Opinions needed to a "sensitive" topic

Angela L

Hi ladies, so I would like to have opinions on how I can answer my daughter; please bare with me as I share what happened.

So my son, who's 8 plays baseball and during a practice session he got hit by a ball in the male vulnerable part. He was pretty much on the ground for a good 30 minutes clutching himself before we were able to move him and ice him etc.

So for the next few hours my son had one hand in his pants holding himself even after we took him to the doctor to get himself checked out - thankfully the doctor assured us that there was no long term damage.

However my daughter who is 12 asked why her brother was reacting that way and i had explained that boys had etc and it hurts to get hit there.

After I explained it to her, her questions were; "why are boys parts so weak?" and "why are we told that boys are stronger than girls but one hit in that part and they can't do anything?".

She seems to have gotten more and more inquisitive about why "males are weak there". I've also seen her watching youtube clips of women hitting men in that part and smiling/giggling....

Any explanations to why this is happening and opinions/recommendations of what I can do???

Thanks in advance!

Back