Help!!! Milk Rash or Eczema?

daphnesee

Hi to all mummies! I'm new to this forum!
Had my DS on Feb 09 and am having some problems with his skin now. I noticed he has some rashes around his chin and cheeks, recently it seems to have spread to one of his ears. I wonder if this is milk rash or eczema?? He is always very excited during feeding and tends to have milk all over his face at times. Not sure if this could have been caused due to the milk not being cleaned off properly from his face? I brought him to the doc before and he did not mention anything about eczema but i'm getting worried that it may be. He also tend to rub his eyes and nose causing red patch which goes away in a few minutes, not sure if he is scratching because of the rash itchiness or he's "scratching" cos he's tired? Please help!!

Hi daphne
I'm having the same problem with my DD. She has rashes on her forehead, cheeks, parts of her neck since last week. At first we thought that it could be due to milk or heat rash, infact acne etc..but it didn't go away. So we brought her to see the pd yesterday and the dr said that it's due to bacterial infection and prescribed antibiotic cream. Also dr mentioned that it could possibly lead to eczema in the future but we won't know yet. Sigh we are monitoring her condition right now. Hope it clears up soon.

hi i had the same problem too. it turned out my baby was allergic to cow's milk (which was really strange as she was on mamex gold since birth & suddenly got allergic to it at 2 mths old!).

we switched her to NAN HA milk & her rashes/eczema went away. You gotta explore all possibilities for the cause. We tried wiping her face after each feed, changing her mattress cover frequently, making her drink water/bailey water/jin yin hua & putting a lot of moisturiser on her. Finally managed to nail down the problem.

My boy had eczema problem at about 3rd month. I switched him to NAN HA milk and apply mouisturiser/cream frequently. His condition improved a lot since then but i am not sure if the NAN HA or the cream help more.

Hi, I have 2 bottles of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (473ml) for sale at $14 each. This cleanser is recommended for baby's daily bath by the paediatrician, and I overstocked on it.

The Cetaphil website describes this product as "recommended by Dermatologists for years for people with special skin needs like acne, rosacea, or eczema because of its gentleness. Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser is gentle enough for children, teens and adults. "

Expires in Oct 2009, collection at Kovan station only, interested parties please PM me.

Hi, just to share my experience. When i gave birth to my child a year ago, she experienced redness and rashes like on her skin and cheeks. I brought her to the doctor and he said the same thing too. Probably, due to eczema or the environment where the my child was sleeping in.

I asked around and found out that probably the mattress which my child is sleeping on is dirty due to dust mites and stuff. By the way, dust mites do cause redness and itchiness to one's skin. My friend recommended me a multi-purpose vacuum cleaner brand Delphine. The salesman came down and did the demo. When he showed me the amount of dust on my baby's mattress, i was shocked.

I bought the Delphine multi-purpose vacuum cleaner and surprisingly, the redness on my child's skin slowly dissappear.

This Delphine brand is a water based solution with no filters at all. Unlike other brands which i inquired, they all use filters and the filters must be changed regularly and its costly and me and my husband is not that rich. It uses a german technology to seperate the dirt from the clean air. It can purify the air, clean my house and remove dust mites from my mattresses. Its a very good machine.

If any fellow mothers are interested, tell me. I can help you pass the salesman number.

My boy has tendencey for eczema too. No matter what you do, the tendency is there. Just keep his face clean, wash him in non-soap wash like cetaphil and you MUST moisturise, with non perfume, sensitive skin moisturiser. I recommend QV lotion, no need to buy super bombastic expensive stuff. once in a while he may have a flare up to so. He's getting better now, still has redness in his arm creases.

Hi ML

Where can I buy QV lotion from in Singapore and how much does it cost? My newborn is also developing some kind of dermatitis/eczema condition on his face, ear and neck. My heart pain ah....

hi cmeilim,

maybe you can try calendula cream from california baby? coz that's what we're using now for my bb & it works.

You can get it from BP selling abt $17. Best part is, it's all natural. Better than those steroid cream lor.

Everytime my bb gets a flare up i faster put the cream & it'll heal in a few days. Even cuts/scratches from her nails also can use. Very good cream.

Hi,
My bb also has the same problem. Brought to 2 PDs, who said pretty different things. 1st PD (cause bb PD too busy and I was anxious) didn't say what it was, just said maybe eczema or seborric dermatitis or maybe milk rash. Gave a steroid cream and a moisturiser.
Brought to bb PD during his vaccine round and this PD says its infantal acne, and that there is no need to put steroid on it. I should go away by 3-4 months time. It will keep coming back even if it clears. Says most BBs get it.

I really dun know what to do to make them go away. Seeing her face only makes me sad.

I also have Delphine at home. Question to Mabel: do you use it to vacuum the BB mattress or to purify the air?

