2017 IVF mummies

my doc isnt a gynae. she is i think the team leader in the ivf dept (but shes not big doc liked thh) so she dont do delivery etc. so i was hmm quite confused when i saw ivf doc over here.
she is ivf doc doing ivf etc thing?

U can check with ur ivf doc does she do delivery? If not u want can switch over to dr thh or find those private gynae outside. Coz dr thh is head of ivf dept but he does delivery also. Thats why most of us whom are conceive just stick to him throughout.

THH is private doc ba
My doc doesn't do delivery. I already checked with the nurse. I saw dr THH before n he's liked always so busy so I'm not really keen to find him
I am now thinking actually it's not that bad to go for subsidize rate first. From there see diff doctors n see which one good. I have no idea if medicine will be subsidized or not but I guess so?

At this point though I think I will just be relaxed n eat good. All this of seeing doctors decide later. Don't want to make myself worry over such things. Don't want to be so tense up. Relaxing is very important. The muscles n mind is different

Still have to start applying a new meditation techniques. So yeah. Just leave things as it is
If you can help with the acid reflux qns pls share ur tips! Thanks

Hmm subsidy rate will be seeing diff doc at each visit. If u are comfy with it can just go ahead. Dr thh os well known thats why many patients to see.
As for acid reflux i think u can try to drink warm water? See if it helps?

Hi beautiful ladies, currently in a dilemma.. wonder if anyone can share? Should opt for single or double embryos?

If double embryos, only one happened to conceive, what will happen to the not fertilised one?

Hi beautiful ladies, currently in a dilemma.. wonder if anyone can share? Should opt for single or double embryos?

If double embryos, only one happened to conceive, what will happen to the not fertilised one?

Normally is transfer 2 embryo. The chances of getting preg is higher. The other one will just disappear into ur body lor if nv conceive

Hi, You mean to transfer right? Whether you want to opt for a double or single. It depends on a few things...
1. How many embryos survived? Do you have many left to freeze?
2. How old are you? The older you are the harder it is to conceive so it is better to put in more. Well, the cap is 2.
3. How comfortable you are with having twins? If you were like me and scared that you were not able to deal with 2 babies at one time, then you decide. But of course the chances of you conceiving at least one is higher.

As for your question- you mean the egg did not fertilise when the embryologist introduced the sperm in the lab? Or do you mean implant? If the embryo does not implant after the transfer is done?

Do let me know... would be happy to help!

Dr Yu Su Ling was my IVF doc and I bfp with her on my first IVF attempt, now 18wks plus preg. The cost was around 15.2k for my fresh cycle - can use 6.3k from cpf, if u don't have govt subsidy. She is a good and v experience doc just among the 3 public hospitals for IVF - seems like SGH charges the highest. But the benefit is the short waiting list compared to kkh.

Yes I am with Dr Yu as well. She is really calm and good. She also responds to all my silly questions through email, for that, I appreciate her. I just did my FET with her on 7 July. Results on 18 July... so nervous!

Hi snow19 and marywana77,

Thanks for sharing.. NUH nurse kept encouraging to put 1 as the chance of it being implanted is higher as compared to two and there is chance that it may split into twins. She also added that if double embryos may have higher implications than one and could spilt into triple or etc. So this kind of frightened me off.

As for the questions asked by marywana77,

1. How many embryos survived? Do you have many left to freeze? (Has not gone to that stage yet)
2. How old are you? The older you are the harder it is to conceive so it is better to put in more. Well, the cap is 2. (33, the nurse said this is one of the reasons that single embryos is better)
3. How comfortable you are with having twins? (I think I'm open to that haha)

Ya I meant after it is being transferred to my womb. :)

More than Happy to hear more advice thanks

Another point to consider is if u transfer 2, you must be mentally prepared to deal with physical discomfort, emotional, financial stress if there are complications during the multiple pregnancy and also high chance of delivering pre-term babies.

To me, if u are culturing your embryos to blastocysts and ur lab can tell u the actual grading of ur blastocysts. You just need to transfer one golden- good quality blastocyst to fall pregnant.

