews about his good stitching . For Dr Wk Tan is it true that usually the wait is 1-2hrs ?

I booked appt w her on next week. is she really good and patient like how other reviews mentioned?
She is quite patient with my questions though I sense a rush probably because they have some power failure issue that day and there was a held up . Nurses are quite friendly too. Do note that for weekend appt there will be additional $30 charges .

I also informed my boss when i am about 6 weeks along. Firstly, i want to prep my boss so that she knows she need to make some kind of arrangement to cover your work for about 4 months. Secondly, if i need to go see gynae and all these i just take time off during work. At least i don't have to find excuses.

Hi everyone I tested positive last week and did my first scan with the gynae today. Edd should be end May. This is my second pregnancy. My first was via ivf so hub and I were totally caught off guard by this natural conception. Hope the little one sticks. @rong50 I messaged you my number to join the WhatsApp group. If anyone is searching for a gynae and especially wants a natural birth, I highly recommend Dr Paul Tseng.

She is quite patient with my questions though I sense a rush probably because they have some power failure issue that day and there was a held up . Nurses are quite friendly too. Do note that for weekend appt there will be additional $30 charges .

Ya. They mentioned to me additional $30 when I called to book appt. thks for the review :)

Was thinking to go for Dr Ho since a lot of reviews about his good stitching . For Dr Wk Tan is it true that usually the wait is 1-2hrs ?

Yes, we have to wait! (Have you heard that the wait is not so long for other doctors? I've compared with friends who have other doctors and they say it's about the same..)

Thanks all for the reply. I just joined for less than a year & my company is undergoing reorganization now. I've an office job & don't have morning sickness symptoms at the moment. But hesitant to inform my manager given the situation now. :(

It's a happy news that we have a little one coming but the unstability is a little worrying.

Anyway, I'll be more positive about it & share the news when I confirm a healthy pregnancy. All the best to the mommies to be!

I also havent told my boss... partly cos once i tell everyone will know and i m afraid it is not stable yet...

I prev got a miscarriage earlier this yr and at that time three colleagues around me were preggie with around the same edd and they told bosses during first trim... in a way i was glad i din tell anyone cos i think i would not know how to face them knowing that they know i have lost my bb

Im with Dr Ben Neo.. waiting time is about 30 mins to an hour.. sometimes less than 30 mins if lucky haha.. i remember with Dr Lawrence Ang(my first gynae).. really 1 to 2 hours sobsob

Standard everyday but different times of the day and different intensities of nausea...

Thks for e info. Anyone has morning sickness but did not exp everyday...

I stop exp morning sickness since yesterday..hope nothing wrong with baby

Just tested positive during the weekend and im now at 4.4 weeks. EDD end may. This is my first baby, previously had a mc in feb..... Making me quite paranoid now, hope it wont happen again.

Hello all. We tested positive on Saturday morning with an EDD of late May 2018.
I did some quick research into gynaes this morning and am torn between Lim May Li and Wendy Teo. Those are the options I narrowed it down to as I would like to deliver at Mount E Novena. Lim May Li because she is very well reviewed by a good friend who shared that she is so patient and caring that she doesn't even mind you Whatsapping her if it is urgent and Wendy Teo because of the multiple positive reviews online. Have any of you heard of Lim May Li? As I cannot find many reviews on her save for one.
Please add me to the Whatsapp chat group too. Thanks.

Hi , in a dilemma for gynae. Heard that Dr Ho Hon Kwok is good esp with his stitching but not really comfortable with guy gynae. And was recommend Dr Wk Tan and supposedly is very experienced but seems like she is fierce and very strict . I am pretty chill so not sure whether I will like her style . The other one is Dr choo wan Ling. Not as experienced as the other two but heard she is patient and friendly. Any reviews for the above anyone?
Dr WK Tan was my first gynae. I went with her because she is very experienced. She delivered me as well (i.e. my mother's gynae too). She's very much a no-nonsense doctor. The wait times are also more than 60 minutes long on average. I am deciding to go with someone else as I've learnt that it's important for me to have someone who is very patient with new mothers. If anyone has someone patient with well-reviewed deliveries to recommend from Mount E Novena, it'll be much appreciated!

