IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

I took this to work on the body. Is Zinc for guys. DR at tmc recommended. Do try, no harm

fbeb4c0b26bce67968d6120e62e760bb.jpg

Today is just the 3rd day of dpiui. Except for tender breasts, I have no other symptoms at all. What about the rest who are also in this 2ww journey? Let's keep each other update. :)

Thinking of starting SO-IUI end of the year if still did not manage to conceive naturally.

Dilemma if we should go back to SF Loh whom we did our fertility check or go to KKH.

Anyone can share the pros and cons of visiting private gynae and govt ? Thanks in advance.

i saw the posts about the sperm count. just curious. will doc share ways to improve
the semen quality before iui ? my hubby has irregular shape sperm.

Cq10, zinc and vit E. Best to start 3 months before if not minimum 1 month. My husband did a retest 3 month later and quality improved.
On top of that, i prepared oyster for him twice a week for a mth. oyster has high level of zinc.

Cq10, zinc and vit E. Best to start 3 months before if not minimum 1 month. My husband did a retest 3 month later and quality improved.
On top of that, i prepared oyster for him twice a week for a mth. oyster has high level of zinc.

Hi Corals,

wad kind of oysters you prepare for DH?
i will like to do for him too. he has low morphology...

Hi Corals,

wad kind of oysters you prepare for DH?
i will like to do for him too. he has low morphology...
Hi Lecia,
I bought frozen oyster from seafoodshifu.com.
Delivery was free. I panfried the oyster with sambal sauce. Mum told me Sheng Siong sell fresh oyster! You can check it out.

12 dpiui. The boobs no longer feel sore. Is that a sign that AF is reporting? Anyone has experienced this before? :confused:

I have my SO-IUI on Aug/10.. also in 2ww. currently at 13dpiui... boobs still sore.. i was given dydrogesterone to take from the day of IUI. 2 times a day. so my boobs start to feel sore on 1dpiui. So whatever symptoms I got now.. I just feel it is the dydrogesterone pills. I tested neg on 10day past trigger. to make sure hcg is out. but now i dun dare to test liao. LOL! the cramp is making me feel like it is menses cramp. going for blood test on 28 Aug morning.

just a little background.. this is my 1st SO-IUI.. my doctor is Dr. Tan HH. he keep insisting we should try natural with Letrozole. I have PCOS, done blood test all this and everything is okay. we tried for a little over 6mths.. nothing.. so here we are. Hub sperm count is border line also during the insemination. not hopeful.. I do get a very positive Ovulation test on Aug/09 morning. PH and I gotta wake up to peee.. unexpectedly got the positive O.. woah tks uh.. so I took the trigger shot myself that fateful morning at 8plus.. i assume 36hours later is 8plus night the next day..

so how is your result?

No good news. :( sad
How about u babes.

Sorry to hear that.. *hugs*

I dont intend to test till blood test next mon. Now I am on dydrosgesterone.. I heard menses will come when I finished it. Not sure how true as I read online... then I stopped googling.. KKH the nurse or doctor didnt tell me anything about dydrogesterone. Just ask me take finish. If My menses come to stop taking. So I am just waiting.... I hve cramping since yesterday.. not feeling hopeful either....

Sorry to hear that.. *hugs*

I dont intend to test till blood test next mon. Now I am on dydrosgesterone.. I heard menses will come when I finished it. Not sure how true as I read online... then I stopped googling.. KKH the nurse or doctor didnt tell me anything about dydrogesterone. Just ask me take finish. If My menses come to stop taking. So I am just waiting.... I hve cramping since yesterday.. not feeling hopeful either....
Thank babe. I will try again soon =)

Hi all.. I am currently at 14dpiui already.. anyone can advise me while on dydrogesterone, will it delay your menses and prevent spotting?? It is also inaccurate to take BBT during this period of time right???

Hi all.. I am currently at 14dpiui already.. anyone can advise me while on dydrogesterone, will it delay your menses and prevent spotting?? It is also inaccurate to take BBT during this period of time right???
Yeah u shouldn't stop your dydrogesterone. It is meant to stabilise implantation. Once the period comes then we have to stop taking dydrogesterone.

Hi everyone, new here. Would like to check KKH SO-IUI experiences with you ladies and husbands. I just want to know if there's something you wished you had known beforehand, and if you remember, how many scans did you do at KKH before they did IUI.

Started KKH SO-IUI recently. All tests beforehand had normal results. Age 29.

