March 2018 Mummies

Today I'm experiencing cramp and acute pain in my left ovary and backache for the whole day . This is worrying. This is the feeling I have before menses.
Same here.. Ive been having this cramp since ytd..sometimes its on the left den sometimes its ard the uterus area. Thats the only symptom Im having now. Btw, did u ovulate on ur left ovary?

Same here.. Ive been having this cramp since ytd..sometimes its on the left den sometimes its ard the uterus area. Thats the only symptom Im having now. Btw, did u ovulate on ur left ovary?

Doc never tell me which side I ovulate when I was 5 weeks. Able to check? As I have cyst in my left ovary, I'm worried

Today I'm experiencing cramp and acute pain in my left ovary and backache for the whole day . This is worrying. This is the feeling I have before menses.

The pregnancy cramp and pre menses cramps are pretty much alike, in fact many symptoms are similar too..

Don't worry too much and must have faith in yourself as well as little beanie..

The pregnancy cramp and pre menses cramps are pretty much alike, in fact many symptoms are similar too..

Don't worry too much and must have faith in yourself as well as little beanie..
Thanks dear. Can't help but worrying as do not know what to expect for first pregnancy especially when I know I have cysts and fibroid. The pain is stretching to my back too. At the same time I'm always feeling nauseous but no vomit and with a lot burping. How to cure bloatiness. ?

Thanks dear. Can't help but worrying as do not know what to expect for first pregnancy especially when I know I have cysts and fibroid. The pain is stretching to my back too. At the same time I'm always feeling nauseous but no vomit and with a lot burping. How to cure bloatiness. ?
From what i goggled b4, its call corpus luteum cysts which is one sided pain and it is needed for baby to grow. So long as the pain is not too intense and theres no bleeding, then there is nth to worry.

I took clomid to ovulate, went back CD10 and she told me my ovary on the left is growing but not the one on the right. So, i guess thats why im having the pain on my left now.

Hi all, first timer checking in! Tested positive a week back but been waiting because it all seems so unreal right now.

I haven't chosen a gynae 'cause I'm not sure what to look out for or how to start looking! How did you decide on who to go to? And when should I make an appointment? Soon as possible or is it ok to wait till week 7 when I can see the heartbeat?

Doc never tell me which side I ovulate when I was 5 weeks. Able to check? As I have cyst in my left ovary, I'm worried

I also have a cyst on my left. I had cramps last week then after awhile it went away. I guess really depends on the level of discomfort. If it is bearable, it should be alright as it's most likely just your womb adjusting.

Hi all, first timer checking in! Tested positive a week back but been waiting because it all seems so unreal right now.

I haven't chosen a gynae 'cause I'm not sure what to look out for or how to start looking! How did you decide on who to go to? And when should I make an appointment? Soon as possible or is it ok to wait till week 7 when I can see the heartbeat?

Congrats! You can start by researching which hospital you'd prefer to deliver at (mostly like near your place) & find the Gynaes that work at that particular hospital. You can search out the names of most doctors in this forum to look for reviews.

You can choose to visit at week 5 onwards. Week5-6 are for maybe 1st pregnancies or those who have a high-mild risk. If you can wait, then go for week 7 to see/hear the heartbeat and see a more developed embryo. :)

Morning everyone. I mia-ed during the weekend.

For vitamins I'm taking (all from gynae):
Morning - CERENATE® Gestacare x 1 (click to see the breakdown)
Night - Calcium x 2 (I need to go home & check the mg if anyone wanna know) and Utrogestan 2 x 100mg (to help with my occasional cramps)

For my nausea - I was given Vitamin B6 as standby & folic acid to replace my muti-vits on bad nausea days. & a stronger med: metoclopramide 10mg from DHA if the Vit B6 doesn't really help me.

Been damn freakkking tiredddd. Since yesterday I've been down with a dry/sore throat & I've been taking antibiotics since last week for my UTI and I can still fall sick. LOL. So trying to drink more water depsite feeling super bloated... I'm also always like burping out air for some reason... happened for my previous pregnancy also. Dreading work everydayyyy...

Morning everyone. I mia-ed during the weekend.