Another point to consider is if u transfer 2, you must be mentally prepared to deal with physical discomfort, emotional, financial stress if there are complications during the multiple pregnancy and also high chance of delivering pre-term babies.

To me, if u are culturing your embryos to blastocysts and ur lab can tell u the actual grading of ur blastocysts. You just need to transfer one golden- good quality blastocyst to fall pregnant.

Thanks for sharing.. NUH nurse kept encouraging to put 1 as the chance of it being implanted is higher as compared to two and there is chance that it may split into twins. She also added that if double embryos may have higher implications than one and could spilt into triple or etc. So this kind of frightened me off.

1. How many embryos survived? Do you have many left to freeze? (Has not gone to that stage yet)
2. How old are you? The older you are the harder it is to conceive so it is better to put in more. Well, the cap is 2. (33, the nurse said this is one of the reasons that single embryos is better)

It's all about quality not quantity
But there are many reasons why an embryo doesnt implant, it could be chromosomal or something as simple as that it just doesnt implant. If you dont mind having twins, then put two in. That's my take on it. Ultimately, that's the worst that could happen.

All the best dear!

Hmm subsidy rate will be seeing diff doc at each visit. If u are comfy with it can just go ahead. Dr thh os well known thats why many patients to see.
As for acid reflux i think u can try to drink warm water? See if it helps?

But my friend pay private rates, she never get to see THH at all leh. Only during first consultation, ER and ET?

I was with NUH and was very pleased at how "human" they were to all of us. Service is very good.

And acid reflux.. nothing's helping lol

This is your first ET? I remember NUH's protocol is first attempt and you're under 35, they'll strongly encourage the transfer of ONE.

But if that one transfer doesn't work out, subsequently they won't encourage that much for either one or two already.

It's something that prof shared during the briefings on Sat.

But my friend pay private rates, she never get to see THH at all leh. Only during first consultation, ER and ET?

I was with NUH and was very pleased at how "human" they were to all of us. Service is very good.

Yup thats during ivf stages. Will only see dr thh at the first few consultations n once u take the jabs u will only see him during ER n ET. After that if conceive will see him mthly all the way until 3rd trimester will be 2 weeks once

Thanks ladies. I will think about it before next week..

Hi veraine, ya they STRONGLY encourage one for my first time.

Me also la. It's their protocol.

Then cos my first transfer didn't work out, after that I said two they didn't say much.. just "Confirm two ah? You're quite small size!" Then move on already heh

Yes kkh is like this. During ivf the cost for private and subsidise is the same cost.
I choose doc only saw him once in clinic d, during er & et.
Regardless of bfp or bfn, back to clinic d, will see dr tan thou.

It's all about quality not quantity
But there are many reasons why an embryo doesnt implant, it could be chromosomal or something as simple as that it just doesnt implant. If you dont mind having twins, then put two in. That's my take on it. Ultimately, that's the worst that could happen.

All the best dear!
Hi,

The worst of transferring two is triple actually. If both implant and 1 split to normal twin, triple is possible.
It is not abt having twin, it is actually twin has higher risk of premature and complication. I dont mind twin personally but think of the premature and complication is scary. (Buddy cousin twin premature, hos bill is the cost of a hdb flat few hundred Ks)

Chance is almost the same. If embryo quality gd, will implant. Many bfp with 1 blast too.

Yeap, i bfp with a single blastocyst too.
My dr told me transferring 2 good quality blastos will not increase the chances of pregnancy but will increase the chances of multiple pregnancies. And was proven that 3 other friends who were with the same dr all bfp with good quality blastocysts.

Yeap, i bfp with a single blastocyst too.
My dr told me transferring 2 good quality blastos will not increase the chances of pregnancy but will increase the chances of multiple pregnancies. And was proven that 3 other friends who were with the same dr all bfp with good quality blastocysts.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...-less-successful-with-two-embryos-study-finds

This is an interesting read for those who are contemplating...
I suppose it boils down to how much time you have and whether you want to put all your eggs in one basket (pardon the pun) or wait it out...

But like abit waste money sia. Transfer 1 only n what are the chances.

No la, don't think of it as waste money!

