Any comments on Maple Bear Preschool?

Sonique2001

Hi Mummies,

I am searching for a preschool for my child. Keen to hear comments on this school if you have kids there or heard about reviews on them.

Thanks!

Hi Mummies,

I am searching for a preschool for my child. Keen to hear comments on this school if you have kids there or heard about reviews on them.

Thanks!

Hi Mummy, I have friends who have enrolled their kids in Maple Bear since last year and have heard pretty good reviews about the teachers, environment and curriculum. I visited the Midview City Upp Thomson branch nearest to my place earlier this year and have put my kids on the waitlist as their 18-month and 3-year old classes are already filled. :( I really like that it's clean and gets ample amounts of sunlight though it's indoors. My children were very attracted to the colourful environment and large play spaces too. The principal showed us around and she speaks with such passion and liveliness about early education and caring for the children's development. I had a chance to chat with a parent who was waiting to pick her child up, and she said that several of the principals and teachers from the various Maple Bear branches were previously from other well-established preschools in Singapore. Do share your experience if you have enrolled your child in Maple Bear since or you have heard other reviews. :)

Hi Mummy, I have friends who have enrolled their kids in Maple Bear since last year and have heard pretty good reviews about the teachers, environment and curriculum. I visited the Midview City Upp Thomson branch nearest to my place earlier this year and have put my kids on the waitlist as their 18-month and 3-year old classes are already filled. :( I really like that it's clean and gets ample amounts of sunlight though it's indoors. My children were very attracted to the colourful environment and large play spaces too. The principal showed us around and she speaks with such passion and liveliness about early education and caring for the children's development. I had a chance to chat with a parent who was waiting to pick her child up, and she said that several of the principals and teachers from the various Maple Bear branches were previously from other well-established preschools in Singapore. Do share your experience if you have enrolled your child in Maple Bear since or you have heard other reviews. :)

Hi Childlikewonder,

When did you visit them this year? I enrolled my daughter for the 18 month playgroup as they told me that was the last slot left, that was in early Feb. However, I have a neighbor who recently went there, and was told that there is 1 slot as there was a withdrawal, maybe you can call and checked with them again. Yes, I will share about Maplebear when she starts school towards end of this year for sure.

Hi Mummies,

Can anyone please share their thoughts and review on Maple Bear @ Orchard please? We are thinking of enrolling our little one there for their infant care program.

Within our consideration as well is Pat's Schooldhouse at Prinsep and Kiddiwinkie at The Grandstand, could you also please share your thoughts for these two, especially when compared with Maple Bear? I am visiting them tomorrow

Thank you.

Hi Mummies,

Can anyone please share their thoughts and review on Maple Bear @ Orchard please? We are thinking of enrolling our little one there for their infant care program.

Within our consideration as well is Pat's Schooldhouse at Prinsep and Kiddiwinkie at The Grandstand, could you also please share your thoughts for these two, especially when compared with Maple Bear? I am visiting them tomorrow

Thank you.

Hi Craime can you share which school you chose in the end? And why? Thanks

Hello,

we ended up with Learning Vision as a spot came up at the last minute and it is the nearest to our workplace :)

prior to that, we almost chose Pat's Schoolhouse at Prinsep St as it was the nearest option - having said that I left the place feeling that they are quite economics-driven...

Hello ,

I have heard different about Maple Bear, a cousins son had enrolled himself, and honestly I was surprised to see that in spite of them promising a good curriculum , the child was struggling in phonics or rhymes etc. Overall , they dont seem to respond during these times, its a whole new different feeling when you go to enroll your child, the feeling quickly fades away over the first few months. I would certainly advise that you see alternatives.

Hi Mummies,

Thank you.

Hello ,

I have heard different about Maple Bear, a cousins son had enrolled himself, and honestly I was surprised to see that in spite of them promising a good curriculum , the child was struggling in phonics or rhymes etc. Overall , they dont seem to respond during these times, its a whole new different feeling when you go to enroll your child, the feeling quickly fades away over the first few months. I would certainly advise that you see alternatives.

Hi Mummies,

Thank you.

Hi,

I really wouldn't recommend Maple Bear, Its not quite up to the mark. There are others also which you can try apart from the ones which you have mentioned.

Hello ,

Hi Teresa, is it your own child or a cousin's son who is currently in Maple Bear?

I am seriously considering Maple Bear as hubby and I really liked it after visiting many schools, so was searching for reviews and chanced upon both your posts here and another thread which you mentioned your son is in the school.

How old is your cousin's son/your son? And could you share more about what you mean by them not responding during these times. Is there a communication book of sorts or can we call/msg the school about our child once we are enrolled if we are not able to personally drop them off or pick them up?

Thanks!

