April 2018 Mummies

Is fish oil necessary? My doc says no need take too much supplements

Fish oil is good for brain development. But folic acid is good enough for the 1st trimester. Then can start multivitamins in the 2nd trimester. Some docs don't really encourage so many supplements like my previous gynae. But my current gynae prescribes all in one multivitamin with EPA & DHA for me.

I heard about it too. That's why never touch spicy stuff as well for my 1st preg. But my bb always shout loudly at times if things don't go her way. A bit of temper though. So I think still can take but not avoiding it totally.

I also take spicy sometimes becoz it is appetising .. well kids are kids they will shout no matter what.. stay happy and eat in moderation what makes preggy mummy happy.thats why I still take some cold drinks at times if not the whole pregnancy is going to be miserable.. we mummies need to stay happy and eat food without too much bad impact on baby.. alcohol is definitely no no .. and I also took banana even though Chinese believe it is not good for baby..

Dear Andtheniammum,

Thanks for your advise, I will need to plan and think abit. I haven't posted for a while and so many new posts to read! :) I just went for my Panorama test yesterday. They took 5 tubes of blood in all. 3 big tubes and 2 smaller tubes. I chatted with the nurse to distract myself. Luckily she had the skill and it wasn't painful. Phew. Just counting down to know the results.

Every morning I have a challenge of swallowing the huge fish oil capsule. It just gets stuck in the throat and refuses to go down, make me gagging in the process. How did you all manage to conquer this? :p

No problem! Remb to plan soon becoz confinement nanny Need to book asap. Yes I hate drawing blood also but no choice.. we have to endure..I don't take fish oil but u should take a type that has a smaller capsule? The gagging feeling is real and terrible.. my toothbrush in my mouth cause me to gag every morning but what to do I still need to brush my teeth but less so inside the mouth..
till we get better after first trimester.
How soon will you get your panorama test?
Yes I am going for OSCAR test next week and will be counting down for results too! Stay positive and take care each day!

I heard about it too. That's why never touch spicy stuff as well for my 1st preg. But my bb always shout loudly at times if things don't go her way. A bit of temper though. So I think still can take but not avoiding it totally.
Yes, mine also like this. At times want the thing can shout or cry until top of the voice.

Ya think just eat what we are happy. I do eat watermelon also i know cannot. I eat salad which is raw food as this is my craving. Of course no raw meat.

@ andtheniammum, Yes, happy mummy will have happy baby. I take a bit of ice-cream at times (for comfort). I take bananas for 1st preg and now too as it relieved constipation and filling too. It will help in nausea somehow.

Ya think just eat what we are happy. I do eat watermelon also i know cannot. I eat salad which is raw food as this is my craving. Of course no raw meat.

Yeah, no raw meat though. But I had fever the last preg after taking sushi. Though I din order raw ones, but majority of the sushis are cold ones. So it's better to refrain or take minimal especially the 1st sem.

Hey bro! Looks like we are on the same boat. The doctor was recommended to me by a friend whose also a doctor at NUH. My doctor is a consultant, if i had went with a senior consultant it would be another 100+ extra if im not wrong.

I chose NUH because its really near my place and research seems to suggest they are in fact one of the most recommended. In any case my wife has decided today that shes sticking with our doctor cos shes super nice and patient which is a bonus when my wife doesnt speak english too well.

You are in good hands with NUH. The midwives there are pretty experiences. Nurse are pretty kind and they are pro breast feeding.

just created a private group.. (realized a lot of baby expo vendors are creating mummies edd group). but i prefer a private group instead. see if you mummies can join? else can pm me and i can add in facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/500880856939167/

I understand from my friends that even if it is a private group, Facebook will still suggest to your friends (who have joined similar mummy groups) to join and indicated that you are in the group. Haha I havent announced to my friends yet so I will join after first trimester k! :)

I understand from my friends that even if it is a private group, Facebook will still suggest to your friends (who have joined similar mummy groups) to join and indicated that you are in the group. Haha I havent announced to my friends yet so I will join after first trimester k! :)
Omg is this true?