Dr WK Tan was my first gynae. I went with her because she is very experienced. She delivered me as well (i.e. my mother's gynae too). She's very much a no-nonsense doctor. The wait times are also more than 60 minutes long on average. I am deciding to go with someone else as I've learnt that it's important for me to have someone who is very patient with new mothers. If anyone has someone patient with well-reviewed deliveries to recommend from Mount E Novena, it'll be much appreciated!
Wow that will be quite an experience to have the gynae who delivered you to be delivering your baby now. I was told by fren that she is one lady with few words but caring and motherly. I was considering her because first pregnancy for me and considered high risk so would want someone who is experienced yet I want someone who is patient to share my anxiety as first time mum. Maybe you can consider Dr choo wan ling at mt e novena . No harm making first appointment to see if you are comfortable with her style .

Wow that will be quite an experience to have the gynae who delivered you to be delivering your baby now. I was told by fren that she is one lady with few words but caring and motherly. I was considering her because first pregnancy for me and considered high risk so would want someone who is experienced yet I want someone who is patient to share my anxiety as first time mum. Maybe you can consider Dr choo wan ling at mt e novena . No harm making first appointment to see if you are comfortable with her style .
Thanks, Mui. Have you made an appointment with Dr. Choo yourself?

Hi! I just tested positive yesterday naturally after 2 rounds of failed Ivf and a miscarriage! Can't believe it happened naturally. But I'm having phobia that it might be a chemical or another miscarriage. Wonder if I should do a test or just wait for doc appt.
How do you walk in for a blood test at Kkh, how much is it and will they call you with result? Who high was your hcg?
congrat @cheazoo . u gave us hope. how long did u ttc after ur mc?

Hello all. We tested positive on Saturday morning with an EDD of late May 2018.
I did some quick research into gynaes this morning and am torn between Lim May Li and Wendy Teo. Those are the options I narrowed it down to as I would like to deliver at Mount E Novena. Lim May Li because she is very well reviewed by a good friend who shared that she is so patient and caring that she doesn't even mind you Whatsapping her if it is urgent and Wendy Teo because of the multiple positive reviews online. Have any of you heard of Lim May Li? As I cannot find many reviews on her save for one.
Please add me to the Whatsapp chat group too. Thanks.

Can i ask any reason why u want mount e novena specifically? I m a bit torn actually cos there r pple who say actually those govt type hospitals like kkh / sgh are better

Can i ask any reason why u want mount e novena specifically? I m a bit torn actually cos there r pple who say actually those govt type hospitals like kkh / sgh are better
I've heard that too and it's largely because the claim is that government hospitals are more equipped to handle any complications due to their access to the latest technology/equipment. Personally, I am deciding on Mount E Novena as I've heard good enough things about the service and of course, the environment. I was at TMC with my first pregnancy but unfortunately, I wasn't impressed. I really wanted to too because I was born there afterall. From what I heard, the other con about seeing someone from a public hospital is the wait times and the limited access to your personal gynae.

Anyone experience bad appetite? Any ways to overcome it?
Not yet but had very bad morning sickness in my first pregnancy which completely affected my appetite - from super greedy to hating all food. The trick (for me) was to take very small meals at a time and consume simpler tasting foods (nothing overly seasoned, spiced or tasty, really!).

Has anyone here experienced implantation bleeding this pregnancy and if so, how did it present? I am new to this forum and clearly have alot of burning questions.

Not yet but had very bad morning sickness in my first pregnancy which completely affected my appetite - from super greedy to hating all food. The trick (for me) was to take very small meals at a time and consume simpler tasting foods (nothing overly seasoned, spiced or tasty, really!).

