IVF with KKH (Aug' 17)

Hi I am hopping to find mummy to be via IVF in August.

I had failed IUI in May'17 and finally started my self injection for IVF since 11 August.

Hope to find mummy to be here to share information and able to provide mental support.

2WW is always the hardest part.

Hi alicia1187, jiayou! Which gynae u engaged frm kkh? I'm now actually at the pre-checkup procedures stage, next mth will need to go through day surgery to remove 1cm size of polyp.. Afterwhich then will proceed to the ivf procedure...

Hi I am hopping to find mummy to be via IVF in August.

I had failed IUI in May'17 and finally started my self injection for IVF since 11 August.

Hope to find mummy to be here to share information and able to provide mental support.

2WW is always the hardest part.
Hi Alicia... I'm doing the IVF procedure in August too... I hv failed 2 SO-IUI this year... Hv started the Gonal-F injection since 13.08... And will be going for scanning tomorrow...

Hi alicia1187, jiayou! Which gynae u engaged frm kkh? I'm now actually at the pre-checkup procedures stage, next mth will need to go through day surgery to remove 1cm size of polyp.. Afterwhich then will proceed to the ivf procedure...

I'm with Dr Tan HH, heard that his very good. Jia you and don't worry on your surgery. After surgery, you processing to TTC nature?

Yeah, one stage done, next stage insemination.how the pain for egg extraction. KKH schedule you for insemination already?
My appt for embryo transfer is tomorrow, when Dr Tan will let me know how many embryos and the quality of the embryos. May implant tomorrow or Monday, depending if Dr Tan wants the embryo to develop a few more days.

The egg extraction is not painful but I find the side effects more uncomfortable. After 1 night, my bloatedness and backache is starting to ease off. Honestly, I am just resting most of the time. Cannot imagine doing much.

My appt for embryo transfer is tomorrow, when Dr Tan will let me know how many embryos and the quality of the embryos. May implant tomorrow or Monday, depending if Dr Tan wants the embryo to develop a few more days.

The egg extraction is not painful but I find the side effects more uncomfortable. After 1 night, my bloatedness and backache is starting to ease off. Honestly, I am just resting most of the time. Cannot imagine doing much.

wow... great job marieL0212. JIAYOU JIAYOU.. soon will hear good news from you, yah :)

hi all, for those whom has started your ivf procedure with kkh dr tan hh.. can i know the cost & how does govt co funding & medisave can help us? at which stage will this co funding & medisave come into picture? for those jabs, medications, scanning, embryo transfer etc that will need to take through the ivf process, we need to pay by cash or it's included in the co funding & medisave scheme? i found out that dr tan hh charges quite high.. as he's the head & snr con... my surgery to remove the polyp by him cost $2k+ after my cpf deduction... which is quite costly for me...... so i am afraid duno if there will be other 'hidden' cost that need to pay by cash along the ivf path....

hi all, for those whom has started your ivf procedure with kkh dr tan hh.. can i know the cost & how does govt co funding & medisave can help us? at which stage will this co funding & medisave come into picture? for those jabs, medications, scanning, embryo transfer etc that will need to take through the ivf process, we need to pay by cash or it's included in the co funding & medisave scheme? i found out that dr tan hh charges quite high.. as he's the head & snr con... my surgery to remove the polyp by him cost $2k+ after my cpf deduction... which is quite costly for me...... so i am afraid duno if there will be other 'hidden' cost that need to pay by cash along the ivf path....
34b855239e1854f4488e9c3d84b45c73.jpg

Hope this helps. So far, my own payment comes from the fertility checks, blood tests, consultation with Dr Tan and scans before the IVF process. I estimate that I spent abt 1k or so.

About half a month or 1 month before you start IVF, you will be asked to go for a counselling session where you then sign a lot of forms for the Medisave copayment. When u start the IVF process, you will not need to pay for the scans and jabs cos it's counted in the total cost that you use Medisave and Govt grants. There will be other costs later on, like if you require additional jabs and later on during the embryo transfer you need to pay for the insurance (mandatory) to Great Eastern.

Hope I didn't get it wrong. Please feel free to correct me if I got any details wrong cos I am also blur sometimes.

