March 2018 Mummies

Hi & welcome Vivianne and Wywy2018!
Congrats! See my gynae on Wednesday can't wait...
Hope all goes well for you Wywy2018!

Vivianne- As for changing profile name not sure. Try editing your profile or setting.

Hi all mummies, nice to meet everyone here.

I am currently 6+ weeks, going for first appt next week, hope to hear baby's heartbeat. This gynae was recommended by my hubby's family dr, so hopefully it's okay. Feel quite lost about choosing gynae / hospital and all that but don't want to ask my friends/family as I haven't revealed the pregnancy to them yet.

Totally empathise with those who are having MS. Been feeling nauseous and no appetite the last week, eating my meals super slowly to help the food stay down. Really can't tahan at work though as I get so tired and need an afternoon nap.

I read that it's good to start sleeping on the side, but I feel backache when I try. Any suggestions?

Hi there!
I guess different gynae adopts different styles. The first one I visited prescribed folic acid only. The second one I visited prescribed folic acid, DHA pills, prenantal multivitamins and calcium pills. Perhaps u can try asking your gynae if u require other prenatal supplements if u don't feel comfortable with just taking folic acid?

Yes, I'm having my 3rd apt on this coming tues. I'll ask her but I feel she will just tell me to just eat more vege, fruits and milk.

Hi Stargirl2015,

I'm seeing Dr Suresh Nair from Mt Elizabeth Novena. Haven't asked them about the delivery fee and I know his clinic doesn't offer maternity package. His first consultation is $150 and subsequent is $100.

Went for my first consult but can't detect bb's heartbeat even though I'm 6 weeks 6 days on Monday. Praying that for the next scan will be able to detect bb's heartbeat.

yup, hang in there. I Understand too cos I'm also patiently waiting for my scan for baby's heartbeat. I googled and some pages said week7-8. We will pray for all to be good.

I have been taking multi vitamins before pregnancy and currently in my first trims and I am still taking it. For first trim usually gynae will give only folic acid due to multi vitamin is too big too swallow and only necessary from. Second trimester onwards.
Ok good to know I'm not the only one just taking folic acid. She didn't even mention any vitamin to me. Hahaha.

Hi Stargirl2015,

I'm seeing Dr Suresh Nair from Mt Elizabeth Novena. Haven't asked them about the delivery fee and I know his clinic doesn't offer maternity package. His first consultation is $150 and subsequent is $100.

Went for my first consult but can't detect bb's heartbeat even though I'm 6 weeks 6 days on Monday. Praying that for the next scan will be able to detect bb's heartbeat.
Hi Jazzmom ,
Mine also first visit cannot detect heart beat. Second visit can. Lets hope for the best.

Hello ladies! I jus tested positive. Still in shock cos we didnt plan this pregnancy. But i still think it's a blessing and i can only hope bb is healthy cos i didnt take folic n was stil doing all the exercises and even had a fall few days bk. Will arrange to c gynae prob ard 7 wks cos i rem if too early cant c anythg also.

Talking abt MS. I have a severe phobia. My #1 lasted throughout entire 9 mths while #2 lasted 16 weeks. Think about it also scared. Morning sickness is an understatement. It can occur anytime of the day and multiple times a day:(

Talking abt MS. I have a severe phobia. My #1 lasted throughout entire 9 mths while #2 lasted 16 weeks. Think about it also scared. Morning sickness is an understatement. It can occur anytime of the day and multiple times a day:(
I'm having it everyday whole day. Cannot eat and cannot puke. Really hating this stage.

Hi ladies, can someone add me to the FB group if there is any?
[email protected]

BTW, what is the dosage of folic acid we should take? i saw mostly are in 5mg over the counter. Is this ok?

My multivitamin folic acid is 800mcg (0.8mg) but since i have bad nausea/morning sickeness. She told me don't take the Multivitamin. Im just taking 5mg folic acid daily until my MS is over.

Hi ladies,

I went for my 2nd scan today but my gynae can't detect baby's heartbeat at 8 weeks. He asked me to go back the following week for another scan. I read from internet that the heartbeat can be detected as early as from 6 to 10 weeks. I'm kind of worry as this is my first and I'm in the 'high risk' category due to age. Should I seek a second opinion?

By the way, my gynae gave me Augmentin antibiotic. Is anyone being prescribe that as my partner thinks that I shouldn't take the antibiotic now.

Hi ladies,

I went for my 2nd scan today but my gynae can't detect baby's heartbeat at 8 weeks. He asked me to go back the following week for another scan. I read from internet that the heartbeat can be detected as early as from 6 to 10 weeks. I'm kind of worry as this is my first and I'm in the 'high risk' category due to age. Should I seek a second opinion?

By the way, my gynae gave me Augmentin antibiotic. Is anyone being prescribe that as my partner thinks that I shouldn't take the antibiotic now.
Hi Jazzmom, augmentin is generally a mild antibiotics cos thats wat drs wil prescribe to toddlers but what is thd reason for asking u to take antiobiotics? R u having sm kind of infection that needs antibiotics to clear? If no i wld avoid.