Experience at KKH:
First appointment on CD2, advised to go on 5 days Puregon, 50 IU.
First ultrasound scan on CD7. Consultant on duty upped the dosage to 75 IU. Told to test for ovulation on CD9, if it's positive, go back KKH; if its negative, go back KKH only on the next day. For the ovulation tests, it's always if positive, go KKH, if negative, keep to review date.
Second ultrasound scan on CD10. Consultant on duty upped dosage to 100 IU. Told to test for ovulation on CD 11 and CD 12.
Third ultrasound scan on CD 12. Consultant on duty kept dosage at 100 IU, told to test for ovulation on CD 13. Biggest follicle at 11.5. Nurse beside the consultant asked if he should give me the prescription for Ovidrel. He did.
Going for the fourth ultrasound scan tomorrow, which would be CD 14.

Things nurses and doctors didn't tell me beforehand and I wished they had:
Take the clear blue sticks with you and take pictures. One of the consultants asked for it. And she looked like she was expecting me to have brought it. Another consultant asked me to take pictures of the results.

Ultrasounds are done only in the morning. A nurse at KKHIVF told me there's no doctor to see me in the afternoon only after I'd purchased my first puregon vial and went back KKHIVF for the injection briefing.

Just don't like last minute information in general. Read extensively through different forums. I must say forums have been really useful!

Hi everyone, new here. Would like to check KKH SO-IUI experiences with you ladies and husbands. I just want to know if there's something you wished you had known beforehand, and if you remember, how many scans did you do at KKH before they did IUI.

Experience at KKH:
First ultrasound scan on CD7. Consultant on duty upped the dosage to 75 IU. Told to test for ovulation on CD9, if it's positive, go back KKH; if its negative, go back KKH only on the next day. For the ovulation tests, it's always if positive, go KKH, if negative, keep to review date.
Second ultrasound scan on CD10. Consultant on duty upped dosage to 100 IU. Told to test for ovulation on CD 11 and CD 12.
Third ultrasound scan on CD 12. Consultant on duty kept dosage at 100 IU, told to test for ovulation on CD 13. Biggest follicle at 11.5. Nurse beside the consultant asked if he should give me the prescription for Ovidrel. He did.

Take the clear blue sticks with you and take pictures. One of the consultants asked for it. And she looked like she was expecting me to have brought it. Another consultant asked me to take pictures of the results.

Ultrasounds are done only in the morning. A nurse at KKHIVF told me there's no doctor to see me in the afternoon only after I'd purchased my first puregon vial and went back KKHIVF for the injection briefing.

Just don't like last minute information in general. Read extensively through different forums. I must say forums have been really useful!
You just have to keep asking them questions at the reception before you start or even when you have started.

i saw the posts about the sperm count. just curious. will doc share ways to improve
the semen quality before iui ? my hubby has irregular shape sperm.

Hi, i think you should as your gynae to prescribe your hubby some medication to improve his sperm quality. Also, please ask your hubby to 'renew' his sperm every other 2-3 days. Eat healthily too.

My hubby was on profertil since 19.08.17 till today..his quality improved since his last test as per what my gynae told me

Hi, Iam 44 my hubby is 35. and I am in the 2WW stage now. Can anyone tell me if I will be successful?

Day2 - 05.09.17 went to my gynae there to scan for me follicle. I had 3. then i started my injections on Pergoveris, Saizen. till Day 7.
Day6- I did HSG to check if my tube block. luckily no. So I am not the problem. Hahaha.
My ovarian reserve is 3.2. due to my age. I have a daughter from my first marriage and she is now 14. My hubby's morphology was 13% tested on19.08.17. A little abnormal but my gynae said still can made someone pregnant.

So Day 8 - i went back to scan, now my follicles increased to 6. My gynae still ask if I wanted to convert to IVF, i said no. Cos not ready.
Day 11 - i went back. Now i have 4 matured follicles. as we planned to do iui on saturday, so at the very night, injected ovidrel to trigger egg to release with 24-36hrs window.
Day 13 - had IUI at virtue fertility centre at 11am. right before, i could start to feel some bloatedness at lower abdomen. IUI was very fast, just 2 mins. After that I went home and rest. after about 1-2 hours, all the cramps, soreness started to appear at the ovaries and lower abdomen. Text my dr, he told me egg is releasing. (i really hope so). He suggested i make love on saturday/sunday to seize the opportunity since i am ovulating. I did it on sunday.
Day 15 - i started to insert progesterone vaginal gel for 2 times a day. This will last me for 15days. so now i am on Day 2 of the progesterone gel. and my wait is long. I am not sure if I can succeed with this one & only IUI?

Experience at KKH:

If you want, you can try my Gynae at The Tow Yung Clinic. 19 Tanglin Shopping Centre #05-01. Dr Yeong Cheng Toh. He is good and caring. I don't need to wait. He always place my on priority list as those who go for ACP needs immediate action. Call them at 6733 4433

Forget abt going to government hospital as their appointment very inconsistent. Imagine I went to see my this gynae first time on 19.08.17, all the necessary test already done. Blood test, sperm analysis, etc. As i was ovulating in August just happen to be 2 days after my visit, we did the natural way first. Gynae already started to plan my IUI/IVF treatment and gave me instruction to see him immediately my next cycle came on a Day 2. And truely, my menses arrived on 4th sept.. so i went to see him on 5th sept and started my IUI treatment immediately.

