2016/07 July babies

Today suppose to take two jab, mmr and pneumococcal booster but I request just have mmr, i will come back next month for booster. Nurse said mmr may have fever next week. Today so far so good, no fever haha.. emkjr also never get to cry when jab, before he wanna pretend to cry the nurse very quickly jab it.
Oh ya just sharing, dentist advise to get toothbrush with brush instead of rubber brush coz brush can clean it better than rubber brush.
Weight have increase 10.4kg, 75percentile, height 75cm which is between 50-75 percentile.

I totally forgotten my appt for the vaccination. Going to call polyclinic to get another date. Think going to wait for another month since the date very full de.
I dun use diaper cream Liao leh haha coz I'm juz plain lazy. Normally I will change her diaper at 9pm which is her bed time and change when she wakes up ard 6-7am. So far ok leh..

I totally forgotten my appt for the vaccination. Going to call polyclinic to get another date. Think going to wait for another month since the date very full de.
I dun use diaper cream Liao leh haha coz I'm juz plain lazy. Normally I will change her diaper at 9pm which is her bed time and change when she wakes up ard 6-7am. So far ok leh..

Hahaha the last appt was so many months ago, hard to remember

I also don't apply diaper cream anymore. Just wipe and change his diaper around 9pm and till next morning 8+ depending on what time he has his first feeding.

Going for his jab on Monday don't know what will happen since it's been quite long since the last jab.

For those who bring baby for jabs at polyclinic, do you ask for an MC in case fever sets in the next day? This coming jab seems to have a high chance of fever following :(, and am wondering what you all do.

Any mummy gives cheese to baby? What brand and type can we give?
Cheese for babies should be pasteurized. Quite a few mummies are offering Bega's Stringers (can get from Cold Storage and some NTUCs) comes in wrapped sticks as the sodium level in this is lower. I've given Edaam's as well but I find it's quite salty, however as she doesn't like to eat cheese on its own, I usually just melt a quarter of a stick over her pasta, so I suppose it's not too bad.

My gal dislikes cheese. So far gave her baby bel (I think that's the brand name) and when she bites into it she shivers lor.

Tuna, good idea on melting over pasta. Will try that.

Another thing she has no interest is tomato. Any bb here likes tomato?

She has a special liking for fried tau kwa and cod liver oil. She lately doesn't want much porridge so I lightly fry tau kwa and she enjoys it. Next I wanna try making French fries. So far I cook potato in soup/porridge she doesn't quite fancy. Fries has more texture to it so hopefully she will take in.

Last edited:
My gal dislikes cheese. So far gave her baby bel (I think that's the brand name) and when she bites into it she shivers lor.

She has a special liking for fried tau kwa and cod liver oil. She lately doesn't want much porridge so I lightly fry tau kwa and she enjoys it. Next I wanna try making French fries. So far I cook potato in soup/porridge she doesn't quite fancy. Fries has more texture to it so hopefully she will take in.

The BLW mummies normally air fry potatoes. U can just cut into strips then soak in water. Pat dry. Coat with a little olive oil and send into the air fryer at 160 degree. Toss halfway while cooking. Kjr fav!

The BLW mummies normally air fry potatoes. U can just cut into strips then soak in water. Pat dry. Coat with a little olive oil and send into the air fryer at 160 degree. Toss halfway while cooking. Kjr fav!

I've air fryer at home but never used My inlaws use though. So I guess can air fry tau kwa too? Any other food I can air fry for her?

My gal tried tomato couple of days ago and has rashes ... so guess no tomato yet.

@tuna thanks will try pasta with cheese ... I have yet let her try pasta

Cheese for babies should be pasteurized. Quite a few mummies are offering Bega's Stringers (can get from Cold Storage and some NTUCs) comes in wrapped sticks as the sodium level in this is lower. I've given Edaam's as well but I find it's quite salty, however as she doesn't like to eat cheese on its own, I usually just melt a quarter of a stick over her pasta, so I suppose it's not too bad.

What type of pasta u give ?

Brought my gal for mmr injection on Tuesday and now she is having running nose. No link right? Only should have fever after 5 days right?

Brought my gal for mmr injection on Tuesday and now she is having running nose. No link right? Only should have fever after 5 days right?

Should be no link leh, emkjr jab on last Thursday, so far so gd, no fever. *finger cross*

How many times of solid food did u all give to lo?

Recently emkjr go ifc, I pick him up around 6:15pm, bath him and feed him porridge at 6:45pm. Then around 8:45 I wanna feed him milk before sleep and he refuse to drink, lip close tight tight, push away my bottle and he want to sleep. Is it ok for them not to take milk before sleep until next morning ? Or should I stop giving him porridge so he can drink milk before go to bed ?

How many times of solid food did u all give to lo?

Recently emkjr go ifc, I pick him up around 6:15pm, bath him and feed him porridge at 6:45pm. Then around 8:45 I wanna feed him milk before sleep and he refuse to drink, lip close tight tight, push away my bottle and he want to sleep. Is it ok for them not to take milk before sleep until next morning ? Or should I stop giving him porridge so he can drink milk before go to bed ?
Bubbles is 3 solids a day, but she likes her milk still

I read that when bb hits 1 yo, their intake requirements drop drastically. And milk is no longer their main source of nutrition, more like drinking water. Their nutritional needs should come from solids.

