IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes Jill stuart; i'm referring to gonal F..

Hi ladies;
I;m quite confused...during 1st day of starting injection..the nurse teach us to do injection in this way...gonal F & blocker inject on same side & the next day inject on the other side ( alternate)

But today day 6; went to scan this morning; the nurse told me. We shld inject gonal F on one side ; then the blocker on the other side...

So which is the correct way?? Pls advise ladies how u all do the injection? Thanks in advance

If I am not wrong I did it 2 jabs at 1 side then change to alternate the next day. But if the nurse advised you to it on the same side for each jab then it's better to follow their instructions. Try not to ice it as the nurse told me it will burn your skin. Rem to put the injections in the fridge.

Hi ladies, I'm new here and glad to find this thread. I just started my 3rd fresh cycle in KK under dr Tan HH. Does anyone know if later BFP still follow dr Tan for pregnancy check, how is the fetal scan everytime? Is it done by dr Tan in his room or need go to level 1 antenatal monitoring clinic for scanning? I had bad experience of ultrasound scanning there last time....

Hi,
The first trimester dating and viability scan will have to be done at AmC, 12th week NT scan and 20th week detailed scan will be done at ADC (lvl2). Dr Tan will do the ultrasound scan when u see him for prenatal check up every 3-4 weeks.

If I am not wrong I did it 2 jabs at 1 side then change to alternate the next day. But if the nurse advised you to it on the same side for each jab then it's better to follow their instructions. Try not to ice it as the nurse told me it will burn your skin. Rem to put the injections in the fridge.

No la, doesn't burn skin. I found the ice helpful to numb the pain especially after many jabs and many days.

Sigh... don't know if this HSG is necessary test to go ahead with ivf or not. From what I heard it's very painful, so scary :-(
Better to go for hsg test before ivf...if u dun intend to,u wun knw where the problem lies..its not painful.more like menstrual cramp post procedures.but i do heard if there is any blockage like the tubes then u may or may not feel the pain.

Icing burn the skin? Coming from someone who feared needles alot like alot, icing helped me tremendously..moreover the hub helped to do all the injection being the freak me.

Thanks ladies for the replies... I get bad period cramps so we'll see. Hopefully the pain is manageable. Anyone know how much HSG cost at NUH for private patient?

Icing burn the skin? Coming from someone who feared needles alot like alot, icing helped me tremendously..moreover the hub helped to do all the injection being the freak me.

Ya the nurse asked me not to ice it :( So I got no choice but to listen to her advice. Haha

Hi ladies,

Has any ladies experience crinone gel slipping out?
it's my 3rd day using it, this morning the gel came out after i visited the toilet (30min after insert). it flows out with mucus (sorry tmi). Anyone was told to reinsert another tube? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Has any ladies experience crinone gel slipping out?
it's my 3rd day using it, this morning the gel came out after i visited the toilet (30min after insert). it flows out with mucus (sorry tmi). Anyone was told to reinsert another tube? Thanks

Did you walk for about 15min after inserting? If so...the gel has been absorbed already. Any excess will just come out, no worries. Your body has already absorbed what is needed. But if u worry, when i have time, i will just lie down for about 10min after my walk just to ensure tt everything is fully absorbed. Hope this helps :)

Did you walk for about 15min after inserting? If so...the gel has been absorbed already. Any excess will just come out, no worries. Your body has already absorbed what is needed. But if u worry, when i have time, i will just lie down for about 10min after my walk just to ensure tt everything is fully absorbed. Hope this helps :)
I laid for 10min and walked for abt 10min. I probably think too much . This is just 1 off occasion. Tonight i will walk around for 15min. Thanks ! :)

Thanks ladies for the replies... I get bad period cramps so we'll see. Hopefully the pain is manageable. Anyone know how much HSG cost at NUH for private patient?
Hi. For me only mild cramp after HSG, but my friend had very bad pain during the procedure. Maybe you can ask your doc if he can give your painkillers before you start HSG. I was given painkiller and I took it while I was waiting for registration, like about half hour before starting the procedure. As for the cost, I did mine at Gleneagles in 2015, $244. The price shouldn't be too different bah.