Ultimately the money that you got to spend on twins/multiples will be more also. No hand me downs, things like strollers and beds got to multiply, and the list goes on. And if need NICU, all the costs would add up.

But I know where ur coming fr, I only had 1 embryo my first two cycles. This time round I had more, and I transferred 2. And expecting twins now! Also because I wanted to increase the probability of success, but importantly you must be ready for the possibility of multiples too.

Hi Mummies,
I am expecting my 2nd baby this year.

I would like to share, recently I attended an awesome nutritional class. The speaker is one of the well-known nutritional teacher in the field.
She has been teaching for 17 years and was even invited to attend health talks on television.

She share very details information like what rice, eggs or chicken we should look out for and what household products we should be aware as the toxins/chemicals will be harmful to our baby in the tummy.

I really feel this is a very essential class for all mummies to attend.
As we all want a healthy cute little baby!

She has class on Mon 7.30pm, Wed 7.30pm & Sunday 4pm

If you are interested, let me know I can help you to enroll the class. :)

just to say another gynae told me its not good to keep on doing scan esp early stages.

At early stage of pregnancy, since fetal sac is still v small. Drs will need to do V-scan and it may at times trigger staining or bleeding.

As pregnancy progresses, it is perfectly ok to scan via tummy scan.

I travelled to bkk last mth. The start of second trimester my no 1 time i travelled during first trimester

Did your doctor raise any concerns especially during your first pregnancy?
How far along are you now?
I will need to travel for work during week 15/16 and my gynae initially said to be on the safe side, just stay in Singapore. But when I mentioned its for work, he said he would prescribe emergency meds.

I had thought it should be no issue if the pregnancy is healthy but I have been reading stuff online about how pregnancies can be complicated and have been scaring myself silly. Now my worry is about DS and incompetent cervix. Totally paranoid now.

No la, don't think of it as waste money!

Ultimately the money that you got to spend on twins/multiples will be more also. No hand me downs, things like strollers and beds got to multiply, and the list goes on. And if need NICU, all the costs would add up.

But I know where ur coming fr, I only had 1 embryo my first two cycles. This time round I had more, and I transferred 2. And expecting twins now! Also because I wanted to increase the probability of success, but importantly you must be ready for the possibility of multiples too.

Hi veraine, mind if I ask? So the first two cycles you put 1 embryos, successful too?

Did your doctor raise any concerns especially during your first pregnancy?
How far along are you now?
I will need to travel for work during week 15/16 and my gynae initially said to be on the safe side, just stay in Singapore. But when I mentioned its for work, he said he would prescribe emergency meds.

I had thought it should be no issue if the pregnancy is healthy but I have been reading stuff online about how pregnancies can be complicated and have been scaring myself silly. Now my worry is about DS and incompetent cervix. Totally paranoid now.

he's ok with it. he even issue a letter in case airline that side asking..

Hi brave ladies....

Did anyone of you faced a situation where the eggs and sperms are not fertilised after egg retrieval. After the second day culture, did it get fertilised?

Hi brave ladies....

Did anyone of you faced a situation where the eggs and sperms are not fertilised after egg retrieval. After the second day culture, did it get fertilised?
Was ICSI performed?
I know even with ICSI, fertilisation is not 100% guaranteed. Fertilisation is still pretty much a natural process. ICSI only introduces the sperm into the egg.

Was ICSI performed?
I know even with ICSI, fertilisation is not 100% guaranteed. Fertilisation is still pretty much a natural process. ICSI only introduces the sperm into the egg.

I'm not too sure. I presume there was.. today embryologist called to say the eggs are not fertilised.. very sad hard truth.. dejected.. dunno what went wrong..

I'm not too sure. I presume there was.. today embryologist called to say the eggs are not fertilised.. very sad hard truth.. dejected.. dunno what went wrong..

There are many reasons to eggs not being fertilized. Low or abnormal sperm counts can attribute to low fertilization rate but this can usually be overcome using Icis.

However Sometimes the follicles does not have matured eggs, at times the eggs are of mediocre or poor quality and this makes fertilization impossible.

