CONFINEMENT NANNY!

choo

Hi,

Need recommendation for good confinemnt nannies who can work from mid Jan 2008.It is quite close to CNY but I really hope can have some good recommendations.

Kindly PM me.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have CL to recommend. Do email to me at [email protected]
happy.gif

For sharing,

Those who wanted to employ chinese day time confinement nanny and meanwhile are thinking of hiring a massue.

I would like to recon mdm lee, i've employ her for my 28days confinement and she cooks good tonic soup and most important is she only charge $1.5k for day time service comparing to the 2k PEM nanny.

Btw, an additional $300 for 7days massage during the confinement can be requested.

Can sms her (98427964), she is a m'sian but come over to visit her daugther.

Have to arrange early as her schedule is always pack and only cover marine parade and tanjung rhu,this is one bad thing for others who no stay in this area.

Hi all.. my mum is a confinement lady. She is fanatistic in cooking confinement food. She knows how to cooks the "hong zhao" aka red wine chicken soup or noodle and other confinement food.
* Hakka also have HOng zhao. But i personally think hockchew style nicer.

Anyway, my granny makes the red wine so no need to headache where to find red wine for her to cook for u.

The only thing is .. she dun stay overnite. AND she is a SIngaporean.

She is current in the US doing confinement.. will be back this month end.. If interested.. leave me a PM and I will forward ur numbers to her.. or u can sms her @ 8189 3393.

u all no need to pay levy and all for those looking for confinement nanny.. she is singaporean.

P.S. I dun earn any commission.. but she is really good.. she does my confinement..

Hi Mummies,

Does anyone need a Malaysian Live-In Confinement Lady?

I have a very good confinement lady to recommend.
I am using her now for my confinement.

She takes care of my newborn girl and my family very well, very attentive.

She cooks very well. (I love her soups)
Has a warm & friendly personality, getting along very well with everyone in the family.

Most importantly she is flexible, not the rigid type.

Able to communicate in Mandarin, Cantonese & Hakka.

Interested, please feel free to contact 凤姐 directly at 83781262 / +60162244038

Regards
happy.gif

I'm looking for a good Daytime confinement lady for 3 weeks as my EDD is end Jan. During CNY period my hubby will take over. I live in Aljunied area.
Please recommend if you know of any?

Hi all.. my mum is a confinement lady. She is fanatistic in cooking confinement food. She knows how to cooks the "hong zhao" aka red wine chicken soup or noodle and other confinement food.
* Hakka also have HOng zhao. But i personally think hockchew style nicer.

Anyway, my granny makes the red wine so no need to headache where to find red wine for her to cook for u.

The only thing is .. she dun stay overnite. AND she is a SIngaporean.

She just came back from US after doing confinement for other people mid of this year.. If interested.. leave me a PM and I will forward ur numbers to her.. or u can sms her @ 8189 3393.

u all no need to pay levy and all for those looking for confinement nanny.. she is singaporean.

P.S. I dun earn any commission.. but she is really good.. she does my confinement..

Hi ladies,

My auntie, Irene, is an experienced confinement nanny. She is very caring and can cook very well. If anyone of you need a great helper, pls contact her at 8150 4133 or +6019 7070 897. Thank you.

Blacklist Confinement Nanny - PAY SIEW HUAY
Please do NOT hire this confinement nanny named PAY SIEW HUAY (Siew Wah) from malaysia. She has a bad attitude, rude, lazy and is very rough with the baby. Totally unprofessional and not properly trained. Being in confinement, I've fallen sick several times and had diarrhoea 3 times. Had terrible engorgement due to her untrained advice on breastfeeding. Her method of looking after baby and mother is just not right and not in today's context, too much myth and etc. Messed up my whole house and kitchen is so dirty, she doesn't clean up after cooking. Unhygienic with food and etc. She has done uncountable unprofessional, harmful and horrible things. She also use and feed certain chinese medication on the baby without my permission and knowledge. Here are just a few things I am mentioning, but there're so much more to what she has done that is unbelievable and totally uncalled for. To cut the whole story short, please just do not take this risk to hire her or you'll regret and have the most stressful confinement month with sleepless nights worrying about the baby and yourself as I had this extremely bad experience with her and I'll definitely not hire her for my next baby in future.

