December 2017 mummies

The integrated shield plan covers just the hospital bill portion (you'll still need to foot the 1st $xxxx as deductible unless you've bought additional riders to cover those). The maternity plan covers the mother for some complications until she give birth and then continue to covers the baby on some congenital illnesses and stuffs for the 1st 3 years. This doesn't goes to the hospital but is just additional cash benefits. So this is probably optional coverage that's good to have. Most important is still to get proper integrated shield plan (and riders if necessary) to cover any potential hospital bills which can be quite scary.

yup have tried to look into this in great details. the integrated shield plan with rider will cover for the mother. any idea what does not cover for? and for the baby, it seems to be covered by the compulsory normal medishield plan for baby...is that correct?

Hi Mummies,
I am expecting my 2nd baby this year.

I would like to share, recently I attended an awesome nutritional class. The speaker is one of the well-known nutritional teacher in the field.
She has been teaching for 17 years and was even invited to attend health talks on television.

She share very details information like what rice, eggs or chicken we should look out for and what household products we should be aware as the toxins/chemicals will be harmful to our baby in the tummy.

I really feel this is a very essential class for all mummies to attend.
As we all want a healthy cute little baby!

She has class on Mon 7.30pm, Wed 7.30pm & Sunday 4pm

If you are interested, let me know I can help you to enroll the class. :)

Hi, im interested but can i know wat is the cost for the lesson and the location held? thanks for the info

yup have tried to look into this in great details. the integrated shield plan with rider will cover for the mother. any idea what does not cover for? and for the baby, it seems to be covered by the compulsory normal medishield plan for baby...is that correct?

Eh... I'm not an expert in this. But roughly, you'll need a separate shield plan for the mother and and the baby (when he/she is born). The compulsory medishield plan you've mentioned is the current medishield life, which covers basic hospital bills in C and B2 wards and is quite basic (and rarely sufficient).
https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...medishield-life/medishield-life-benefits.html

Then comes the integrated shield plans which is kind of like a enhancement to the medishield life which can cover up to B1, A or even private hospital. And in addition, it also covers some additional treatments that I believe are not covered in medishield. Hard to tell you what is not covered because every plan is different but the 2 links below should offer some infomation and comparison about integrated shield plan. Also do note that while some integrated shield plans covers some pregnancy complications, you need to already be covered by them for a certain period of time (if I remember correctly, it's 9 months or 1 year for some) for coverage on those pregnancy complications. In other words if you found that you're pregnant and then you purchased an integrated shield plan, then it probably doesn't cover for some of those complications. Also, you can only purchase an integrated shield plan for the baby after about 15 days but I think the insurer may not cover if there are existing conditions.
https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...lans/about-integrated-shield-plans--ips-.html
https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...s/comparison--of-integrated-shield-plans.html

That's roughly what I know. Hope it helps.

Apart from maternity insurance, there are close to zero insurance that covers a baby whilst it is still unborn. Maternity insurance, unlike medishield life or integrated shield(IP) plans does just that and gives the mother the assurance that in the event of any congenital illnesses, premature birth and whatever the policy schedule names out etc that the baby is insured for at least the amount set forth.

It is important as neo natal icu can be very expensive not to mention that in the event of any illnesses or conditions the baby's chance of getting an IP would be very slim so every dollar of cash payout is important.

On medishield life yes it does provide subsidy for neonatal and congenital conditions from birth but the keyword is subsidize not cover.

Hope this helps!

very hard to avoid cos i drink from young . now i try to drink chilled drinks instead of adding ice but i realized drinking too much cold water will worsen my blocked nose even more

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forum mobile app
Same! My mom told me it's not good for the baby and she might get asthma. Lol. Not sure if it's true. But I think quite difficult to avoid cold water when it's a habit. :(

Same! My mom told me it's not good for the baby and she might get asthma. Lol. Not sure if it's true. But I think quite difficult to avoid cold water when it's a habit. :(
not sure if will have asthma though. one of my friend personal experience is she drank super freezing cold water during pregnancy then when baby is born,baby had alot phlegm that doc had to vacuum it out. quite poor thing cos baby cant breathe properly. so now i try to drink chilled drinks only. I'll leave it outside for awhile then start drinking

Hi All! Expecting my 2nd girl this time, EDD supposed to be Jan 2018 but its getting earlier on every visit.. Should be expecting her in Dec this year!

Nice seeing all the mummies here :)

hi mummies/mummies-to-be, hope all of you are doing well!

a qn: how many of you still go for your facial sessions? im 15w now and my skin is really crying for help hahaha.. asked my facial therapist and she said can, but she wont use machines and no shoulder massage.

would you all still go? just want ur opinion...

Hi! I went for mine when I was about 8 weeks but seriously it doesn't help as much than when I was not pregnant, I guessed it's because my beautician also refrained from using the machine..

