IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all,

I have called up KKH to check if I am to do medicated FET. So the Doctor has given me a green light to do as my last mense was 12 April 2017 (1st menses after ER) and until now I do not have any menses.

I will be collecting the medication and do my urine test tml.

The nurse told me that my 1st medication to induce the mense is called "Dyrogesteron 10mg". Anyone has been given this medication?

I read that this medication helps to induce mense and also help in preventing miscarriage.

But the side effect of this medication is quite horrible.

The nurse told me after this medication, my mense will be arriving in 5 to 7 days. Then I call KKH to arrange for FET to be done. However I'll need to take this medication called "progynova", is it in a gel form?

Hopefully everything will be fine and I'll be able to start my FET soon.

After my egg retrieval, my menses came faster than normal. But the following menses was super long to come (I think >45 days) but it did come eventually.

I was on 3x duphaston (its the Dyrogesteron 10mg) + 3x progynova + 2x3 uterogestran inserts EVERY DAY shortly before FET and for 2 weeks after. The pills are small and easy to swallow, and I didn't have major side effects. The only time I feel side effects is if if I eat the drugs on an empty stomach or near-empty stomach e.g. biscuits only, then I would feel like I am floating and on a medicated drug high which is irritating if I need to think and be sharp at work. I felt more tired some days but its manageable.

Suggestion: (1) make sure u eat something of a moderate volume before eating those drugs and u won't feel 'floating and high'. (2) take the night dosage literally just before you sleep. (3) take the day dosage after your morning caffeine (that is IF u decide to drink caffeinated drinks), then u won't feel so groggy coz the usual caffeine jolt + adrenaline of walking around and doing what needs to be done in the early workday will distract you.

Don't even think about eating those pills on an empty stomach. I floated for more than half an hour.

Got the call from KKH this afternoon, the blood test result was negative. Sigh. :(

Yes... don't give up... It was crushing when i got my BFN last year after my first IVF, but I realised that there were many things I wasnt doing right and it got me on the path to be healthier. So resolve to try and prepare your body for this, both mentally and physically. Focus on yourself first, build yourself first... Don't give up. This is part of the whole process.

I think as women who have decided to embark on IVF, we consciously make up our minds to go through protocols of injections, medicine and pain but we are stronger for it. We have been through months and years of pain while we see everyone else around us having babies so easily, some without even trying. But we are strong and we'll get through this.

You aren't alone Purple!

Yes... don't give up... It was crushing when i got my BFN last year after my first IVF, but I realised that there were many things I wasnt doing right and it got me on the path to be healthier. So resolve to try and prepare your body for this, both mentally and physically. Focus on yourself first, build yourself first... Don't give up. This is part of the whole process.

I think as women who have decided to embark on IVF, we consciously make up our minds to go through protocols of injections, medicine and pain but we are stronger for it. We have been through months and years of pain while we see everyone else around us having babies so easily, some without even trying. But we are strong and we'll get through this.

You aren't alone Purple!
Yup that's the right attitude!
Don't rush through after failed procedure
Tune the body first. If blood circulation is bad, improves it
Drink more ginger tea.
If womb or stomach always feel cold, go see tcm.
Consider mugwort moxibustion too because it warms the womb
N can do on certain area of the body too liked legs n knees n feet

Thank you ladies! Me and DH plan to take a 6 mth break to become healthier and lose more weight before trying again. We are both on the bigger side so he's concerned also if I get preggy now, I will be too heavy and suffer from the pregnancy.

After my egg retrieval, my menses came faster than normal. But the following menses was super long to come (I think >45 days) but it did come eventually.

I was on 3x duphaston (its the Dyrogesteron 10mg) + 3x progynova + 2x3 uterogestran inserts EVERY DAY shortly before FET and for 2 weeks after. The pills are small and easy to swallow, and I didn't have major side effects. The only time I feel side effects is if if I eat the drugs on an empty stomach or near-empty stomach e.g. biscuits only, then I would feel like I am floating and on a medicated drug high which is irritating if I need to think and be sharp at work. I felt more tired some days but its manageable.

Suggestion: (1) make sure u eat something of a moderate volume before eating those drugs and u won't feel 'floating and high'. (2) take the night dosage literally just before you sleep. (3) take the day dosage after your morning caffeine (that is IF u decide to drink caffeinated drinks), then u won't feel so groggy coz the usual caffeine jolt + adrenaline of walking around and doing what needs to be done in the early workday will distract you.

Don't even think about eating those pills on an empty stomach. I floated for more than half an hour.