We've been sending our child to infant care at maplebear experiential at grandstand for several months now and we are so glad we did. We were apprehensive at first as we didn't know anyone who had sent their kid there but we had a good experience during our visit there, and they could provide us the option of starting part time before transiting to full time so we went for it. The teachers there take really good care of our little one and they've got a very low teacher student ratio - they provide us with detailed info everyday regarding our kid. It's a very loving and non commercial environment, with passionate and caring teachers. As first time parents we were so super nervous sending our child to infant care coz we didn't know what to expect but now we are really happy with the school :)

Also, just to add that maplebear seems to operate on a franchise model within Singapore so I imagine there's quite a bit of variance between the schools.

My girl is with maplebear for 6 mths now, I would say she really enjoys going to school everyday, but like any other preschools, there will be some positive reviews and some negative reviews, so it really depends on what are ur expectations, how do you feel about the environment and most importantly the school management team. I know finding good Teachers are really important but if a management is lousy, good Teachers will not stay long:) I withdrew my girl out previously from another preschool and I finally registered her with maplebear after viewing 15 schools located at various part of spore :) hahha!

Curriculum at maplebear are mainly learn through play which I very much prefer compared to drilling them with ABC 123 or rote learning from some textbooks or worksheets... food menu are also pretty nutritious and not the traditional noodles rice porridge served by other Preschools.. communications are timely and Teachers spend time to talk to the parents during fetching, I usually don't have a lot of time to communicate with them face to face, it's either I'm rushing or my Husband is rushing to meet clients mornings and evenings, so it's mainly Juz drop and go or pick and go..but the Teachers / principal will actually communicate with me either by calling me or SMS me to ask if i have any concerns regarding my girl etc etc.. Teachers there are also very lively and energetic, very creative when comes to art and crafts too! Ive also managed to speak to Mrs Patricia Koh once and find her very humble and down to earth with no airs in her. So far I'm still very pleased with my choice till to date.. hope the above genuine review helps :)

Last edited:
i am considering sending my boy to Maple Bare at bukit batok in coming June (Ethan will be 18mths at June). Any experience from any muumy? i haven't visited yet so please share with me any good or bad experiences of maple bear at bukit batok. :)

I really like that Maple Bear is spacious and clean. Visited the one at Hillview. Anyone send your LO to Hillview branch?

i visited maple bear (bukit batok) and i like the place because it quite spacious and clean. in the end, i registered under bukit batok branch. the most i like it their ratio. For toddler ratio is 1:4 and i never found in other child care centers. If you register before 31st December then you can get 50% discount for one year. i paid 1630 for one month deposit + register fee.

i visited maple bear (bukit batok) and i like the place because it quite spacious and clean. in the end, i registered under bukit batok branch. the most i like it their ratio. For toddler ratio is 1:4 and i never found in other child care centers. If you register before 31st December then you can get 50% discount for one year. i paid 1630 for one month deposit + register fee.

Hi, thanks for sharing. you mean 50% off the monthly sch fees for one whole year...? is that only for bukit Batok branch?

My girl is with maplebear for 6 mths now, I would say she really enjoys going to school everyday, but like any other preschools, there will be some positive reviews and some negative reviews, so it really depends on what are ur expectations, how do you feel about the environment and most importantly the school management team. I know finding good Teachers are really important but if a management is lousy, good Teachers will not stay long:) I withdrew my girl out previously from another preschool and I finally registered her with maplebear after viewing 15 schools located at various part of spore :) hahha!

Curriculum at maplebear are mainly learn through play which I very much prefer compared to drilling them with ABC 123 or rote learning from some textbooks or worksheets... food menu are also pretty nutritious and not the traditional noodles rice porridge served by other Preschools.. communications are timely and Teachers spend time to talk to the parents during fetching, I usually don't have a lot of time to communicate with them face to face, it's either I'm rushing or my Husband is rushing to meet clients mornings and evenings, so it's mainly Juz drop and go or pick and go..but the Teachers / principal will actually communicate with me either by calling me or SMS me to ask if i have any concerns regarding my girl etc etc.. Teachers there are also very lively and energetic, very creative when comes to art and crafts too! Ive also managed to speak to Mrs Patricia Koh once and find her very humble and down to earth with no airs in her. So far I'm still very pleased with my choice till to date.. hope the above genuine review helps :)

Hi may i know which maple bear branch is your LO at? I am considering between Hillview, grandstand and bukit Batok

that one i am not very sure whether it will apply to all branches or not :) i registered for June

I just called them, they say no such promotion of 50% and NEVER HAD SUCH promo... but they give 15% off until child graduate if I register by year end. I don't know if I can trust them..... :eek:

I just called them, they say no such promotion of 50% and NEVER HAD SUCH promo... but they give 15% off until child graduate if I register by year end. I don't know if I can trust them..... :eek:
:oops: then may be i remembered wrongly. i will check and let you know again.... so how about u? decided already or not yet? now my boy is turning to be 13mnths and i will put him at 18mnths onwards

Hi may i know which maple bear branch is your LO at? I am considering between Hillview, grandstand and bukit Batok
Hi mummy, my LO is at Havelock branch.. i have friends and relatives at various diff branches in Spore, so far all have positive reviews.. i know they are fast and furious in opening their branches, if i'm not wrong, they have like 18 now... hopefully overall standards remains...