But at least I felt that my skin was deeply cleanse before I start masking again at home :)

I'm at 20 weeks and started having cramps, like bad menstrual pains. The gynae says it's normal. But sometimes I also feel tummy tighten and harden a bit.

Do u ladies experience this too? Is it braxton hicks?

I'm at 20 weeks and started having cramps, like bad menstrual pains. The gynae says it's normal. But sometimes I also feel tummy tighten and harden a bit.

ItS n0rmal.. due t0 uteruS expanding.. aS l0ng aS n0 bleeding.. itS 0kie...

i felt my tummy very tight at week 18 too n i googled why. supposedly it's expanding so it's normal

yea same here... im 19 weeks now feeling "a heavy vagina ' told my gynae and he did a swab test. everything's ok with baby . should be uterus expanding.

Hi, just to share the Great Bundle of Joy promotion by Great Eastern Life.

Specially for babies born between 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017, parents can register to receive a complimentary year-long Mothercare VIP membership (valued at S$300).

You will also receive Mothercare shopping vouchers for all your baby needs with selected plans.

For registration and details, please refer to the link below. Thanks and all the best for your delivery!

http://gelife.co/ge1155185

I am at 19 weeks now but still can't feel baby movement. Anyone feel their baby movement already? Btw did anyone purchase doppler to use at home?

Hi all! Currently in Week 19. Was just wondering anybody have any recommendation for yoga in the west area? My back start to hurt and sometimes I do feel numbness over left shoulder. I was hoping yoga would help.

Are you referring to the anomaly scan at 20 weeks?

This is a more detailed scanning where the sonographer will check for the gender, spinal cord, growth of bb such as length & size of bone, head circumference, location of placenta, as well as bb organs development e.g. hole in heart, excess fluid in brain, kidneys & stuff., etc.

You can skip the OSCAR test , and I think detailed scan at 20wk is a must.

Are you referring to the anomaly scan at 20 weeks?

This is a more detailed scanning where the sonographer will check for the gender, spinal cord, growth of bb such as length & size of bone, head circumference, location of placenta, as well as bb organs development e.g. hole in heart, excess fluid in brain, kidneys & stuff., etc.

You can skip the OSCAR test , and I think detailed scan at 20wk is a must.

I see! I did iGene test on my 3 months. I thought that will determine the Down syndrome all that. Still got the anomaly test.:(

I see! I did iGene test on my 3 months. I thought that will determine the Down syndrome all that. Still got the anomaly test.:(

Hello, can share about your igene test? My friend recommended it but seems like igene is not so commonly available yet.

Hello, can share about your igene test? My friend recommended it but seems like igene is not so commonly available yet.

http://www.igeneprenataltest.com/

You can read from the link above.
I did mine at Thomson clinic when I was around 3 months. The gynae will draw 2tubes of blood from you. And aside from the Down syndrome test, you will get to know the baby's gender too!
iGene test is 99% accurate compare to Oscar test which is only 90%. The price is a huge difference thou. I did the iGene test around $2K. Oscar test is about $300-$400.

I am at 19 weeks now but still can't feel baby movement. Anyone feel their baby movement already? Btw did anyone purchase doppler to use at home?
I did bought a doppler to use at home. Pretty good and able to detect baby heartbeat quite fast. And also can hear my placenta too. I'm now 22 weeks and I only start to feel daily movement of my baby from week 20.

20 weeks here. I've been feeling my baby's kicks. Sometimes it's strong and painful it wakes me up. But I'm not complaining. He also seems to respond to my voice... when I talk in a quiet room during meetings, he will start kicking and wriggling! :)

What brand of doppler did u get?
Angelsounds

20170629_183212.jpg

Hi mummies,
http://www.igeneprenataltest.com/

You can read from the link above.
I did mine at Thomson clinic when I was around 3 months. The gynae will draw 2tubes of blood from you. And aside from the Down syndrome test, you will get to know the baby's gender too!
iGene test is 99% accurate compare to Oscar test which is only 90%. The price is a huge difference thou. I did the iGene test around $2K. Oscar test is about $300-$400.

I did the CSV test: http://americanpregnancy.org/prenatal-testing/chorionic-villus-sampling/ due to my age and this can be done much earlier....from 11.5 weeks and only 5 gynaes in Singapore do that. The cost is approximately S$2200+. My gynae told me is 100% accurate and you will know the baby gender when the result is out. It's not painful except for the anesthetic jab and they draw from the placenta and less risky compare to drawing from water bag.

Hi mummies, congrats to all. Though my EDD will be on 1st Jan but my 2 previous pregnancies was delivered at 36 and 34 weeks and hence most likely I will have a Dec baby.