Me too. Recently I start to realise all the food I love now turned to hate them. Worst thing is I feel tasteless. While husband n family keep on forcing me to eat :(

congrat @cheazoo . u gave us hope. how long did u ttc after ur mc?

Hihi, I tried for 2 years after mc, after 1st year tried Ivf twice but fail. Decided to try tcm for 3 months to condition my body before going for 3rd Ivf attempt. And on 3rd month, didn't expect to conceive naturally. If u r trying naturally, I can refer my tcm clinic at roxy square in east to you. Doc can do acupuncture for Ivf preparation too.
Good luck and baby dusts!

Has anyone here experienced implantation bleeding this pregnancy and if so, how did it present? I am new to this forum and clearly have alot of burning questions.

I think i am having implantation bleeding. Keep having on n off spotting. Gynae check seem to be nothing wrong but still it on n off. I am kind of worries too.

I think i am having implantation bleeding. Keep having on n off spotting. Gynae check seem to be nothing wrong but still it on n off. I am kind of worries too.
Thanks for your response. Glad I am not alone. I am about 5 weeks now and have been spotting (alternating between brown and pink) since Friday. Which gynae are you seeing? Did they recommend anything else? I have a first appointment tomorrow morning.

Hihi, I tried for 2 years after mc, after 1st year tried Ivf twice but fail. Decided to try tcm for 3 months to condition my body before going for 3rd Ivf attempt. And on 3rd month, didn't expect to conceive naturally. If u r trying naturally, I can refer my tcm clinic at roxy square in east to you. Doc can do acupuncture for Ivf preparation too.
Are you still doing acupuncture now to 'an tai'? I am considering doing that if you could share the contact. :)

Thanks for your response. Glad I am not alone. I am about 5 weeks now and have been spotting (alternating between brown and pink) since Friday. Which gynae are you seeing? Did they recommend anything else? I have a first appointment tomorrow morning.

I am seeing Mt A Dr Kang but she no longer do delivery so i would need to change gynae when i passed 1st Trimester. But she is my gynae for 1st and 2nd child so i decided to go back to her n seek her advice. Was taking medication to support the pregnancy Day and Night. Asked not to carry my kids, no shopping and more bed rest. I was asked to cancel my trip to Japan due to the spotting. Hopefully bb will stick on well.

I am seeing Mt A Dr Kang but she no longer do delivery so i would need to change gynae when i passed 1st Trimester. But she is my gynae for 1st and 2nd child so i decided to go back to her n seek her advice. Was taking medication to support the pregnancy Day and Night. Asked not to carry my kids, no shopping and more bed rest. I was asked to cancel my trip to Japan due to the spotting. Hopefully bb will stick on well.
I hope so too. Sending lots of sticky baby dust to you. :)

Hi @cheazoo. Thanks for ur help. Is urs a male or female issue? My hb has low sperm but i hope can bfp naturally too

Thanks, Mui. Have you made an appointment with Dr. Choo yourself?
I had appointment with her 1 week ago. Quite friendly but probably her clinic was having technical issue that day so a lot of appts were held up and seem to be rushing during the scan.

Are you still doing acupuncture now to 'an tai'? I am considering doing that if you could share the contact. :)

Not doing Accupuncture now, not sure if can do that during pregnancy. It's better you see the tcm doc first and see what she say.
Will pm you her contact.

Hi mummies-to be, how do you keep yourself healthy and eating right during first trimester?
Any dos and don'ts?

Hi mummies, any of you have experience with dealing with sciatica pain during pregnancy?

I'm having difficulties sitting down/ wallking due to the sciatica pain. (not sure if it's due to the pregnancy or slip disc)
I just went to the dr for pain management and he's suggesting a trigger point injection to block the pain but I will prefer non-medical treatment.

Hi mummies-to be, how do you keep yourself healthy and eating right during first trimester?
Any dos and don'ts?

Actually i find it increasingly difficult cos i used to like eating vegetables but now i just feel like eating unhealthy stuff like meat, den i got gestational diabetes my first pregnancy so think i got to control also

Back