November 2017 Mummies

My EDD is 20/11, my gynae is from TMC, I dunno i shd deliver in TMC or Mt A...Btw, do we hv a group chat???

For those mummies already well into their 2nd trimester, have you experienced taking the mrt and people giving up their seats for you?

I haven't been given seats yet but I'm also shy to confront someone seating in the pwd/preggo/elderly seat. But what's so annoying what happened last week when someone actually "signalled me" to stand up from the pwd seat. Not everyone takes the pwd seat for no reason. I hope that people should check our tummies first or ask if we're pregnant or sick (I dont mind). It is very rude to tap someone seating, not saying anything, and just point a finger to another pregnant passenger standing.

Haha, I been asked by an auntie to gv my seat to another pregnant lady when I m also pregnant, just my tummy smaller than hers~ I just told the auntie that i m also pregnant but i dun mind gving my seat to that lady since her tummy really big leh...

Hi ladies, is it safe to eat those sliced cheddar cheese for sandwiches?

I bought the President's sliced cheddar cheese for sandwiches but could not find the word "pasteurised", only "processed".

president-sandwich-cheddar-cheese-slices-52912

Hi, just to share the Great Bundle of Joy promotion by Great Eastern Life.

Specially for babies born between 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017, parents can register to receive a complimentary year-long Mothercare VIP membership (valued at S$300).

You will also receive Mothercare shopping vouchers for all your baby needs with selected plans.

For registration and details, please refer to the link below. Thanks and all the best for your delivery!

http://gelife.co/ge1155185

For those mummies already well into their 2nd trimester, have you experienced taking the mrt and people giving up their seats for you?

I haven't been given seats yet but I'm also shy to confront someone seating in the pwd/preggo/elderly seat. But what's so annoying what happened last week when someone actually "signalled me" to stand up from the pwd seat. Not everyone takes the pwd seat for no reason. I hope that people should check our tummies first or ask if we're pregnant or sick (I dont mind). It is very rude to tap someone seating, not saying anything, and just point a finger to another pregnant passenger standing.
I'm in my 24 weeks currently and not much people will give up the seats. Probably because its peak hours and very troublesome and no sufficient space to move around also. I think if really need then have to confront someone for seat if not just stand ba...

I would like to recommend Auntie Susie for her confinement nanny service. She is experienced, responsible, hygienic, and caring nanny.
She cooks well and the food is really delicious. The vege that she cooks has nice green color and my confinement food has wide variety. She is responsible and will wake up to feed the baby. She works well with my family members too. My girl was having flu, she helped me to look after my girl and the baby. I was so fortunate to have her. She is highly recommended. You may contact me for more information or you can contact her at +6012 6489 568

Anyone facing similar issue.
My wife is in 24w6d today. For the past 2 weeks, she has constipation. And offen have problem passing motion. Blood were observed as well.

Read online, seems to be normal.

My wife is in 24w6d today. For the past 2 weeks, she has constipation. And offen have problem passing motion. Blood were observed as well.

Hi brainy smurf, it's a common side effect of pregnancy. I managed to resolve the issue by eating brown rice (contains more fibre than white rice), lotsa vegetables (try buying organic ones to minimise exposure to pesticide) and sugar-free greek yogurt (the brand is farmers' union if I'm not wrong).

Iron supplements will also cause constipation. Now I eat a lot of organic spinach instead.

Is common for preg lady to have constipation. Drink milk n eat those small banana or yoghurt or water or prune juice lor. Then alternate day take the multi vitamin coz is heaty n some mummies have constipation due to that reason also

Thought might be too cold or "cooling" for pregnant mums?

Already pass first trimester liao. Just eat moderate will do. Preg women body itself is heaty n towards the 3rd trimester just weeks before the EDD ur wife need to take coconut water in order for the bb that come out wont get so heaty if not they will have eye shit which will lead to infection due to heaty. Drinking coconut water is not to let the bb come out cleaner is to let the bb not be so heaty.

I've been eating watermelon and cold yoghurt too. I've even asked my gynae about eating pineapples and he says that if taken in small quantities, especially after the 1st trimester, it's ok. Unless your body is the 'liang' or 'cooling' type then avoid.

Today my wife is 26w1d. She start having fast heart beat, and feeling nausea. All this happened after dinner when she was resting on the sofa.

Is this serious? My next gynae appt is 1St week Sept. I am thinking of bringing her to kkh og24.

Today my wife is 26w1d. She start having fast heart beat, and feeling nausea. All this happened after dinner when she was resting on the sofa.

Is this serious? My next gynae appt is 1St week Sept. I am thinking of bringing her to kkh og24.

Heartburn is it. Maybe due to the food ur wife took lor. Normal to feel nausea towards last trimester de. Can even puke at last trimester.

Hi all,

My EDD is 23 Nov 17..

Wanna ask if you ladies experience terrible rib cage pain. Under breast area and happens on 1 side..

Any thing i can help to reduce pain?

