Feb 2018 mummies to be

For those who are spotting, go see doc and at least have a peace of mind? But keep thinking positive and don't worry too much!

I'm with twins via ivf, and have been spotting since week 6. Now week 9 already. All sorts of colours also have. But can't find source, but docs assured me it's "quite common" and nothing to worry abt.
Do you know if spotting makes the pregnancy high-risk?

Just wondering if anyone feels cold at 8 weeks plus? Recently I have been feeling cold, esp after I had the progesterone jab. That night after the jab, I actually was trembling in my sleep even though I was covered up with comforter. I thought I should be feeling warm to hot....

Do you know if spotting makes the pregnancy high-risk?

Docs didn't mention any of the sort.. but I should only be worrying if I'm bleeding profusely accompanied with severe cramps

Otherwise they seem to think it's normal

Can you share your experience with doc Benjamin tham? What kind of doc is he like and is he able to handle complicated issue. It would be great if u could also share his charges.

He's very fatherly and assuring. I'm not sure about complicated issue but will feel comfortable with him. His charges is $900 from wk 12 onwards. Visit Every 4 weeks for 1st two trimesters

He's very fatherly and assuring. I'm not sure about complicated issue but will feel comfortable with him. His charges is $900 from wk 12 onwards. Visit Every 4 weeks for 1st two trimesters
I read that he doesn't accept patients who switch gynae. Would you know anything about this? So if I were to be 'discharged' from Tan HH at week 14, I'm not sure if he would accept my case?

I read that he doesn't accept patients who switch gynae. Would you know anything about this? So if I were to be 'discharged' from Tan HH at week 14, I'm not sure if he would accept my case?

You might want to call up and check with the nurse? I'm not too sure tho. From what I know; his package starts from week 12.

Hi mummies!

It's my first pregnancy and i need some help out here with the choosing of gynae.

I have yet to visit a gynae ever since i found out that i was pregnant last week (should be in the 7th or 8th week now)

After much researching for days, i've decided to choose Mount Elizabeth Novena but now i can't seem to decide which gynae to go to.

Any mummies out there can give me some recommendations of the gynaes in Mount E?

And also their price list/packages if possible.

Thank you so much fellow mummies!

The package inclusive of scan and blood test and how many visits?

I read his waiting time is very long. Do you experience that? His clinic is at tmc?

The package inclusive of scan and blood test and how many visits?

I read his waiting time is very long. Do you experience that? His clinic is at tmc?

Usually I will reach early, so waiting time less than half an hour. Yes inclusive of ultra sound scans and urine / blood test (not v often?) and up to 11 visits (i think!). Yah tmc first level.

Hi mummies,

Im going to be at week 9 soon but experiencing bad rash for a few days. GP said its "feng mo". Also known as hives. Wondering if anyone has this before? Any natural remedy ?

Hi mummies,

Im going to be at week 9 soon but experiencing bad rash for a few days. GP said its "feng mo". Also known as hives. Wondering if anyone has this before? Any natural remedy ?
I had that twice during confinement. V horrid. My mum asked me to use diluted rice wine to wipe my hands and feet to relieve the itch. It helped a bit. Eventually even my tongue swelled so I took anti histamines. So depends on how severe it is, you may need to take the meds but check with gp that its pg safe.

I had that twice during confinement. V horrid. My mum asked me to use diluted rice wine to wipe my hands and feet to relieve the itch. It helped a bit. Eventually even my tongue swelled so I took anti histamines. So depends on how severe it is, you may need to take the meds but check with gp that its pg safe.
Yes its very horrid. The itch is so unbearable. I tried the rice wine method but it only stop the itch for awhile. My gp prescribe priton which is anti itch but trying not to take too much. Really torturing. Got no nausea symptoms but yet got this itch at first trimester. I read some mention rash may appear at only 3rd trimester.

Just wondering if anyone feels cold at 8 weeks plus? Recently I have been feeling cold, esp after I had the progesterone jab. That night after the jab, I actually was trembling in my sleep even though I was covered up with comforter. I thought I should be feeling warm to hot....

I feel cold every day after finding out that I am pregnant. Everyday without fail, i need to wear a jacket to work... not sure if it's just me.

I feel cold every day after finding out that I am pregnant. Everyday without fail, i need to wear a jacket to work... not sure if it's just me.