Yes currently I am the medication to induce the menses. They ask me to call them once my menses arrive to start on the progynova pills (prepare for FET).

I also feel that the medication somehow makes me feel tired.

Now waiting for menses arrive to do scanning.

I feel that Medixated FET is easier to manage as we don't have to camp at the hospital to wait for ovulation to happen.

All we need to do is take medication, wait for menses and do the FET. Feel that it can save a lot of hassle and time.

Thank you ladies! Me and DH plan to take a 6 mth break to become healthier and lose more weight before trying again. We are both on the bigger side so he's concerned also if I get preggy now, I will be too heavy and suffer from the pregnancy.

Mine is tomorrow and I am so nervous.

Had some symptoms like twinges in my tummy and sore boobs but I took a HPT today and it was negative. I know they tell you not to do these things but I think it was the right thing to do. At least I had a day to be mentally prepared. I could spend my day crying today instead of tomorrow.

Think I'll just go grab some beer or wine tomorrow after it's done.

Mine is tomorrow and I am so nervous.

Had some symptoms like twinges in my tummy and sore boobs but I took a HPT today and it was negative. I know they tell you not to do these things but I think it was the right thing to do. At least I had a day to be mentally prepared. I could spend my day crying today instead of tomorrow.

Think I'll just go grab some beer or wine tomorrow after it's done.
jiayou. do update us. is this ur first fresh transfer?

I like to recommend TCM for those who are trying to conceive especially for IVF. Xia Rong physician from Eu Yan Sang (Paragon) has a very good reputation. She only comes to Singapore for five days a week (Tue to Sat), so be sure to book her time early. It is not cheap but if you follow diligently for a few months prior to IVF, I believe it will be worth it :)

Hi everyone, i need your advise. I failed fresh on April, Fet on June. Left 1 frozen blasto only. May i know what should i do and which is the best month to do transfer? I am considering Sept/ Oct but Sept i am afraid that my boss could not accept the fact i need to take HL and go through fet again. How you went through your next transfer cycle while working?

Hi everyone, i need your advise. I failed fresh on April, Fet on June. Left 1 frozen blasto only. May i know what should i do and which is the best month to do transfer? I am considering Sept/ Oct but Sept i am afraid that my boss could not accept the fact i need to take HL and go through fet again. How you went through your next transfer cycle while working?

I used to negotiate with my boss that I rest first week at home and the 2nd week I work from home. Then after a few times, I think she wasn't too happy also so I took one week of my annual leave to rest at home and go back to work. Should be fine. Coz if the embryo sticks, it would have stuck onto the lining by then

Reactions: cen

I asked for one week medical leave, went back to work on the second week.

Read on the internet that the 5 day old blastocyst sometimes already starts to hatch on the 5th day or the very next day, so 1 week after implantation procedure should be enough time for it to implant in the womb. Hence there are quite a few stories of BFP via HPT 5 - 7 days after blastocyst implantation

I also read some rare stories of 'late implantation' leading to late BFP, but it seems much less common.

Personally I think that working helps take my mind off the torturous tww and its not a bad idea to go back to work a bit earlier.

Good luck !

Question for the ladies with ivf embryos growing:

How often does your doctor order blood test? Is it every week?
What drugs and dosage did your doctor put u on after bfp?
Anybody spotting? I've been spotting on and off, rather worriedfor my 25 day old little embryo :( Seems like every day could be its last day. Or maybe spotting is normal? I have no idea, can't feel anything [thus everyday I dunno whether its dead or alive] except minor cramping and spotting now and then.

Sorry for being morbid.

Any ladies diagnosed w higher natural killer cells after the autoimmune system blood tests prescribed by Dr choolani/Sheila vasoo? I'm having difficulties w implantation after 2 failed Ivf. Just spent $2k plus on full suite of blood tests w dr Sheila.

Just wondering if my problem is really due to overactive immune system (higher natural killer cells) protecting me fr falling sick (I really seldom fall sick), should I stop all supplements and intentionally make my body weaker and maybe the embryos will implant?

Been trying actively for 3.5 years now and went through 1 iui and 2 failed Ivf fresh cycle. Wanna find out the cause before I go for my next cycle and use up my last round of grant.

Only thing I haven't tried is PGD to test quality of my froZen embryos but that costs a bomb and NUH and KKH are still waiting for approval.

No other apparent issues.

Anybody spotting? I've been spotting on and off, rather worriedfor my 25 day old little embryo :( Seems like every day could be its last day. Or maybe spotting is normal? I have no idea, can't feel anything [thus everyday I dunno whether its dead or alive] except minor cramping and spotting now and then.

