IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi sisters,

I would like to encourage all who are trying to continue trying!

After 5 attempts (3 fresh 2 fet), I finally bfp. HCG on 18dpo with 2 day5 blastocyst is 3900+. 1st time bfp, with such a high reading somemore.

For this round of fresh, I was given gonalF +menopur. Achieved my best results so far as it's my 1st time being able to cultivate to blastocyst.

After trf, was prescribed aspirin, duphaston and folic acid, with crinone inserts. After blood test, stopped the inserts but continued all the oral meds.

Continue fighting on everyone!
hi big congrats! anythg that you do different for this bfp round?

hi big congrats! anythg that you do different for this bfp round?

For me...My problem seems to be my lining. For all previous cycles, it had trouble hitting 8mm by the last scan. But for this cycle, it was 9.4mm by the last scan.

I attribute this to firstly, the inclusion of Menopur which apparently increases FSH levels, so had more mature eggs this time round. Next, is my twice weekly acupuncture at tcm. Been going for tcm for 9 months prior to this cycle. Diligently drinking red bean soup and red date drinks. So think these 2 factors combine help to improve my lining. :)

For me...My problem seems to be my lining. For all previous cycles, it had trouble hitting 8mm by the last scan. But for this cycle, it was 9.4mm by the last scan.

I attribute this to firstly, the inclusion of Menopur which apparently increases FSH levels, so had more mature eggs this time round. Next, is my twice weekly acupuncture at tcm. Been going for tcm for 9 months prior to this cycle. Diligently drinking red bean soup and red date drinks. So think these 2 factors combine help to improve my lining. :)
thanks for sharing. have a nice weekend and njoy e bfp :)

Anyone been to
Health and Beauty Pte Ltd 康得美? Would like to check on the review of this Chinese clinic.

Is this next to Chinatown Point? The physician is TSB? Been there for 1 year... it's about chemistry which I don't have much with her. Her medicine needs to brew, it's time consuming and I don't see the result.

At the scan today (Day 31), didn't see a heartbeat or fetal pole. Only a tiny yolk sac. Doc told me to brace myself. If next week there is no heartbeat (or a weak heartbeat not corresponding to the embryo age) then have to let it go.

I feel sad, but on the other hand I have to be logical and if it's not healthy, then its not to be. Consider this natural selection.

Perhaps it was not to be from the very beginning, all those cramps and bleeding.

The whole process of TTC sucks.

Btw every wed in jul, shopback had 15% rebate using standcharter card rebate for iherb + discount code 5% HAR2151

Reply from shopback:
There will be a banner on every Wednesday in our app. Kindly click on the banner on the that itself and you will be redirected to the SC page :) then buy from iherb from there

New shopback user have addition $5 rebate.
https://www.shopback.sg/referred-signup-bonus?raf=ri1BZ8

Is this next to Chinatown Point? The physician is TSB? Been there for 1 year... it's about chemistry which I don't have much with her. Her medicine needs to brew, it's time consuming and I don't see the result.
Thanks for your reply. A friend recommended me this place so I dun know whether is the exact location. Wanted to find out more to decide whether to go for this.

At the scan today (Day 31), didn't see a heartbeat or fetal pole. Only a tiny yolk sac. Doc told me to brace myself. If next week there is no heartbeat (or a weak heartbeat not corresponding to the embryo age) then have to let it go.

I feel sad, but on the other hand I have to be logical and if it's not healthy, then its not to be. Consider this natural selection.

Perhaps it was not to be from the very beginning, all those cramps and bleeding.

hugs.did roland mentioned perhaps its slow growth?

Hugs i lost mine at wk 8 too. I also think if it is not healthy better for the baby to be gone than to suffer when born. Jiayou our rainbow baby will come soon.

Hugz ... take care...indeed the whole process sucks... it doesn't stops at BFP but it goes on and on with endless worry....

hugs.did roland mentioned perhaps its slow growth?

He just said to come back one week later to scan again, but I have to 'brace myself'
Since he is usually positive and super cool, I reckon it's not a good prognosis. Sigh. I wish it was slow growth , but the sac looked pretty empty.
Will update next week but I don't feel positive. Somehow before gg for the scan today I wasn't feeling positive either.

Hugs i lost mine at wk 8 too. I also think if it is not healthy better for the baby to be gone than to suffer when born. Jiayou our rainbow baby will come soon.

Thanks Dale. What was the cause for your case? Was it similar.
Agree that its better to let it go early if it's not healthy.

Hugz ... take care...indeed the whole process sucks... it doesn't stops at BFP but it goes on and on with endless worry....

Yeah. Agree that After bfp is even worse. I was suffering much more these recent weeks, than before bfp.