I had a wonderful and great confinement nanny who was very clean and hygienic with my baby, took very good care of her and dotes on babies. She is very experience.

She is fantastic in cooking confinement foods and was also flexible with the menu on days when I got tired of confinement food. You can feedback to her about her foods if is too salty or not salty enough or etc, she will adjust it to your liking ;) I love her foods ;)
She will cook more if your family members are having the meal
happy.gif

She takes care of my newborn girl and my family very well, very attentive. She has warm & friendly personality, getting along very well with everyone in the family.

Most importantly she is flexible, not the rigid type.

When I wanted her to do certain things my way, I only need to inform her once, she will remember and follow
happy.gif
very impress with her ;)

Her service is excellent. She always knows what I want and what I need, eg. After Breastfeeding, normally I will feel thirsty or hungry, she will always serve me hot drinks or food before I even ask
happy.gif

Few of my friends who had her for their confinement are very satisfied with her
happy.gif
Thumbs up for her
happy.gif

We all who had her, really had a wonderful, happy and relax confinement months
happy.gif

Interested, please feel free to let me know ;) don PM me… just drop me an email at [email protected] or can call me at 9090 3019

Hi all, please beware of CL auntie Kiew. I'm currently engaging her as my CL and so far the experience is very bad. I hope to share my experience here so nobody will continue to employ her. She is not fit to be in this line.

She claimed that she has 5 years experience as CL but she doesn't cook the traditional confinement dishes.

Has anybody heard of eating fried bee hoon or fried rice during confinement? Has anybody heard of drink leftover soup from the night before for confinement? No! And when my MIL confronted her of such absurdities, she was very defensive and claimed that what she cooks, I should just eat. She also said that others before me also just eat whatever.

Not only that, she is very stubborn and refuses to listen to others opinion. When we specifically told her not to add such and such ingredients into my confinement food, she still put. When we confronted her, she claimed it is ok and refused to just follow our ways.

She is also very sneaky when it comes to money. Can you imagine, so far we have spent close to $400 on food marketing when it is only day 8 into my confinement.
Day 1: She went with my husband to get some groceries from ntuc as market was closed. Not sure how much she spent.
Day 3: She used up close to $150 to buy 1 week of food.
Day 6: she claimed that the food can only last a day more so she needs to go to market. When asked,"Haven't you already bought a week of food the other day?" she claimed that because I requested her to cook hearty breakfast and lunch so now not enough food. So I gave my sis-in-law $300 to accompany her. In d end she used close to $200. When I asked her what she bought, she just said, fish, meat, and vege. I asked her how long the food can last. She said about 6 days. I wonder how come food for 1 person for 6 days can chalk up $200? She still said fish not enough need to buy somemore in 2 days' time?!!?

When my MIL asked her about the bills, she grew very aggressive and heated argument with my MIL. If she has clear conscience, she would have just told outright exactly what she bought...

She is also very lazy just want to do things easy way. When I first suggested use cloth nappy for my boy she gave many excuses, say poo will cause bum to rot la, diff to wash the stain off cloth nappy la, etc etc. So we ended up using disposable diapers. But my MIL wanted me to insist she use cloth diapers so I told her to use. She gave me a black face. Even then, she doesn't check on baby regularly to monitor poo or pee. I always have to check and then tell her myself. She doesn't wash up the dirty cloth nappy immediately or even when she has time. She will soak to the next day afternoon to do the washing. Sometimes she will just throw in the nappy together w my laundry into the washing machine, no doubt to have easier job...

Other cLs will cook hot soupy food for breakfast and confinement set meal for lunch and dinner. But she expects me to eat bread and milo or cereal for breakfast. And lunch she will cook one dish of friend rice or bee hoon, or just a soupy noodle dish. No doubt easy job for her, but hardly confinement food...

So pls beware of employing her. She is a glib talker but doesn't do as much as she talks. Now I have to send her back and look for other plans, barely a week into my confinement. Pls dun walk in my shoes...

Hi all,

Just want to check if u sack ur CL, are u required to pay them in full?