Me too! Been feeling cold, I used to be person who needs to on air con in order to fall asleep but i can't do it now. Hormones change, i guess.

Hello everyone!

I'm at my 10th week now, EDD around second week of Feb 2018~
seems like our confinement nanny cost is going to cost a bomb since it falls around CNY period! :eek:

My gynae is Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC .. and my Panoroma appt with him will be in 2 weeks time.
For those who is interested in Dr Tham antenatal/delivery package or his Panoroma/Oscar/NT packages, can pm me.
I can send you a copy of his packages price. :)

Take care and happy pregnancy to all~

Hello everyone!

seems like our confinement nanny cost is going to cost a bomb since it falls around CNY period! :eek:

My gynae is Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC .. and my Panoroma appt with him will be in 2 weeks time.
For those who is interested in Dr Tham antenatal/delivery package or his Panoroma/Oscar/NT packages, can pm me.

Did you opt for the full tests of all the various chromosome defects? I was told that the 99% accuracy is only for the base 3 (which oscar screens for), while the extras have a lower accuracy and higher false positive rate.

I have appt at KK for the blood test tomorrow as part of FTS. Scan will be in Aug. But I am seeing another gynae at Gleneagles and he said we can discuss about NIPT this weekend. So now wondering if I should go to KK for blood test tomorrow.

Though being so paranoid, I might go for both....

Hello everyone!

How much is your confinement nanny charging you?

My EDD falls right smack on CNY. Luckily the agency charges are still pretty reasonable! Under $4K.

Did you opt for the full tests of all the various chromosome defects? I was told that the 99% accuracy is only for the base 3 (which oscar screens for), while the extras have a lower accuracy and higher false positive rate.

hmm .. good question. i'm actually not so sure too, i only know the nurse made me set an appointment for the panoroma test and that she said that the doctor will determine which range of panoroma (full or basic) test is suitable for me on the consultation before the test. i will check with the gynae on my next appt.

How much is your confinement nanny charging you?

My EDD falls right smack on CNY. Luckily the agency charges are still pretty reasonable! Under $4K.

i haven't started searching for confinement nanny yet .. i only know it definitely won't be cheap for EDD on Feb due to CNY .. :rolleyes:

Ooo, are you required to pay a deposit first to the agency for ur confinement nanny?

i haven't started searching for confinement nanny yet .. i only know it definitely won't be cheap for EDD on Feb due to CNY .. :rolleyes:

Ooo, are you required to pay a deposit first to the agency for ur confinement nanny?

Yes I paid a deposit to the agency....

Hi all mommy, my Edd is in Feb and my mom have been making confinement food and tea for me since my first baby. This is my third and I will be breast feeding. She used to do confinement for unwed moms in a pregnancy shelter. So far everyone praises her food.

Anyone staying ang mo kio, bishan or north area that needs confinement food in Jan and Feb can pm me to find out more on food menu, trials and prices etc. Charges from $1000 whole month lunch and dinner. Depending on how far from my place.

:>

Hi i am currently 9 weeks...have anyone travelled during their 1st trimester? I will be flying to KL on 2 Aug by then it would be my 11 weeks. Do you think it is advisable? Thank you

Hi i am currently 9 weeks...have anyone travelled during their 1st trimester? I will be flying to KL on 2 Aug by then it would be my 11 weeks. Do you think it is advisable? Thank you

It's best to check with your gynae.
I just told my gynae of travel plans for work in second trimester and he said to remind him again when the date is nearing so he could give emergency medication just in case.

I just had my week 10 scan and it seems that the fetus has grown bigger than what it should be. Gynae said it's fine but I have to watch my sugar/carbo intake. Anyone who has experienced or is experiencing something similar? According to size, fetus is almost 11 weeks...

Don't worry, I travelled to Bali around week 7.. just avoid carrying luggage and watch what you eat :)

Travelling is ok, i traveled to London during my 6 weeks. At 11 weeks, it should be more or less stabilized. Dont worry about that, or u can consult your gynae.

Hi all Feb MTB

My EDD suppose to be 19 Feb but after the previous check, the EDD has changed to 8 Feb.

Have anyone contacted any confinement nanny agency? Saw fb reviews very good for PEM but when I searched for more reviews on forum, I saw tons of bad reviews. Any agency you can recommend?

Do you think to engage from agency will be better or get it from referral? I tot to get from agency initially is becuz they can do replacement if you are not satisfied with the nanny. But really hope no replacement is needed especially ours falls during the CNY period. The cost is already 30-40% higher than normal period...