Cramps v painful worse than period cramps, on off bleeding, progesterone injection hurts much longer than any other injection, constant background worrying about the embryo (is it alive is it dead, is it growing as it should) , constant running to the doc. Burn money on taxi, disrupt work. Ugggh.

It's a bloody nightmare and if it ends with a live birth of a healthy baby it would have been worth it, but no, life isn't so kind based on what I discovered today :(

Hi gal, I Guess this is pretty common for IVFer. I lost mine at 12 weeks scan... THH just told me there is no more HB at around 10 weeks. It was heart breaking then.... but we move on took a break and finally succeed. It took me 3 fresh and 1 FET.
Take care and Chin up!

Hi gal, I Guess this is pretty common for IVFer. I lost mine at 12 weeks scan... THH just told me there is no more HB at around 10 weeks. It was heart breaking then.... but we move on took a break and finally succeed. It took me 3 fresh and 1 FET.
Take care and Chin up!

gosh. guess i am too optimistic at 7 weeks.

Due to 2 days of brown spotting and fear of UTI I went to Dr Chieng today. Kena another progesterone jab, and a scan.

He said my hormone levels are not ideal, got to do daily progesterone jab. And blood test again tmw. Sigh :(

But my recent blood test just this Wed i.e. yesterday, Day 25, was HCG 7760 and Progesterone 18. The nurse said it was normal range. I checked internet also seems normal range.

Sigh. But I will follow instructions and turn up for jab. The progesterone jab still aches now. Feeling Suay....

Hi, you mean u went to see DR. Roland Chieng fertility clinic? I now also his patient and undergoing IVF first cycle now. Already done with egg retrieval and my embryo is in good grade. But the disappointing news is that i diagnosed with a cyst (He suggest for a laprascopy surgery to remove) but DR.Chieng said i can go ahead with embryo transfer but success rate might reduce slight. Jus cross finger and pray things goes well. Pls dont give up and you will succeed as well! Be positive!! Lets jiayou!

I've been following this thread as a silent reader. I got BFP on my 3rd fresh cycle; at 10weeks now and i am still very scared that there will not be a live birth. It is just a super long and mentally exhausting process from TTC to BFP to birth.

I had an empty sac for my 1st fresh and that was so traumatic, it took me quite some time to recover. Now when I go for my scans, I always brace myself for bad news, always cannot sleep well the night before.

For those who are TTC, all the best!! For those who have BFPed, hang in there and hope for the best! I really think us women who have gone through IVF are really strong. Hopefully our baby dreams will come true sooner than later.

Usually he will avoid ph or weekends (sun)..usually he gives 14 days hl after et..

I m at wk34+ now. My number 1 gal Aso success under him n was supppse to to b fraternal twin but one didn't make it .. now it's identical twin gals.

FYI he prefer blasto n fet now. I did mentioned to him I nvr success w Fet in my record n he agree n said ok fresh trsf for me but who knows I got mild ohss this round n he said postpone to fet following month. I was scared n disappointed but I believe his judgement n went along w his decision. In fact I left w 4 frozen blasto, 1 didn't make it when thaw for trsf n put in 2 n I only left w 1 frozen blasto

Hi Dolly Gal,

I am currently also seeing DR. Roland Chieng and i undergoing first IVF with him. Last yr DEC he suggested to do laprascopy surgery for me to remove my endometriosis. And higher chance for me to natrual conceive. But already over 6 months but still no good news thats why i now go for IVF. And already done egg retrieval and he said my embryo in good grades and high chance of conceive successfully. BUT... he said i got a cyst 3cm. He will check again and advice if need removal before embryo transfer. Lets pray and hope all went smoothly and one time success! All the best!

Hi all,

I have called up KKH to check if I am to do medicated FET. So the Doctor has given me a green light to do as my last mense was 12 April 2017 (1st menses after ER) and until now I do not have any menses.

I will be collecting the medication and do my urine test tml.

The nurse told me that my 1st medication to induce the mense is called "Dyrogesteron 10mg". Anyone has been given this medication?

I read that this medication helps to induce mense and also help in preventing miscarriage.

But the side effect of this medication is quite horrible.

The nurse told me after this medication, my mense will be arriving in 5 to 7 days. Then I call KKH to arrange for FET to be done. However I'll need to take this medication called "progynova", is it in a gel form?

Hopefully everything will be fine and I'll be able to start my FET soon.

Dyrogesteron is Duphaston
Progynova is in pill form

Actually I took both for about 3 months and no side effect. But my Dr gave me when I BFP all the way till end of first trimester to support the pregnancy. But I thought Duphaston is actually not to induce menses. Maybe Norethisterone?