I read somewhere that these CL will demand u to pay them in full.

i wanted to sack my CL cos she was doing a terrible job, but she volunteered to leave before i managed to ask her to go. i pro-rate and paid her remaining.

yep i truly understand. i was caught in that position too. worried tat CL would harm baby if offended. so make sure u watch her pack and go immediately once u've decided to ask her to leave.

Hi I am a first time mother looking for a confinement nanny for 4 weeks to help with baby, cooking and cleaning baby clothes. I will need her to help teach me how to take care of baby as well as my new helper.

My Estimated due date is Feb 28, 2011. My dr says i might have to have a c-section so could be as early as feb 14th, 2011. I would like CF to be English speaking. I have a very confortable guest bedroom with bathroom for her to stay and use.

I live off Oxley rise and Killiney road which is very convenient location.

You can have her email me or call me at 9109-6332.

Thank you for your help.

Angelica Rougeron

Hi dear mummies can u guy give mi advise .
Does the confinement wash your panty ? As she don't want to wash n pass it to my maid ( as organize she wash all mine one n bb ones ) and the breast pump in the middle of the night who shld wash it ? I shld wake her up or maid ? And seen that she is not waking up every three hrs in the midnight she said my bb slp no need wake him up. My confinment lady so automatic ask my maid to turn on tv for her and even ask my maid to drink the soup!!she nv tell me what can do or what cannot do all is I ask her want. I on the 3rd days I've bath Liao . She boil the herb for me . And wash hair tell me after 1mth. I at hm use fan use aircon she also nv say anything . Pls advise which one is correct which one is wrong.

Hi all

Am currently into my 3rd week of confinement and thought i'd thank my confinement lady for her help so far by recommending her services. She's called Aunty Bi Ai from Malaysia. Communicates mostly in Mandarin, Teochew or Cantonese. While she can understand English, she isn't too fluent in it.

The pertinent points below:
1. Supportive of breastfeeding. Willing to bring me baby every 3 hours, even at night if i ask for her. Helps with feeding baby formula milk as supplement after that.

2. Handles baby lovingly, gently and patiently. Can see that baby feels secure when she handles her. Sometimes, she has to carry baby till 3+am when baby is fretful! No complaints!

3. Cooks for my family of 5, lunch and dinner. Granted she doesn't do much housework like mopping of floor in baby room as we have a domestic helper. But it does show that she's a give and take person, which is quite important for me! I'd not want to have a confinement lady who's very calculative!

4. While she has her own practices, she is willing to adapt to my request for certain things (which may not be the best afterall since it's mostly textbook teachings from TMC which can't be applied wholesale).

5. I have several dogs at home - she's not one who's afraid of them and will sometimes play with them. This may be helpful to dog owners?
happy.gif

No nonsense of getting to work during her first day before receiving an ang pao etc. Neither did she make unreasonable requests like having to charge extra for climbing up and down the stairs many many times a day, an extra fee i was quoted by some CLs when they heard it's a double storey place!

As she's going to be with me till 28 Oct, feel free to PM me or drop me an email at [email protected] if you'd like to speak with her/meet up with her before that.

And no, i am certainly not earning any commission from this! Just thought potential mummies might find it helpful to have one more reference.
happy.gif

Cheers

Hi,

beware of aunt SHU HUA from TANJUNG PINANG Indonesia. Infront of you, she seemslike a hardworking, good personality, etc etc...

Initially i was very happy with her working attitude but i did not know all these are only fake attitude!
i even tried to post good comments on forum for her & tried to help her to get new customer.

Who knows at my back she bad mouthing me. At my back she said:

1) HER PREVIOUS EMPLOYER ALWAYS BUY HER BREAKFAST EVERYMORNING & MY HUSBAND DID NOT BUY HER ANY BREAKFAST.
I thought we paid confinement lady to serve us & not the other way round.

2) SHE CLAIM SHE REJECTED MY REQUEST FOR HER TO EXTEND ANOTHER 2 WEEKS.
she told my maid she rejected my request to extend another 2 more weeks. By the way, i have NEVER ask her to extend. My mum ask me to extend her for another 2 weeks, I told my mum dont need to. The the CL ask me whether I want to extend her for another 2 weeks, i told her no, thanks. But what she said at my bback is different.