Also, my gynae gave me his whatsapp number so that I can text him whatever problem i have during all these time. Very responsive. Of cos money plays apart, but if I pay more and have a faster treatment, why not?

I have my SO-IUI on Aug/10.. also in 2ww. currently at 13dpiui... boobs still sore.. i was given dydrogesterone to take from the day of IUI. 2 times a day. so my boobs start to feel sore on 1dpiui. So whatever symptoms I got now.. I just feel it is the dydrogesterone pills. I tested neg on 10day past trigger. to make sure hcg is out. but now i dun dare to test liao. LOL! the cramp is making me feel like it is menses cramp. going for blood test on 28 Aug morning.

just a little background.. this is my 1st SO-IUI.. my doctor is Dr. Tan HH. he keep insisting we should try natural with Letrozole. I have PCOS, done blood test all this and everything is okay. we tried for a little over 6mths.. nothing.. so here we are. Hub sperm count is border line also during the insemination. not hopeful.. I do get a very positive Ovulation test on Aug/09 morning. PH and I gotta wake up to peee.. unexpectedly got the positive O.. woah tks uh.. so I took the trigger shot myself that fateful morning at 8plus.. i assume 36hours later is 8plus night the next day..

so how is your result?
is dydrogesterone similar to progesterone viginal gel? I am taking this. Am on Day 3 post iui.

There is 2 types of iui, one is iui and another so-iui. I did my so iui at kkh. This required daily injection, screening for lining and focilies.
Depends on the scan and doc review to depends on the iui procedure. On that day od iui procedure, hubby needs to submit their sperms to sperms bank where did they wash and clean the sperm. After that i reached kkh at 10.15am wait for instruction, bladder must be full in order to this so iui procedure. They will call your name to go in the operation room and insert the sperm to uteru. It js just 5 mins job. Fast fast. Pain a bit when insert but v fast pain go over. After that u may go home to rest. I met my friend for lunch at novena and go home to sleep.

The 2ww wait for result. I was positive. Doc only given me 10% successful chance. Just stay positive and everything will be smooth. Rest well. My kkh doc is jessie pooh. Very direct and details doc which i like it.

Kkh will give u a date after the so iui, if successfully, u will need to do blood test for hcg to check on the pregnancy. Aftet that collect medicines. This is my own experience. Hope it is usefully for u. Jia you

May i know you have how many matured follicles and how many in total? I had 6 and 4 matured. Did my SOiui at pte clinic but procedure at Virtue Fertility Centre.

I have 4 follicles ranging from 15mm to 19mm. Lining is 9mm. Very excited and nervous. I need to go back to work after the procedure. I have seen somewhere that the nurse will ask us to get up immediately after the procedure and there is no resting corner in the room.

I was given 30 mins to lie on the bed

Hi, Jia you. It's really a tough journey on this road to conceiving. SO-IUI works for me as i've conceive successful before through SO-IUI at my 1st attempt. Just sadly that it ended up as MC. I insist not to go through IVF as i think IVF is really very emotion draining. I am now at my 2ww after my 3rd round of SO-IUI. Praying for the best.

May I know what lead to your MC?

I did SO IUI with Dr Loh last dec, it cost me about $1800 or so... the procedure is 300plus, meds itself is 700plus with the consultation. Washing of sperm abt 200 and doing the blood test n another consultation before ovulation plus minus below 2k
[/QUOTE]

That's cheap. My whole cycle cost almost $8k before claiming medisave.

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my experience with SO-IUI. After TTC for 5 years, hubby and i finally decided to try SO-IUI. We saw Dr SF Loh who concluded that our infertility was unexplained. We then started our fertility journey and now are parents to 3 kids (nope, they are not triplets)! I have gone through 3 successful SO-IUI for my pregnancies, thanks to Dr Loh! Will highly recommend him! Baby dust to all!

The cost not subsidies rates right?

Jas_Tohh,
2500 $ at KKH for IUI? wow, so much. I have all papers for IUI from SGH Dr Yu , it is mentioned in the docs that IUI 600$ plus 128$ each scan. I thought it would be about 1200$ maximum, because at raffles it costs 1800$.

I think IUI is cheap, but the medication and injection plus all kinds of test are not cheap.
I did mine on 16.09.17 at pte clinic and IUI procedure at VFC, my total cost is $7923.49. I am claiming medisave $6k. So that will be $1923.49 cash part.

Back