Hope to join this group and learn from all mummies : )

Hi all! Currently in Week 19. Was just wondering anybody have any recommendation for yoga in the west area? My back start to hurt and sometimes I do feel numbness over left shoulder. I was hoping yoga would help.

yes +Me too!keen to join a group but want a specially-for-moms group. heard some CCs have such classes.

iGene is more or less similar to Harmony and Panorama test.
These are all non-invasive blood test, looking at the baby's DNA for chromosome disorders.

Last edited:
Hi, first time mom to be here! Have been a silent reader all these while :)

May i check if any one of u have encountered diarrhoea in ur 2nd trimester?
Cos i diarrhoea twice so far :(
And if so, should there be any concer?

Hi, first time mom to be here! Have been a silent reader all these while :)

May i check if any one of u have encountered diarrhoea in ur 2nd trimester?
Cos i diarrhoea twice so far :(
And if so, should there be any concer?
could it be due to something u ate? our stomach is weaker now

could it be due to something u ate? our stomach is weaker now
Not too sure too..
Had normal bf this morn n muffin (heat up)

I tot will be the blueberry muffin to cause it but after lunch it came again..

Now i feel no appetite.

Thou i know most of us will hv a good appetite in 2nd trimester!

Not too sure too..
Had normal bf this morn n muffin (heat up)

I tot will be the blueberry muffin to cause it but after lunch it came again..

Now i feel no appetite.

Thou i know most of us will hv a good appetite in 2nd trimester!
i had diarrhea during 1st trimester n i think it's cos im lactose intolerant & pregnancy just make it worst. once i avoided lactose im fine. if it's just once or twice,it should be fine. but if it's continuous alot times, it'll be good to see a gp. you can hydrate yourself with pocari sweat

i had diarrhea during 1st trimester n i think it's cos im lactose intolerant & pregnancy just make it worst. once i avoided lactose im fine. if it's just once or twice,it should be fine. but if it's continuous alot times, it'll be good to see a gp. you can hydrate yourself with pocari sweat
Glad u r okay now.:)
Yup. Am monitoring and drinkin some warm water...
jus no mood to work. Cant wait to knock off!

Hi mummies to be
How much weight have you gained so far? I've almost gained 7kg. Am feeling v depressed looking at my weight gain on my upper arms and thighs. Don't know how to lose them ever.. I know this sounds bimbotic, but really sad. I'm only at 21 weeks!!!!

Are any of you going for a preggy photoshoot? Any recommendations and pricing range?

Hi mummies to be
How much weight have you gained so far? I've almost gained 7kg. Am feeling v depressed looking at my weight gain on my upper arms and thighs. Don't know how to lose them ever.. I know this sounds bimbotic, but really sad. I'm only at 21 weeks!!!!

Are any of you going for a preggy photoshoot? Any recommendations and pricing range?
I've gained 4kg.. now at week 20. kinda worried how much more im gonna gained too

Hi mummies to be

I think i gained abt 2kg+?
Compared it with first trimester.

Esp now with good appetite, i think we need to eat in moderation!

:0

Now I feel even more depressed! U all gained so little. Haiyoh. I really have to watch what I eat already.

Btw so far how have u been coping with ur work?

I believed all of us has informed bosses on our pregnancy.

For my case, my boss is abit harsh on her tone but today is totally over the limit.
She felt pek cek and was venting on me.
And after our conversation ended, she let go "tsk".
Haiz
Dunno y like that.
I get affected and teared.
Feel like giving up but ML will be gone.
Ahead of the days wun be smooth for me cos she expect me to complete all the tasks b4 i go on ML. No covering and i am only one doing the tasks.

For my case, my boss is abit harsh on her tone but today is totally over the limit.
Haiz
Dunno y like that.
Ahead of the days wun be smooth for me cos she expect me to complete all the tasks b4 i go on ML. No covering and i am only one doing the tasks.
im very blessed to have an understanding boss. i can nap in office when im free & just nice now is non peak period for my work so i can rest whenever i want to. he understands too if i take mc often

Haiz
Dunno y like that.

Due in December too? Hang in there! Not worth it to go without salary during your maternity period. Unless your job is really too tough and you feel it's better for your pregnancy if you take a break. Or if you're rich enough... then f*ck it, throw letter. Hahaha!

I'm lucky to have a very understanding team and boss but my work is quite stressful so sometimes I also dread going to work in the morning. And I'm starting to feel sleepy all the time. Really hard to concentrate!

Haiz
Dunno y like that.
I feel you, me too struggling with work.
My previous manager was very supportive during my 1st pregnancy.
I am still in same company but this time my colleagues & new manager are not very supportive and even try to pick on me taking mc when gg for gynae check-up, as I am not sick so I should apply annual leave instead of mc. Sigh....I have to challenge them to check with HR and unless HR reject my gynae mc else...

Only 4 more mths to go, So Hang-in there @rainbowbb!

Back