3) SHE EXPECTED 2 ANG PAOS (1 when she arrived & the other one when she depart). I only gave her 1 ang pao when she left which i thought is the standard practice. I gave her S$100. i check with my friends, all only give $20, but i gave her $100. Yet she still complain at my back & expecting 2 ang paos.

4) SALARY
She was complaining about her pay at my side was very low & below the market. AT the first place, she was the one who offer to work for me & ask that amount of pay. Really ridiculous that she licked back her own saliva.

BEWARE! INNOCENT LOOK & HARDWORKING ATTITUDE DOES NOT MEAN SHE WILL NOT BAD MOUTH YOU AT YOUR BACK!!!!

Hi!
I am still in my confinement and I am trying to endure my confinement nanny. I started my confinement in dec and from the start till now, my breakfast is always milo and biscuits. Followed by one soup, One steamed fish and rice for lunch.Teabreak will be milo and biscuits again. Dinner will be the same soup from the lunch which she reheated, one steamed fish and rice. For supper sometimes, if you are lucky she will make milo and biscuit if not there will be nothing.These have been continuing until on 13th day of my confinement, until I asked her why is there no vegetable for me, she will claimed that my hubby bought the vegetable is not "tender and young " so not cooking for me.Even, so I discovered she also did not cook the vegetable and some of the stuff that my hubby bought for himself, my kids and her. She claimed that they are not fresh and she will not be cooking but all those items are bought from NTUC and fresh market. She will deliberately keep the items in the fridge till they turned stale and withered.She never practised first-in-first-out philosophy, her philosophy is freshest and the most expensive out first and cheapest or sub-quality food will be left to rot in the fridge.. On one occasion, she told me I can eat the vegatable and I discovered that she actually fried the vegetable with dried shrimps. I also discovered that she actually cooked food with oyster sauce and chicken stock powder, put lot of sugar in her cooking too. Moreover, I had a C-section and to think she actually put all these stuff in my food.When I confronted her, she tried to deny. On one occasion, I saw milk stain on my breast pump which she claimed that had been sterlised. But when I pulled out the valves from the pump, I can also see milk droplets from the valves.I was horrified. I also noticed that my baby face especially the area around the eye got lot of rashes. When asked how she cleaned the baby, she said she used hanky soaked with tap water to cleanse her face. However,I remember that we should use boiled water and cotton wool to clean her face. After I corrected her , my baby rashes gets better. I thought confinement lady should be professional in handling the baby,baby's bottles mother's diet....In the afternoon about 2pm, she will sometimes on the tv or sneak to her room and close the door, on the air-con and sleep till 4.30pm . She will wake up and has tea break a coffee and cookies.At 7pm onwards, she will hog the TV in the air-con living room and watch her favourite TV program TDRAMA "LOVE" and continuing all the way to TDRAMA"TAIWAN" till 12am before she retired to her bed. I was really speechless. Can anyone tell what to do....? How much ang bao should I give before she left?

Anyway, my confinement nanny is called ah kin, her full name is toh kin wa from malaysia, ma po.She don't do handwash the baby clothes and mummy clothes. All the clothes are machine washed. Don't be taken in by her looks and her speech. She is quite a good talker but can't performed. Her singapore number is 98962358..Her home number is 0126066294. All the best to whoever got her for confinement!

My CL, Auntie Chong has more than 18years of experience in taking care of CF mummy and baby. She is a great cook and she would prepare food to your preferences. She would even cook for my hubby if he is home for meals.
Good knowledge of herbal soup. She can cook a type of herbal soup to expel the bad blood in the uterus after delivery. Don’t be surprise if you suddenly have heavy flow of menses as its good to have it out of your body instead of inside.
Auntie Chong can be contactable at HP: 81535205(S'pore line)/+60167209255(Msia line)

Hi mummies:
I hv one CL to recommend, she is Malaysian, experienced nanny, worked in USA for the past few years, English speaking. Pm me if keen.
Beth

Cai Mei Ying or Aunty Mei Ying

A warning to mothers looking for confinement nannies, its better to go thru word of mouth rather than forum recommendations. I engaged a nanny, Cai Mei Yin or Aunty Mei Ying thru rigorous search on this forum but she turned out to be my worst fears come true. I am not sure if her services are still touted and recommended online, but if u are doing your research based on forum searches as I did, pls use your discretion!