Praying hard u wld see bb heartbeat next week. But if it were i prob cant zzx well for this coming wk so i might actually seek a second opinion just for peace of mind. Hugs. Pls take care!

Hi ladies,

Hi jazzmom,

i've had this happen to me for 2 pregnancies at 8 and 9 weeks respectively where the scan showed there's no heartbeat and i'm very sorry to say this but both ended up as missed miscarriages. I had a d&c done for both.

Did your gynae tell you why augmentin was given? If you're unsure you can call back to ask. Also, i think the gynae is being very cautious (which is a good thing) by asking you to go back for a scan next week as he's probably waiting to see if there's any further growth of the fetus.

When i had my miscarriage in March the gynae told me on the same day as the scan itself to book the D&C date straightaway because the ultrasound showed clearly that there was no heartbeat or blood flow in the baby. We did not go back anymore scans.

So your gynae is still giving your pregnancy a chance. I probably wouldn't go and seek a second opinion at this point and just stick with him, hope for the best, but also mentally prepare for the worst.

hi mummies and everyone here! :)

i tested positive last saturday (22/7) the day my period was due which makes me 4 weeks pregnant now. this is my #2 pregnancy. i have mixed feeling this time as i experienced chemical pregancy in may this year.

i decided to arrange my first gynae appt only at 8 weeks which is in 4 weeks time.

have been been having mild cramping nothing severe. so paranoid with the cramps i even thought my period was coming.

as much as i want this pregnancy to happen i cant help to feel worried at all times. it feels like im holding such a brittle and fragile egg!

anyone have anything to share about having a sucessful pregnancy after a miscarriage or chemical pregnancy?

Hi mummies,
I was prescribed Duphaston twice a day each time 1 tab due to spotting.

Any idea if can should stop taking the med if my spotting stops? Dont really wanna be on med during pregnancy.

Hi mummies,

Any idea if can should stop taking the med if my spotting stops? Dont really wanna be on med during pregnancy.
Hi Hibun, i was on duphaston due to spotting for #2. I didnt dare to stop though cos fr wat i knoe duphaston stabalises the preganancy. I was on it for 2 weeks before next gynae visit for review. Gynae say everythg ok then stopped.

Hi mummies,

Hi Hibun, I am on duphaston too, not due to spotting. Gynae advises this help stabilises early pregnancy so would be good to complete the dosage and seek advice from the gynae before stopping if it's causing u any discomfort or concerns. :)

Any mummies-to-be EDD on 8 or 9 Mar 2018? It's my 7th week. Just went for my 2nd gynae appt today and saw the kacang putih's heartbeat. It's so weird o_O

The appetite is going haywire and the nausea game is strong. Gynae prescribed Vit B6 today, to be taken once per day to increase appetite and ease the nausea. My first appt was when I was in my 5th week and the weight reduced about 1.2kg in 2weeks. In case anyone is experiencing the same, the doc did mention not to be worried as it's common and baby will still grow.

Started to feel nausea few days back( am week 6 nw btw)initially was v happy cos I'm finally having morning sickness which I heard is gd to have it during pregnancy. Past few days was just for few hrs and now I'm experiencing it from late evening till late night.. no appetite for dinner and couldn't slp... im also having headache lately at night. Anybody experiencing headache as ur preg symptoms? Wonder isit nt drinking enough water..

Hi mummies!

Am now in 8 weeks and it's my first pregnancy.
I got to know on my 6th weeks when am overseas, not to delay straight engage a local gynae there to check. After that when am back, I called the local gynae and intend to arrange my second check like 4 weeks later but was told too late and came for the check early at 8 weeks. And realised how fast the 'kacang putih' grow in 2 weeks time! So amazing...

Same as some of the mummies here, my gynae prescribed folic acid plus vit b6 now and ask me to stop calcium will 4 weeks later. Coz it will make me bloated and feel nausea.

Been had a bad sleep at night Coz can't find a comfort posture, keep on going toilet and dreams...

Need to trouble someone add me to the group
[email protected]
Thanks!

Started to feel nausea few days back( am week 6 nw btw)initially was v happy cos I'm finally having morning sickness which I heard is gd to have it during pregnancy. Past few days was just for few hrs and now I'm experiencing it from late evening till late night.. no appetite for dinner and couldn't slp... im also having headache lately at night. Anybody experiencing headache as ur preg symptoms? Wonder isit nt drinking enough water..
Hibun i rem for my first preg i also very happy wen first gt MS cos like felt more real to be preg. Totally regretted it later. It did get better as in fewer x of vomitting but it lasted thruout entire preg. So i only gained like 8kg for first preg. Hang in there! Try to eat whatever that u can stomach down.

Hi mummies!

Am now in 8 weeks and it's my first pregnancy.
I got to know on my 6th weeks when am overseas, not to delay straight engage a local gynae there to check. After that when am back, I called the local gynae and intend to arrange my second check like 4 weeks later but was told too late and came for the check early at 8 weeks. And realised how fast the 'kacang putih' grow in 2 weeks time! So amazing...

Same as some of the mummies here, my gynae prescribed folic acid plus vit b6 now and ask me to stop calcium will 4 weeks later. Coz it will make me bloated and feel nausea.