Good luck!

After my 1st cycle BFP embryo stop growing and lost heartbeat at wk8. KKH doc (random doc from clinic C) wanted me to do the surgery asap and he even grabbed the phone call don't know who for arrangement, that scared me. Luckily nobody answer his phone :p

The next week I seek for 2nd opinion from different private doc my fren recom. All doc not recom to do the d&c immd for the early miscarriage, they suggested wait it come out naturally first. But I wanted to save time and try start 2nd round earlier, so still asked one doc to do the d&c for me :)

Last edited:
After my 1st cycle BFP embryo stop growing and lost heartbeat at wk8. KKH doc (random doc from clinic C) wanted me to do the surgery asap and he even grabbed the phone call don't know who for arrangement, that scared me. Luckily nobody answer his phone :p

The next week I seek for 2nd opinion from different private doc my fren recom. All doc not recom to do the d&c immd for the early miscarriage, they suggested wait it come out naturally first. But I wanted to save time and try start 2nd round earlier, so still asked one doc to do the d&c for me :)
Where did you do your D&C ? How much it cost ? If I do under private Dr , it will cost me around $5k , and no coverage by insurance . How long have u tried ur 2nd round after D&C . Bcos Dr said if let it come out naturally , it may leave some in the worm and would cause infection.

When I had miscarried at 8 weeks, I let my body take care of it naturally. Having been through so many procedures while trying to conceive, I was reluctant to go for a D&C. Our body is actually really smart. You would have to bear with the contraction pain while your body is expelling. You should pass a liver looking like thing and that should be the end of the whole episode. Thereafter my gynae checked to ensure that the womb is clean and HCG is dropping as it should.

Where did you do your D&C ? How much it cost ? If I do under private Dr , it will cost me around $5k , and no coverage by insurance . How long have u tried ur 2nd round after D&C . Bcos Dr said if let it come out naturally , it may leave some in the worm and would cause infection.

I did at Thomson, final bill around $3600 Medisave deduct $1800. No coverage by my insurance.

My d&c was done in Feb and after 35days the 1st menses start, same time I also went for TCM to rebuild body and I recovered quite fast. Dr suggested try new cycle after 2 regular menses. So had my 2nd fresh done in June.

Yes my Dr also mentioned natural or using medicine may not come out completely and leave some in womb, den still need a surgery to remove the remaining tissues. This is also part of the reason I chose to do d&c, fast and clean.

Yeah I read a few comments that it is painful. Is it necessary to go through HSG to do IVF? I'm so scared to do it. I have half a mind to cancel... but don't know how leh. Prof say do this x-ray then the week after come back see him to do review and IVF briefing (he say to put aside 2-3 hours). Also worried about the price of HSG... is it ex?
We went to Dr Roland but he kept ordering unnecessary tests... then find out he ordered the blood test at the wrong timing one :-( money wasted just like that lor

It seems that some girls here just feel discomfort so maybe it won't be painful for you. For me was painful even though I have bad menstrual cramps and high pain tolerance. My Dr said maybe it's because of my endo and adeno.

I would normally do what the dr ask to do to clear all doubts. As for Dr Roland and the blood tests, I think different dr have different way of doing things. Maybe he's checking for something else? I think when doing IVF, trust is very important. You have to trust your Dr. For my first IVF, I had a bit of doubt initially and then I tell myself, I'll just go with what my Dr suggest since she's very experienced. I went with her flow and got a BFP. Sometimes we read here and there and listen to other's opinions but our Dr may have a different opinion based on their experience. When I went to my gynae during my 2nd trimester, she was quite puzzled why my IVF Dr didn't remove my cyst before the IVF. But my IVF dr had her reason for doing so.

Information for some ladies out there: I just did my endo scratch last Friday and I'm still bleeding. Doc said it's expected and my period will come 10 days after the surgery (when I also finish my course of medication). Luckily I chose to be sedated because it was painful when I woke up and the nurse has to insert a painkiller.

Just wondering, are you guys positive / hopeful about your IVF journey or will you guys not put too much hope and brace for the possible BFN at the end of the cycle. Sometimes I feel so positive yet I'm scared of being so positive as the fall will be harder if it's a BFN.