Morning - CERENATE® Gestacare x 1 (click to see the breakdown)
Night - Calcium x 2 (I need to go home & check the mg if anyone wanna know) and Utrogestan 2 x 100mg (to help with my occasional cramps)

For my nausea - I was given Vitamin B6 as standby & folic acid to replace my muti-vits on bad nausea days. & a stronger med: metoclopramide 10mg from DHA if the Vit B6 doesn't really help me.

Been damn freakkking tiredddd. Since yesterday I've been down with a dry/sore throat & I've been taking antibiotics since last week for my UTI and I can still fall sick. LOL. So trying to drink more water depsite feeling super bloated... I'm also always like burping out air for some reason... happened for my previous pregnancy also. Dreading work everydayyyy...

i feel you cos my bloaty and burping is always stronger at night. i feel like a toad burp so many times. so awkward especially when outside. LOL. i dislike drinking water cos it causes bloatiness. u can try taking some lemon water or cranberry for UTI.

Just curious, how 'delicate' are u gals feeling. I jogged for the bus 20m with laptop and bag, now cramping :( so fast feel delicate :( only 3weeks embryo can already do such thing to me. Ugh.

How to tahan 9 mths like that

can we take yogurt to replace milk for calcium?

Yeah, you can take yogurt & cheese (don't take soft cheese - check before eating) to boost your calcium.
I gave a damn loud and forceful burp yesterday while my husband was driving me home & he just laughed at me. Hahahah :oops:

Just curious, how 'delicate' are u gals feeling. I jogged for the bus 20m with laptop and bag, now cramping :( so fast feel delicate :( only 3weeks embryo can already do such thing to me. Ugh.

How to tahan 9 mths like that

First 3 months is the more crucial. Overstraining yourself is definitely not the best way to go, especially if you're not really the kind who always lead a very active/sporty lifestyle. Hope you feel better soon! 2nd trimester is the best period - You won't feel this way throughout the whole 9 months :)

FYI for any new mums here - I've created a FB secret group for us! Kindly PM me your email so I can add you all in
emoji1303.png

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and the morning sickness started 4 days ago. Been puking so much, even when the stomach is empty I am still wanting to puke. Food makes me disgusted and I just cannot bring myself to stomach anything. Anyone experiencing morning sickness yet? It is so miserable!! When will it go away :(

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and the morning sickness started 4 days ago. Been puking so much, even when the stomach is empty I am still wanting to puke. Food makes me disgusted and I just cannot bring myself to stomach anything. Anyone experiencing morning sickness yet? It is so miserable!! When will it go away :(
I also experience morning sickness. I find that when i'm hungry i feel even more sick. Plain water is also too bland and makes me nausea

I also experience morning sickness. I find that when i'm hungry i feel even more sick. Plain water is also too bland and makes me nausea

How far along are you? Yes, when you get hungry it gets worse right. I am afraid I am not getting enough nutrients. Really hope this feeling will end real soon. My MIL told me to carry plain crackers with me all the time to munch on it.

How far along are you? Yes, when you get hungry it gets worse right. I am afraid I am not getting enough nutrients. Really hope this feeling will end real soon. My MIL told me to carry plain crackers with me all the time to munch on it.
I'm 6+ weeks . I find that meiji plain crackers works for me. I try to drink soup too. Nutrients wise shouldnt be a problem, given its a short period of time. My mum say 2nd trimester will be much better :)
Are you on Duphaston? I think Duphaston makes me more nausea. I missed a dosage on one of the days but felt much better with lesser MS symptoms.

Hi! Im expecting my 3rd bb this time.. currently at 7weeks + .. very different preggy symptoms then my first 2 pregnancy. I have very low appetite on food and thinking of them make me wanna puke but im always hungry. So i try taking more fruits n soup.. for rice i take 1/2 portion then normal. Too full makes me feel worst. Hopefully 2nd trimester be better..

Hi all!

My first time logging in and congrats to all mums to be! Me too. Expecting my no.1. As I discovered my pregnancy way too early, I've aldy been to the gynae twice during week 2 and 4. However, didn't manage to hear the heartbeat during the 2nd visit as I guess it's too early. But it was necessary as week 2 I still can't see the water bag forming in the uterus.
That's a good $650 gone for 2 visits like this. Therefore I would suggest to go check during 5-6 weeks onwards for cost savings purposes and also, u have a lot less to worry.

Week 2-4: I was worried that the embryo doesn't reach my uterus
Week 4-now: it's in my uterus and I'm worried abt the heartbeat

This worrying is too intense for me. It's affecting my sleep and I've been dreaming ever since I'm pregnant.