- I did not heed the warning signs. When i met with her to place deposit, she criticized the mother she was taking care of at that time, that she never did 'tai jiao', that's why the baby now sleeps very late resulting in her not being able to sleep early too.
- she also said she has to nap every afternoon.
- I asked her what herbs I could buy in advance, for her to prepare tonics for me, she said oh, the usual. I told her I really have no idea so could she advice? Can she tell me some so i can buy first? I need to be prepared. She named about 2 herbs, then said I can ask any old people around me, like my mother or mother in law.. Don't they know? Else I can ask medical hall.
- I booked her way in advance for 2 months, but on the first day or work, she says she has a double booking and could not turn down the other party. So she could only work less than a month. She said she was sorry but I should have a mother or mother in law who can take over. !! Despite taking my deposit of $200 when we met before I delivered.
- Turns out, this nanny herself needs nannying. She says she can't sleep too late at night, complains that pillow cover is too slippery and she can't sleep well. She also revealed that her shortest stint is 5 days with a family cos they were boring people, they slept too early, around 8pm and did not watch tv. With her clear warning, we left the tv on specially for her, bought Chinese newspaper in case she was bored.. She still complained of boredom. Another of her warnings was that I had to giver her an ang pow on first day of work, else things would not go smoothly.
- in terms of caring for baby, she refused to test the temperature of heated breast milk before feeding baby. She would just hold the bottle with her fingers and deem it ok. She refused to test by having a drop on her wrist. Even when I tell her that different brands of bottles will feel differently, they may be different in thickness, material etc, so just touching the bottle is not an accurate gauge. She was wrong many times, and one time wrong is one time too many! That's one time of too hot milk into my newborn's mouth/throat/stomach!!
- she does NOT wash her hands after wiping baby's poo. Everytime. Despite repeated appeals. She got angry and offended as she says she has been doing this all along.
- she does NOT wash her hands after touching the broom or dustpan. She will proceed to handle baby, touch baby's cot sheets etc.
- at night, she watches tv and I vividly remember her scurrying when baby cries, cos oh, she forgot to wash the bottles again. So baby has to wait, AGAIN. Too bad for the hungry newborn.
- In terms of cooking, every meal was almost the same. She even says, it's not difficult to cook confinement food, its just frying everything with ginger and sesame. Only variation is the type of vegetable we provide, and whether it's rice or noodle version. After a few days, you will realize she is not a genuine confinement nanny. Tonics? Besides the pre-packed all-in-one tonics that we bought from eu yang sang, she was not able to offer more, neither in advice nor in brewing anything else.
- she revealed that she was all along a factory worker and only became confinement nanny cos of the good money and that it's nothing difficult at all.
- Btw, she is young. She is in her late 40s, a Malaysian but Singapore PR, husband works in Singapore and daughter studying in spore. Her contact number is 824301xx and 07-55931xx. Pls use your own discretion rather than rely on raving forum reviews. I paid for it with my health at the most crucial time when I hired and depended on her to 'take care' of me and my baby. She failed on every count.

For sharing,

Those who wanted to employ chinese day time confinement nanny and meanwhile are thinking of hiring a massue.

I would like to recon mdm lee, i've employ her for my 28days confinement and she cooks good tonic soup and most important is she only charge $1.5k for day time service comparing to the 2k PEM nanny.

Btw, an additional $300 for 7days massage during the confinement can be requested.

Can sms her (98427964), she is a m'sian but come over to visit her daugther.

Have to arrange early as her schedule is always pack and only cover marine parade and tanjung rhu,this is one bad thing for others who no stay in this area.
Viviansw, I saw another post of yours. Are you referring to the same mdm Lee with diff HP no. But you mentioned that you only got her help to cook confinement food.

Pls advise/ clarify as confinement is extremely important for all mommies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170628-202312.png
    Screenshot_20170628-202312.png
    282.6 KB · Views: 136

Back