I did at Thomson, final bill around $3600 Medisave deduct $1800. No coverage by my insurance.

My d&c was done in Feb and after 35days the 1st menses start, same time I also went for TCM to rebuild body and I recovered quite fast. Dr suggested try new cycle after 2 regular menses. So had my 2nd fresh done in June.

Yes my Dr also mentioned natural or using medicine may not come out completely and leave some in womb, den still need a surgery to remove the remaining tissues. This is also part of the reason I chose to do d&c, fast and clean.
Dr Yeong clinic quote me $5k which I think is quite expensive. I think I will do in government hospital better . I also thinking to do the procedure to fast remove it or else it would cause infection if there is remaining tissues.

Information for some ladies out there: I just did my endo scratch last Friday and I'm still bleeding. Doc said it's expected and my period will come 10 days after the surgery (when I also finish my course of medication). Luckily I chose to be sedated because it was painful when I woke up and the nurse has to insert a painkiller.

Just wondering, are you guys positive / hopeful about your IVF journey or will you guys not put too much hope and brace for the possible BFN at the end of the cycle. Sometimes I feel so positive yet I'm scared of being so positive as the fall will be harder if it's a BFN.

Endo scratch is painful? I heard it's like Pap smear. Not painful. What surgery r u going for?

I will be having endo scratch on 29 Aug. my period due early Sep

Hi ladies, anyone had higher than normal NAtural killer cells and sticky blood issues and managed to conceive and sustain pregnancy with clexane injections, blood thinner aspirin and prednisone (steroids to suppress immune system)?

Just got diagnosed by dr Sheila Vasoo with the above plus Vit D deficiency after going thru comprehensive blood tests. My thyroid is ok.

With these almost impossible to conceive naturally or even implant fr Ivf since my body fights off foreign bodies (even the embryo). Doc says if go for Ivf will need to complement with the treatment stated above.

I failed 2 fresh cycles and am kinda Glad I spent $ to get these issues diagnosed instead of carrying on w more cycles and never implanting. Kinda sad........but somewhat comforted I finally found the cause of my infertility.

Hi ladies, anyone had higher than normal NAtural killer cells and sticky blood issues and managed to conceive and sustain pregnancy with clexane injections, blood thinner aspirin and prednisone (steroids to suppress immune system)?

Just got diagnosed by dr Sheila Vasoo with the above plus Vit D deficiency after going thru comprehensive blood tests. My thyroid is ok.

With these almost impossible to conceive naturally or even implant fr Ivf since my body fights off foreign bodies (even the embryo). Doc says if go for Ivf will need to complement with the treatment stated above.

I failed 2 fresh cycles and am kinda Glad I spent $ to get these issues diagnosed instead of carrying on w more cycles and never implanting. Kinda sad........but somewhat comforted I finally found the cause of my infertility.

How much is the comprehensive blood test?

Hi cen,

There are quite alot of success stories out there abt women who delivered their babies even with higher than normal NK cells. They did so after going for intrallipids.

Although I did not do any testing, I went through 4-5 sessions of intralipids during my ivf cycle, as I believed my NK cells were probably the cause of unsuccessful implantation.

Each session cost me around 250 and there's little pain involved (basically like an iv drip). I got my BFP after and delivered my twins last month.

So, don't give up, there's hope even with high level of NK cells.

Endo scratch is painful? I heard it's like Pap smear. Not painful. What surgery r u going for?

I will be having endo scratch on 29 Aug. my period due early Sep

Yea, that's wad I read and heard also. But it hurts for me. They gave me 2 pills to insert 7 hours prior to the endo scratch (D&C), and my cramps started then already. After the endo scratch, only when I mention about the pain the nurse gave me a painkiller. Pain only subsided about 15 min later. I'm not sure if the level of pain correlates the amount of tissue the doctor removed. During the scan, my lining was measured about 11.3 or 11.8mm.

I just got diagnose by Dr Sheila for sticky blood! other things are normal. When will you be going for your next cycle? I'll be starting my 5th frozen cycle in early Sep.