Hello again. I'm keen in joining the grp chat too pls add me in thank you +1 520 599 5900 I'm in the US for the moment . Need to hv update from Singapore :)

Hello again. I'm keen in joining the grp chat too pls add me in thank you +1 520 599 5900 I'm in the US for the moment . Need to hv update from Singapore :)

Do u have sgp no instead? Need to msg u for the link. The link i send to u via here wont works

Hi mummies, anyone here with gestational diabetes and have the log sheet where you record your reading? I need the template and also the average reading no for me to record as I lost my log sheet and I have to see the dietitian next week =(

Hi mummies, anyone here with gestational diabetes and have the log sheet where you record your reading? I need the template and also the average reading no for me to record as I lost my log sheet and I have to see the dietitian next week =(

Before breakfast prick ur finger n see hw much the reading is n i think cannt more than 5. Then after ur breakfast prick again n record down. Cannt be more than 8 i think. Do the same for lunch, teabreak n dinner n supper. But thats what i can remember for my no 1 time. But mine is kkh guideline im not sure abt private clinic de

Before breakfast prick ur finger n see hw much the reading is n i think cannt more than 5. Then after ur breakfast prick again n record down. Cannt be more than 8 i think. Do the same for lunch, teabreak n dinner n supper. But thats what i can remember for my no 1 time. But mine is kkh guideline im not sure abt private clinic de
thank you mummy

This is from the 7th month check. 3x blood tests results right?

Dear mummies, FTM here, due mid-Nov.
I just returned from the US. The last visit I did with my US gynae was at Week 24 and we did a 3d scan. Everything was good, baby healthy. My hubby and I flew back to SG for good. We found a SG gynae and saw her at week 25. Doc was fine and ok at first visit, but at 2nd visit on week 30 (last week), she became rushed, nasty, and pressured me (I felt, using scare tactics) to delivering at her preferred hospital. I asked to deliver at a nearby hosp of my preference. Her nurse had confirmed that she can deliver there, so I don't get why she resists my preference. Am thinking of changing gynae.

I also asked for the clinic for my past 2 visits patient medical records, but the nurse said doc say she doesn't release now (only at end of pregnancy), and if I want them, I should ask her directly at my next visit. I only have a copy of my GD test results (mild case of GD which I'm monitoring safely).

Frankly I'm pretty annoyed. is this normal in SG? As a patient in the US, I have access to my own medical records and test results via online login. And I can easily request for release of my records without any resistance from the clinic/doc. just sign a form.

Since baby is healthy, I can just move to another gynae right? It shouldn't be too late? any advice?

Dear mummies, FTM here, due mid-Nov.
I just returned from the US. The last visit I did with my US gynae was at Week 24 and we did a 3d scan. Everything was good, baby healthy. My hubby and I flew back to SG for good. We found a SG gynae and saw her at week 25. Doc was fine and ok at first visit, but at 2nd visit on week 30 (last week), she became rushed, nasty, and pressured me (I felt, using scare tactics) to delivering at her preferred hospital. I asked to deliver at a nearby hosp of my preference. Her nurse had confirmed that she can deliver there, so I don't get why she resists my preference. Am thinking of changing gynae.

I also asked for the clinic for my past 2 visits patient medical records, but the nurse said doc say she doesn't release now (only at end of pregnancy), and if I want them, I should ask her directly at my next visit. I only have a copy of my GD test results (mild case of GD which I'm monitoring safely).

Frankly I'm pretty annoyed. is this normal in SG? As a patient in the US, I have access to my own medical records and test results via online login. And I can easily request for release of my records without any resistance from the clinic/doc. just sign a form.

Since baby is healthy, I can just move to another gynae right? It shouldn't be too late? any advice?

Some gynae can take u in while some will not. Over in sgp here i doubt u can access ur result via online unless u goes to govt hospital n yes u can see the lab result when u download this healthapp. Otherwise u just need to get hard copy frm the gynae that u went.

BTW, what to pack in the bag for delivery?

Hospital Bag Checklist!
Here’s a list of things to include in your labour bag:

1. Documents such as prenatal record book

2. Relaxation items or person like husband J

3. HP/Camera & charger

4. Socks and sweater to keep you warm

5. Snacks

Here’s a list of things you need in your postpartum bag:

For you and your husband:

1. Nursing bra, breast pads

2. Disposable underwear, Sanitary napkins or maternity pads

3. Slippers

4. Toiletries such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, cleanser, etc for daily hygiene

5. Towel to use after shower.

6. Hairbrush, Toothbrush and other accessories

7. Cardigan, Personal nightgowns (easier breast feeding) and Going-home attire

8. Polythene bags (for your soiled clothes)

9. Change of clothes for your husband

For baby

1. Receiving blankets/Swaddle to wrap around your baby to keep him or her warm.

2. Baby clothes such as shirts, pajamas, mittens, bib, cap, socks or booties. Make sure you bring enough for the number of days of your stay in the hospital.

3. Baby wipes

4. bean sprout pillow.

5. nursing pillow - comfortable nursing after childbirth

Hospital Bag Checklist!
Here’s a list of things to include in your labour bag:

1. Documents such as prenatal record book

2. Relaxation items or person like husband J

3. HP/Camera & charger

4. Socks and sweater to keep you warm

5. Snacks

Here’s a list of things you need in your postpartum bag:

For you and your husband:

1. Nursing bra, breast pads

2. Disposable underwear, Sanitary napkins or maternity pads

3. Slippers

4. Toiletries such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, cleanser, etc for daily hygiene

5. Towel to use after shower.

6. Hairbrush, Toothbrush and other accessories

7. Cardigan, Personal nightgowns (easier breast feeding) and Going-home attire

8. Polythene bags (for your soiled clothes)

9. Change of clothes for your husband

For baby

1. Receiving blankets/Swaddle to wrap around your baby to keep him or her warm.

2. Baby clothes such as shirts, pajamas, mittens, bib, cap, socks or booties. Make sure you bring enough for the number of days of your stay in the hospital.

3. Baby wipes

4. bean sprout pillow.

5. nursing pillow - comfortable nursing after childbirth
More items than the army field pack. Hahahah
Thanks for sharing.

Back