Been had a bad sleep at night Coz can't find a comfort posture, keep on going toilet and dreams...

Need to trouble someone add me to the group
[email protected]
Thanks!
Im only wk 5 but havin prob zzz. Always ard 3/4am or so wil keep tossing already. Cant zz all the way til my usual 530am wake up time:( feeling so tired ard noon always. Yawn n yawn. Lol.

occasional headache. usually giddiness for me .

Im only wk 5 but havin prob zzz. Always ard 3/4am or so wil keep tossing already. Cant zz all the way til my usual 530am wake up time:( feeling so tired ard noon always. Yawn n yawn. Lol.
Same here, I'll wakeup ard 2-3plus, toss n turn till 5plus and when I finally get to slp.... its time to wakeup for work.

I have headache everyday - Guess it's due to side effect of the duphaston . I tried not eating it once and I feel ok. I told my doc and he said the other alternative is to replace the oral duphaston with the vaginal pill insert which I am not comfortable. Hence I am holding it up for another 4 weeks when I can stop taking it!

I have headache everyday - Guess it's due to side effect of the duphaston . I tried not eating it once and I feel ok. I told my doc and he said the other alternative is to replace the oral duphaston with the vaginal pill insert which I am not comfortable. Hence I am holding it up for another 4 weeks when I can stop taking it!
I just called up to my clinic to check if I can stop taking duphaston if my spotting stops. The nurse said hv to continue. Means i hv to endure for another 3wks plus of headache till the next appt..oh.no...

I just called up to my clinic to check if I can stop taking duphaston if my spotting stops. The nurse said hv to continue. Means i hv to endure for another 3wks plus of headache till the next appt..oh.no...
Hibun, u cant see yr gynae earlier? Mayb try to see in 2 weeks?

Hibun, u cant see yr gynae earlier? Mayb try to see in 2 weeks?
I just went for my scanning 2 days ago and she said everything looks good. ( saw and heard the hb of my little bean) so unless i hv bleeding again ( touch wood!!!), i do not have to go back till 3 wks ltr when Im 9 wks by den.

I just went for my scanning 2 days ago and she said everything looks good. ( saw and heard the hb of my little bean) so unless i hv bleeding again ( touch wood!!!), i do not have to go back till 3 wks ltr when Im 9 wks by den.
Oic. Then i guess just gota endure for lil bean's sake! I haven seen gynae yet. Going next fri when ard 6.5weeks. Cos nw oso might nt c anythg. Hopefully all ok. *fingers crossed

Oic. Then i guess just gota endure for lil bean's sake! I haven seen gynae yet. Going next fri when ard 6.5weeks. Cos nw oso might nt c anythg. Hopefully all ok. *fingers crossed
All the best for ur scan! i scanned mine when I was 6w 2d. Actually i couldn't really see the hb but my gynae said its actually flickering ( since she can see i suppose its there, haha) but i heard it when she played, quite soft as its still v early in pregnancy.

Actually i don mind taking it even if i hv to suffer from those side effect. Just worry that it might nt be gd for the bb if i take for such a long period ( total of 5wks if i include the next 3wks of med) cos from what understand, any med is nt gd but guess i just hv to tell myself its to hold the pregnancy n make sure bb is healthy.

All the best for ur scan! i scanned mine when I was 6w 2d. Actually i couldn't really see the hb but my gynae said its actually flickering ( since she can see i suppose its there, haha) but i heard it when she played, quite soft as its still v early in pregnancy.

Actually i don mind taking it even if i hv to suffer from those side effect. Just worry that it might nt be gd for the bb if i take for such a long period ( total of 5wks if i include the next 3wks of med) cos from what understand, any med is nt gd but guess i just hv to tell myself its to hold the pregnancy n make sure bb is healthy.
Tks for the well wishes!
Totally understand abt med part. I have history of hyperthyroidism n it always go haywires when im preg so im on med thru out usu:( haven gt a slot to see my endocrinologist yet. Earliest is 29 aug. So basically every mth i need to see gynae n endocrinologist cos apparently thyroid prob in preg is higher risk of miscarriage n low birth weight so they have to closely monitor me.

Tks for the well wishes!
Totally understand abt med part. I have history of hyperthyroidism n it always go haywires when im preg so im on med thru out usu:( haven gt a slot to see my endocrinologist yet. Earliest is 29 aug. So basically every mth i need to see gynae n endocrinologist cos apparently thyroid prob in preg is higher risk of miscarriage n low birth weight so they have to closely monitor me.
I hv pcos, so im quite wrry too. But hang in there! For the sake of little bean, we have to stay positive n we can do it!

( talk to beanie everyday asking him/her to stay healthy n don leave me, haha..although i think its still v early to even 'hear' what i say)

I hv pcos, so im quite wrry too. But hang in there! For the sake of little bean, we have to stay positive n we can do it!

( talk to beanie everyday asking him/her to stay healthy n don leave me, haha..although i think its still v early to even 'hear' what i say)
Yup u too! I think mood affects the bb. Nvr too early to talk to bb. Hehe

Back