I have registered my boy with Maplebear last year and will start him in Mar with CT hub branch (newly opened in sep 2016)
Seen the place and like it as it has low student ratio since its new. I also like that they are allowing parents to sit in the class for 1st 3 days to observe our little ones

Hi All, sorry to ask on other preschool. I went to Mindchamps and is very impressed with the cleanliness and spacious environment. So far any review on this MindChamps at the grandstand? Thinking of sending my boy there.

MindChamp at Liang Court is very good. I changed my kid from Kiddiwinkie Turf City to Mindchamp last year. The Japanese teacher in Kiddiwinkie look down on Chinese parent. MindChamp at Liang court is very clean and the teaching staffs there are very caring...

Liang Court is too far from where I stay. Anyone can give comment on Mindchamps Grandstand, especially on the teachers?

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone reg their child in bukit batok maplebear? I was wondering if the teachers are mostly teaching them in mandarin? Be it music, the way the teacher commuicate is also in mandarin. Saw only 2-3 english teacher but all i see was just barely 2 lessons the child have with the english teacher.

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone reg their child in bukit batok maplebear? I was wondering if the teachers are mostly teaching them in mandarin? Be it music, the way the teacher commuicate is also in mandarin. Saw only 2-3 english teacher but all i see was just barely 2 lessons the child have with the english teacher.

Hi,
Oh is it? By the way is your child is currently in the class? My son will be starting this June onwards in Toddler group. Now i start worry about the language regarding your mentioned. Because I want my son to be fluent in English that why i chosen Maple Bear.
Any mummies please reply..... Thanks you.

Saw on their website they provide infant care. I am looking at the one at alexandra which is near to my office. Appreciate any reviews regarding their infant care.

TIA

Maplebear is a franchise. When i compare with friends at other branches, there are differences. ☹

I have registered my boy with Maplebear last year and will start him in Mar with CT hub branch (newly opened in sep 2016)
Seen the place and like it as it has low student ratio since its new. I also like that they are allowing parents to sit in the class for 1st 3 days to observe our little ones

Hi I am planning to enroll my son in CT hub branch this July. Would like your feedback on the branch ..

Hi I am planning to enroll my son in CT hub branch this July. Would like your feedback on the branch ..
Space wise.. it's big which is what I like. Teachers-students Ratio is low. Weather proof if u are driving. Food wise, they have own kitchen and food served seems healthy.

However, I am still skeptical of the teacher quality as they are quite young. Already have few issues with them over my child's incident with other kids as I find them not too experience in handling situation. Been giving feedbacks and constantly communicating with teachers and principal. I hope They are learning too thru experiences but hopefully not at the cost of my child's safety. Another thing, school has no cctv which I find it neccessary esp when things happen, we can only rely on teachers word if your little one cant talk yet

Btw, which class u looking at? For toddler?

Last edited:
Space wise.. it's big which is what I like. Teachers-students Ratio is low. Weather proof if u are driving. Food wise, they have own kitchen and food served seems healthy.

However, I am still skeptical of the teacher quality as they are quite young. Already have few issues with them over my child's incident with other kids as I find them not too experience in handling situation. Been giving feedbacks and constantly communicating with teachers and principal. I hope They are learning too thru experiences but hopefully not at the cost of my child's safety. Another thing, school has no cctv which I find it neccessary esp when things happen, we can only rely on teachers word if your little one cant talk yet

My thought was the same as yours regarding the teachers. Other than that i like the space and the play area.. and the restrooms and bath area are very clean and well maintained.. my son would be under toddler group..

Otherwise how is your child's learning experience in the school?? I have not yet registered with them..

My thought was the same as yours regarding the teachers. Other than that i like the space and the play area.. and the restrooms and bath area are very clean and well maintained.. my son would be under toddler group..