34b855239e1854f4488e9c3d84b45c73.jpg

Hope this helps. So far, my own payment comes from the fertility checks, blood tests, consultation with Dr Tan and scans before the IVF process. I estimate that I spent abt 1k or so.

About half a month or 1 month before you start IVF, you will be asked to go for a counselling session where you then sign a lot of forms for the Medisave copayment. When u start the IVF process, you will not need to pay for the scans and jabs cos it's counted in the total cost that you use Medisave and Govt grants. There will be other costs later on, like if you require additional jabs and later on during the embryo transfer you need to pay for the insurance (mandatory) to Great Eastern.

Hope I didn't get it wrong. Please feel free to correct me if I got any details wrong cos I am also blur sometimes.

quoted "later on during the embryo transfer you need to pay for the insurance (mandatory) to Great Eastern".... what is this for..? is it a compulsory? how much we need to prepare for it? wahh.. $$ here & there... for my case, i need to cash out over $2k+ already before i even start the ivf path... :(

quoted "later on during the embryo transfer you need to pay for the insurance (mandatory) to Great Eastern".... what is this for..? is it a compulsory? how much we need to prepare for it? wahh.. $$ here & there... for my case, i need to cash out over $2k+ already before i even start the ivf path... :(
According to what I understand, ivf procedure in Singapore would be required to pay about $60+ for single embryo transfer and $290+ for 2 embryo transfer for insurance. This is for the possible complications when pregnancy starts. You have to pay more for more embryos transferred cos higher chance of multiple birth.

I read that some people at the end of the cycle dont need to pay anything at all to top up from the 6K medisave + 6.3K gov cofunding. The nurses said it ranges from 12k to 16k for the process.

According to what I understand, ivf procedure in Singapore would be required to pay about $60+ for single embryo transfer and $290+ for 2 embryo transfer for insurance. This is for the possible complications when pregnancy starts. You have to pay more for more embryos transferred cos higher chance of multiple birth.

I read that some people at the end of the cycle dont need to pay anything at all to top up from the 6K medisave + 6.3K gov cofunding. The nurses said it ranges from 12k to 16k for the process.

wow wahh.... die flat... $$ $$$ $$$$....

I'm glad Dr Tan will be the doctor for your transfer.
Hope all our embryos quality is top condition.
I was thinking of implant 2 embryos to boots higher chance.

Hi Alicia... I'm doing the IVF procedure in August too... I hv failed 2 SO-IUI this year... Hv started the Gonal-F injection since 13.08... And will be going for scanning tomorrow...

They start me with Orgalutran to delay my ovulation and now I'm concurrently having Orgalutran and Gonal-F. I think because they delay my ovulation that why I started injection on 11.08 but scan is on 21.08

To add on the payment to Great Eastern is strictly by Cheque.

My understanding is we only pay cash after the maximum deduction from Government co. Payment and payment from medisave.

And on top of that, after a year of freezing the egg we need to pay renewal fee about $400plus for the subscription of the egg freezing. This payment is by cash.

I'm glad Dr Tan will be the doctor for your transfer.
Hope all our embryos quality is top condition.
I was thinking of implant 2 embryos to boots higher chance.
I've been thinking about whether to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. At first my hubby and I feel we want to transfer 2 embryos so that we can have a higher chance. Dr Tan said before that sometimes if 1 embryo is of high quality, it's better to transfer 1 so that there would be a higher chance of survival and less competition. I also worry about the additional costs and complications.

In the end, if I get 1 or 2 babies, I will be crying for joy already. So by tonight, I need to decide so that when Dr Tan sees me tomorrow, I've some idea what to choose

They start me with Orgalutran to delay my ovulation and now I'm concurrently having Orgalutran and Gonal-F. I think because they delay my ovulation that why I started injection on 11.08 but scan is on 21.08
That's what I'm currently doing too...Am on Gonal-F from 13/08 to 17/08 & taking Orgalutran for today and tomorrow..And tomorrow will be my 1st scanning to see how big my follicles r...

But since taking Gonal-F, am having fever and migraines...

That's what I'm currently doing too...Am on Gonal-F from 13/08 to 17/08 & taking Orgalutran for today and tomorrow..And tomorrow will be my 1st scanning to see how big my follicles r...