All the best for your FET

Dyrogesteron is Duphaston
Progynova is in pill form

Actually I took both for about 3 months and no side effect. But my Dr gave me when I BFP all the way till end of first trimester to support the pregnancy. But I thought Duphaston is actually not to induce menses. Maybe Norethisterone?

All the best for your FET

For a woman with regular period, body produces progesterone during luteal phase (after ovulation), and menses starts due to the drop of progesterone level.

By taking duphaston, we're basically artificially having a level of progesterone, and when we stop the medicine, it mimics the "drop" in level. Thus menses starts.

It's also why it's dangerous to stop duphaston if one is pregnant because the brain may be confused by the dip in levels and starts a period.

Hello all, I've been a silent reader of this forum and finally found the courage to post. Quite afraid to find people who knows me personally here.

After one year of trying naturally, I've been thru 3 rounds of SO-IUI (Feb, March, April 2017) and I just did my IVF (ICSI) in mid July. I'm doing FET in coming August if everything goes well. Out of 12 eggs, in the end I have 3 blastocyst (2 D5 (Grade 4AA) and 1 D6 (Grade 4 CB)). My lining might be a problem as it has always been too thick and doc said he sees alot of white in the scan, but there's no polyps or fibroids. I had my endo lap last Oct 2016.

This TTC journey has been quite tough for me. I gained lots of weight, lost my motivation in most areas of my life, and I tried to avoid social events as much as possible. None of our parents know that we are going for this, except my sister and 2 of my friends. The reason why we are not telling our parents because they might not understand our situation (especially my parents) and I'm so afraid of receiving unnecessary comments which I do not need right now. I go for TCM with Dr Tan SB at the chinatown branch since last August 2016. I ovulate every month and my doc also didn't find any hormone problems with me. My hubs' sperms are less than ideal but it's not that bad. So we don't really know what's wrong. Sounds like pretty unexplained or maybe it's the endo that has done the damage. But my gynae who did it for me said my endo wasn't that bad.

Consulted 2 fengshui master before my assisted conception and both say my husband doesn't have children luck, on the other hand, I do have lots of children luck. So I wonder if it's really fated.

Anyways, hope I'm getting enough positive vibes and trying to stay hopeful for my FET in Aug. Hope I will strike in the first IVF cycle! Thank you for reading!

Hi everyone, i'm new here.
Have been reading alot here and now then have the courage to post here.
i had previous 2x IUIs and currently on the 2ww for my 1st IVF cycle.
i did the blastocyst transfer on D5 egg retrieval, today is like 10days after the Fresh ET.
I started to have spotting 2 days ago and today seems to have slight bleeding.
Is this considered failed cycle?
My BT is scheduled to be on mon (31 jul).

Worried.

i did the blastocyst transfer on D5 egg retrieval, today is like 10days after the Fresh ET.

Worried.
Could it be implantation? All is not lost until full period comes! Jiayou!

For a woman with regular period, body produces progesterone during luteal phase (after ovulation), and menses starts due to the drop of progesterone level.

By taking duphaston, we're basically artificially having a level of progesterone, and when we stop the medicine, it mimics the "drop" in level. Thus menses starts.

It's also why it's dangerous to stop duphaston if one is pregnant because the brain may be confused by the dip in levels and starts a period.

Ahhhh.. thank you for the explanation.

Worried.

I think you should request for earlier BT tomorrow so that you can get additional medicinal support if needed.

Hello all, I've been a silent reader of this forum and finally found the courage to post. Quite afraid to find people who knows me personally here.

After one year of trying naturally, I've been thru 3 rounds of SO-IUI (Feb, March, April 2017) and I just did my IVF (ICSI) in mid July. I'm doing FET in coming August if everything goes well. Out of 12 eggs, in the end I have 3 blastocyst (2 D5 (Grade 4AA) and 1 D6 (Grade 4 CB)). My lining might be a problem as it has always been too thick and doc said he sees alot of white in the scan, but there's no polyps or fibroids. I had my endo lap last Oct 2016.

This TTC journey has been quite tough for me. I gained lots of weight, lost my motivation in most areas of my life, and I tried to avoid social events as much as possible. None of our parents know that we are going for this, except my sister and 2 of my friends. The reason why we are not telling our parents because they might not understand our situation (especially my parents) and I'm so afraid of receiving unnecessary comments which I do not need right now. I go for TCM with Dr Tan SB at the chinatown branch since last August 2016. I ovulate every month and my doc also didn't find any hormone problems with me. My hubs' sperms are less than ideal but it's not that bad. So we don't really know what's wrong. Sounds like pretty unexplained or maybe it's the endo that has done the damage. But my gynae who did it for me said my endo wasn't that bad.