I love to eat spicy too like tom yam, curry and laska. But heard eat spicy child next time will become bad temper is this true? My 1st pregnancy i did that and my 1st child a bit hot temper kind. Current pregnancy i try to reduce but never cut.
Haha oh no, is this really true? I have been eating Ma La, Tom Yum, Curries, Balachan... you name it.

I read that if you crave spicy food it could be your immune system is lower than normal and your body is instinctively craving foods that help it. If you crave chocolate, you could have a lack of magnesium.

Haha oh no, is this really true? I have been eating Ma La, Tom Yum, Curries, Balachan... you name it.

I read that if you crave spicy food it could be your immune system is lower than normal and your body is instinctively craving foods that help it. If you crave chocolate, you could have a lack of magnesium.
If i crave for salad what do I lack of haha? So far this pregnancy my ms so far so good but that's also make me worry.

I love to eat spicy too like tom yam, curry and laska. But heard eat spicy child next time will become bad temper is this true? My 1st pregnancy i did that and my 1st child a bit hot temper kind. Current pregnancy i try to reduce but never cut.
not true.. i ate bee hoon soto extra chilli for my first pregnancy. ate it every lunch time. my #1 is the most gentle little boy i've seen

Hi guys.. im about 7 weeks along and due in early may with #3 but i usually go into labour much earlier, ard 37-38 weeks so I'll be hovering around both april and may groups

My gynae for both #1 & #2 was Dr Wong HF at tampines TMC. Best gynae ever but i may not be going back to him.... my hubs recently joined the civil service and can only claim if i give birth at gov hospital . But have no idea how to about getting a gynae at kkh. Any advise?

Hi guys.. im about 7 weeks along and due in early may with #3 but i usually go into labour much earlier, ard 37-38 weeks so I'll be hovering around both april and may groups

My gynae for both #1 & #2 was Dr Wong HF at tampines TMC. Best gynae ever but i may not be going back to him.... my hubs recently joined the civil service and can only claim if i give birth at gov hospital . But have no idea how to about getting a gynae at kkh. Any advise?
I having the same problem as you. My #1 was Dr Wong really good and my delivery was so smooth. Now i am thinking of kkh as i might need insulin and scare cost high if i continue. But kkh and Dr Wong visit Really great difference.

I having the same problem as you. My #1 was Dr Wong really good and my delivery was so smooth. Now i am thinking of kkh as i might need insulin and scare cost high if i continue. But kkh and Dr Wong visit Really great difference.
What kind of difference are you referring to? Waiting times or procedure...? I love how dr wong scans at every visit and explain every scan detail patiently....really not keen to go anywhere else.. .

What kind of difference are you referring to? Waiting times or procedure...? I love how dr wong scans at every visit and explain every scan detail patiently....really not keen to go anywhere else.. .
kkh. Scan at one place then the machine very blurr can't see well. After that see doctor another place then got to wait some time then if doctor got the machine also very very blurr. Take medicine another place and draw blood or take weight another place. Then if any emergency is go to their 24hrs. Unlike my first #1 with Dr Wong i got bleed at night then call Dr Wong and ask me faster see him at his clinic. Immediately attend to us and at least is Dr Wong. If kkh go to emergency will be attended by MO. So these are the differences.
Of course for cost during delivery kkh will be cost saving.

yes.. eat with moderation is ok in small quantity

ok ok..
initially I thought that batang fish is ok but after checking on internet then see some comments that it is consider king mackerel.
and i can't rem how many times i have eaten those sliced batang fish soup. :(

Hi Everyone,

My ETD is 1st week of April 2018.

I have been very stress and cannot stop worry even I am week 12 now.

I have been doing bedrest for about 2mths already. Having serious constipation and need medi in order to release bowel. Always bloated and feeling uncomfortable. Any little cramp or pulling or tighten feel At tummy I will start to feel nervous. Always in panic mood. Everyday there is action at tummy. I can't tell whether is it normal or due to bloated gas or constipation.