Oh dear... please take good care of yourself... brace through this tough storm...

To add on the payment to Great Eastern is strictly by Cheque.

My understanding is we only pay cash after the maximum deduction from Government co. Payment and payment from medisave.

And on top of that, after a year of freezing the egg we need to pay renewal fee about $400plus for the subscription of the egg freezing. This payment is by cash.

by cheque? adoi.. so mafan... few hundreds i still can manage through... but in thousands... it's quite a burden on us though...

I've been thinking about whether to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. At first my hubby and I feel we want to transfer 2 embryos so that we can have a higher chance. Dr Tan said before that sometimes if 1 embryo is of high quality, it's better to transfer 1 so that there would be a higher chance of survival and less competition. I also worry about the additional costs and complications.

In the end, if I get 1 or 2 babies, I will be crying for joy already. So by tonight, I need to decide so that when Dr Tan sees me tomorrow, I've some idea what to choose

MarieL0212, let's say for example only... if 1 embryos not successful, so have to go through the process again to transfer another embryos, is it?

Thanks babe...Am trying my best for this journey...
Hoping for gd news tomorrow during scanning...
Don't worry for the first scan. It would sound a bit disappointing if there's not a lot of eggs. My second scan the eggs really grew quite fast and more than the first scan. When the doctor briefed me (Dr Veronique), she said likely to have 6 eggs. In the end, I was told I got 11 out. Not sure if all's good.

Take care @Adeq_Zie. All the best!

MarieL0212, let's say for example only... if 1 embryos not successful, so have to go through the process again to transfer another embryos, is it?
If put 1 embryo not successful, depends if there were any embryos frozen. If I had frozen embryos, then will go another cycle but without the jabs and egg extraction.

Don't worry for the first scan. It would sound a bit disappointing if there's not a lot of eggs. My second scan the eggs really grew quite fast and more than the first scan. When the doctor briefed me (Dr Veronique), she said likely to have 6 eggs. In the end, I was told I got 11 out. Not sure if all's good.

Take care @Adeq_Zie. All the best!

Thanks MarieL...

Wow...Totally 11eggs out... Dat's gd... Wish u all the best & may this journey will b smooth...

Thanks MarieL...

Wow...Totally 11eggs out... Dat's gd... Wish u all the best & may this journey will b smooth...
Same to u! I try not to compare the number of eggs with others (I hear of people that take out 15 or 20 plus) cos all we need is 1 good one.

Hopefully we will all be mummies in the same month!

If put 1 embryo not successful, depends if there were any embryos frozen. If I had frozen embryos, then will go another cycle but without the jabs and egg extraction.

Oooh... so before that, we can choose to freeze embryos, but the cost of freezing it, is not factor in the govt co funding scheme, right? sorry... but i am more worried on the costing now... whether i can afford to pay along the processs... :( i dun want to give up halfway cos of $$ issue.... :(

Oooh... so before that, we can choose to freeze embryos, but the cost of freezing it, is not factor in the govt co funding scheme, right? sorry... but i am more worried on the costing now... whether i can afford to pay along the processs... :( i dun want to give up halfway cos of $$ issue.... :(
Yup. Freezing not part of the total sum inclusive of govt co funding. There is financial counselling at KKH to help you work out your finances if I am not wrong.

Actually freezing is a cost that is worth considering cos using frozen embryo is cheaper than going on a new IVF cycle (not to mention less painful cos no need to jab so much). Also depends how many embryos you have. If there are only 2 embryos and Dr wants to put both in, also got no embryo to freeze.

Yup. Freezing not part of the total sum inclusive of govt co funding. There is financial counselling at KKH to help you work out your finances if I am not wrong.

Actually freezing is a cost that is worth considering cos using frozen embryo is cheaper than going on a new IVF cycle (not to mention less painful cos no need to jab so much). Also depends how many embryos you have. If there are only 2 embryos and Dr wants to put both in, also got no embryo to freeze.

i see... do you know the cost for freezing the embryos? i heard from dr tan is that he can help on the injection that last for 7-8days, so dun need to jab everyday... but not sure if extra cost required... but i felt there is...