Consulted 2 fengshui master before my assisted conception and both say my husband doesn't have children luck, on the other hand, I do have lots of children luck. So I wonder if it's really fated.

Anyways, hope I'm getting enough positive vibes and trying to stay hopeful for my FET in Aug. Hope I will strike in the first IVF cycle! Thank you for reading!

Be positive ok! I have severe endo and adeno and I BFP-ed with 1 cyst still in my ovary. So yes, there ISSSSS hope! :)
You must think positive and try to relax after your FET. I watched comedies right after my FET and I had sofa rest for a couple of days. Make sure you wear socks. Eat brazil nuts (abt 2 to 3) per day.

Worried.

Don't be worried! I had spotting around those few days of 2ww also.

After that still bleed on and off. Now I'm W11, and this afternoon also saw some blood.

Lotsa sisters have success stories to share
Stay positive!

Omg I took 4 days of progynova (2mg) starting 24 July and suddenly now I started my menses again. Today should be my 7th day and should stop. But why start bleeding again? Pls advice if it's normal to expect this side effect or I should call the clinic tml and check? Thank u.

Nah, the progesterone jab is only if the progesterone blood levels are not to the Doc's satisfaction.

In my case, the meds after bfp were initially exactly the same as what doc prescribed during tww: progynova, duphaston, folic, utrogestuan inserts. Unfortunately I kept spotting so I did recurrent blood tests, the doc said prog level in blood is low, so I got to inject prog and cannot rely on the utrogestuan inserts anymore.

So now these are my daily meds now: progynova, duphaston, folic, progesterone injection. The injection is to the butt, cannot self inject

Hi Greenleaf. May I know if u took the progynova pills did ur menses come back again after it stop? I started the pill on day 4 of my menses and suddenly tdy is my day 7 which supposed to stop my cycle but I still bleeding abit. May I know if its normal bcos its my first time and thinking if to call the clinic tml. Thank u for ur reply.

Be positive ok! I have severe endo and adeno and I BFP-ed with 1 cyst still in my ovary. So yes, there ISSSSS hope! :)
You must think positive and try to relax after your FET. I watched comedies right after my FET and I had sofa rest for a couple of days. Make sure you wear socks. Eat brazil nuts (abt 2 to 3) per day.

Thank you!

Anyone taking progynova after embryo transfer? I'm having much tender breasts after taking this I hope it's pregnancy symptoms and not side effects of progynova.....does anyone had similar encounter as me?

Anyone taking progynova after embryo transfer? I'm having much tender breasts after taking this I hope it's pregnancy symptoms and not side effects of progynova.....does anyone had similar encounter as me?

Are you taking progesterone too? I took these pills after my SO- IUI (and will be taking it after transfer too), and I always have tender boobs. You can say it might be a pregnancy symptom (or effects after taking the pills) but I think it's better not to symptom spot as you will go crazy after. I'm that kind of girls who has ALL kinds of symptoms after my ovulation and didn't get pregnant in the end also. So symptom spotting is not accurate at all. Best is to just wait for blood test or a positive pregnancy test kit. Wishing u all the best and lots of baby dusts to u!

Don't be worried! I had spotting around those few days of 2ww also.

After that still bleed on and off. Now I'm W11, and this afternoon also saw some blood.
Hi, really thanks for your reply.
It makes me feel better. I hope it's just implantation bleeding.

Are you taking progesterone too? I took these pills after my SO- IUI (and will be taking it after transfer too), and I always have tender boobs. You can say it might be a pregnancy symptom (or effects after taking the pills) but I think it's better not to symptom spot as you will go crazy after. I'm that kind of girls who has ALL kinds of symptoms after my ovulation and didn't get pregnant in the end also. So symptom spotting is not accurate at all. Best is to just wait for blood test or a positive pregnancy test kit. Wishing u all the best and lots of baby dusts to u!

Yes, I'm also taking progesterone inserts as well. ... too early for me to do a blood test as I'm only on 3dp3dt.. still a Long way to go...

Hey it depends on your body. If the blood test shows u are not pregnant, doctor will ask you to stop taking progesterone and your period will come shortly after. Crossing fingers for u and wish u luck!
Thanks. Will wait for monday blood test and will update you all again.

Hi Greenleaf. May I know if u took the progynova pills did ur menses come back again after it stop? I started the pill on day 4 of my menses and suddenly tdy is my day 7 which supposed to stop my cycle but I still bleeding abit. May I know if its normal bcos its my first time and thinking if to call the clinic tml. Thank u for ur reply.

Hi
No I don't recall my menses coming back after I first embarked on progynova. Suggest u talk to your clinic doc/ nurses if u are worried.

Back