Eshkol Valley Preschool Katong - any comments??

chiqunz

Dear mummies/daddies, any of you had kids in the above childcare centre? any comments to share?? thanks!!

i have put my gal there in the toodler class...i sometimes will come down from my house to visit her in the class. they have a good curriculum, the only thing is, are they following it?

i am still a bit doubt if they really follow the curriculum or just for show only...the teacher also gives feedback that my gal can sing this and that, eat this and that....but in fact she still can not....sometimes i am thinking if the feedback was just a mere feedback to satisfy the parents?

i put her there for trial 3 weeks, i do not see much improvement though, not sure if the time is not long enough for the teacher to work on my gal...., the teacher there gives always gives good comment about my gal, but i have doubt if this is genuine feedback or just to retain student. good feedback from teacher should be followed by improvement from our kids, shouldn't it?

i will put her there possibly for up to 6 months and review if she makes significant progress or not considering the centre is quite exp!, i will decide again after 6 mths, if other cc is better and cheaper...i actually shortlisted 2 other cc...however eskhol practically brand new, and cleaner compared to those...i also quite like their written curriculum, so decided to give it a try...hm....just pray that all money spent will be multiplied in our children...heheh

Hi graciasmum,

Thanks for yr feedback! Hopefully can hear more feedbacks soon. I was pretty attracted to their curriculum too but considering it is so new and only few students (when I visit, not sure now how many), there was only 2/3 teachers for all levels and I was in doubt whether they really carry out their enrichment programs. Also, I think the place attracted quite a number of international students over locals so not sure how is it now.
happy.gif

HI Bride

How old is your son?

You should talk to the principal and educate her. Honestly i do not feel happy when i read your comment. Principal should not make any comment or label your boy. She is not a dr or God to label him with anything. Her job is to educate and help to improve your boy that he can become independent rather than taking easy way out to exclude your boy...what she did to your boy, made me pissed off!!...do you want to contact the owner? her name is ruth to tell her abt this. i got her personal contact if you want...

Hi there, any new feedback? I'm considering the new center at Sengkang. Can share w me how much is per kid? Thks

i just sign up Eshkol valley @ sengkang. $680 per mth after subsidy. Quite expensive for a neighbourhood CC. so wondering anyone got feedback on this CC?

Hi

I have just registered with Eshkol Valley and my son will be in preschool nxt yr April 2013. Any mummies' kid in preschool next year?

my gal is at N1 class at SK now, she joined toddler class before. overall, i think the school is okay, depending on which teacher that will teach your class.

the teacher at her toddler class was good, and communicated to us very oftenly through communication book, but when she moved to N1, with new teacher, she seldomly writes in a communication book to us, other than comment that my gal is always crying after waking up and she needs to pacify her. that's all....

few incident happened at the centres, like she was falling down, being biten by her classmate...
and the centre few times i think 3 x notifying us that they got HFMD cases in barely 3 months my gal joining....so this is the dissappointing part...

other than those, curriculum is good, but we are unable to see how the curriculum was being conducted, as there is no observation room for the parents.....so you will not know if they really conducting the lesson as per their schedule or not or schedule was just a show?

fee was rather expensive too, as i do not get subsidy. i paid full 980. my hubby has asked me to withdraw and change to other childcare that cost around 700....

they have piano lesson, but the school principal said that it was only 20 mins or so, the children was just about having fun, before suddenly it is over.....the lesson is conducted by the friend of eshkol valley's owner...

Hi,

I am thinking of putting my 2 boys there so need comments from parents who have kids there.. My boy is currently at a childcare but I do not like it.. I went to Ashkol today to take a look.. I like the classrooms n the whole place seems nice compared to my boy's present childcare.. How r the teachers there? Are your kids happy there?

Graciasmum, are u working? Why not just put half day? It's cheaper. I am currently paying $600 for my boy's childcare which is also neighborhood with no enrichment and I dunno what they eat for lunch n tea break is just bread or cake most of the time.. So $680 to me is still ok becos of the enrichment course Ashkol provides..

mummies whose children just joined eshkol, did they give you a parent's login to access the parent's portal?

just got a call from Eshkol at SK to offer me a place for my boy (coming 18mths in Oct). He quoted me $980 for deposit and registration $150. uniform per set is $20 and have to purchase the bed which you can bring back if u withdraw.

I just find it abit ex and their curriculum has some Christianity/ Catholic elements in it; now dilemma as they need us to decide within these few days. I'm actually also on waiting list at the 2 PCF childcare centres nearer to my house. Anyway, I've made appointment to bring my boy and hubby to view the centre tis Saturday.

Hi miracle25,

My 2 boys are with Eshkol valley SK branch since march this year.. Are u entitled for any govt subsidy? If u r working, it will be $680.. It's def more exp compared to PCF but so far, my sons are very happy there n they have very nice teachers.. That is very impt to me cos my elder son's previous childcare was very bad.. He practically cried everyday when I bring him to sch.. But now he enjoys gg to Eshkol with his younger brother who is in play group.. You should go down to take a look at the place.. I like it the first time I went to view the place..

Hi miracle25,

My 2 boys are with Eshkol valley SK branch since march this year.. Are u entitled for any govt subsidy? If u r working, it will be $680.. It's def more exp compared to PCF but so far, my sons are very happy there n they have very nice teachers.. That is very impt to me cos my elder son's previous childcare was very bad.. He practically cried everyday when I bring him to sch.. But now he enjoys gg to Eshkol with his younger brother who is in play group.. You should go down to take a look at the place.. I like it the first time I went to view the place..
Hi Claire07, are your kids still with eskhol valley (sk) ? How is it so far? Any turnover rate or epidemic of hfmd or chickenpox?

there was a handful of hfmd cases in may/june & chickenpox cases in Jul/Aug. Overall still seems ok, at least didnt close the whole centre. my son's class eng and chinese teachers changed once this yr. think staff turnover is inevitable.

The time table seems impressive, but im not too sure whether they really follow throughout cos my toddler son is not very good in expressing himself. but he did learn some new songs and will sing for me. He master all his alphabets and its phonics sound (a to z) at 2 yr + & his chinese is improving... but i'm not too sure it's because of the childcare or enrichment classes at julia gabriels & berries. But overall, he seems happy to go to school and come home happily everyday. There is excursion every 3 months. The premises is small, but look clean and cosy.

Hi All,

Just to share that recently i had a bad experience with Eshkol Valley at Sengkang. I have forfeited $500 just for 2 half day in there. So mummies do re-consider if you were to send your child there.

Hi All,

Just to share that recently i had a bad experience with Eshkol Valley at Sengkang. I have forfeited $500 just for 2 half day in there. So mummies do re-consider if you were to send your child there.

Hi twinz89, care to share more? I am considering enrolling my daughter there. Thank you!

Back