I did my d&c under KKH Private, the final bill cost me appx 2.5k (1.9K medisave, appx $600 cash). The estimated bill they charges was appx 4k thou. My sil whom is nurse ask me to go for D&C. Faster recovery and can try earlier. Doc also recommend me D&C scare i cannot take the bloody and pain (he knows i scare of pain kind lol). Baby lost heartbeat on wk 8, went for d&c on wk 9.

Dr Yeong clinic quote me $5k which I think is quite expensive. I think I will do in government hospital better . I also thinking to do the procedure to fast remove it or else it would cause infection if there is remaining tissues.

If you at subside rate for d&c should be way cheaper. Mine private rate at kkh cost me $2.5k (final bill)
I delay appx a week mentally prepare then went for it. Was ok for me. no infection, recovery is fast.
Remind to a do a min 1-2 weeks mini confinement and tiao yr body back. Take care and speedy recovery to you.

I just got diagnose by Dr Sheila for sticky blood! other things are normal. When will you be going for your next cycle? I'll be starting my 5th frozen cycle in early Sep.

Cen, chasing rainbow,
I was a patient with dr Sheila n am now 20weeks preggie. Had elevated thyroid anitobodies and was put on prednisolone during throughout my fet cycle through till my trim 1. Hang in there and trust dr shield and ur IVF dr and looking forward that your next cycle will be a bfp.

I'm on my TWW, currently on 2dp. Will be resting at home for 1 week plus before returning to work 3 days before my blood test.

I'm really glad that KKH nurses and Dr THH are all so nice and caring during this IVF journey. Ytd when I did my ET, I was experiencing extreme pain when the forceps went deep into my V area. One of the nurse (mimi) was holding my hand and encouraging me to breath in and out. On the other side Dr THH was encouraging me and telling it will be a breeze one and he kept telling me to look at my day 5 beautiful blast from the TV screen.

It was a rather short one around 10 to 15 mins, the only thing is the operation theatre is super cold but the nurses was so nice to cover with a thick blanket. Hubby was with me throughout the ET day.

Right now, I am experience sore boobs, achy back and also achy hips. The only thing is that sometimes is rather hard for me to get up from the bed maybe cos my bed is super high. Hopefully everything be smooth and a success one :)

Last edited:
It seems that some girls here just feel discomfort so maybe it won't be painful for you. For me was painful even though I have bad menstrual cramps and high pain tolerance. My Dr said maybe it's because of my endo and adeno.

I would normally do what the dr ask to do to clear all doubts. As for Dr Roland and the blood tests, I think different dr have different way of doing things. Maybe he's checking for something else? I think when doing IVF, trust is very important. You have to trust your Dr. For my first IVF, I had a bit of doubt initially and then I tell myself, I'll just go with what my Dr suggest since she's very experienced. I went with her flow and got a BFP. Sometimes we read here and there and listen to other's opinions but our Dr may have a different opinion based on their experience. When I went to my gynae during my 2nd trimester, she was quite puzzled why my IVF Dr didn't remove my cyst before the IVF. But my IVF dr had her reason for doing so.

Yes you are right. I think with IVF trust is super important. That's why I decided to go ahead and do the HSG, because I trust Prof Wong and so does my husband. With Dr Roland, I don't deny he is a good doc but I think my husband and I kept feeling like he want more $$$$ from us... so we start to question him. The facility at Virtus is top notch. But I'm super happy with Prof Wong and NUH so far.

Just did my HSG - they had a bit of problem the balloon wouldn't go in and they say my cervix is tight. I think I look so terrified that the doc say it's not a bad thing... but I wonder if it affect chances for BFP? Also just FYI - HSG can be paid for by medisave.

Anyone been to
Health and Beauty Pte Ltd 康得美? Would like to check on the review of this Chinese clinic.

I feel totally humiliated by the doctor yesterday. She gave me a big lashing till the entire clinic could hear and this is not the first time.

Moreover I just went through the emotional trauma of MTPT, this is the last thing I want to receive from my doctor.

I seriously do not have any chemistry with this doctor and I'm quite done with her.