Sorry for being morbid.
Spotting is not normal but also not uncommon. If red spotting do go o&g clinic for scan and jab. Did yr gync gave you pio jab? I lost mine on wk 8 after red spotting. Brown spotting should be fine but i still go see my gync for support jab on week 6.

Try to talk to yr boss so they can make arrangement for relief if necessary. I had 7-8 weeks mc almost continously cause ivf, spotting then mc. But maybe cause miscarrige so no one dare show buisong with me and sent me an hamper instead. Then i return work in may & told my boss i going for next fresh cycle in oct so he can make planning in adv.

If fet probably will go back work 2nd week or work from home if yr boss or company not profamily.

Spotting is not normal but also not uncommon. If red spotting do go o&g clinic for scan and jab. Did yr gync gave you pio jab? I lost mine on wk 8 after red spotting. Brown spotting should be fine but i still go see my gync for support jab on week 6.

Thanks. What is pio jab pls? Progesterone?

Suspect I might have UTI coz felt a burning sensation this morning. Still spotting brown but less spotting them yesterday. I NEVER get UTI in the past. Think I will visit the doc.

Uggghh pregnancy is tough - getting pregnant is not easy (and bloody expensive for us IVF ladies), carrying the embryo is difficult even though its just prob 3mm-5mm now. After BFP also dunno whether it will survive 9 mths. So much uncertainty.

How did my mother and embryo-me survive its a miracle I am walking the earth today :(

Any ladies diagnosed w higher natural killer cells after the autoimmune system blood tests prescribed by Dr choolani/Sheila vasoo? I'm having difficulties w implantation after 2 failed Ivf. Just spent $2k plus on full suite of blood tests w dr Sheila.

Just wondering if my problem is really due to overactive immune system (higher natural killer cells) protecting me fr falling sick (I really seldom fall sick), should I stop all supplements and intentionally make my body weaker and maybe the embryos will implant?

Been trying actively for 3.5 years now and went through 1 iui and 2 failed Ivf fresh cycle. Wanna find out the cause before I go for my next cycle and use up my last round of grant.

Only thing I haven't tried is PGD to test quality of my froZen embryos but that costs a bomb and NUH and KKH are still waiting for approval.

Hi babe, I was under Dr Sheila Vasoo previously and mine was thyroid autoimmune system. Yes, I hardly fall sick as well. That said, Dr Sheila also advised me not to take immunocal since I don't need to boost up my immune system any further.
My results was scarily high. Infact was x200 higher than the normal range. She put me on steroids (i.e.Prednisolone), aspirin & vit D. It came to be a chemical pregnancy. But we were secretly happy coz that was the closest we can get after so many failure. So for the next cycle, she increased my sterorids dosage and I managed to BFP. I also did endo scratching for the cycle. Previously I failed 7 IUI/SO-IUI, 2 fresh and 1 natural FET despite having good embryos and perfect lining. I also had implantation issues. Oh, and I feel acupuncture helps.

So you might wish to discuss with Dr Sheila what are the options. The last resort she will then suggest IVIG but this is provided that all else fails coz it's really expensive for the infusion.

umm... I don't think PGD will help with implantation. it will be more meaningful if your embryo quality is poor or need to test for chromosome issues.
what blood tests did dr Sheila prescribe? I just did 6 tests with kkh so wanna compare.

Thanks. What is pio jab pls? Progesterone?

Suspect I might have UTI coz felt a burning sensation this morning. Still spotting brown but less spotting them yesterday. I NEVER get UTI in the past. Think I will visit the doc.

Uggghh pregnancy is tough - getting pregnant is not easy (and bloody expensive for us IVF ladies), carrying the embryo is difficult even though its just prob 3mm-5mm now. After BFP also dunno whether it will survive 9 mths. So much uncertainty.

How did my mother and embryo-me survive its a miracle I am walking the earth today :(

Yeah Progesterone Jab

If medicated Fet its much easier..just take the tablet daily morning till lining thick den Et den Hl till Bt..i went ahead working.sort of working keepin ur mind preocupied and not thinkin too much.After Et i took 6days leave stay home only a day and rest of leave i go out window shopping.and then proceed working till bt.thus no time to google for symptom.after working keep watching running man funny episodes.laugh laugh laugh.diet din reali control.sometimes indulge in fast food restaurant.

Due to 2 days of brown spotting and fear of UTI I went to Dr Chieng today. Kena another progesterone jab, and a scan.

