Lactation cookies

Ibunnybom

I wanted to share my experience as a new nursing mom. I used to think motherhood will be a breeze especially when I will have confinement help. However, In my first week of motherhood, reality kicks in. Issues like a crying baby, lack of Breast milk, sore nipples, severe lack of sleep and total exhaustion just starting to take a toll on me, I was losing control over my life overnight. This feeling is scary to me especially when I'm a control freak and very soon depression starts to set in.

The key attributing factor was was dealing with guilt, not having enough milk to feed my baby and of course the lack of technique to latch correctly.

Fortunately one of friends passed me a bottle of lactation cookies which she bought. And ask me to eat it as a snack 2-3 pcs per day with milk! It will help. Close to desperation, I tried.

To my surprise, I see my milk supply started to increase gradually 10ml per day. It's not a lot per se but it's enough for my baby. A week ago I was pumping 40ml and I would be damn happy but now I am able to pump 100ml with each express. It's a small win but definitely helps me psychologically as well as meeting the demands of my baby.

I would recommend trying lactation cookies as one of the option if you are in the same situation as me. For sure, you need to complement it with lots of fluid intake.

Back