How to cope after maternity leave?

Bendi

As above, can share how u all cope after maternity leave? In the day can get maid or mother to help. How about at night? Still need to wake up to feed milk. Next day got energy to go work?

Just to share my schedule : leave office at 6 pm. Reach mum place at 7, pick my girls , have my dinner . Reach my place ard 8 pm. Elder girl will do her work while i settle baby to sleep.
I will change baby , feed , pat her to sleep upon stepping in the house. After baby sleeps, attend to elder girl till elder girl bedtime at 10pm.
Hang laundry etc , sleep at 11-11.30.
I room with baby and she woke up for a feed ard 2-3am, then another feed at 6 am. I will start my day after her 6 am feed.
Tiring for sure but it will pass.
I conserve my energy by lunching in and sleep as early as possible

My boy sleeps with my maid in the same room since birth. My maid will wake up at night to warm up milk to feed my boy. During the day my maid cares for my boy alone. I've installed cctv at home before the maid arrives. My boy sleeps at 6pm up till 8 months and now he is about 13 months he sleeps at 9pm without feed till morning 6-7am.

Hi, I will take care of my son at night although I'm working. He is now undergoing 8 months sleep regression and wakes up at least 5 times a night and needs patting or milk to go back to sleep. It's very tiring in the daytime and my body is aching all over but I'm insistent on night care because I'm already missing out the daytime spent with him. Just hoping that his sleep will improve soon so that I can get more rest.

My boy sleeps with my maid in the same room since birth. My maid will wake up at night to warm up milk to feed my boy. During the day my maid cares for my boy alone. I've installed cctv at home before the maid arrives. My boy sleeps at 6pm up till 8 months and now he is about 13 months he sleeps at 9pm without feed till morning 6-7am.

Your maid got enough sleep? Considering she need to wake up to feed your boy too

Hi Bendi,

As @Stella123 has mentioned, it is a tiring phase, but this phase will pass.

Feeding can be difficult and physically exhausting, especially if you are cradling your baby while feeding, and waiting for your child to finish up.

If feeding seems to be an issue, perhaps you may want to consider a hands-free feeding solution:
http://www.podeeasia.com/

This would allow you, your maid and your family helpers to feed your baby in a less physically strenuous position.

Do continue to supervise your child during the feeding, even if you are using a hands-free bottle though, and ensure that your child feeds in more or less an upright position to reduce intake of gas and colic.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Your maid got enough sleep? Considering she need to wake up to feed your boy too

I doubt so but my maid seems ok with it. She sleeps during the day whenever my boy sleeps. And calls it a night at 8-830pm during the first few months. Sometimes I'll take over during the day and ask her to rest. (Only during maternity) When I went back to work, I told her not to dreamfeed my boy already so she can sleep better as I need her to fully focus as I won't be around but she say cannot. So she continued. She explained that young babies must be fed at night no matter what and say they need the milk for don't know what etc etc. Lucky for me, my maid seems very keen to care for my boy no matter what. She will msg me while I'm at work with pics of what she feed my boy and update me on his poo etc. At about 6-7months, my boy sleeps tru the night already. No feeds required. So i guess its about working out with the maid and see if she's ok? Mine is fine as I told her during interview that she has to wake up for night feeds but not for forever and if she's not keen she has to let me know.

Back