Domestic worker sleeping in living room?

corinne22

Hi, I am about 2 months away from my EDD and my 14 months Filipino helper decided to play me out by citing family problems and need to return home soon.

With that, I have actively searched for a replacement and of course I want Filipino helper still since they are clean with their hygiene and fluent in English. However, I realised that helpers are very fussy nowadays. Quite a few turned down my jobs due to my coming newborn baby and many requested for this and that.

I have kept a very transparent communication by telling them that there will be a newborn baby coming and baby will be primarily taken care by my mother who will be staying with us during weekdays. But of course, I need to set a higher expectation that in the event that we need her to help out, she must be prepared. Candidate seems ok but I am still skeptical.

Then, comes another problem... Where she sleeps.
My current helper shares the same bedroom as my elder child and sleeps on the floor with a mattress. I plan to have my newborn baby in my master bedroom with me. But I have looked far ahead when my baby can turn and need to sleep on the floor with mattress - maybe 8-12 months? So I decided to be frank and tell the candidate that she will sleep in the living from start - so that she don't feel so downgraded if we put her in room and then living room.

Now, agent ask me to consider if we can make the living room more privacy for her to sleep at night.... Like setting up curtains or stuff like that. Also, I have a webcam cctv in a corner of living room which was already installed when we first move in so that we can monitor who enters the door and the general happening in living / dining area.

Can anybody advise how do they tackle with such problem?
I am staying in a new BTO 4 room flat = 3 bedrooms + 2 toilets.
But I have hacked one room in order to have a study room - ie. master bedroom plus common room together.
Therefore, I am only left with technically 2 bedrooms - ie. master bedroom and child's room.

I am really tight on space and this candidate is ex-Saudi Arabia for 2 years. She had the luxury of her own room and cabinets so I worry that she may mind my suggestion of sleeping in living room and using a tower of Toyogo plastic drawers.

OMG, I am so helpless! :..(

Back