Take care well, I did read up before that is the side effect of the Gonal-F. For me is super bloated like 2 months pregnant and keep getting hungry. Worst part mood swing.

Take care well, I did read up before that is the side effect of the Gonal-F. For me is super bloated like 2 months pregnant and keep getting hungry. Worst part mood swing.
Oh gosh..Dat's super bloated..The hungry part is definitely true..hahaha!!Me too keep muching in office esp dark chocos...Hope these effects doesn't last long...

by cheque? adoi.. so mafan... few hundreds i still can manage through... but in thousands... it's quite a burden on us though...

The cheque for Great Eastern depend on how embryos u decide to transfer. If I remember if like 1 = $90plus, 2 = $260plus, 3 = $900plus & 4 = $2000plus.

Oh gosh..Dat's super bloated..The hungry part is definitely true..hahaha!!Me too keep muching in office esp dark chocos...Hope these effects doesn't last long...
My bloatedness and backache got worse after about 7 days of jabbing and it gets worse for me right after egg extraction. Damn sian.

i see... do you know the cost for freezing the embryos? i heard from dr tan is that he can help on the injection that last for 7-8days, so dun need to jab everyday... but not sure if extra cost required... but i felt there is...

Cost of freezing is around $300 each time

Cost of freezing is around $300 each time

I see... thanks for the info...

Troubled now.... anyone has swop from private to subsidize patient at clinic D before? my fallopian tube has abt 1cm polyp & need to remove before i can carry on with the ivf.. private rate for the day surgery is $2k+ (after my medisave deduction)... and dun have the xtra cash for this... so i was thinking if can downgrade to subsidize patient to get a cheaper rate to remove the polyp first... den change back to private patient (back to dr tan hh again) for ivf procedures... but i knew that it will consider as new patient case liao.... need advise..

Hi Ladies..Had my scanning today..Lucky was in time & thanks to MRT today..

According to the gynae, my follicles r growing well (the biggest is 13) so, I have to continue inject till Sunday... And will go for scanning again on Monday..

Hello ladies. Was pretty much out of action today due to really bad cramps and abdominal discomfort. I suspect I got mild OHSS after my eggs retrieval. Now I am just stuck in bed resting cos I can't move much without feeling pain. Panadol helps a little.

So I had 5 fertilised embryos and Dr Tan wanted to let them grow to blastocyst stage and prepared me that not all 5 will become blastocysts. Trying to think happy thoughts cos I want good quality blastocysts!

Hi Ladies..Had my scanning today..Lucky was in time & thanks to MRT today..

According to the gynae, my follicles r growing well (the biggest is 13) so, I have to continue inject till Sunday... And will go for scanning again on Monday..

Great news, I having my first scanning on Monday too.

Hello ladies. Was pretty much out of action today due to really bad cramps and abdominal discomfort. I suspect I got mild OHSS after my eggs retrieval. Now I am just stuck in bed resting cos I can't move much without feeling pain. Panadol helps a little.

So I had 5 fertilised embryos and Dr Tan wanted to let them grow to blastocyst stage and prepared me that not all 5 will become blastocysts. Trying to think happy thoughts cos I want good quality blastocysts!

You did well for the embryos extraction. When is your next review for your embryos? 5 eggs sound cool.. is it need someone to discharge you if not you not be able to discharge yourself? Btw good luck for the insemination, last stage to go.

You did well for the embryos extraction. When is your next review for your embryos? 5 eggs sound cool.. is it need someone to discharge you if not you not be able to discharge yourself? Btw good luck for the insemination, last stage to go.
I am hoping for at least 2 blastocysts to make it on Monday. For embryo transfer, no need to have people to accompany. But for egg retrieval, you will need cos you will be groggy.

Anyway, strongly advise all ladies going through egg retrieval to go buy gatorade and 100 plus to relieve the bloating. I went to read online and it really helps. I am hoping my side effects will wear off by Monday and not affect my embryo transfer.

Hi All, i am currently having IVF in august as well. Will be having my second scan on the follicle size tomorrow. Aiming to have the retrieval this thurs or friday. Hope to part of this group to share what all been going thru. .

Back