Hi mummies,
I was prescribed Duphaston twice a day each time 1 tab due to spotting.

Any idea if can should stop taking the med if my spotting stops? Dont really wanna be on med during pregnancy.

Hi all Feb MTB

My EDD suppose to be 19 Feb but after the previous check, the EDD has changed to 8 Feb.

Have anyone contacted any confinement nanny agency? Saw fb reviews very good for PEM but when I searched for more reviews on forum, I saw tons of bad reviews. Any agency you can recommend?

Do you think to engage from agency will be better or get it from referral? I tot to get from agency initially is becuz they can do replacement if you are not satisfied with the nanny. But really hope no replacement is needed especially ours falls during the CNY period. The cost is already 30-40% higher than normal period...

Hi, the change to an earlier EDD, I suppose it is due to the fetus being at a bigger size than it's gestational age? Did your gynae raise any concerns? My gynae would like me to reduce my carbs intake as there is potential for development of gestational diabetes.

I signed up with PEM. Friends had good experience with PEM and my sis-in-law had used them twice. the CL for the first time was excellent but the CL second time round was not as good (she did change the CL midway). I decided to use PEM because they have the herbs package too...

Hi mummies,
I was prescribed Duphaston twice a day each time 1 tab due to spotting.

Any idea if can should stop taking the med if my spotting stops? Dont really wanna be on med during pregnancy.

I am still taking the duphaston even though my spotting stopped. My gynae would like me to continue with weekly progesterone jabs until week 13. He said the most recent studies show that taking duphastson till 5th month can help prevent premature births.... maybe cos mine is IVF baby, so my gynae is extremely cautious....

I am still taking the duphaston even though my spotting stopped. My gynae would like me to continue with weekly progesterone jabs until week 13. He said the most recent studies show that taking duphastson till 5th month can help prevent premature births.... maybe cos mine is IVF baby, so my gynae is extremely cautious....
Hi, im also suppose to be on duphaston twice a day and proluton jab twice a week. However i requested to stop the jabs. Im not sure why im prescribed these meds as i did not have any spotting but presume its cos im from ivf.

Thx for the reply:) maybe i will give a call n check with them if i can stop the med whrn my spotting stops.

Hi, im also suppose to be on duphaston twice a day and proluton jab twice a week. However i requested to stop the jabs. Im not sure why im prescribed these meds as i did not have any spotting but presume its cos im from ivf.
Im also prescribed this amount of progesterone! But I really don't like the idea of medicated pg and I feel terrible - nausea, headaches and bloating.

I stopped the duphaston 2 weeks ago and reduced the jab to once a week... on my own decision because my prev gynae approach for my 1st pg is - stop when theres no more bleeding.
Hope it's not wrong and things still go well for my scan this sat.

I only got started on the jabs when I had brown discharge in week 8. Previously it was just duphaston 2x a day; this was under KKH. Since my appt in KKH are spaced so far apart, I went to consult another gynae and he decided he needs to be very kiasu with me cos I'm IVF case and had a chemical pregnancy previously. To be honest, I'm willing to go along with whatever the gynae is prescribing as long as it's logical. I'm even taking aspirin too!

I request to stop duphaston & proluton jab on my week 9 gynae scan. Told him i felt too much hormones going on. I fell sick on week 6&7 and develop hives on week 8. I did not have any hives issue previously. I try not to take med and mostly use natural remedy if possible.

If yours was medicated FET, there's no corpus luteum that's telling the body to produce progesterone. That's why docs have to prescribe - because your body isn't producing.

Hi, the change to an earlier EDD, I suppose it is due to the fetus being at a bigger size than it's gestational age? Did your gynae raise any concerns? My gynae would like me to reduce my carbs intake as there is potential for development of gestational diabetes.

I signed up with PEM. Friends had good experience with PEM and my sis-in-law had used them twice. the CL for the first time was excellent but the CL second time round was not as good (she did change the CL midway). I decided to use PEM because they have the herbs package too...

Hi Spaniel

My gynae say this is a more accurate date. Shall see if it changes again and if he advise anything on my diet...

Is it possible to tell PEM which CL you want to engage? Able to share the name of the first CL you engaged? She is good in taking care baby and cooking? I will buy other company herbal package which is cheaper than PEM herbal package.

Back