Otherwise how is your child's learning experience in the school?? I have not yet registered with them..
He used to hate music and singing. Now he wld hum and sing at home. Other than bumping here n there in school, he seems happy in the school. Importantly its the exposure we want them to have.
If your child is in toddler grp, it wld be another new class which they just opened up. Number of children should be around 5 and below I last heard

He used to hate music and singing. Now he wld hum and sing at home. Other than bumping here n there in school, he seems happy in the school. Importantly its the exposure we want them to have.
If your child is in toddler grp, it wld be another new class which they just opened up. Number of children should be around 5 and below I last heard

Yes.. seems like the teacher ratio is 1:6.. though they have 12 kids in the other toddler group there are 2 teachers plus assistant teacher who helps them.. And thanks ultimately what i need to know is whether the kid is happy at school or not.. s your son full day??

Yes.. seems like the teacher ratio is 1:6.. though they have 12 kids in the other toddler group there are 2 teachers plus assistant teacher who helps them.. And thanks ultimately what i need to know is whether the kid is happy at school or not.. s your son full day??
Yes full day.

Hi Jay88, did you enrol your child to CT hub yet?

Hi lynx-sea, you will continue with Maple bear or looking for other childcare?

I'm still searching for cc or preschool for my toddler.

Hi Jay88, did you enrol your child to CT hub yet?
Nope.. Dint enroll him there.. i thought i will wait for him to turn 3.. so for play group i have enrolled him near my house so that it would be easy for him to get used to school atmosphere..

I’m driving so D9,10,11,12,13,14 or farther abit ok. Where did you enrol your child?
As of now in Amarkidz@macpherson.. under JOE amazana building.. Next to Siemens.. They had some promotions too going on..u have a 50%off on the fees..they are member of singapore child care.. I really liked the way they engage the children.. Less numbers only but they do a lot of activities.. my som was very happy when i went there.. hope he enjoys his school..
Things i liked are- It was very spacious similar to maple bear.. The playground is indoor one and has those soft bedded flooring so that they do t get hurt.. They teach balley on wednesdays for an hr which is your choice. The second floor is also owned by them and they have a water play area which they take the kids once a week. The washrooms are well maintained and clean.. Less children.. there are 2 chinese teachers and 2 english teachers.. Food menu what i heard abt the other centers is they are healthy menus.. moreoevr they have a parent activities every friday.. so if u want to do something with the kids , teach them anything you can volunteer.. and they keep in touch theough watsapp.. u can visit the facebook page.. My intention to put my kid was its just backside of my house and its a one year old center so they should be good..i thought i vl give a try so that it will be easy for the kid to get used to it

As of now in Amarkidz@macpherson.. under JOE amazana building.. Next to Siemens.. They had some promotions too going on..u have a 50%off on the fees..they are member of singapore child care.. I really liked the way they engage the children.. Less numbers only but they do a lot of activities.. my som was very happy when i went there.. hope he enjoys his school..
Things i liked are- It was very spacious similar to maple bear.. The playground is indoor one and has those soft bedded flooring so that they do t get hurt.. They teach balley on wednesdays for an hr which is your choice. The second floor is also owned by them and they have a water play area which they take the kids once a week. The washrooms are well maintained and clean.. Less children.. there are 2 chinese teachers and 2 english teachers.. Food menu what i heard abt the other centers is they are healthy menus.. moreoevr they have a parent activities every friday.. so if u want to do something with the kids , teach them anything you can volunteer.. and they keep in touch theough watsapp.. u can visit the facebook page.. My intention to put my kid was its just backside of my house and its a one year old center so they should be good..i thought i vl give a try so that it will be easy for the kid to get used to it

Thanks Jay88. I will call the school.
I have went to Maple bear Near Tai Seng. The building was so small and the cc seems not enuf teachers.Cleaner was moping while children were having lunch! A parent told me her toddler (half day care) was crying for 3 weeks already!
I drove to Maple bear tpy didn’t go in cc but don’t like the area as is inside the industrial park.
As for CT hub, since it has no cctv and Maple bear was francise with all difference owner. I think better to give a miss.

I have went to Maple bear Near Tai Seng. The building was so small and the cc seems not enuf teachers.Cleaner was moping while children were having lunch! A parent told me her toddler (half day care) was crying for 3 weeks already!
I drove to Maple bear tpy didn’t go in cc but don’t like the area as is inside the industrial park.
As for CT hub, since it has no cctv and Maple bear was francise with all difference owner. I think better to give a miss.
I was also concerned about the cctv.. And also when my husband went for a visit he was not satisfied with the principal as she couldnt answer properly to his questions.. ( i mean she was not able to understand wat we were asking) as u said it is franchise.. dont know how each center is..!

Hi where did u join ur kid?? Pls dnt consider Amarkidz.. Teachers keep changing..!

Hello all..if you looking near Tai Seng, you can consider this childcare centre called Out Future Prodigies. The school is run by an independent operator and the principal is very good. Let me know if you need more details:)

Back