He said my hormone levels are not ideal, got to do daily progesterone jab. And blood test again tmw. Sigh :(

But my recent blood test just this Wed i.e. yesterday, Day 25, was HCG 7760 and Progesterone 18. The nurse said it was normal range. I checked internet also seems normal range.

Sigh. But I will follow instructions and turn up for jab. The progesterone jab still aches now. Feeling Suay....

Anybody with endo/adeno has tried different protocols and medication? Which one works best for you?

I did one fresh long protocol with Puregon and despite having 15 eggs, only 1 was normally fertilized. I got my son from the transfer though.

I'm doing another fresh next month and was wondering if Gonal-F or Menopur will yield better quality eggs and if the protocol will make a difference.

Sorry for being morbid.

Try think positive.

I was having bright red bleeding with clots in week 6. Scan turned out ok.

Subsequently weeks 7 & 8 on off spotting. Scans were also ok.

Doc said it's quite common for ivf cases to bleed unexplainably. Asked me to observe for unusual cramps tho.

And no more blood tests, only the first one to determine beta level.

Hi Ladies,

I've just started my 2nd fresh cycle. This time round, Dr THH put me on Gonal-F and Menopur. Has anyone tried using both injections before? The last round I only used Gonal-F and I have 9 follicles in my 1st scan, but this cycle after using both Gonal-F and Menopur, I only have 4 follicles in my 1st scan. Hope the quality is good since there's no quantity for this cycle.

Sorry for being morbid.

i get how you feel. i think everyone is just as jittery. there is only one blood test about 18 days after embryo transfer. they would ask you to get more dydrogesterone and folic acid if you are tested positive. ur total bill would come about a week after that. and first scan for heartbeat about one month after transfer. thats when they would close your ivf case.

Try think positive.

I was having bright red bleeding with clots in week 6. Scan turned out ok.

Subsequently weeks 7 & 8 on off spotting. Scans were also ok.

Doc said it's quite common for ivf cases to bleed unexplainably. Asked me to observe for unusual cramps tho.

And no more blood tests, only the first one to determine beta level.

Thanks for sharing. Glad to know I am not alone in the spotting and its not necessarily a nightmare scenario

After the megadose of progesterone yesterday (200mg injection) I became inexplicably more 'teary'. And my butt hurts where they jabbed. But the progesterone worked to reduce the spotting. Cramping a lot today but very little spotting except for one single bright red clot.

I went for Yet Another Blood Test today, and HCG levels were okay at 11354 on Day 27 (so the embryo is still alive phew). Progesterone level was 197 and the clinic said.... I have to keep on injecting progesterone until my scan on Tuesday. Then they jabbed my other butt with 100mg progesterone :( So its going to be injection right butt left butt right butt etc until Tuesday. Sighhhhh.

Anyway ladies who are gg thru FET cycle, pls note general info: There is NO 'corpus luteum' present due to the FET process, hence the stability of the uterus lining is sustained by all those manmade progesterone pills and inserts. Therefore, must faithfully take the progesterone pills and inserts especially if u BFP

(Corpus Luteum is a gland in the ovary that secretes progesterone in early pregnancy. In a naturally conceived pregnancy the corpus luteum is present to secrete progesterone)

I suspect that in my case my system expells the inserts super fast (I see them clump on the pantiliner!) and maybe I metabolise the oral progesterone fast so... low progesterone levels. Then no choice got to inject and inject, which is damn disruptive to my work, and my butt :(

Hi Ladies,

I've just started my 2nd fresh cycle. This time round, Dr THH put me on Gonal-F and Menopur. Has anyone tried using both injections before? The last round I only used Gonal-F and I have 9 follicles in my 1st scan, but this cycle after using both Gonal-F and Menopur, I only have 4 follicles in my 1st scan. Hope the quality is good since there's no quantity for this cycle.
i was on both gonal f and menopur. its normal to worry about number of follicles like i did, but the quality of the eggs is what matters. good luck!

Thanks for sharing. Glad to know I am not alone in the spotting and its not necessarily a nightmare scenario

After the megadose of progesterone yesterday (200mg injection) I became inexplicably more 'teary'. And my butt hurts where they jabbed. But the progesterone worked to reduce the spotting. Cramping a lot today but very little spotting except for one single bright red clot.

I went for Yet Another Blood Test today, and HCG levels were okay at 11354 on Day 27 (so the embryo is still alive phew). Progesterone level was 197 and the clinic said.... I have to keep on injecting progesterone until my scan on Tuesday. Then they jabbed my other butt with 100mg progesterone :( So its going to be injection right butt left butt right butt etc until Tuesday. Sighhhhh.

