Change hospital for IUI/IVF?

waitingangel

It's sad, but we failed for 3 times IUI @NUH, and categorised as unexplained infertility. We are thinking to change to KKH for better chance. Already got referral letter from clinic, but the doctor told me they may not accept me as subsidised patient, as I am already with NUH, they all know this.
I feel I couldn't get much advice from NUH on our failure. I have regular mense and fullopian tube ok. My hubby sperm count, mobility etc ok, although not super good. Only sperm good shape 0%, but doctor said as it's not a thorough checking, it's not so critical.
Anyone got change hospital before? How is the queueing in KKH now?
Thanks and hope to share the experience with all here.

It's sad, but we failed for 3 times IUI @NUH, and categorised as unexplained infertility. We are thinking to change to KKH for better chance. Already got referral letter from clinic, but the doctor told me they may not accept me as subsidised patient, as I am already with NUH, they all know this.
I feel I couldn't get much advice from NUH on our failure. I have regular mense and fullopian tube ok. My hubby sperm count, mobility etc ok, although not super good. Only sperm good shape 0%, but doctor said as it's not a thorough checking, it's not so critical.
Hi

Are u going do IVF for ur next round at KKH? I just went see DR Tan HH as private patient at KKH 2 weeks ago, he say I can start my IVF on Oct. Maybe u can give a call to check their queue... Think will be either Oct or Nov..

Hi Yenni, me also with Dr Tan Heng Hao on Oct for IVF.

Hi waitingangel,
You can be under subside if you get referral from polyclinic to KKH Fertility Unit.
But you can't choose doc then.

Gals, anyhow eat 'cold' things. We need to nurture strong womb. Make longan red date drinks to drink alternate days. No need add sugar as red dates already sweet. Get the black dry longan better. Can get from fu Hua.

Hi, we have the same issue as you. Am thinking of trying IUI? Would u be able to share how much it is?

Hello, u are under which doc at NUH? I'm going for IUI on next cycle with prof pc wong.

My husband also have low sperm morphology.

Hi, long post ahead. i posted this in another thread but i thought it could help answer some of ur queries:

Hi we are gg thru our first round of ivf at a private clinic at gleneagles, costs hv been hefty but we did get a 6k medisave reimbursement. Each typical visit can cost between 100plus to 400plus depending on medications given. We have gone through one round of ER, ICSI on 7 eggs, froze 5 embies and have transferred 2 grade 1 embies via FET abt a week ish ago. We have spent abt 8k plus so far less the 6k medisave reimbursement. There is usually no q and no waiting time. Longest time we waited was abt 40 mins cos it was a sat and there were many ppl. Usually i come in, sit down, they knw me by name and i get to see the doctor or do the tests almost immediately. Very quick and very smooth.

A few yrs back we did 3 rounds of iui with dr anupriya at nuh (we paid the premium for private cos i wanted to go with a lady doctor at first). Bad experience. I have been overweight all my life but then i was at my thinnest (not thin at all btw), and she was, very mean abt it. These things will affect you cos the procedure itself is very stressful what more hvg a doctor tt is a bit... Moody and snarky abt these issues. Made to feel like iui failed cos it was my fault. Came to a point where i dreaded my apptmts cos need to see her, it felt like having to see the DM when you are still in sch lol. And when there is bad news, i mean we are def upset but everytime sth goes wrong or not acc to plan she gets... Frustrated/angry. And waiting time can get quite long, usually if morning apptmt, whole morning gone le. meds were also expensive. Some days didnt even see doc, just nurses.

We took a break for a few yrs and last yr, we went to see dr steven teo at novena.had a pleasant experience, waiting time abt 10 to 20 mins? He's also very clinical, which i thought was a huge upgrade alrdy frm dr anu lol. We chose to go private also cos i couldn't disappear from work for long and too frequently. From dr teo we discovered the real reason and its mainly due to male factor, sth dr anu failed to catch, we wld hv failed iui regardless of how many times we tried. According to dr teo my pcos seems mild, not like what dr anu said. Spent close to 2k in the span of three months, but he did manage to pin point the specific source of the problem and even referred us to an urologist so we cn have a chat and see whats the best solution to our obstacle.

But dr teo was expensive so the husb did some googling and since end dec 2018, we hv been with dr lim at ACRM. Cos we had all the tests results frm stog, we didnt have to do the whole round of tests and cld start where we left off. To date i have forked out abt 14k in cash (but 6k medisave reimbursed alrdy) also, so far, i have only taken 3 days hosp leave post ER, and used up 3 MCs for medical apptmts. Other apptments, when we can help it, we schedule them in the late afternoon so i can rush there aft work or on sat mornings.

So far so good, he will try his best to share all info, his nurses are also very very nice, u can reach them via whatsapp if ur worried or anything like tt, and yeap, no complains, even when we were waiting to fet on natural cycle and it failed i think the way his team handled us cushioned the anxiety and sadness. Hoping for the best at the end of this 2ww!

Back