No appetite too.

I know I need to relax and remain calm for the sake of BB. I have been trying very hard but not easy.

I have not share my pregnancy news with my friends. There is no one to chat with when I started to feel panic and full of worry. Feel like crying sometimes.

Praying for smooth and healthy journey.

Hi Everyone,

I have been doing bedrest for about 2mths already. Having serious constipation and need medi in order to release bowel. Always bloated and feeling uncomfortable. Any little cramp or pulling or tighten feel At tummy I will start to feel nervous. Always in panic mood. Everyday there is action at tummy. I can't tell whether is it normal or due to bloated gas or constipation.

No appetite too.

I know I need to relax and remain calm for the sake of BB. I have been trying very hard but not easy.

I have not share my pregnancy news with my friends. There is no one to chat with when I started to feel panic and full of worry. Feel like crying sometimes.

Hey, don't worry too much about this. Every woman will have different problems during pregnancy. Have you gone to see a doctor yet? If you have no appetite, at least try taking some multivitamins to ensure your body has enough nutrients to bring to baby. Sometimes it's better to tell your friends or family; a support system is very important for a pregnant woman!

JellyNova thank you for the support.

Yes, I went for check up every week since I am pregnant. Every US is good.

Dr knew I am stress over this pregnancy due to some history reason. She has been encouraging me too.

My hubby and in laws trying hard to take care of me too. Just that I don't them to worry too much so I didn't tell them whenever I feel unhappy or worry. Have been trying to watch drama to divert my brain. But sometime brain just out of my control.

Need to start walking bit by bit.. going back to work soon.

Dr did prescribe supplements. Just found out from urine test there is infection so on antibiotic now. And they are sending for further test just to make sure.

Hopefully my appetite will be back soon.

Hi
Am due ard late april & i need to look for a gynae for 2nd trimester care very soon. Any recommendations?

I am with nuh now - dr lim min yu but he is leaving nuh. I'm undecided if to find a new gynae elsewhere as i stay in east (nuh is far)..or follow dr lim to new pvt practices. Any experiences of delivery with dr lim to share?

Thanks!

Hi
Am due ard late april & i need to look for a gynae for 2nd trimester care very soon. Any recommendations?

I am with nuh now - dr lim min yu but he is leaving nuh. I'm undecided if to find a new gynae elsewhere as i stay in east (nuh is far)..or follow dr lim to new pvt practices. Any experiences of delivery with dr lim to share?

Thanks!

i am with Nuh. have gdm before. doc want me to take ogtt at 15wks this round! if pass 28wks test again..
so early.. wave good bye to sinful food

Hi Everyone,

No appetite too.

Don't feel stress. You can talk to us freely in this forum.

JellyNova thank you for the support.

Yes, I went for check up every week since I am pregnant. Every US is good.

Dr knew I am stress over this pregnancy due to some history reason. She has been encouraging me too.

My hubby and in laws trying hard to take care of me too. Just that I don't them to worry too much so I didn't tell them whenever I feel unhappy or worry. Have been trying to watch drama to divert my brain. But sometime brain just out of my control.

Need to start walking bit by bit.. going back to work soon.

Dr did prescribe supplements. Just found out from urine test there is infection so on antibiotic now. And they are sending for further test just to make sure.

Hopefully my appetite will be back soon.
I think out of all the problems we have, it's having to learn how to stay calm through every new thing, symptom, news that happens.

You can try some guided meditation - find on youtube. It will be helpful because you will have a healthy coping mechanism to keep calm in a panic situation.

And do your walking exercises at home, that way if you get too stressed or tired can just lie down and take a break.

Good luck and feel better soon.

Don't feel stress. You can talk to us freely in this forum.

Thank you LynnCandy.

I am trying to relax as much as possible. Try not to let my brain run wild.

Just wondering what I feel are there normal. Especially, keep having action feeling at tummy. Pulling and cramping. Difficult to tell is it due to gas or constipation. Or... trying not to think negative.

Praying hard everyday.