Emk Jr can STTN already?

Bubbles is 3 solids a day, but she likes her milk still

I read that when bb hits 1 yo, their intake requirements drop drastically. And milk is no longer their main source of nutrition, more like drinking water. Their nutritional needs should come from solids.

Emk Jr can STTN already?

Ya he sttn since 3 months. Now never drink milk also can sttn leh.. strange!!!

Mine also doesn't drink much...already very little around 150...now 100
Eat 10 mins want to stand on high chair...stressed !

All our bb going on birthday food strike???? Mine today lunch and dinner keep dawdling and throw throw throw, only want nehneh and latch me till flat, then bite me.

And she also BFF with kjr, every 2 hrly wake up, and that's just the after Midnight routine, bedtime to midnight is hrly okay

Wah every 1hrly/2hrly... not easy.. been through that when my lo was quite sick. Take care mummies.

Although she technically takes 3 solids a day, she mainly still relies on milk especially she takes in little solid in first place. She has been on a long MC...3 days ago PD says don't need to go back for review already. Yup, till today, she still has little cough and wheezing and runny nose. Just need to finish her medicine and boosters and hope all those nasty bugs will be gone. But then, the rest of us (hubby, fil, mil, sil and myself who are all staying together) are also sick now :(

We should be pulling her out from IFC for good. She hasn't gone back for a long time (we have been paying the school fees but being absent -_-). Just need to make sure the caretaker is ready to babysit her for a longer term. At least till 18mo. Then we'll put her into playgroup.

I know we can't avoid baby falling sick. But she being so little and sick so long has taken a toll on her.

Lately new introduction of food and she likes them a lot are : oatmeal with raisins. And also corn flakes, crispy dry and not when soaked in her milk. What's your new discovery for your lo? Maybe can give ideas what to introduce to our lo next.

For baby with cough/phlegm who needs to poo poo (she hasn't poo for 2 days), what should I feed her? Or what should I avoid? I've been avoiding most fruits for sometime because mil says most of them will aggrevate her condition.

Is prune juice ok?

Last edited:
Lately new introduction of food and she likes them a lot are : oatmeal with raisins. And also corn flakes, crispy dry and not when soaked in her milk. What's your new discovery for your lo? Maybe can give ideas what to introduce to our lo next.

For baby with cough/phlegm who needs to poo poo (she hasn't poo for 2 days), what should I feed her? Or what should I avoid? I've been avoiding most fruits for sometime because mil says most of them will aggrevate her condition.

Is prune juice ok?

I got no restriction for kjr. BLW suggests P fruits for baby to Pang Sai. Plum, prunes etc.

For kjr, she Pang sai whenever I give her mango hahahaha.

And recently, I ordered kjr lotus root soup with peanut. She seems to like it and even ate lotus roots. I need more tries to confirm this.

Aiyo really having hard time to feed him milk, he saw the milk bottle the lip close tight tight, must struggle n put the teat into his mouth then he drink like 90ml and died died also don't want to drink Liao.. i touch his stomach still very soft leh .... sigh very stressed. Why ah ??

@redvel good to pull her out from ifc, not that I wanna scare u lah, a friend of mine last week just warn me not to let our child being sick for too long. His son always fall sick and hospitalize for few times, he told me that doctor said his son immune system have been fighting again the virus for too long and now his immune system is attack his own system. Now he got this ITP, and hospitalize for observation. Poor thing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_thrombocytopenic_purpura

What type of yogurt u all give to baby ? Got to find alternative way to get him some calcium since he reject milk

I finally found a yoghurt that my gal will take. The rest can't work because sourish; she doesn't like. It's the Farmers Union in Vanilla Bean.

Same as snowfern. Sometimes I blend with fruits and make into popsicle too.

Popsicle hmm Can they take cold stuff? Will get coughing or not ?

So far I try blend with gold kiwi or Apple, he love it haha

Hahaha ya la don't know so young can eat ice cream or not, scare will LS lah Haha which brand ice cream u give ?

Don't first time give him one whole pint. Haa. Just try abit abit for a start. I gave her Haagen Dazs Vanilla. No adverse reaction.

Talking about adverse reaction. She has now passed the egg test. Few months back she got rashes from egg white. Now she's given a whole egg for breakfast (plus bread or oatmeal).

Someone told me cannot give half boiled until certain age. But I give her half boiled and she loves it and most importantly eat already bo dai ji.

Hahaha ya la don't know so young can eat ice cream or not, scare will LS lah Haha which brand ice cream u give ?

My hub fed Ian magnum ice-cream before. Just the vanilla ice-cream inside though. He enjoys and sometimes will ask when his uncle is eating. I think he likes the feeling of cold cold on his mouth. :p

Thanks, i got myself popsicle, but don't really know what recipe to use.

A pretty popular recipe for Fruitsicle is avocado and pear. For yoghurt, I just put the yoghurt in with cubes of fruit, like banana, mango. Etc.

How's all mummies?

Need help on car seat recommendations. My gal seems to have outgrown the current one. I want something more upright, rear facing still.

Which are you using and why you think it's quite good? Thanks.

Back