Review on my confinement nanny

GavDad

Mummies and daddies, please think twice for this confinment nanny (CN), Su Lan from Penang (SG number is XXXX 6937) if you want to hire her.

1) Upfront laid down my expectations for her to cook well for my wife and nourish her for the 1 month and she said no problem. All mommies tend to be very hungry when they just delivered especially when they need to BF the baby. In the end, she woke up late every morning around 9am and my wife only get to eat her breakfast at 10am. Complained hungry to me a few times. Later, my Mother in law took over to prepare breakfast for my Wife. My wife questioned her if she treat the same way with other mummies and she told her that the mummy usually wake up late n she only cook brunch or if hungry, drink Milo and biscuit. Come on, my wife has to BF the baby so how could she only has 2 meals a day!

2) The CN claim to eat simple food like porridge as she has no appetite when she is busy attending to the newborn and my wife. Wow, she turn out to be a big eater. My mum cook lunch and dinner for the family including CN and she can complain that the dishes are not tasty. Worst still, she can search my cabinets for food and just ate it without asking. Sometimes, she can prepare snacks in between meals. And when I came home late for dinner, she has the nerve to ask my mum if she needs to keep the fish for me (as she like fish) knowing that I am coming home for dinner.

3) She also prepares her food very hastily. My mum told her to wash the veges throughly and boil the Mee Sua in hot water before cooking it as the Mee Sua is quite salty. And she can stare at my mum in a stern look.

I thought I can find a experienced CN to take care of my wife and newborn since I have a helper at home to take care of washing but turns out the CN is just cooking that 2 meals for the day and at least she take care of the newborn.

My rating of her is 5/10. For your consideration.

Back