You may read the details of failed fertilization :-
https://www.drmalpani.com/articles/why-dont-all-eggs-fertilise-in-the-ivf-lab

There are many reasons to eggs not being fertilized. Low or abnormal sperm counts can attribute to low fertilization rate but this can usually be overcome using Icis.

However Sometimes the follicles does not have matured eggs, at times the eggs are of mediocre or poor quality and this makes fertilization impossible.

You may read the details of failed fertilization :-
https://www.drmalpani.com/articles/why-dont-all-eggs-fertilise-in-the-ivf-lab

daylesford, Thanks for sharing! I'm from NUH. Not sure what method (ICSI) or etc they used..

The journey is really quite painful.. thinking if I should wait a couple of months or try again at the next cycle..

Hi All,

Jus like to check if anyone here got cyst but still managed to do embryo transfer and successfully pregnant and deliver smoothly? I went for scanning and doctor checked that i got 3CM cyst on left side and he said still able to proceed for embryo transfer but jus pray cyst dont burst if not need go for surgery and implication during pregnancy :(

Hi All,

Jus like to check if anyone here got cyst but still managed to do embryo transfer and successfully pregnant and deliver smoothly? I went for scanning and doctor checked that i got 3CM cyst on left side and he said still able to proceed for embryo transfer but jus pray cyst dont burst if not need go for surgery and implication during pregnancy :(

mine was fibroid n was remove before the start of ivf journey. i was told by dr tan remove that will have higher chance of getting preg. i duno why ur doc nv check before proceeding to the journey. or it only appear now?

mine was fibroid n was remove before the start of ivf journey. i was told by dr tan remove that will have higher chance of getting preg. i duno why ur doc nv check before proceeding to the journey. or it only appear now?

Hi Snow19,

My doctor did scanning and checked the cyst but he suggested to remove first just in case its cancerous call (but he think high chance might not be since last yr dec i alr did endometriosis surgery) but he said still able to proceed for ET though. Jus curios to know if any ladies here have similar situation as me. Thank u

Hi Snow19,

My doctor did scanning and checked the cyst but he suggested to remove first just in case its cancerous call (but he think high chance might not be since last yr dec i alr did endometriosis surgery) but he said still able to proceed for ET though. Jus curios to know if any ladies here have similar situation as me. Thank u

My frien sil detect during preg. But i cant remember is fibroid or cysts. N she only remove it recently. During csect time her gynae nv remove for her say is not necessary.

Hi, any IVF mummies who have done the FTS? My results for the Oscar is not very good and now I'm waiting for the NIPT results. Just wondering if any IVF mummies encounter less than ideal Oscar result?

For those who did the FTS at KKH, do you remember how far apart were the dates drawn for the FTS Blood test and the ultrasound scan? Mine is about 3 weeks apart and I wonder if that could have an impact on the results

Hi everyone, was wondering if you could share your experience of undergoing IVF.. I'm a little tore in between.. while my hub and I would like to try but yet I'm wondering if we are rushing into things.. we have been TTC for the past 2 years but no news :(

Hi everyone, was wondering if you could share your experience of undergoing IVF.. I'm a little tore in between.. while my hub and I would like to try but yet I'm wondering if we are rushing into things.. we have been TTC for the past 2 years but no news :(

I ever cane across the news n they mention if u have reach upon a certain age n have tried 6 mths n still no news is best to go for check up. What i know is as women age going up the egg quanlity is going down. U nv know if u or ur hub have any issue with it. Some doesn need ivf just need some medicine help or some just need IUI only. So if can just go for a fertility checkup ba

Yeah.. the quality of our eggs will only deteriorate with age. The docs will advise accordingly based on the various fertility test results. So perhaps go for that first? All the best.

Hi all..
Need some advise..
Im in my 9dp3dt.. HPT shows positive..
Could it be false positive due to hcg shot?
Anyone has similar exp
Actually dont intend to test till BT but itchy hands..

Hi all..
Need some advise..
Im in my 9dp3dt.. HPT shows positive..
Could it be false positive due to hcg shot?
Anyone has similar exp
Actually dont intend to test till BT but itchy hands..

Too early to test liao la. U shld test nearer to the day 14. N again the test kit might not be accurate due to the high hcg level we have

Back