Ladies, btw how do I find reviews of gynae in this forum? I can't seem to find it. Thank you.

Or anyone has a good gynae to recommend at Gleneagles? Thank you!

Reactions: nqt
Hi all!

After 2 failed IUI attempts, we finally succeeded on our 3rd attempt! Finally expecting my #1. I feel so excited yet nervous at the same time. In fact, my gynae called me today to inform me that my thyroid level is slightly high.

Does anyone know how will this affect my pregnancy?

Hi all! Congrats to all. Expecting my no.1 too! Just got my scan done yet. Everything is good! But went for the first scan when I'm in my week 4 as I have thyroid disorder. Dunno what I should do and all. So decided to go and have a random scan at Thomson Medical Clinic in Jurong east. but wasn't really comfortable with the doctor.

And I went to SL Goh at Mount Alvernia ytd. She is so experience and assuring. Really giving me a piece of mind after the check and scan. ;) Managed to know that my EDD is on the 1 march 2018. Haha.

Gosh, am experiencing that now..... it felt so awful. I had to keep munching small bites to keep the feeling away. If I don't eat, it will be worst, I might throw up gastric juice if it's empty......

Can't wait for first tri to be over.......

Is anybody spotting?

I have no nausea and no tiredness, but spotting sometimes dark brown, sometimes light brown. Other thanprogresterone (which I'm already on progesterone pills and inserts) wondering what can be done about it. Spotting comes and goes.

Read on the internet and views on spotting are very mixed. Some say don't worry about it provided its not bright red and not heavy, some nightmare stories as well.

Also wondering if anybody did their HCG and Progesterone blood tests yet and what are your results?

Mine is an IVF embryo so the clinic has been asking me to do blood tests seemingly every week.

For naturally conceived embryos do your gynaes test your blood yet?

Also wondering if anybody did their HCG and Progesterone blood tests yet and what are your results?

Mine is an IVF embryo so the clinic has been asking me to do blood tests seemingly every week.

Yup. I already done the first time visit. Currently did the second time too for further checks.

Hi greenleaf,
congrats on your baby. I think the blood tests is only for IVF patients, i've had several naturally conceived pregnancies (3 kids, 4 miscarriages) and never had any tests done in the first couple of months. Usually the gynae won't want to see us until it's 6-8 weeks when the sac and heartbeat can be seen on ultrasound.
After having had 3 consecutive m/c I do wish that we can get the option of doing serial blood hcg tests! At least it will tell you whether the pregnancy is progressing well. I've resorted to doing urine pregnancy tests every 2-3 days just to make sure that the test line is getting darker. The 2 pregnancies that i tested daily and the lines began fading, i miscarried at 5 weeks. Hoping that this one sticks!

Me too, feels nauseous occasionally. And puked a couple of times. I bought the Anmum maternal powder milk and has been taking them. I feel it helps in keeping me full and im also assured that my body is getting the some sort of nutrients by drinking even tho I'm low on appetite.

However, milkpowder may cause heatiness so u may still need to drink plain water. If plain water makes u nauseous too, try to squeeze a few drops of lemon or organge in it? Vit C too!

Jiayou!

congrats mummy! i'm about 5 weeks pregnant now. and lunch time i had luncheon meat in my mala, is that going to be a problem ah? feel abit worried now.

Hi all! Congrats to all. Expecting my no.1 too! Just got my scan done yet. Everything is good! But went for the first scan when I'm in my week 4 as I have thyroid disorder. Dunno what I should do and all. So decided to go and have a random scan at Thomson Medical Clinic in Jurong east. but wasn't really comfortable with the doctor.

And I went to SL Goh at Mount Alvernia ytd. She is so experience and assuring. Really giving me a piece of mind after the check and scan. ;) Managed to know that my EDD is on the 1 march 2018. Haha.
was it a transvaginal scan ?

was it a transvaginal scan ?

Yup. I went twice to Thomson medical in Jurong west but couldn't detect anything as it was too early. Second time only can see a very very small black dot.

I had a scheduled appt with S L Goh during the 7+weeks. I'm glad that I went to her. Haha.

congrats mummy! i'm about 5 weeks pregnant now. and lunch time i had luncheon meat in my mala, is that going to be a problem ah? feel abit worried now.