Yes you are right. I think with IVF trust is super important. That's why I decided to go ahead and do the HSG, because I trust Prof Wong and so does my husband. With Dr Roland, I don't deny he is a good doc but I think my husband and I kept feeling like he want more $$$$ from us... so we start to question him. The facility at Virtus is top notch. But I'm super happy with Prof Wong and NUH so far.

Just did my HSG - they had a bit of problem the balloon wouldn't go in and they say my cervix is tight. I think I look so terrified that the doc say it's not a bad thing... but I wonder if it affect chances for BFP? Also just FYI - HSG can be paid for by medisave.

I'm doing my 2nd fresh now with NUH too and I am impressed with NUH actually. CHR is so organized. My Dr is not Prof Wong though.

Cervix tight will just make it a bit harder for ER/ET but I don't think it will affect chances. Should be similar to retroverted uterus etc.

I'm on my TWW, currently on 2dp. Will be resting at home for 1 week plus before returning to work 3 days before my blood test.

I'm really glad that KKH nurses and Dr THH are all so nice and caring during this IVF journey. Ytd when I did my ET, I was experiencing extreme pain when the forceps went deep into my V area. One of the nurse (mimi) was holding my hand and encouraging me to breath in and out. On the other side Dr THH was encouraging me and telling it will be a breeze one and he kept telling me to look at my day 5 beautiful blast from the TV screen.

It was a rather short one around 10 to 15 mins, the only thing is the operation theatre is super cold but the nurses was so nice to cover with a thick blanket. Hubby was with me throughout the ET day.

Right now, I am experience sore boobs, achy back and also achy hips. The only thing is that sometimes is rather hard for me to get up from the bed maybe cos my bed is super high. Hopefully everything be smooth and a success one :)

All the best! Relax and keep your feet warm.

I feel totally humiliated by the doctor yesterday. She gave me a big lashing till the entire clinic could hear and this is not the first time.

Moreover I just went through the emotional trauma of MTPT, this is the last thing I want to receive from my doctor.

I seriously do not have any chemistry with this doctor and I'm quite done with her.

Oh dear, so sorry u had a bad experience. I do agree tat sometimes my visit with her was not pleasant. Some days r good some days r bad. I'm thinking to switch to Dr Zou at amk and discontinue there.

Hi, anyone has swop from private to subsidize patient at clinic D? my fallopian tube has abt 1cm polyp & need to remove before i can carry on with the ivf.. private rate for the day surgery is $2k+ (after my medisave deduction)... and dun have the xtra cash for this... so was thinking if can downgrade to subsidize patient to get a cheaper rate to remove the polyp... den change back to private patient (with chosen gynae) for ivf procedures... need advice...

Hi, anyone has swop from private to subsidize patient at clinic D? my fallopian tube has abt 1cm polyp & need to remove before i can carry on with the ivf.. private rate for the day surgery is $2k+ (after my medisave deduction)... and dun have the xtra cash for this... so was thinking if can downgrade to subsidize patient to get a cheaper rate to remove the polyp... den change back to private patient (with chosen gynae) for ivf procedures... need advice...
Hi, if i'm not wrong you are only able to upgrade from Sub to Pvt. To downgrade from Pvt to Sub you will need to get a re-referral from polyclinic.. You may want to check with your Dr if they can make arrangement for you? That is if your Dr also see Sub clinic, let the Dr know your concerns.

Hi do u have private insurer Medisave coverage? You can claim under insurance.

I did my d&c under KKH Private, the final bill cost me appx 2.5k (1.9K medisave, appx $600 cash). The estimated bill they charges was appx 4k thou. My sil whom is nurse ask me to go for D&C. Faster recovery and can try earlier. Doc also recommend me D&C scare i cannot take the bloody and pain (he knows i scare of pain kind lol). Baby lost heartbeat on wk 8, went for d&c on wk 9.
I am so sorry on your MC too. It is really heartbroken when this happened. I just feel like the god gave me sth and suddenly took away.

Hi cen, I have almost the same conditions minus NK cells. Treatment is almost similar to yrs too, clexane injections, blood thinner aspirin and likely prednisone depending on my next blood test (before FET). I am going for a fresh cycle in Sep all the best to us. Like u, I'm feeling more comforted knowing my condition (I had two mcs before).

Back