Anyway ladies who are gg thru FET cycle, pls note general info: There is NO 'corpus luteum' present due to the FET process, hence the stability of the uterus lining is sustained by all those manmade progesterone pills and inserts. Therefore, must faithfully take the progesterone pills and inserts especially if u BFP

(Corpus Luteum is a gland in the ovary that secretes progesterone in early pregnancy. In a naturally conceived pregnancy the corpus luteum is present to secrete progesterone)

I suspect that in my case my system expells the inserts super fast (I see them clump on the pantiliner!) and maybe I metabolise the oral progesterone fast so... low progesterone levels. Then no choice got to inject and inject, which is damn disruptive to my work, and my butt :(
wow 11354 sounds like a lot on day 27. i was 861.4 on day 18. how often do they test?

wow 11354 sounds like a lot on day 27. i was 861.4 on day 18. how often do they test?

This is my 4th blood test:
- blood test before tww was over, coz i tested positive via hpt but was spotting
-blood test at tww
- blood test coz spotting
- blood test again coz spotting

Basically I kept running to the doc coz of spotting and so he keeps testing blood to check HCG and progesterone levels

HCG doubles every 48h or so, I think your HCG would reach similar levels soon

- blood test before tww was over, coz i tested positive via hpt but was spotting
-blood test at tww

Basically I kept running to the doc coz of spotting and so he keeps testing blood to check HCG and progesterone levels

congrats to your positive bfp. its a milestone to achieve.

can share what happens as in what happens after bfp at doctors side. types of medicine,jabs to expect,frequency..just wanted to know and keep for reference in case 1 day i can be as lucky as to hit a bfp and know what to expect. is jabbing progerstorone and inserting progesterone need to be done everyday?

-blood test at tww

oh dear. i havent gone to doctor at all when i have spotting

Not supposed to, but I dig these clumps out every day or max 2 days apart. I figured if they're clogging up the vagina, the new gel that I insert will not be absorbed by the body since it doesn't even come into contact with my vagina walls.

can share what happens as in what happens after bfp at doctors side. types of medicine,jabs to expect,frequency..just wanted to know and keep for reference in case 1 day i can be as lucky as to hit a bfp and know what to expect. is jabbing progerstorone and inserting progesterone need to be done everyday?

Depends on the hospital you're with.

I'm with NUH, so there's the additional twice weekly progesterone jab compared to the other hospitals.

The standard prescription is to continue crinone insert and progynova every day.

Nah, the progesterone jab is only if the progesterone blood levels are not to the Doc's satisfaction.

In my case, the meds after bfp were initially exactly the same as what doc prescribed during tww: progynova, duphaston, folic, utrogestuan inserts. Unfortunately I kept spotting so I did recurrent blood tests, the doc said prog level in blood is low, so I got to inject prog and cannot rely on the utrogestuan inserts anymore.

So now these are my daily meds now: progynova, duphaston, folic, progesterone injection. The injection is to the butt, cannot self inject

For kkh continue ur progynova tablet,duphaston tablet if have spotting before they will increase this dose,and folic acid.progestrone jab if u spot or bleed den kkh will give.i tink crinone gel stopped once bfp because they substitue with duphaston.cant rmb.gdluck.may one day be the day..

Hi sisters,

I would like to encourage all who are trying to continue trying!

After 5 attempts (3 fresh 2 fet), I finally bfp. HCG on 18dpo with 2 day5 blastocyst is 3900+. 1st time bfp, with such a high reading somemore.

For this round of fresh, I was given gonalF +menopur. Achieved my best results so far as it's my 1st time being able to cultivate to blastocyst.

After trf, was prescribed aspirin, duphaston and folic acid, with crinone inserts. After blood test, stopped the inserts but continued all the oral meds.

Continue fighting on everyone!

Nah, the progesterone jab is only if the progesterone blood levels are not to the Doc's satisfaction.

In my case, the meds after bfp were initially exactly the same as what doc prescribed during tww: progynova, duphaston, folic, utrogestuan inserts. Unfortunately I kept spotting so I did recurrent blood tests, the doc said prog level in blood is low, so I got to inject prog and cannot rely on the utrogestuan inserts anymore.

So now these are my daily meds now: progynova, duphaston, folic, progesterone injection. The injection is to the butt, cannot self inject
greenleaf and all who have replied,thank you very much. so its not always need to injection. i thought from e post need to inject to 3 months,very glad to hear its not. hopefully i can ever see this bfp stage 1 day.. all e best to you all n smooth full term to each of u

Last edited:

Back