Hi and welcome! I think should be alright. Just got to make sure the food you eat are fully cooked & maybe eat healthily. :D

Yup. I went twice to Thomson medical in Jurong west but couldn't detect anything as it was too early. Second time only can see a very very small black dot.

I had a scheduled appt with S L Goh during the 7+weeks. I'm glad that I went to her. Haha.

When I had the normal ultrasound at 5 weeks, it was just a small sac. Look like a tiny bubble. Haha, cannot see anything properly yet.

When I had the normal ultrasound at 5 weeks, it was just a small sac. Look like a tiny bubble. Haha, cannot see anything properly yet.

Yup. Can only see a very very small black dot. Haha. But I don't feel comfortable with that gynae because he asked weird questions. Hahaha. Already quite worrying. Then he still say things until like so scary? I cannot.

Ladies,
May I ask did your gynae give u any medication / supplements during the week 4-6 check up other than folic acid? For some reasons, I feel my gynae is too chill and I'm considered overage (36) for a 1st time mum. Thanks.

Hi. I posted my vitamins before afew pages back I think. Hope this helps!

Morning - CERENATE Gestacare x 1 (click to see the breakdown)

Ladies,
May I ask did your gynae give u any medication / supplements during the week 4-6 check up other than folic acid? For some reasons, I feel my gynae is too chill and I'm considered overage (36) for a 1st time mum. Thanks.

Nope. My gynae there is no need to take any other supplements other than folic acid during my first trimester. But during my 7weeks+, she prescribed me with b6 vitamins to reduce my nausea. :)

Hi Bejoyous,

My gf recommend me Dr Mary Yang as she had been going to her for her 3 kids. Her latest addition was 2 years ago.

Hi Bejoyous,

My gf recommend me Dr Mary Yang as she had been going to her for her 3 kids. Her latest addition was 2 years ago.
Hi Jazzmom ,

I'm also seeing Dr Mary Yang.
Find her normal delivery fee increase from $1500 (2015) to $3000 (2017 ).
I wonder if other gynae also charge this amount or not.

I have been taking multi vitamins before pregnancy and currently in my first trims and I am still taking it. For first trim usually gynae will give only folic acid due to multi vitamin is too big too swallow and only necessary from. Second trimester onwards.

Hi Jazzmom ,

I'm also seeing Dr Mary Yang.
Find her normal delivery fee increase from $1500 (2015) to $3000 (2017 ).
I wonder if other gynae also charge this amount or not.

Hi Stargirl2015,

I'm seeing Dr Suresh Nair from Mt Elizabeth Novena. Haven't asked them about the delivery fee and I know his clinic doesn't offer maternity package. His first consultation is $150 and subsequent is $100.

Went for my first consult but can't detect bb's heartbeat even though I'm 6 weeks 6 days on Monday. Praying that for the next scan will be able to detect bb's heartbeat.

Hi mummies!

It's my first pregnancy and i'm in my 8th week. Currently experiencing back aches and i can never find a suitable position to sleep in, keeps tossing and turning through the night. Thought of buying a pregnancy pillow but wanna ask if any mummies have tried them? Does it work? Oh and also does massages help? Just went for a traditional thai massage but told masseur to avoid lower back area. Not too sure if massages are good to go to during pregnancy.

Thanks mummies!

Tested positive on Thursday
Me too. I'm cautiously happy this second time round though, coz the first one didn't grow and miscarried naturally at about 6 weeks (size probably more like less than 4 weeks). Holding off visit to gynae till maybe week 7.

Ladies,

Hi there!
I guess different gynae adopts different styles. The first one I visited prescribed folic acid only. The second one I visited prescribed folic acid, DHA pills, prenantal multivitamins and calcium pills. Perhaps u can try asking your gynae if u require other prenatal supplements if u don't feel comfortable with just taking folic acid?

Hi mummies!

It's my first pregnancy and i'm in my 8th week. Currently experiencing back aches and i can never find a suitable position to sleep in, keeps tossing and turning through the night. Thought of buying a pregnancy pillow but wanna ask if any mummies have tried them? Does it work? Oh and also does massages help? Just went for a traditional thai massage but told masseur to avoid lower back area. Not too sure if massages are good to go to during pregnancy.

Thanks mummies!

Best not to go for massage till 2 be trimester and you got to make sure the masseuse knows your expecting.

Back