Hello

i bought qv lotion and used it for a while. it didn't work. the dry flaky skin on my baby's cheeks and the reddish bumpy rash on his neck persisted, and the cradle cap on his eyebrows kept recurring. my PD also said that it's infant acne and it will subside when baby is 4-6 months old. he said i could use the steroid cream (which a previous PD prescribed) for his neck if i wish.

but which mummy will have the heart to see her baby wear a 'marred' face for so many months? so i bought california baby calendula cream from a bulk purchase and it's worked amazingly well. the cradle cap on his eyebrows have not returned for a week. the rash on his neck does not look so reddish any more. his cheeks are back to being clear and satiny smooth. i am so happy!

alvee: perhaps you can also try california baby. PM me if you want to know contact info for the bulk purchase.

i believe the above already hv their problems solved, but in case anyone else has the same prob, this is my experience:

my baby has red patches on his 2 cheeks up till abt 3 mths old. initially i tried applying california baby calendula cream n also, at the advice of my mum, every morn when i wake up, b4 brushung teeth, spit some saliva n apply on baby's face. disgusting, but it really helps.

later on, during a visit to PD, she said it's eczema n gave me steroid cream, which i decided not to use.

then i went back to my usual PD, n he gave "Dr Atopeace" moisturiser. it works!! of course i also clean my baby's face a few times a day. sorry i dunno where u can purchase this cream as i got it fr my PD.

Hi ladies

I was searching for some help and chance upon this thread.

My gal has some rashes in the neck and not on the face like some of you. The rashes look red and blotchy, not scaly. Not sure if it is milk rash, abrasion (she turns her head every now and then to scan her environment) or heat rash. I 've tried calamine lotion. Initially it works but they came back 2 days later. Hope it is not fungi infection.

Will the Calendula cream work in my case? N how to tell rashes from ecezma? How does ecezma or milk rash look like? Any pics for ref?

When my boy had eczema at his 6 month old, my PD prescribe steroid cream and topicream. The steroid cream does help a bit but we couldn't apply it for a long period of time as it has side effects on skin. Thus, I stopped using it and tried on California baby cream, i used both Calendula and Aloe vera cream and also switch my boy to Nestle NAN HA formula. Ever since then, his condition is getting better and I have been continuing with Calendula cream after bathe even though there is no flare up with the intention to keep his skin moisturized.

hi mommies... where to get calendula cream... vaseline and petroleum jelly helps?? my baby blotchy face only occurs after ceral feeding...

Dear Moms,

My girl's eczema sees so bad,, and it has rough patches and some area of the skin has even darkened ...

Any moisturers or shower cream to recommend ?

wHICH PD do you mummies think is good

Hi Moms,

My girl had been suffering from rashes on and off since birth. But the doctor say that it's not eczema. Her face, body, legs and even hands is so itchy that she cannot stop scratching. Her arms was even torn due to scratching.

Doctor said her skin is too dry that causes all this problem. But the cream that she prescribe doesnt help my girl at all. So i approached another doc and she said the same thing too..

Anyone knows how to stop her from all those itch? Really hurts to see her scratching here and there..and where to buy that canlendula cream?

Not sure if this is any help. But eczema usually occurs at the "bends" eg. inner/ outer elbow, behind the knee cap, behind the ears, on the neck. This is my experience as I personally has eczema.

I dunno where to find california calendula cream in the retail stores but u can find them in the bulk purchase threads.

Hi ladies

I was searching for some help and chance upon this thread.

My gal has some rashes in the neck and not on the face like some of you. The rashes look red and blotchy, not scaly. Not sure if it is milk rash, abrasion (she turns her head every now and then to scan her environment) or heat rash. I 've tried calamine lotion. Initially it works but they came back 2 days later. Hope it is not fungi infection.

Will the Calendula cream work in my case? N how to tell rashes from ecezma? How does ecezma or milk rash look like? Any pics for ref?

cant seem to upload the photo but here is the link for milk rash http://lunar.thegamez.net/lactosene...s-face-in-the-kidfolio-alt12-apps-640x640.jpg and this is for eczema http://www.healthline.com/hlcmsreso...tures/285x285_Psoriasis_vs_Eczema_Slide_5.jpg

My boy had eczema at 3 months old, mostly concentrated at the neck area. Doc said it was atopic dermatitis. tried calendula cream, but wasn't too effective. I tried emu oil which was what i used when i was younger (i suffered from eczema), and it was more effective. you can look into this fb vid i found

hello ladies my niece have eczema and her mom, my sis gave her reserve and luminesce serum for the scars from over the years of scabs and it became manageable some scars gone. Im a member of the company I can get at wholesale price for you if you want to try.
totally worth it. Not selling or promoting in anyway just mainly sharing personal experience

Back