I think out of all the problems we have, it's having to learn how to stay calm through every new thing, symptom, news that happens.

You can try some guided meditation - find on youtube. It will be helpful because you will have a healthy coping mechanism to keep calm in a panic situation.

And do your walking exercises at home, that way if you get too stressed or tired can just lie down and take a break.

Good luck and feel better soon.

Today, I have start walking little by little.. need to prepare myself as going to start going office soon.

Next week is my last HL at home.

Thank you for the advice. I shall check out youtube.

Pray for all mother to be have a smooth and healthy journey.

Last edited:
Hi there, I am new here. Would like to find out from you ladies what supplements did your gynae prescribe?

My gynae only suggested new obimin for me. Am I taking enough? Rather worried about the developments. My scan is scheduled next week.

Thanks!

Hi there, I am new here. Would like to find out from you ladies what supplements did your gynae prescribe?

My gynae only suggested new obimin for me. Am I taking enough? Rather worried about the developments. My scan is scheduled next week.

Thanks!

My gynae prescribed multivitamins for me. Throughout the first trimester, it's good to take folic acid.

My gynae prescribed multivitamins for me. Throughout the first trimester, it's good to take folic acid.
I am already reaching 12 weeks. Was told that 4mg folic acid is too much. He told me to just take the obimin. Hope my baby is fine

I am already reaching 12 weeks. Was told that 4mg folic acid is too much. He told me to just take the obimin. Hope my baby is fine

Folic acid is effective for the 1st 3 months only, and then start multivitamins starting from 2nd semester onwards. Don't worry, if doc scan is good, then it is fine.

Folic acid is effective for the 1st 3 months only, and then start multivitamins starting from 2nd semester onwards. Don't worry, if doc scan is good, then it is fine.
Thanks! How many weeks are you in?
okay, thanks for the info! All the best to you :)

Into 9 weeks now. My nausea has improved slightly, really hope 1st trimester will pass soon. No prob and jiayou too.

same here.. really hope 1st trim quickly pass. my nausea start at 6weeks and now get more n more nausea and can be afternoon and evening too. Tmr will be 8weeks. Still hv a long way...still got 2weeks to my next appt. wonder how is bb doing liao.. Haha

Anyone having difficulty to sleep.

Bloated and gas are making me having difficulty to sleep... turning left and right.

Can you start feeling pressure at the tummy when turning on the bed.

same here.. really hope 1st trim quickly pass. my nausea start at 6weeks and now get more n more nausea and can be afternoon and evening too. Tmr will be 8weeks. Still hv a long way...still got 2weeks to my next appt. wonder how is bb doing liao.. Haha

My nausea starts when I am starting to get hungry. Think better eat small portions even though before hunger sets in. Usually by 10 weeks you will get a more accurate edd.
It seems ages to get to 2nd semester at times.. lol..

Hi mummies !
Been following the thread but was kinda holding back posting as first trimester is not over yet... but oh well :)... hang in there ! 1-2 more weeks to go!!
This 1st trimester is really hard to get through... as I had an empty sac for my 2nd preg... I'm also damn worried and paranoid :/

@jtky81
I haven't booked any confinement ladies yet, but heard charges ranges from $2600-3000

@Jillie, I take fish oil after meal. Think throat will be dry in the morning before food.

Good advice! Maybe I will eat a piece of choco or something sweet to cheat. Hope to conquer the fish oil problem.

Dr Tan prescribed me fish oil and multi vitamins so ok, I will try my best to finish it all. Besides they are quite costly.

I talked with my mum who has agreed to bunk in with me to help take care of baby so all I need to do is to arrange confinement food delivery. I dun want to tire her too much.

I saw a few good reviews abt Natal Essentials. Did anyone try then out? :)

My nausea starts when I am starting to get hungry. Think better eat small portions even though before hunger sets in. Usually by 10 weeks you will get a more accurate edd.
It seems ages to get to 2nd semester at times.. lol..

that time before hunger will nausea but now even after food will also feel nausea. lol so sian.

Back